Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum General discussions

russian names help please

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 19-03-2004, 05:45   #1
Прохожий

russian names help please

Ok here is my question. My fiance's name is Levchenko Svetlana Anatolievna. What name is the given name, middle name , and the family name. I need this information for my visa paperwork. Also how does the name change for getting married and having a child. I am confused can someone in Russia or someone who knows about this please help me.
Old 19-03-2004, 08:08   #2
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
OK I'm not russian so russian folks feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I'll just state some obvious facts.

1st name: Svetlana , middle surname, the patronim: Anatolievna (daughter of Anatolij), surname: Levchenko.
Ummm... I'm not sure what changes, but I think she gets your surname and keeps the partonim while she gets your last surname.
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Old 19-03-2004, 13:40   #3
Primetime Anchor

Quote:
Originally posted by freddie
OK I'm not russian so russian folks feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I'll just state some obvious facts.

1st name: Svetlana , middle surname, the patronim: Anatolievna (daughter of Anatolij), surname: Levchenko.
Ummm... I'm not sure what changes, but I think she gets your surname and keeps the partonim while she gets your last surname.
Correct. She will be called Svatlana Anatolievna + Your Surname. Then, patronim normally gets erased if she moves to a non-slavic country. So practically, she will be called Svetlana + Your Surname.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Olga | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ ritzer@hotmail.com ]

Latest News:
| Tatu gallery | Current News | News Archive
ReplyPost New Thread