PDA

View Full Version : Football thread

Pages : 1 2 [3]

robbie
09-07-2006, 22:41
Congratulations Italy! Great news! :) :) :)

Sabeena
09-07-2006, 22:43
Zidane le fou!!, what an idiot, :mad:

RowerB
09-07-2006, 23:18
Someone who's a role-model to so many young people shouldn't have alowed himself to lose control like that.
We’ve seen Zidane’s temper before. In his last season in Italy he committed some truly malicious fouls. It’s really sad to see him end his career like that though.

next stop losing in the finals in 2018? ;)
I’ll be dead by then.

I think this was the best World Cup for some time. The German’s looked after the fans who couldn’t get tickets and the stadiums were filled with enthusiastic crowds. The refs were good and the diving and shirt pulling has been reduced, though not eliminated. We saw Messi briefly, which was worth buying my TV licence for. Last but not least, to a team who’s players are all based in a league in utter turmoil, well-done Italy.

Rachel
09-07-2006, 23:20
I’ll be dead by then.LOOOOOL nice and positive I see :laugh:

freddie
10-07-2006, 01:22
On a bragging note:
Italians have been virtually unbeatable for a couple of years now. You know which national team was the last one to beat them? It was no other than land of the imprisoned and home of the timid - gimme an S... gimme an L gime an... Ovenia?! Yup... We beat them back in 2004 in a qualifying match for the WC finals (which they now won). They always hated playing against their vicini sclavi.

marina
10-07-2006, 03:33
FUCKING HELL !!!
What kind of results is this ?!
It's not that I have anything against Italian team but I've grown to love French team during the World Cup ( I wasn't their supporter from the start) , they won many games proving you wrong and I feel personally *in debts* to them for sending ghastly Ronaldo home....
And now this ....
What exactly happened to Zidane ? No , I mean REALLY ?
How much you have to insult the man that he would risk being sent off at such a moment when Italy went on to win 5-3 in a penalty shoot-out in which France badly missed him ??
Something must have happened !

Greatly disappointed . To hell with this World Cup...

coolasfcuk
10-07-2006, 03:58
What exactly happened to Zidane ? No , I mean REALLY ?
How much you have to insult the man that he would risk being sent off at such a moment when Italy went on to win 5-3 in a penalty shoot-out in which France badly missed him ??
Something must have happened !
agreed!

I mean, both teams werent my favs.... but i was going for France! They also did seem to play better today...
still, I REALLY hope it comes out in the press what did that sleezy Italian mouth out to make Zidan loose his temper SO badly .... not that i am excusing it, but still ....

ok, lets move onto the euro.. this world cup SUCKED! Thank god Bulgaria never even made it to be part of this event :lol:

la_fee_verte
10-07-2006, 06:06
I'm not a happy girl. With add due fairness to Italy, they should not have even been there. After The Aus v Italy game (which was shown here at 2.00 am mind you with school the next day) I could not move. I was so shitted off. After all we did to actually get to Germany jumping through bloody hoops for FIFA. If the game tied, as it should have, we could have worn them down after about 10 mins. Guus hadn't even put Kennedy out, and Aloisi was on for about 10 mins - though his shot at goal was pretty good, shame it missed.

What actually annoys me is that after all that Soccer will go back to being a 5th rate game here after Cricket, AFL, Rugby, and league. Not to mention how hard it is going ot be to get to South Africa...

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE! OY OY OY!

intervolkov
10-07-2006, 08:19
1 Gianluigi Buffon
2 Cristian Zaccardo
3 Fabio Grosso
4 Daniele De Rossi
5 Fabio Cannavaro
6 Andrea Barzagli
7 Alessandro Del Piero
8 Gennaro Gattuso
9 Luca Toni
10 Francesco Totti
11 Alberto Gilardino
12 Angelo Peruzzi
13 Alessandro Nesta
14 Marco Amelia
15 Vincenzo Iaquinta
16 Mauro Camoranesi
17 Simone Barone
18 Filippo Inzaghi
19 Gianluca Zambrotta
20 Simone Perrotta
21 Andrea Pirlo
22 Massimo Oddo
23 Marco Materazzi

ITALY WORLD CHAMPION!!!!!

Edit: Titles of Italian and international newspapers

Gazzetta dello sport (Italy): TUTTO VERO!!!CANIPONI DEL MONDO

Corriere della sera (Italy):L'Italia dei Campioni

Corriere dello Sport (Italy):ITALIA!

Le figaro (France): L’Italie assomme la France

Liberation (France): France, étoile fuyante

L'equipe (France): "ça a pesè lourd"

De Spiegel (Germany): Schiedsrichter bestreitet Einsatz von Videobeweis

Bild (Germany): Grosso schenkt Italien den Titel

Frankfurter Allgemeine (Germany): Italien erwartet den neuen Weltmeister

The Times (england): No ifs or butts, Italy are champions

The Guardian (England): Italy strike gold as Zidane sees red

The sun (England): Yes,We Cann (there is a photo where Cannavaro get up the WC)

Marca (Spain): Italia sube al cielo y Zidane baja al infierno

As (Spain): GANÓ ITALIA; PERDIÓ ZIDANE

Sport (Spain) :Zidane Arruina su despedida

freddie
10-07-2006, 12:54
Sometimes I think there just has to be some universal mechanism of fate out there. I remember back in Euro 2000 finals France and Italy played for the cup. Italy was leading 1:0 right until the last minute when France equalized. It went to overtimes when Davide Trezeguet scored for France. The golden goal rule was still in use then so that won it for France 2:1. He was the main rooster in the galic henhouse that day.

Yesterday Davide Trezeguet fucked up France's only penalty, which consequently cost them the title.

... Mysterious ways indeed ...

nath
10-07-2006, 14:02
Le figaro (France): L’Italie assomme la France
:eek: really?...hihi....I haven't noticed that in watching the match..

I think this match was very disappointing for a Final match....it was boring and...just my point of view, nor France nor Italy were playing well.

I don't know what was said to Zidane but I agree that he has no excuse to have acted like that...and I think that today he might be the first unhappy of a such act.

I had a lot of pleasure in watching France-Bresil for the quality of the football...
I just hope to have soon a such pleasure in watching a match...whatever the nationality of the team..

May be I haven't seen football for a long time but what I will keep is a dispointed and irritated feeling: may be my memory is definitively "out" but I don't have the souvenir than players were playing like that before.i mean 20 years ago....
Now, all the 5 minutes you are stopped because of "cinema"...people are about to die on the field and 5 minutes later run as rabbits!
They can't play without holding the teee-shirts of others...or pushing the other on the grass when the player becomes too dangerous...

Rules should be strictly applied by referees if not football will turn to "american football with foot"...i was really , really irritated by this aspect.

freddie
10-07-2006, 14:55
Rules should be strictly applied by referees if not football will turn to "american football with foot"...i was really , really irritated by this aspect.
That's true but at the same time they have to make sure that the game flows freely. Which means overlooking some insignificant fouls in the middle of the pitch (ones that don't even result in losing the possession of the ball) and only stop the game when something harsher happens. It's tedious when a ref blows his whistle every 3 seconds. Gameplay gets completely murdered like that.

la_fee_verte
10-07-2006, 15:00
I think thats why other football codes (in AUS particulary) are so boring. Every 5 mins they are checking with a video ref which is annoying and takes up too much time. I actually heard that the Aus v. Japan ref was given the sack after that game... I dare say a few will be in review at least.

So what am I going to do for another 4 years since there is like no proper football here?

fanoff
10-07-2006, 17:09
Zidane gets Materazzi (http://youtube.com/watch?v=j1i_l0OeeMc)

the moment zidane hit italian player.if you look at the comments they were such sayings that called Zidane a "stupid,barbarian Muslim"(is Zidane Muslim?).i dont know what to say to these kind of people who actually have some problems with themselves and are totally racist.

marina
10-07-2006, 17:53
I'm sure the Italian team knew what they were doing ; they probably provoked the French teams best player so he's be out and they'd have an easier chance at winning !
Anyway ...This world cup will not be remembered for Italy's victory in penalty kicks. It will be remembered for Zidane wiped that italian out !:D

coolasfcuk
10-07-2006, 17:55
Zidane gets Materazzi (http://youtube.com/watch?v=j1i_l0OeeMc)

the moment zidane hit italian player.if you look at the comments they were such sayings that called Zidane a "stupid,barbarian Muslim"(is Zidane Muslim?).i dont know what to say to these kind of people who actually have some problems with themselves and are totally racist.
I cannot watch your link right now, but I am SURE the Italian said something racist (that's what me and my friends were thinking) ... saying "Fuck your mother" would not make someone do what Zidane did .. either way, ugly moment

Too many Italians in San Francisco, North Beach (the italian neighborhood) and most of the city for that matter were crazy yesterday: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object/article?o=0&f=/c/a/2006/07/10/MNG90JSHVJ1.DTL

nath
10-07-2006, 18:06
It's tedious when a ref blows his whistle every 3 seconds. Gameplay gets completely murdered like that.
Yep I understand but they should say to all the teams now:"Enough is enough"...so the game will be stop until people would be able to play football and not a remake of "Welcome to Hospital" and they should give systematic sanctions to people who pass their time in catching the tee-shirts of others or who don't leave others playing in holding them and sanctions too to people who use fake injuries.

If you do nothing , it would never improve but will become worse and worse.

When people will complain cause they can't see a match until the end because rules are applied, players will be obliged to change attitude.

fanoff
10-07-2006, 18:32
funny things
funny ad (http://content.ytmnd.com/content/8/6/9/8691b2eb002f26a2c99a034d741ce5c8.gif)
the reason why zidane hit materazzi is simple.A Butterfinger!

the game (http://villafleurdete.com/zid.html)
you are zidane and you hit the players(all materazzi)and kill them!but in the end you see the red card:(

forre
10-07-2006, 19:12
Football is more of a business than any sport. Forget about fair game. It's so dirty and boring. Yep, they blow the whistle every 20 seconds and we have to watch "ladies" rolling on the grass in pain for another minute.

Italy won. End of the deal. They played well. France played well but France would have needed to score for Christ's sake if they wanted to bring the Cup home. Ok, France scored but over the penalty. Then it was all about nerves at the end.

Zizou is supposed to be a national model figure and a team captain. Last night he showed one thing - he's just another ball kid from the block. Where he started, there he ended. Bye Zizou...

P.S. Those guys are so overrated!

Argos
10-07-2006, 20:45
... we have to watch "ladies" rolling on the grass in pain for another minute.
Sexism!:p

Zizou is supposed to be a national model figure and a team captain. Last night he showed one thing - he's just another ball kid from the block. Where he started, there he ended. Bye Zizou...
First of all he showed that he is no superhero like in american comics, but a human with flesh and blood and temper. In the end we will always remember his cultivated play (even his chest-header was technically perfect!:D ), not his not so glorious leaving. Bye Zizou, thank you!

freddie
10-07-2006, 21:59
I'm seriously wondering about is what the hell Materazzi said to Zizou to piss him off like that.

fanoff
10-07-2006, 22:49
I'm seriously wondering about is what the hell Materazzi said to Zizou to piss him off like that.

thats the question everbody is wondering.it will come out when zidane first gives an interview

coolasfcuk
10-07-2006, 23:13
well, im sure you've heard 'official speculations" that suggest zidane was called "Dirty terrorist" ...

my fav thing is reading the AMERICAN news about this... it is fucking hillarious and angering (is that a word lol) at the same time.... sports dumb-ass journalists that understand and know NOTHING about soccer/foolball should NOT comment on the issue - why make a jack ass of yourself! comparing soccer to american football is ridiculous!
FOX: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,202863,00.html
Sportsillustrated: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/dr_z/07/10/zidane/

: puke: american sport commentators and journalists - FUCK OFF!

Obie
10-07-2006, 23:43
thats the question everbody is wondering.it will come out when zidane first gives an interview

I was shocked when I saw Zidane hitting that guy,, and so kind of laughed but then thought,,, he's just about to quit,,,, bad way to do it.... I wonder why did he do so, I mean, knowing that all cameras where on,,, hey , this is the Worl Cup man, you're supposed to be seen my millions of people all around the world! :rolleyes: ...

freddie
11-07-2006, 00:09
FOX: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,202863,00.html
Sportsillustrated: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/dr_z/07/10/zidane/

: puke: american sport commentators and journalists - FUCK OFF!

That is priceless. Both articles have the same style. The good old "I have no clue what the sport in question is about so I'll just compared it to familiar US sports" style. Gotta give them credits for originality at least. I'd be hard pressed to write an article like that about American Football.

coolasfcuk
11-07-2006, 00:19
That is priceless. Both articles have the same style. The good old "I have no clue what the sport in question is about so I'll just compared it to familiar US sports" style. Gotta give them credits for originality at least. I'd be hard pressed to write an article like that about American Football.
that matcho attitude towards sports is just... FFFFFFFFFFF... yeah, oh but WAIT, soccer is a GIRLIE sport in the USA :blabla:

fanoff
11-07-2006, 00:27
wow,heard it for the first time now.in the news it says there might be a possibility for the italian player to call zidane a terrorist!what are we to do?zidane management just told the italian made some serious comment.you can read those in the article

the article (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2006/teams/france/5164094.stm)

Obie
11-07-2006, 01:31
wow,heard it for the first time now.in the news it says there might be a possibility for the italian player to call zidane a terrorist!what are we to do?zidane management just told the italian made some serious comment.you can read those in the article

the article (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2006/teams/france/5164094.stm)

thanks fanoff; I still think he must have thought it twice before doing that thing with his head,,,,, But, let's think about it,,,, at last He actually used his "head".:p

nath
11-07-2006, 11:53
It seems that the Italian Player has insulted the Zidane's family and especially his mother.

His mother is really sick at this moment that's why , may be, he was very fragile and sensitive about this subject cause it isn't at all his usual way to act.

This reason doesn't excuse his sportive attitude but can explain his human reaction.

Argos
11-07-2006, 19:17
It seems that the Italian Player has insulted the Zidane's family and especially his mother..

Matterazzi denies that he insulted anybody of his family, but he told what Zinedine said: "If you really want my shirt you can have it afterwards!" (:done: ). Then the Italian said something 'serious' to him. O.k., both are alive and healthy. Finals tear on player's nerves, better forget this unpleasent scene. Both are normally fair sportsmen.

coolasfcuk
11-07-2006, 19:26
Matterazzi denies that he insulted anybody of his family, but he told what Zinedine said: "If you really want my shirt you can have it afterwards!" (:done: ).
puuuuuuuuuuuuhleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez!!! He also said that "he isnt cultured enough and does not even know what 'a terrorist' is" :blabla: Who is he fucking kidding... even my grandma who is 89 and lives in her own little world knows what a terrorist is :heh:

do you really believe he did not insult any of his family members? lets be honest, football players have pretty dirty mouths, i am sure he insulted more than one member of the family ;)

i just find it hillarious how the win of the Italians is completely overshadowed now - no one is talking about that anymore, Zidane has already taken over :lol: PR is PR, good or bad, i wonder how he can make $$ off of it now lol

freddie
11-07-2006, 21:00
Matterazzi denies that he insulted anybody of his family, but he told what Zinedine said: "If you really want my shirt you can have it afterwards!" (:done: ). Then the Italian said something 'serious' to him. O.k., both are alive and healthy. Finals tear on player's nerves, better forget this unpleasent scene. Both are normally fair sportsmen.

It's been reported here Materazzi actually said: "If you want me you can have me later." :D

marina
12-07-2006, 03:26
Sorry (http://fishki.net/picsp/podbor9999_36.jpg)....;)

la_fee_verte
12-07-2006, 04:42
Well, according to the newspaper here 'expert lip readers' said that he said to zidane:

"You are the son of a terrorist whore... so just f*** off"

what i want to know is how do you become an 'expert lip reader'? And what are they all doing in Australia?

freddie
12-07-2006, 06:23
Well, according to the newspaper here 'expert lip readers' said that he said to zidane:

"You are the son of a terrorist whore... so just f*** off"

what i want to know is how do you become an 'expert lip reader'? And what are they all doing in Australia?

You go to an expert lip-reading school. ;)

And what language did he say it in?
Probably Italian - Zizou probably knows the language since he played for Juventus a while back.

haku
11-01-2007, 23:27
Beckham to transfer to… LA Galaxy (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/6248835.stm) :lol: What a sad end to a career.

taty994945
03-03-2007, 03:19
Anyone up for the Liverpool - Man United match? I hope alot of goals are scored. :)

coolasfcuk
03-03-2007, 22:10
Beckham to transfer to… LA Galaxy (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/6248835.stm) :lol: What a sad end to a career.
i just saw this... whats with the big laugh?

The amount of $$$ beckam was offered is unbelievable! in fact he will be an idiot not to take it... and lets face it, becks isnt young anymore.... his star days are over... besides, him and posh will be just FINE in LA

spyretto
07-03-2007, 11:39
Can't believe this, 3 HUGE favourites ( holders Barca and the super solid Lyon and Inter Milan out of the Champions League quarters at the first time of asking. )

Pure comedy man...as I said before football is a very very very corrupt sport now....it's very silly rules are there to incite corruption.

I think the biggest madness of them all would be if Man Utd went out tonight :lol:

intervolkov
10-03-2007, 08:48
Navarro is a s**t man!

spyretto
23-03-2007, 11:42
oh dear...an important qualifier is coming up between Greece and Turkey tomorrow and things are not at all good between the two countries at the moment. I hope nothing crazy happens.

fanoff
25-03-2007, 16:20
I hope nothing crazy happens.

Some crazy things happened indeed.I watched the match and Turkey beat 4-1:D but behind our goal keeper's side there were such a mess,everything from beer cups and water bottles,and when we score a goal,it was even worse,got more serious problem for players.I was not surprised they treated this way,but i was expecting something less.

fanoff
28-03-2007, 21:10
I just watched the Turkey-Norway match and it was a big challenge for our players,Norway had a great tactic and i got happy we did achieve to get 1 point by 2-2

coolasfcuk
28-03-2007, 21:47
well we couldnt beat fucking albania at home - 0:0 great way to start the spring, guys :none:

taty994945
03-04-2007, 10:25
I'm looking forward to PSV vs Liverpool and AC Milan vs Bayern Munich tomorrow. Hopefully they will be exciting games.

spyretto
04-04-2007, 23:55
They weren't The only thing I enjoyed was Bayern's last gasp goal. Football has become so boring these days.
Tonight's matches were a bit better...but I prefer tennis to football, lol

Some crazy things happened indeed.I watched the match and Turkey beat 4-1 but behind our goal keeper's side there were such a mess,everything from beer cups and water bottles,and when we score a goal,it was even worse,got more serious problem for players.I was not surprised they treated this way,but i was expecting something less.

Something less wouldn't have happened in Turkey for sure if the same situation occured, wouldn't it, now...
Anyway almost nothing happened, considering what happened the following week domestically, when a fan was beaten to death in the streets by hooligans of the opposing club and that caused such a stir that they were thinking of even stopping the league matches completely. At the end they're going after supporter's clubs in general and are changing the lasw to - hopefully - sort this mess out.

I just watched the Turkey-Norway match and it was a big challenge for our players,Norway had a great tactic and i got happy we did achieve to get 1 point by 2-2

You should thank Norway's keeper...or have you "thanked" him already, hehe...just kidding.

Anyway, Turkey is a pretty good team and will be going to the Euro finals in flying colours, especially after the punishment by Uefa. Greece on the other hand is a very very BAD team but might also be going to the finals, surprisingly enough.
As for Bulgaria I think it's their best ever chance to make it, it's between them and Romania for a place. Just give the ball to Berbatov and he'll do the rest. ;)

spyretto
23-05-2007, 19:01
Last match of the football season today, the Champions League final...any preditctions? :p

GOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLL LLLLLLLLLL

yeah baby!

coolasfcuk
23-05-2007, 21:28
2:0 oh well, gotta go pick up my mom now... bye bye liverpool

spyretto
23-05-2007, 21:40
2-1 FT, it was almost a sense of deja vu at the end with a very late goal and tense last minutes!

Oh well, Milan are worthy winners for me ;)

tainted_chick
23-05-2007, 21:54
KaKa was a disappointment for me .. i expected better from him but go Inzaghi!

spyretto
23-05-2007, 22:02
Milan was a disappointment overall...vs a team that hasn't won the title in their country for 18 years.
It was a poor match and UEFA have to do something to boost football which is going down the cliff in my opinion, especially after that awful World Cup last year.

RowerB
23-05-2007, 22:13
Milan could not pass for a toffee most of the game. They still beat them easy enough, but it would have been better if they’d given them a real good hammering.

It was a poor match and UEFA have to do something to boost football which is going down the cliff in my opinion, especially after that awful World Cup last year.
My advice to UEFA would be, reinstate Leeds United to the premiership (where they belong) and give them Liverpool’s place in next season’s Champion’s League. A brilliant footballing spectacle would be assured.

spyretto
23-05-2007, 22:27
poor Leeds United...you need to create a team from scratch.

My advice to UEFA would be to get rid of the draw rule...and the penalty
Give the divers a red card instead :p

taty994945
03-06-2007, 00:59
Does anyone have a highlights video of the Denmark-Sweden match? It sounds like it was an interesting match, lol.

coolasfcuk
03-06-2007, 07:17
Does anyone have a highlights video of the Denmark-Sweden match? It sounds like it was an interesting match, lol.

oh god, that would've been a good game to see... my once favs swe, playing their brothers dk! and from 3:3 to get to that DRAMA at the 89 min... please, the fan wasnt the one that fucked up the game, that Poulsen fucked it up as he clearly punched the swede in the stomach - the danish can only blame themselves... and they came up from 0:3... :laugh:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5kl9m7MSZhM this is from youtube, it is so hard to find the actual goals. lol... and i dont understnad what seems like turkish, but i do understand DRAAAAMA, DRAAAAAMA :lol:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pZ2t2YFCuGU - here it is in english - stupidity is the word here, and i agree..
i guess, i have to say that thank god this happend at that game - because if it happened at a game where HOT blooded and tempered nations were playing its wouldve been ugly - look at those politically correct and calm scandinavians, at the end they are all cheering at eachother and the players actually saved the referee- at some other country it couldve been the players attacking the referee lol

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZHJjG60Eb5w - teeny, where are you, what is this idiot saying?

spyretto
09-06-2007, 19:39
It looks like Greece will be going to the European championships. Someone up there want it to happen. First Turkey comes from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 with Norway - with Myhre, Norways keeper letting the ball to literally slip off his hands and into the net not once but TWICE in the last 10 minutes;
after that Turkey being in the driving seat loses 3-2 to...Bosnia/Herzegovina, then Greece beats Moldova with a goal in 94th minute and 30 seconds. :)
The result of all that is that Greece is leading the group with 5 points difference from the 2nd :p
Yeah somebody up there wants our crappy team to "defend" the title.