PDA

View Full Version : Reputation and Reputation power

Pages : [1] 2

teeny
09-06-2004, 20:47
Whats up with the reputation thing and the road? :laugh: It looks funny.
Can users rate eachother?

*goes to look for more information*

Igor
09-06-2004, 20:50
teeny, yes. :) Later I shall try to explain as it works.
I yet up to the end have understood. :gigi:

teeny
09-06-2004, 20:55
oki, Igor
Will wait and see then.. :heh:

Kate
10-06-2004, 00:03
The reputation system explained. (http://forum.tatysite.net/showthread.php?t=7447)

Any comments, ideas and questions are welcome. :D

haku
10-06-2004, 03:00
Thanks for explaining the reputation thing in detail. :rose:

It sounds really nice, a simple way to show your appreciation to other people. :) I've already increased the rep of a few people. It's gonna be interesting to see how things evolve as time passes by. I'm wondering what kind of other roads there are. :D

Kate
10-06-2004, 03:05
Personally, I think the reputation thingy really spices up our life on the forum. :D Hopefully, it is a feature that will stay... as long as people know what they are doing... :kawai:

Lux
10-06-2004, 05:25
so being at an unknown quantity means you don't have enough reputation points to be on a distinguished road, right?

Kate
10-06-2004, 05:28
Lux, I don't know. I'll ask Igor on the Russian forum, and get back to you with an answer.

denial
10-06-2004, 06:33
This is great ...

oh well .. I've already live in a world where people fight and challenge and manipulate and stab each other from the back for reputation .. and I am competitive too .. but .. for different reason.

Anyway... I see this as a cool thing from programming perspective.

nath
10-06-2004, 07:17
oh well .. I've already live in a world where people fight and challenge and manipulate and stab each other from the back for reputation ..
I absolutely agree with you Denial ...
Yesterday i tried to replied but it didn't work......

I wanted too, to congratulate sincerely Kate & Haku for their honoring ranks: cause it's a good thing that all their translations which bring so much to us are recongnized....but it didn't work neither to reply.... :(

I think we feel well on tatysite cause we feel confortable....and to meet there some friends could help us to destress from the work or outside life sometimes....
This system makes me think to a card of a party, with points , to test if you are a good "citizen" or not....and makes me think to the private sector job...where you have to fight and "eat" the guys who work with you to be recognized as the FIRST !

Personnaly , I hate "competition"...it isn't my state of mind , at all....what does it proove about your human side , on a forum?....
And this judgement with points about other members....seems to be abble to kill just our natural way, our spontanity and could give birth to problems in the relations between the members....

I'm here to relax , to appreciate some comments or productions....but certainly not to be in a world of "stress" and "pushfulness"....

The best things you can offer to the others are the things you can give to them just for their own pleasure , the "free" gifts....If you offer things to the others to be recognized YOURSELF as the best .....this has absolutely no valor for me...

I think we wrote often kind sentences to say thank you or congratulate the other people on the forum....
I prefer this kind sentences to points and "evaluations".....
Just my point of view...

teeny
10-06-2004, 08:30
cause it's a good thing that all their translations which bring so much to us are recongnized....but it didn't work neither to reply....
Nath, do you have a firewall or pop up killer? It might not allow the reputation window to show :)

Don't think we are this competitive either. Sure it might be fun for a little while, but in the end I think I'll go back to the old system. I'm too much at ease with things as they are right now, or at least as they used to be.

Of course if people have trouble regarding me I would like them to tell me instead of decresing to reputation. But then again this gives people a chance to do it under cover.

I dunno.. I will agree with denial that the system is interesting from a programmers point of view for sure.

rosh
10-06-2004, 08:32
Of course if people have trouble regarding me I would like them to tell me instead of decresing to reputation. But then again this gives people a chance to do it under cover.

teeny i think you get to see whose increased and decreased you though, under the user control panel

teeny
10-06-2004, 08:35
teeny i think you get to see whose increased and decreased you though, under the user control panel
:none: oh.. wooops. I better go check

thank you for the info

goku
10-06-2004, 08:36
Haha, I agree with you teeny and denial. Not only the reputation but everything this forum has undergone has been quite interesting..
I like the idea of "honorary members" though. But I can't find where it says the actual points you have for reputation, or the power you have or stuff like that.. maybe as you said my pop-up killer is taking care of it :p

teeny
10-06-2004, 08:41
I have 14 points.. Last point being from staringelf it seems.. so thank you, staringelf for that one.
Where to locate a full list I have no idea. But the total number and last recieved is in the bottom of the main window in the CP, goku

Kate
10-06-2004, 08:44
goku, you can find your total number of points on the main page of your "control panel". As to the power etc, I'll find out from Igor.

teeny
10-06-2004, 09:50
gave it some thought.

I won't be playing along with the credit system. It's not that I don't appreciate posts by you guys, it's more that I appreciate all posts, so it would make no sense crediting individual members.
Most of the people in here I consider my friends. I don't go around telling my real life friends how good/bad they are either.

So if noone gets a credit from me, it's not that I don't appreciate them being here. It'll simply be because I don't give credit all together. With that said I would appreciate it if I didn't get any credit either :laugh: cos I like being part of the mayority in here. And people should consider what I say instead of looking at reputation or power and then read whats being said. Even though it would mean the same to top posting members I'm sure, it would be confusing to the new members.

Kate
10-06-2004, 10:06
teeny, I think you misunderstood the point of the reputation system. You are not supposed to rate a person's post because he is your friend, or because you like that person or whatever other reason. It's more like, if a person created an interesting thread, you give him a few points. If a person provided some help to you on finding an mp3, for example, you give him some credits. If a person took liberty to upload a video for everyone, you increase his reputation. Do you see what I am saying? Also, if a person is a trouble maker, and caused a fight, you decrease his reputation.

You are not expected to go back and rate every post from the beginning of this forum. It's entirely up to what you feel right - when you really appretiate a person's post (like in the cases above) you give him some points. Do you see where I am going with this?

This way people will see who in this forum community contributes more etc and be able to turn to them for help and assistence if required. Also, Igor, who is not a frequent visitor on the English forum, will be able to judge whether or not to ban a person based on his/her reputation (in case the banning circumstances come up).

teeny
10-06-2004, 10:22
exactly. It's the same reasons I don't like it.
Lets take the computer help thread. I helped a bit in there, and so did other members. The help was provided for the sake of helping. And people placed their thank yous if it had worked and such.
Contributing in the Island of Arts is also a thing I did because I wanted to share. It's nice when people use walls ect. and that is the beauty of sharing. Not that people can pad your shoulders and go: Well done I'll give you points for this one.

Uploading/hosting files has always been appreciated and I will admit we haven't been thanking the hosts as much as we could, but I don't think they are doing it because they wan't to reach a higher level than everyone else.

Banning people for being given bad credit? Yiks.. please make sure everyone hands out credit for the right reasons then. Cos already we see people at different roads and they actually don't really belong there. The road system will make looking at individual cases less needed. So if one shares a lot of files and such one is safe from banning and can stand some bad credit better. Well that'll make helping more "rewarding" will it not?

Glad that I'm not expected to go back and credit people, cos I have already given credit in the form of appreciation in the past.

I guess with signing out of credit system I better follow the rules. Which I actually think I've been doing since day one. Even without a credit system hanging over my head :)

Kate
10-06-2004, 10:27
teeny, it's your choice whether to use this sytem or not. It's just that I personally think it will encourage people to share, make interesting threads, and generally contribute to this forum. :) Cuz I think that if a person will gave enough credits, s/he'll be able to become an "Honorary Member" and have excess to larger PM inbox, and have additional editing features in threads etc... If you're not interested, fine with me...

teeny
10-06-2004, 10:37
Not interested no.. rather be a user as I am right now. I will rely on my posts to be interesting all the same, and I will share things like I've always done. Sure I'll pass out on the bonus features, but it'll mean just the same to me.

about the banning thing that is to be discussed with the mods like the rules says, yeah? or would that part be skipped with reputation introduction?

Kate
10-06-2004, 10:40
teeny, I just used the banning thing as an example. Didn't mean it literally. For each person the banning results in different circumstances. It all comes down to Igor's decision anyway.

Anyway, good luck being a member. I am sure you will get your head around the reputation system ones it settles in. :D

Igor
10-06-2004, 11:19
If the system to not like, I can remove her. :)

teeny
10-06-2004, 11:26
Anyway, good luck being a member. I am sure you will get your head around the reputation system ones it settles in.
Thank you. Hope I don't need luck though.
Don't think I'll change my mind. I can be pretty stubborn when it comes to things I find unfair.

If the system to not like, I can remove her.
The system yeah? I, for one, would like that :)

Veggie Delite
10-06-2004, 11:51
why remove it? i think it´s very interesting

rosh
10-06-2004, 12:11
i think those of us who want to use it should feel free, and those that dont, should just pretend like it isnt there ... its not an obligatory thing to use after all. use it or not ... i think the aim is to add some variety to the forum and keep people interested in one of the best forums out there. after all, how many months didnt we go without any real tatu news ? something has to keep people coming here ... and its just another feature to keep it interesting.

teeny
10-06-2004, 12:35
I find the forum interesting as it is, so I'll stay out of useing it either way. How will it be considered a good thing if people post because of the system? Are things more interesting because there is a "bonus" in the end?
Those of us that are still here and those who can't be here all visited for a number of reasons. I don't think credits were a part of the reasons. Why should it be so now?

haku
10-06-2004, 14:08
I think it's fun and i like it. :kawai: I don't think it should be removed. Personnaly i don't really intend to use the decrease function unless someone makes a really outrageous post, but i certainly like being able to show my appreciation to people whose post is interesting or funny. :yes:

And it's cool to be able to check in your User CP what posts have gotten reactions from people, a few people have already increased my rep, an one has decreased it, hehe, that's interesting. :D

I like the reputation system and i hope it will stay. People shouldn't take it *that* seriously anyway, it's no more unfair than the post counts (or the stars or special "titles" you get on some other forums), and yet, people are happy to brag when they get 2k, 3k, or 4k posts, it's just human nature. :)

teeny
10-06-2004, 14:23
Well about the postcounts that has been fun to follow yeah. And reaching any level has been fun too. Post counts one can control easily. Post and number will increase. It has nothing to do with who is being appreciated or not.
Actually people with fewer post numbers are among those I respect the most. With the few posts they have, they really get their opinions stated. I admire that a lot.
I appreciate translations and contributions a lot, and if appreciation is to be shown in stars and roads fine by me too. Just count me out. Human nature isn't always good though.

denial
10-06-2004, 14:49
Tina... calm down .. I just gave you a reputation for being stubborn .. LoL .. and if you get more stubborn .. I'll give you more reputation .. LoL ..

teeny
10-06-2004, 14:59
Tina... calm down .. I just gave you a reputation for being stubborn .. LoL .. and if you get more stubborn .. I'll give you more reputation .. LoL .
:none: which proves my point. Stating my opinion shouldn't give me reputation points.. Opinions and ideas were allowed. I'll share my point of view in this matter, and it gives me points.
Good thing is that if I understood the system right you have to credit someone else now before you can give me points again :p

Happy 2250 posts though.. (and yes I see the irony in saying that in this thread :lalala: )

denial
10-06-2004, 15:55
uhuh .. doesnt work that way .. I just decrease $in reputation and warned her not to complain .. then I tried to add your reputation .. it doesnt work .. it said I have to give reputation to someone else before I can give to you again .. wait .. I look for more person .. hang on there ..

teeny
10-06-2004, 15:59
you reached your minimum of the day or so :p Muahahahhaha.. or you have to credit a lot of people first.. anyway doesn't matter to me

denial
10-06-2004, 16:01
well .. I gave a reputation to Nath ... then I tried to give you again .. its doesnt work .. anyway .. just wanted to reputate you that your smiless on your last 2 posts warm my heart ... :dead:

coolasfcuk
10-06-2004, 16:07
so who is rating me? :gigi:

and how come i dont see that in my Control Panel? :confused:

edit: ah ha, thanks denial, i got how it works now! :coctail:

Veggie Delite
10-06-2004, 16:12
i´ll give you, coz i must before i can decrease denial´s :bebebe: and to suck up a little, coz maybe i´ll come to bg this summer :gigi:

denial
10-06-2004, 16:13
My connection is very slow .. it said some about DoS attack on ISP .. its hard to give reputation at this time . .. but somehow . I managed to give you one Cools .. its free .. my token of appreciation for being my friend.. and so you could see how it looks like ..LoL

teeny
10-06-2004, 16:15
and how come i dont see that in my Control Panel?
It's below the threads you are following

Told ya, denial.. you can't rate me right away again.. and I can say whatever I want to in the meanwhile.

denial
10-06-2004, 16:21
yep ... I see now Tina .. thanks for the reputation too Cools ..

and $in , LoL .. sorry .. I don't think you can decrease me yet .. until you give more people reputations .. LoL LoL

$in :hooligan:

Veggie Delite
10-06-2004, 16:35
yah... i can´t decrease your reputation..

yet...! :nunu:

coolasfcuk
10-06-2004, 16:45
kids, kids, kids..... lets not turn this into a 'playroom' , behave... i tell ya :nunu:

and to suck up a little, coz maybe i?ll come to bg this summerhihi, keep in touch veggie, send PMs to let me know :D

Mad Debz
10-06-2004, 16:49
Talk about making a moutain out of a mole hill. I think it's quite a fun idea. I probably wont have the time to use it, but you never know. I was suprised to find I actually had some points lol! I will defanatly try and use it when people give useful info, pics ect, too often thankyous get lost or it feels like no ones really bothered about all the things you do. It should be used for a bit of fun and I really hope people don't start negative reputationing (if thats a word, LOL!) for serious vengfull resons or because they really can't stand a person. Negative "reping" should be a playfull thing say for a real bad typo(Look out forre! ;) ) , if you get me. No rep wars! :p

*runs and hides*

Lux
10-06-2004, 16:51
kate - how can you dictate the intention of the system? people will do whatever they want with it, it's out of your hands.

EDIT: i understand the intentions of this system, but it's blatantly obvious that this will turn out to be who is favorited on the forum.

Igor
10-06-2004, 16:59
And what if to remove negative reputation? There will be no rep wars.

Unplugged
10-06-2004, 17:02
i understand the intentions of this system, but it's blatantly obvious that this will turn out to be who is favorited on the forum.
:blabla:
Worried about getting low points?

Lux
10-06-2004, 17:05
staringelf :lol: you're so predictable

denial
10-06-2004, 17:06
:blabla:

wouldn't you?

haku
10-06-2004, 17:07
I will defanatly try and use it when people give useful info, pics ect, too often thankyous get lost or it feels like no ones really bothered about all the things you do.
I agree, that's how i see this system. When someone post an information and people don't want to reply because they don't have anything to say but are still glad that this information was brought to them, they can at least show their appreciation by increasing the poster's rep.
Since we can see in the User CP which posts people have appreciated, at least the poster will know that people are glad they posted the information (and if people are not glad that they posted the information, that's also good to know), instead of having a thread that remains empty for hours and makes you wonder if people are even reading it (i know how that feels, lol).

Unplugged
10-06-2004, 17:08
wouldn't you?
:laugh: Ummm... no!? :D

Lux
10-06-2004, 17:09
igor, maybe removing the negative reputation thing is a good way to keep people from playing favorites too much. :D

denial - long time no see. ;)

coolasfcuk - what about keeping this place from being a playroom? :rolleyes:

teeny
10-06-2004, 17:13
I'm worried not for getting low points, but for people to give out bad points for stupid reasons.
It's not the system vs. me I'm concerned about is people useing it for revenge and private matters.
If I was to give bad credit your post would get a bad point cos I don't really like the argument being given.

So yes, Igor, from that point of view removing the bad credit part would be a good thing. The good credit will mean what it means. Everyone seems to enjoy handing out credits anyway so go ahead. I just won't contribute and that shouldn't mean anything.

Mad Debz
10-06-2004, 17:17
And what if to remove negative reputation? There will be no rep wars.

See how it goes for a few weeks? If people do take big offence from always being given minus points, then remove it. :) Wait and see. ;)

Lux
10-06-2004, 17:20
i agree with teeny. case in point: i have already gotten a negative reputation credit, although the origins were predictable, i don't see the point of this system. if there is no way to reinforce how people use it, it can warp into playing who has more power to lower the reputation points of someone they simply don't like. some of us can use the system as what it is intended for, but without any way to monitor how people use it, things can get dishonest.

coolasfcuk
10-06-2004, 17:56
staringelf, lets not pick fights, yeah?
coolasfcuk - what about keeping this place from being a playroom? :rolleyes:
please, dont roll your eyes @ me.

this was introduced to you ('you' = everybody, not just Lux) as a 'fun' little addition to the forum.. lets see if you guys can handle it well...or if it'll turn into a 'big problem' ;)

Lux
10-06-2004, 18:02
cool, i didnt want to personally attack anyone. how else do i get your attention? oh, and another thing. how can i sign out of the reputation thingie?

EDIT: nevermind. you can't sign out of it. :rolleyes:

madeldoe
10-06-2004, 18:18
okee..well im on a time budget at the moment..soo im unable to review all the threads *cough*
but i have a few inquiries..can i find out who gave or deducted my points? as well as how much i was given or deducted?

Lux
10-06-2004, 18:20
nataku - click on User CP ;)

teeny
10-06-2004, 18:20
ms. nataku, it's in the CP part. Below the threads listed that you are watching. At the bottom it shows how gave/took points and if they said so, the reason why.

Mad Debz
10-06-2004, 18:21
but i have a few inquiries..can i find out who gave or deducted my points? as well as how much i was given or deducted?

On the tool bar at the top of your page, there is "User CP", just click on that. :)

haku
10-06-2004, 18:34
Well, you can see that you were given or taken points, and for which posts, but you can't see by *who*, right? Or maybe i've missed something (which wouldn't be surprising, lol).

rosh
10-06-2004, 18:36
haku : i can see who gave me points ... it says the persons name :)

Lux
10-06-2004, 18:37
yep me too, i can see who gave me points.

teeny
10-06-2004, 18:49
I can see by who, haku..
Think the first 15 points are a starting amount. And then you can see who influenced either up or down after that. Otherwise I have no idea how I started at 15 (+1?) points, cos no matter what, my post which got points first were not worth all those points

nath
10-06-2004, 19:05
Denial:
and $in , LoL .. sorry .. I don't think you can decrease me yet .. until you give more people reputations .. LoL LoL

$in :hooligan:

$in
yah... i can´t decrease your reputation..

yet...! :nunu:

Oh!...Finally i like this thread! :D ...It's too funny... :kuli: .....And it destresss me...just stupid persons never change opinion...hihi.....

Seriously Igor..I like the idea to delete the "decreasing"...like that this idea just keeps a positive aspect....

haku
10-06-2004, 19:33
Hmmm, well, i can't see the names, lol, i thought it was anonymous from the beginning. :D

I thought it was an incompatibility with my browser, but i tried 3 other browsers and it's the same thing, so i guess it's an incompatibility with my OS... Oh well. :D I still think it's fun, i just won't know who's doing what to me.

coolasfcuk
10-06-2004, 19:37
I thought it was an incompatibility with my browser, but i tried 3 other browsers and it's the same thing, so i guess it's an incompatibility with my OS... .
:no: are you using OS X ? I am right now, and I can see who rated me .. using Safari :D

haku
10-06-2004, 20:03
are you using OS X ? I am right now, and I can see who rated me .. using Safari
Yeah, OS X and Safari... :D So it's just *me*, lol. I'll try to reset my cookies or check my options later...

teeny
10-06-2004, 20:56
So it's just *me*, lol. I'll try to reset my cookies or check my options later...
LOL.. perhaps its a trouble with you and your golden name :heh: Like with having a golden name gives you less privilages in some areas. :lady:

Kate
10-06-2004, 21:26
"You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later."

And look who's been spreadin' the loooove around!! Me!! :gigi: So, basically, all you have to do is rate 10 people per day or less. So, I made 10 different people happy. :D

Edit: haku we can see who gave us the points now. Igor fixed the bug. :D

teeny
10-06-2004, 21:50
Edit: haku we can see who gave us the points now. Igor fixed the bug
LMAO - I was right? :lol:
Sorry :lalala:

Kate
10-06-2004, 21:51
teeny, sorry... am I missing something? :ithink:

rosh
10-06-2004, 21:53
kate : teeny had a theory that all honourable members probably couldnt see who assigned points to them, and when you said to haku the bug was fixed , it meant teenys joke was actually true, she hit the nail on the head :D

teeny
10-06-2004, 21:53
Like with having a golden name gives you less privilages in some areas.

teeny, sorry... am I missing something?
Depends if the trouble was in the team tatysite member area only

mir
10-06-2004, 21:54
well, i don't know who thought this up, but,
i sure can say i dont like it a bit.
I really dont care what others think of of me
without telling it me straight face to face.
that was one of the main reasons I liked to be around on this forum
if ppl like me or not is their bussines
and if they want to show it then they can either say it or shut up.
so to all ppl

ik ya have an opinion about me say it dont rate it!

Kate
10-06-2004, 21:56
I see. Well, good for you, teeny.

haku
10-06-2004, 22:11
haku we can see who gave us the points now. Igor fixed the bug.
Thanks! :) *goes to look*

Yeah, i can see them now. :D Thanks Igor for fixing the problem. :rose:
Well, at least it made teeny laugh so that was not all bad. ;)

Funny, i had guessed right for some of the names just because of what post they liked, and i was totally wrong for some others. :D
Ooh, and now i know who decreased my points this morning. :nunu: :gigi:

teeny
10-06-2004, 22:23
Well, at least it made teeny laugh so that was not all bad
I laughed a lot :o :lalala: It was a little too ironic..

Glad you can tell who gives points though. Cos thats the feature I love when it comes down to the system. Wouldn't like being in the dark at all.

goku
11-06-2004, 02:14
Alright, thanks katbeidar and teeny. Now it conveniently says how many points just by holding the cursor over a coloured dot (it didn't always do that did it? :p ). And I agree with both of you, but mainly with Kate, in that use it if you want to give someone a little reward for being helpfull or making interesting posts. Sure, most of us gave credit before to good posts, but now that person can get a little extra something for their behavior.

Two questions though:
1. Are points moderated? (i.e. do admins check for suspicous activity like giving yourself 20 points or having a friend give you lots of points for no reason)

2. If you lower someone's reputation, can they see your name? (this may be bad because someone may want to take action against something serious, but not want to appear to be "the bad guy" by having their alias all over point reductions [witness protection :p ]

haku
11-06-2004, 02:19
I don't know if points are moderated, but it's impossible to give points to yourself.

And yes, when someone decrease your reputation, you can see their name. :D Someone decreased mine, and i know who it is.

QueenBee
11-06-2004, 02:28
like giving yourself 20 points
Oooo! *Gets an idea* :gigi:

Someone decreased mine, and i know who it is.
Sorry :p

teeny
11-06-2004, 08:43
Oooo! *Gets an idea*but it's impossible to give points to yourself.
There goes that idea, eh? :heh:

And I agree with both of you, but mainly with Kate
I can agree with the giving eachother points side to it. But as for removing points I don't see the idea. From my point of view there is no reason to do so. When is it to be used anyway.. if people disagree in a opinion? That can't be it, cos it's an opinion. If a member gets personal doing a discussion and therefor isn't supporting fairplay? Well I hope thats what we have mods for.

Think it always said how many points you have, goku :heh: At least I don't remember it not saying that.. :lalala:

Kate
11-06-2004, 08:45
teeny, I can mention the idea about removing the part that removes the points in the Reputation System to Igor, if you want. He always appretiates feedback. :D

teeny
11-06-2004, 08:49
I would like that. I said it a few pages ago too, but could be that it was overlooked. So thanks

Kate
11-06-2004, 08:52
teeny, I wanted to mention it earlier today, but I forgot... my stupid memory... :gigi: No worries, I'm writing a post on the Russian forum right now...

Ann t..A.T.u.
11-06-2004, 12:40
hmmm seems like a big popularity contest to me :bebebe:

madeldoe
11-06-2004, 21:35
hmm..is it possible to view other peoples points?

Kate
11-06-2004, 22:31
nataku, yep. Just roll your mouse pointer over the greent "stone" near the post count on the top left hand corner of the post of a person whose points you want to find out. It'll say, for example: "katbeidar is on a distinguished roard | 39". :)

madeldoe
11-06-2004, 22:42
ahh thanks for explaining ms.kate :)

Kate
12-06-2004, 23:58
Umm, if you go to "Members List (http://forum.tatysite.net/memberlist.php?)", you'll find that you can now sort the members by their reputation. Just though you might want to know about this new feature. :)

QueenBee
13-06-2004, 00:08
"Katbeidar will become famous soon enough". :rose:
Hehehe, this is pretty fun *Enjoying this*
Now... I shall spread some love around. *Woosh*

Kate
13-06-2004, 00:33
QueenBee, to be honest, I was quite surprised by some people who gave me credits... :D

Thanks to all of you! :rose:

:gigi:

denial
13-06-2004, 04:21
Kate, congratulation and well done .. :) .. you are at the top now .. hmm .. I gave you the reputation because I like that Yulia Savhiceva (http://forum.tatysite.net/showthread.php?t=7463) thread ...thank you .. well I haven't get the Proshai Moya Lyubov- farewell my love's translation ... it would be neat to have everything translated ..

so I guess removing the "decrease" function is NOT a good idea.

Btw, technical question, Kate you have that 'golden' name, can you still be in "invisible" mode?

Kate
13-06-2004, 04:40
denial, Btw, technical question, Kate you have that 'golden' name, can you still be in "invisible" mode?

Of course. I just though that I'll show off my golden nick. :gigi: :lalala:

denial, if you have the Russian lyrics of "Proschai, moya lyubov", will you please Pm them to me? Then I'll translate them straight away. :D

denial
13-06-2004, 04:47
denial,

Of course. I just though that I'll show off my golden nick. :gigi: :lalala:

ahh . I see .. lol .. you are so sincere.. and cute ..... hehehe..

denial, if you have the Russian lyrics of "Proschai, moya lyubov", will you please Pm them to me? Then I'll translate them straight away. :D

well ... so there where the problem is .. I can't write down the russian song I heard .. ( I wish I could ) so I'm very dependent to other who could do that for me .. which even worst .. I also cannot translate the song using my online translator ..

Kate
13-06-2004, 04:50
denial, OK. I'll translate the song today. Gimme a few hours and you'll have Russian and English lyrics...

denial
13-06-2004, 04:54
Kate ... thank you ... wish I could give you more reputation ... but how .. it doesnt allowed me now .. *sigh* ..

..umm..maybe suggest to Igor that reputation can also be given to same person when its on different thread ?

Kate
13-06-2004, 05:09
denial, http://forum.tatysite.net/showpost.php?p=182510&postcount=13

Never mind the reputation. Give it to me later, I don't mind. :heh: :rose:

denial
13-06-2004, 05:35
Kate .. thank you .. really from the deepest of my heart .. I just went for shower and now its already there .. I don't know how to thank you more .. ::head down::

Kate
13-06-2004, 05:49
denial, no need to thank me. Look at it this way - you helped me find a reason to practice my English skills in translation. :D

denial
13-06-2004, 05:56
Kate .... I know that reason too .. but still .. it meant a lot to me .. ::tears came from now where::::

Kate
13-06-2004, 06:02
"gives denial a big hug* aghm... we are going a bit offtopic. :p Please, don't be sad. Anyway, let's just stay on topic, don't want Igor to be mad at us for breaking the rules. :heh:

denial
13-06-2004, 06:25
okay ....*nods nods* .. *sniff sniff*

haku
14-06-2004, 18:51
I have a question. :)

In the User CP we can see who gave us rep points and at the beginning of each line there is a little "stone", but what are the meanings of the different colors?
I've guessed that the stone is green when someone is giving you points, but what does it mean when it's grey? And what color is it when someone is decreasing your points?

Kate
14-06-2004, 23:13
haku, when the stone is gray, it means that someone has given or take away non of your points. That is the person who was increasing/decreasing your reputation has a power of giving/taking away 0 points. :D Hope you understand, it was hard to explain. My English's a bit rusty in the morning.

haku
15-06-2004, 19:29
Hope you understand, it was hard to explain.
No problem, it was perfectly clear. :D Thanks. :rose:

teeny
17-06-2004, 13:08
That is the person who was increasing/decreasing your reputation has a power of giving/taking away 0 points.Makes me wonder about one thing.. what members has the "power" of giving no points, and do they know this before they start playing?
Are some members worth more than other members? :spy:

haku
17-06-2004, 15:37
what members has the "power" of giving no points
Members who just registered or/and have 0 posts can't give or take points to another member. I've had two people like that since the beginning of the system, but i'm still glad they told me they liked my post. :)
The longer you've been on the forum and the higher your post count is, the more points you can give or take to another member.

Since you've been here since january 2003 and have over 3k posts, you are actually one of the most powerful members.

rosh
17-06-2004, 15:52
thanks for the explanation haku !

was wondering why points werent incrementing by a logical number ... now i know :)

madeldoe
17-06-2004, 17:22
aww..well thats too bad for me and my measly 800 posts :(

teeny
17-06-2004, 17:55
Since you've been here since january 2003 and have over 3k posts, you are actually one of the most powerful members.
So I have the power but don't use it? :D
ms. nataku, wish I could give you my power, cos I have no intention of using it anyway :lalala:

Thank you for the explanation, haku :done:

Kate
17-06-2004, 20:10
Your powerer increases like so:

+1 point for every 1000 posts

+1 point for every year on the forum

+1 point for every 100 reputation points :)

teeny
17-06-2004, 20:24
and power starts at 0 or 1?
So lets say ms. nataku for example, she will have to post 200 posts or wait 2 months before having any power? Or does she just have a little right now?

And a posting nonsense member like me, I have 3 points for doing just that? and 1 more for doing it for more than one year? :p
I donnu.. the system don't really seem newbie friendly at all. It'll devide the members into two groups I think. Not that we weren't partly two groups already, but now we hand out points to eachother because of it.

Thank you for the explanation though, kate :rose: It's nice to know more about the rules at least

Kate
17-06-2004, 20:54
teeny, power starts at 0. So, Nataku will have to either wait or post...

And a posting nonsense member like me, I have 3 points for doing just that? and 1 more for doing it for more than one year?
Yep. :gigi:

haku
17-06-2004, 20:55
power starts at 0. So, Nataku will have to either wait or post...
Or get points from other members for her contributions since you get 1 more point with each 100 given by others.

And a posting nonsense member like me, I have 3 points for doing just that? and 1 more for doing it for more than one year?
That's precisely why this system is interesting.

Take Miss Nataku for example, she makes lovely wallpapers. Other members are going to give her points for creating those wallpapers, even if she has less than a thousand posts and less than a year of membership, she could end up having more power than someone who has been there for over a year and has thousands of posts.

This system is actually fairer than any other system, because even a recent member with a few hundred posts that a lot of people have liked can end up with more power than an old member who has made thousands of uninteresting posts. :)

teeny
17-06-2004, 21:04
but a LOT of members will have to like ones posts and be willing to give them 1/10 of the days love and respect. And then after having all that love presented to one person they will get 1 point.. 1 point.
Not saying that it should be more points. I'm just saying that fairness seems to be up for discussion. Why is it more fair that I have 4 points and ms nataku has no points because she choose her posts with wisdom?

madeldoe
17-06-2004, 21:10
lol so wait..no wim very confuzzled..lol *sowwie* so im not able to give as much points to others based on my number of posts and join date? or have i completely misinterpreted what has been said above?

teeny
17-06-2004, 21:14
lol so wait..no wim very confuzzled..lol *sowwie* so im not able to give as much points to others based on my number of posts and join date? or have i completely misinterpreted what has been said above?
seems like it. Though you have got one thing wrong.. you're not able to give out any points at all it seems..

haku
17-06-2004, 21:20
I'm just saying that fairness seems to be up for discussion. Why is it more fair that I have 4 points and ms nataku has no points because she choose her posts with wisdom?
It seems unfair now only because the system has been working for a week or so, but look in the members list, some members with less than a thousand posts already have good amounts of points and that's only after *one* week.
In a few months, there will be members will low post counts who will have more points than people with high post counts, that's why i'm saying that this system is fairer than any other.
But of course it's going to take a few months for things to be put in place, not everything can happen in a week. :)

madeldoe
17-06-2004, 21:28
really? LOL aw well thats not fair.. *pouts* but i want to be able to express my appreciation of other peoples "posts" as well as anyone who has over 1,000 posts..hmmm

teeny
17-06-2004, 21:30
yeah but it'll still be the few top posting members that have the power for a long long time. And meanwhile some members will have to fight for their lifes if they want some of the "power". I mean if they actually want the power to begin with.
We are kind of being rewarded for posting in the threads at the general forum at the moment. I don't know if any other members feels like they deserve to be rewarded for posting in there, but I sure don't.
But I think it's more or less just a few that feels this way. Or some don't care either way.

edit:
really? LOL aw well thats not fair.. *pouts* but i want to be able to express my appreciation of other peoples "posts" as well as anyone who has over 1,000 posts..hmmm
Exactly. But as it is you can only give out 0 points. Sure it'll still be good to have, and should be the idea of the system I guess.. but in enters power points :(

haku
17-06-2004, 21:33
You can :) A few people at 0 points have left me a reputation message because of one of my posts they liked. It didn't give me any points, but i'm extremely glad they did.

madeldoe
17-06-2004, 21:38
lol but i want to express my appreciation in points..hehe jk i dont want to be anymore trouble, ill just wait till i get 1,000 points. :)

teeny
17-06-2004, 21:46
lol but i want to express my appreciation in points..hehe jk i dont want to be anymore trouble, ill just wait till i get 1,000 points.
but it's not trouble.. it's questioning the system :(

hey: can ms. nataku have my points? and I don't mean by me giving her puny 4 points, but hand her over my in any way unwanted power? :D

haku
17-06-2004, 22:02
lol but i want to express my appreciation in points..hehe jk i dont want to be anymore trouble, ill just wait till i get 1,000 points. :)
Miss Nataku, in 2 months you'll get 1 power point for a year of membership, you'll get another power point soon for your first thousand posts, and finally, a lot of people appreciate you and i'm sure you'll reach the 100 points of reputation in a few weeks (you received about 20 in a week) which will give you another power point.
So, very soon, you'll have 3 power points :) which is only 1 less than a heavy poster like teeny or myself.

teeny
17-06-2004, 22:13
So, very soon, you'll have 3 power points
You're a lucky girl, ms. nataku.. had you noticed the board later you would only have 2 points :heh: in the future that is

Kate
17-06-2004, 22:28
It seems unfair now only because the system has been working for a week or so, but look in the members list, some members with less than a thousand posts already have good amounts of points and that's only after *one* week.
In a few months, there will be members will low post counts who will have more points than people with high post counts, that's why i'm saying that this system is fairer than any other.
But of course it's going to take a few months for things to be put in place, not everything can happen in a week.

And that's also why it is important that EVERYONE takes part in the reputaction system and makes sure that people who deserve to be "powerful" actually get there. I must say that people who we think are more powerful now have more posts, so logically they will give out reputation more easily to other members. Soon, it'll all be in equilibrium. But you must take part!!

nataku, I think that when you give out repuation, even thoguh it doesn't increase one's points, it makes the person more willing to give YOU reputation. See where I'm going? So, even though you may not be giving any points, the people who recieve your appretiation will give you points and thus your power will increase. :done:

madeldoe
17-06-2004, 22:38
lol yes yes, i see. thanks for the explanations :)

teeny
17-06-2004, 22:40
And that's also why it is important that EVERYONE takes part in the reputaction systemnice try :) But I wont the participate. And to hand out points to people so that they more willingly will give oneself more points later? Come on.. that is more like making someone else feel good because it will end up making me feel good. And that can be done without anything called power involved.
If the reasons for handing out points are private, then why is the reputation system out in the open. Can't there be no points and no listing in public who has how many points? If it's all about giving true credit to eachother then there should be no reason to involve bonus and points.

And lets say all play in for a long time. Then a new member arrives. New member has low post count , nothing to contribute with, and date for joining no reason to give any power. Will the member feel at home or like an alien, when the points are out in the open?

crni
17-06-2004, 22:41
And lets say all play in for a long time. Then a new member arrives. New member has low post count , nothing to contribute with, and date for joining no reason to give any power. Will the member feel at home or like an alien, when the points are out in the open?
wow, when you put it like that, sounds rather tragic... :none:

Kate
17-06-2004, 22:53
teeny, And to hand out points to people so that they more willingly will give oneself more points later? Come on.. that is more like making someone else feel good because it will end up making me feel good. And that can be done without anything called power involved.
You are misinterpreting the whole thing on purpose. Everyone individual has his/her own standards as to whome they give out points to. I, for example, give out points when I see a person being an active part of the community (like, creating an interesting thread, helping out in the "Daily Troubles" thread, translating, sharing mp3s etc) as well as being generally nice. But, Igor for example doesn't give out many points. You have to really impress him with your goodness to get him to give you points. :heh: Other people might give out reputation just because someone made them laugh, or made them cry or inspired them and so on.
If the reasons for handing out points are private, then why is the reputation system out in the open. Can't there be no points and no listing in public who has how many points? If it's all about giving true credit to eachother then there should be no reason to involve bonus and points.
I think there's a reason we can see other people's points, and that is to urge us to get more points by participating in the community. I don't see anything wrong with that. Don't you want to see more interesting threads on this forum? More people posting, sharing, caring, helping?
First of all, every newbie gets 10 reputation points to start with. It's almost the same thing at any forum when you just registered, you just have to get involved. Do you feel jeopardised by large post numbers, moderator and administrator statuses when you register at a forum? No. You just have to work hard to get where everyone else got.

haku
17-06-2004, 22:56
It's no different than the post count or the join date. When you're a newbie and are surrounded by members who have been there for over a year, all know each other, have thousands of posts, and continue to generate dozens of posts everyday, it *is* intimidating, no matter what.

teeny
17-06-2004, 23:06
I think there's a reason we can see other people's points, and that is to urge us to get more points by participating in the community. I don't see anything wrong with that.
But imagine being giving bad credit all the time, and finding yourself at the bottom of the scale. Open point system makes it even worse. Listing members by reputation number even worse. I would dislike that a lot.
Don't you want to see more interesting threads on this forum? More people posting, sharing, caring, helping?Do I see people doing that already and before introducing reputation system: Yes. Do I think some people actually create threads to gain more power: yes - do I support them by doing so? no. I participate by posting my opinion, and points are left by the door, cos respect is worth more.
First of all, every newbie gets 10 reputation points to start with. It's almost the same thing at any forum when you just registered, you just have to get involved
Oh well super.. it's been a week or so now and I have 43 points. Lucky me it's been steady for a while. I like that a lot. But in a few months or so people will have gained a lot of points. I can increase 10 people with 120 points a month (little less if it was 30 different people in a row). Thats a lot. So being a newbie with 10 points isn't that well off.
Do you feel jeopardised by large post numbers, moderator and administrator statuses when you register at a forum? Nowell actually I try to avoid getting into trouble with people with larger postnumbers. Cos that could mean getting into a lot of trouble in no time. But thats just me. And of couse I'm not used to be thinking about the reputation factor too.

edit:
It's no different than the post count or the join date. When you're a newbie and are surrounded by members who have been there for over a year, all know each other, have thousands of posts, and continue to generate dozens of posts everyday, it *is* intimidating, no matter what.And why make that even worse? I'm really glad that I joined when the forum was smaller. I had it fairly easy. I hope newbies has the best enviorement to post in. And don't see a reputation system as one of them. Actually I don't like that fact about some forums. The ones where member status grows as posts flow in. A member is just as good as any other and such a system doesn't support it

Kate
17-06-2004, 23:24
But imagine being giving bad credit all the time, and finding yourself at the bottom of the scale. Open point system makes it even worse. Listing members by reputation number even worse. I would dislike that a lot.
So far I didn't find any post that would make me decrease a member's reputation. Decreasing a person's reputation is the last resort, in my opinion. But look at the situation from another side: how much the forum members must all dislike a person to decrease his reputation. That just sends him a clear message that he doesn't belong here. Although, if you find that your reputation is being decreased by a particular person(s) as a means to bully you, then you have to report to Igor or me.
Do I see people doing that already and before introducing reputation system: Yes. Do I think some people actually create threads to gain more power: yes - do I support them by doing so? no. I participate by posting my opinion, and points are left by the door, cos respect is worth more.
Of course it wouldn't be nice if people start creating random thread like "Hey, my socks smell funny today" or "I've got this wierd rash on my *&^%" to gain on reputation, but if people find it easier to share a movie they want to see or a joke they found funny by knowing that people will appretiate it, then yes, I think it's a good thing.
Oh well super.. it's been a week or so now and I have 43 points. Lucky me it's been steady for a while. I like that a lot. But in a few months or so people will have gained a lot of points. I can increase 10 people with 120 points a month (little less if it was 30 different people in a row). Thats a lot. So being a newbie with 10 points isn't that well off.
No, no, no. Imagine a newbie joining us in a few month. Every active member on this forum will have closer to 1000 points. This mean that they'll have the power of giving about 10 points. So if a newbiew is liked, he'll get a lot of points and feel excepted.
well actually I try to avoid getting into trouble with people with larger postnumbers. Cos that could mean getting into a lot of trouble in no time. But thats just me. And of couse I'm not used to be thinking about the reputation factor too.
I think of it this way, when a newbie joins, he can know who is liked on this forum straight away. So when he/she get's into trouble, he/she will know where to look for help.
I'm really glad that I joined when the forum was smaller. I had it fairly easy. I hope newbies has the best enviorement to post in. And don't see a reputation system as one of them. Actually I don't like that fact about some forums. The ones where member status grows as posts flow in. A member is just as good as any other and such a system doesn't support it
You're just all against the reputation system. You refuse to see the good side of it. That's a pity. :(

EDIT: TatySite.net was always a large forum. The largest Tatu forum, in fact. Even when I joined it, it was already big. It's just that in December 2002 we were down, and lost our database, so it might appear as if we were new, but we weren't.

teeny
17-06-2004, 23:32
EDIT: TatySite.net was always a large forum. The largest Tatu forum, in fact. Even when I joined it, it was already big. It's just that in December 2002 we were down, and lost our database, so it might appear as if we were new, but we weren't.hence the word smaller :) Top posting members had fewer posts and all seemed fairly even.
You're just all against the reputation system. You refuse to see the good side of it. That's a pity.Yeah I am. And then again not. I do think that the possibility to give response in private is a good thing. I do not think that it's a good thing that it gives a member points. I don't like the idea of points. I don't like the idea of points being named power though it's just a word.
But all in all I am against the system that is correct. I also believe that I am as against this system as some are for the system. Perhaps for the same reasons even.

Veggie Delite
17-06-2004, 23:34
why does this rep. system bother you so much? try to have fun with it or just ignore it

teeny
17-06-2004, 23:37
why does this rep. system bother you so much?I listed a lot of reasons why :) And I am ignoring it as much as I possibly can. I don't post posts with the system in mind. I post in here because opinions and suggestions were allowed. And I believe they still are, so thats why I post in here still.

Kate
17-06-2004, 23:39
teeny, why do you take this system so seriouslty? Like Veggie said, just have fun with it. Collecting points can be like collecting stamps! :gigi: And giving points can be a way of letting a person know you appretiate his/her post. :heh:

teeny
17-06-2004, 23:45
Collecting points can be like collecting stamps!well.. I don't collect stamps either :lalala: I mean.. who is to tell if one stamp is worth more than another? :spy: kidding with that one
I'll stick to telling people instead. Thats the idea of a discussing forum I guess. :p

QueenBee
17-06-2004, 23:46
*Giggles* Collecting stamps :lol:

Veggie Delite
17-06-2004, 23:47
teeny, why do you take this system so seriouslty? Like Veggie said, just have fun with it. Collecting points can be like collecting stamps! :gigi:

yeah!

And giving points can be a way of letting a person know you appretiate his/her post.
i think this sums up it's purpose perfectly :)

teeny
18-06-2004, 13:20
You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

Who knew I could give too much reputation? Anyway I started to play along. I guess I'll get into trouble with my own club. I didn't give credit to most of the people that gave me credit. Sorry bout that. I mostly gave power to the suppliers of ftp servers. And those whose contributions I appreciated a lot.

While looking for members to give points I noticed ogags "volkova" account being closed. Anyone know where he went? Did he get banned or change to another profile? :spy:

Veggie Delite
18-06-2004, 13:32
yo ho! welcome to the club :coctail:

ogag's on a vacation :)

teeny
18-06-2004, 13:37
yo ho! welcome to the clubWell not really happy to be a member. But thank you.

ogag's on a vacationBut still that don't explain account being closed for reputation points? :spy:

haku
21-06-2004, 20:19
but i want to express my appreciation in points..hehe jk i dont want to be anymore trouble, ill just wait till i get 1,000 points.
I am now *sure* that you can give points to other members despite the fact that you have less than a year of membership and less than a thousand posts. :)

Earlier today, a member who joined at about the same time as you and has about 800 posts has given me reputation and it has increased my rep by one point.

I know for a fact that new members with very few posts can't give points (i had two people like that with less than 10 posts), but obviously you do get your first "power" point before your first year and and your first thousand posts.
This also explains why a member with 3k posts (3 points) and over a year of membership (1 point) has actually 5 power points.

So rep away Miss nataku. :)

taty994945
21-06-2004, 21:37
was that member me: :laugh:

haku
21-06-2004, 21:48
was that member me
LOL, i said that member had about 800 posts. :rolleyes: You have more than 800 posts. Besides, wouldn't you know if you had given me rep? :laugh:

teeny
21-06-2004, 22:07
This also explains why a member with 3k posts (3 points) and over a year of membership (1 point) has actually 5 power points.
Yeah, noticed I had the power of 5 while playing along in the weekend :)

Nice to know that nataku can play like other members. Still think it's wierd that we aren't equal in the system. We should all have the same power no matter what, I think. Still can't see that old members should be worth more than others.

Anyway..
*returns to mission:impossible: downloading the new videofile*

forre
22-06-2004, 04:52
I just faced a funny situation here:

In one of the threads miss denial called another member for an idiot. Instead of placing a simple warning, I thought it was a better idea to decrease the reputation. I thought it was fair. Miss denial in her turn decreased my reputation with the motivation "she called me idiot everytime she post against me in public..not just idiot .. she said more crazy stupid .. etc etc .. so this only my first time I called her idiot...ok?.. fine .. you love her so much..".

Cool way! I hope not many of you practice such methods.

Kate
22-06-2004, 04:58
forre, everyone will be upset if their reputation is decreased, whether they realise they deserve it or now. That's why I was thinking of maybe asking Igor to make the reputation decreasing annonymous? Because sometimes people will be faced with a situation of decreasing a reputation of their friend, which puts them in a position to chose between friendship and what they think is the right thing to do...

The repuation system has a long way to go to perfection. But with time we'll shape it to suit our particular community needs. :done:

forre
22-06-2004, 05:01
Not that I care so much about my own reputation but I don't think it's a good idea to decrease/increase the reputation just like that. It got to be for something. Not on the level of some personal dislike. In this case the system becomes a bit rediculous. Well ... nothing is perfect in this world. ;)

nath
22-06-2004, 05:15
forre, everyone will be upset if their reputation is decreased, whether they realise they deserve it or now. That's why I was thinking of maybe asking Igor to make the reputation decreasing annonymous?
I'm not sure it's a good thing to make the reputation decreasing anonymous Kate ....
1/Because people have to assume theirs acts: if they decrease , it's their right , but they have
to recognize that they have made it and be able to explain why...
2/Because if you see your points decreased and : you don't know Why and by Who.....
I think , there, you become really upset and it doesn't make you think and improve because you don't know what was wrong with you ..... :rolleyes:

haku
22-06-2004, 05:15
Maybe administrators and moderators should have a special status that makes it impossible for regular members to decrease their points?
It seems a good idea that moderators use the point system to warn a member that they have done something wrong, but of course regular members should not be able to retaliate on moderators.

Kate
22-06-2004, 05:56
sunwalk, that's exactly what I was thinking. This problem has two approaches, and either solution loses out on something...

I think haku has a good point about mods and admins being the only people who should be able to decrease points. If a member has a problem with that, then he can complain. I suppose. Aaaahh, I don't know any more. :bebebe: Stupid system.

rosh
22-06-2004, 08:16
mmm im starting to wonder if we are losing sight of the reason we post to the forum, and not perhaps getting too wrapped up in giving or taking reputation ... i can see how this is all going to become very personal to some people. and perhaps its becoming a bit too competitive. its almost similar to being in school again except here we get to choose whether we want to give or take reputation from people.

just my opinion. i think the system does have its merits, i just dont want to see it become the focus of tatysite.net :(

Kate
22-06-2004, 08:23
rosh, I'm pretty sure that this repuation system won't become the focus on TatySite.net. It's just that it's new right now, and people are all excited and are trying to get their heads around it.

I was giving a bit of thought to the taking away of reputation... maybe we should avoid it? There's no nead to take reputation away if a person swore, or was a bit rude. I personally think that the taking away of reputation should be reserved for deliberate trouble maker. Remember like I was? Yeah, so anyway, I am not like that anymore, but you get the picture.

rosh
22-06-2004, 08:26
maybe the only people who should be able to take reputation away should be mods and admins, in conjunction with warnings and stuff like that ? or what does anyone think ? i mean the rest of us could still either post our annoyance [politely] with someone or send them a pm ... just a thought ...

teeny
22-06-2004, 10:05
here I go again.

1:
Instead of placing a simple warning, I thought it was a better idea to decrease the reputation. I thought it was fair.I was really really close to doing the very same thing. I could have taken things in my own hands and given out bad reputation for posting posts that only made things worse in there. And some in other posts too. Then I figured: If I gave bad credit it would hit really hard (-5), and would end up making things worse.
I could have went for report bad thread. But then I would be to decide who should be the bad person in the discussion, and wouldn't want that either.
Ended up heading for the PM. Sorry that the solution ended up giving bad credit to you forre, for doing what you were asked to do in the first place.

2:
That's why I was thinking of maybe asking Igor to make the reputation decreasing annonymous?I can live with ignoring the system. But for this one: NO F. WAY. You already said in an earlier post that if people think bad credit is unfair they are allowed to complain to igor or so. Making the system anonymous would make that solution impossible to practise. And sure bad credit is a bad thing to get, which is one of the reasons I don't like bad credit system. If anything warnings could be private instead, and the system be closed down.

3:
I was giving a bit of thought to the taking away of reputation... maybe we should avoid it? There's no nead to take reputation away if a person swore, or was a bit rude.Said so long time ago. There is no way we can make sure people will use it for the right reasons. And in my mind the idiot post was only headed for even more trouble. Which would make the thread a trouble thread. Would bad credit be fair then? and if it was then why give bad credit in return? And if the system is for fun in the first place why be mad in case of bad credit?
Seems like people do take it serious after all. Though saying that it's only for fun.

denial
22-06-2004, 13:35
I just faced a funny situation here:

In one of the threads miss denial called another member for an idiot. Instead of placing a simple warning, I thought it was a better idea to decrease the reputation. I thought it was fair. Miss denial in her turn decreased my reputation with the motivation "she called me idiot everytime she post against me in public..not just idiot .. she said more crazy stupid .. etc etc .. so this only my first time I called her idiot...ok?.. fine .. you love her so much..".

Forre, I wasn't really upset when you decreased my reputation.. but I would be after this.. what was reduced from me was those free points I get .. and I'm out of it.. what left now IS what my friends gave me .. please no one touched that anymore.... not that it meant "a reputation" for me .. its more like a token of friendship .. and I do care about each..

This is what Forre said to me when she decreased me...
"We don't call anyone "idiots" here. Ok?"

So.. is this true? How come you just let her called me idiot so many times .. and no one do anything about it .. well I ignored .. sure .. but doesn't mean I didn't ask why no moderators taking action on this... it looked rude to me .. but ..well I thought this is allowed .. and so ..now... suddenly .. ? ... so that was why you lost your reputation there Forre .. sorry .. I just don't like confrontation... expecially with you ... you are a big girl too ...

Cool way! I hope not many of you practice such methods.
..and this meant for you too .. I guess...

So you have anything to say about this .. please do .. I'm all yours now ..

-denial

---------------

btw, .. hi all *waves* .. :D .. I'm on vacation actually .. was just curious if I have to face this .. but looks like I do .. LoL ..

forre
22-06-2004, 13:44
Forre, I wasn't really upset when you decreased my reputation.. but I would be after this.. what was reduced from me was those free points I get .. and I'm out of it.. what left now IS what my friends gave me .. please no one touched that anymore.... not that it meant "a reputation" for me .. its more like a token of friendship .. and I do care about each..

This is what Forre said to me when she decreased me...
"We don't call anyone "idiots" here. Ok?"

So.. is this true? How come you just let her called me idiot so many times .. and no one do anything about it .. well I ignored .. sure .. but doesn't mean I didn't ask why no moderators taking action on this... it looked rude to me .. but ..well I thought this is allowed .. and so ..now... suddenly .. ? ... so that was why you lost your reputation there Forre .. sorry .. I just don't like confrontation... expecially with you ... you are a big girl too ...

..and this meant for you too .. I guess...

So you have anything to say about this .. please do .. I'm all yours now ..

-denial

---------------

btw, .. hi all *waves* .. :D .. I'm on vacation actually .. was just curious if I have to face this .. but looks like I do .. LoL ..

Apparently if the system allowed to add/remove the points, so it doesn't work only in one direction. We see the system differently. I personally don't expect any points from my friends and more than that, the number of points doesn't display the what frienship means for me.

I didn't see anyone called you an idiot. If you accepted it, so be it, if not you are welcome to complain as this place is not meant for insulting each other.

You got your ponts back. A warning, insted. Just like before. Fair enough.

Happy vacation! :)

P.S. No one still got any idea why you decresed the points in the first place. Got upset? Please, try to grow up.

denial
22-06-2004, 13:58
Apparently if the system allowed to add/remove the points, so it doesn't work only in one direction. We see the system differently. I personally don't expect any points from my friends and more than that, the number of points doesn't display the what frienship means for me.
yep .. we see it differently then ..

I didn't see anyone called you an idiot. If you accepted it, so be it, if not you are welcome to complain as this place is not meant for insulting each other.
well I don't know .. many people saw it .. maybe you didn't .... okay..

You got your ponts back. A warning, insted. Just like before. Fair enough.
doesn't matter to me .. I appreaciate what my friends gave me .. because I know they took time to click the green + there ... with thier heart and write a little notes for me... you see .. its a different thing ..

Happy vacation! :)

I don't really judge the system .. its okay .. I guess .. the way you want to practice it.. I think its a good thing too.. and I meant it .. ... well I just chose to be on vacation :rolleyes: .. just to avoid more confrontations.. I've already lost to myself there...

okay .. take care :rose: ..

-denial

denial
22-06-2004, 14:04
edited:

P.S. No one still got any idea why you decresed the points in the first place.
decrease your point? well because I thought its UNFAIR of you to point/identified me for calling her idiot .. but never do anything when she called me idiots .. I could say more .. but I guess this is enough.

Got upset? Please, try to grow up.
I was just being myself .. I wasn't pretending to be smart or anything I'm not .. what's wrong with that?

teeny
22-06-2004, 14:05
The rep points shouldn't function as a sign of friendship. There is a friend list for that. Not that I've seen that one in use either. If people need points to be sure that a friendship is true, then sorry for not providing many of those. And even more sorry that I refuse to make up for it.

edit:
but never do anything when she called me idiots .. I could say more .. but I guess this is enough.Difference is that the system wasn't there in those cases. And it should have been pointed out when it happened, I guess.. no idea if you did though :(

forre
22-06-2004, 14:09
denial, Unfair? It's more fair to decrease the reputation than such demonstrations of being yourself will cause you leaving the forum. Who does want this? I don't! Anyway, 1 warning is placed and the points will be restored as soon as the system allows that.

denial
22-06-2004, 14:10
The rep points shouldn't function as a sign of friendship. There is a friend list for that. Not that I've seen that one in use either. If people need points to be sure that a friendship is true, then sorry for not providing many of those. And even more sorry that I refuse to make up for it.

why? are you surprised of what you just heard from me? how I take the point?

I told you earlier in this thread.. I am competitive to .. but for different reason ..... it just me okay .. I took life the way I want it .. you can apply any system to me .. but I chose to live it by my way .. my reason...

denial
22-06-2004, 14:16
denial, Unfair? It's more fair to decrease the reputation than such demonstrations of being yourself will cause you leaving the forum. Who does want this? I don't! Anyway, 1 warning is placed and the points will be restored as soon as the system allows that.

wait .. let me think again ... okay .. you see it differently . let me try to see it the way you do .. so okay...

Forre.. listen .. I accepted you to decrease my point . I wasn't complaining about it... don't have to put it back on. Let it there ..

What I am doing here is to explained to you why I decreased your point .. it was not act of revenge .. it was because I think you were acting unfair to me .. hmm .. how do I explain .. *sigh* ... well .. okay I just leave it this way .. I do have this mind work I can't explain .. sorry ..

forre
22-06-2004, 14:22
denial, I can't give both 1 warning and take the points. Since the points are more important for you, then they'll be given back. We can't let people calling each other "idiots". We are trying to improve this place.

As for darje, she is improving too. It was worse before. So people attack her easily now because of the "old times".

teeny
22-06-2004, 14:23
why? are you surprised of what you just heard from me? how I take the point? More surprised that you were one of the first ones in here to give me points because it was "fun", and then you go give forre bad rep because she used the system the way I think it was intended to be used in the first place.

denial
22-06-2004, 14:28
Forre .. it was really bad of me . I know .. I can take both .. actually .. I know I deserved it.. I was really rude .. I admit it .. :D ..don't feel bad for me .. cheers.. sorry for taking your point .. for you :rose:

As for Darje, I leave it to you now .. I've done what necessary I guess ..

take care .. :)

-denial

denial
22-06-2004, 14:30
More surprised that you were one of the first ones in here to give me points because it was "fun", and then you go give forre bad rep because she used the system the way I think it was intended to be used in the first place.

pssst .. because I always adore her teeny ... I want her to noticed something okay ..nothing to do with bad reputation .. :)

haku
22-06-2004, 14:36
mods and admins being the only people who should be able to decrease points.
That would probably be the best solution to avoid that kind of "you take me points, i take you points" thing.

The decrease of points should be totally disabled for regular members, only increase should be allowed.

Only moderators should have the possibility to decrease points as a way of warning people for bad behavior.

teeny
22-06-2004, 14:47
too lazy to say it again.. think I said it enough already.

I'm worried not for getting low points, but for people to give out bad points for stupid reasons.
It's not the system vs. me I'm concerned about is people useing it for revenge and private matters.
If I was to give bad credit your post would get a bad point cos I don't really like the argument being given.

So yes, Igor, from that point of view removing the bad credit part would be a good thing. The good credit will mean what it means. Everyone seems to enjoy handing out credits anyway so go ahead. I just won't contribute and that shouldn't mean anything.

And thats all I have to say about that

denial
22-06-2004, 14:59
Why you so bothered Teeny .. this actually between me and Forre, and I didn't expected it to be discussed here .. thought maybe Forre would PM me or something .. well maybe this also an interesting case to study .. we did many testing with the system .. don't be against it .. calm down .. its a cool programming tingy .. just play along ..

oh .. not to mention the other girl who reduced my reputation point there too .. doesn't hurt at all .. cause I reduced her back .. but it was sweet .. LoL .. right U?? *squinting eyes* ... but I'll miss you too .. :D

urrg .. do I really have to go vacation? LoL

haku
22-06-2004, 15:05
too lazy to say it again.. think I said it enough already.
Yeah, you were right. I didn't think people would behave like that, especially not old members. :(

That being said, it's the only incident since the beginning of the system, it's not that bad.

What annoys me is that this argument started in a thread about a *fanfic*, i mean wtf? With all the real problems in the world people argue about a *fanfic*, geez. :rolleyes:

denial
22-06-2004, 15:16
[deleted]

I changed my mind ... this is serious ...

teeny
22-06-2004, 15:20
Yeah, you were right. I didn't think people would behave like that, especially not old members.:lalala: Well, expect the worst from people. And be surprised if it turns out to be untrue, I guess.
This being the only incident is a good thing yes. But the system is new and sooner or later more episodes will occur. Should we wait for them to start or plan ahead? It's good thing it started before any real power was involved. The system has rules, but they are so easy to bend in any direction I guess. And who is to say if anything is wrong while doing so.

And yeah it started in a fanfic.. weird. But seems like trouble has surfaced for some time and guess it was only a matter of time.

forre
22-06-2004, 15:22
denial, take it easy on your vacation. We don't want to see you ending up at the police station as you seem to be on the path of war - mood. ;)

We'll see what will work better with this new system. There's a suggestion to switch off decrease of reputation.

I would suggest to leave it for admins, mods and h-members. What do you all think about it?

Veggie Delite
22-06-2004, 15:23
uhm... deleted :rolleyes:

denial
22-06-2004, 15:24
$in delete that!!!

edited:
okay .. just let it there .. it be some sweet memory :D

edited 2:
*slaps own forehead* .. duh! ... this is okay .. my fault ..

teeny
22-06-2004, 15:30
I would suggest to leave it for admins, mods and h-members. What do you all think about it?No offense to h-members, but I would say admins and mods only. They are the ones that can give out warnings in the first place. And since bad rep is kinda going to be used for the same thing I would say similar rules then. Unless h-members can hand out warnings? :ithink:
In anycase I think something needs to be changed in the bad rep system for sure.

Veggie Delite
22-06-2004, 15:36
$in delete that!!!

edited:
okay .. just let it there .. it be some sweet memory :D

edited 2:
*slaps own forehead* .. duh! ... this is okay .. my fault ..

yah..!
*slaps denial's forehead too!*

so my point was... no sword pics if you continue being a pain in the where-the-sun-doesn't-shine!!! leave the poor mods alone... :gigi:

:kwink: :rose:

denial
22-06-2004, 15:40
okay .. will do .. :D

rosh
22-06-2004, 15:40
great, i do some work for a change and miss out on the fun and deleted posts :D

guys seriously ... chill out. its a forum, we are adults ... hopefully mature ones. our mods and admins will find a solution, but i agree, only mods and admins should decide, not h-members too ...

QueenBee
22-06-2004, 15:57
h-members
What are h-members? :confused:

I think the whole discussion is crazy. If you decrease a member's reputation (Hah, I actually wrote "population" in the beginning :rolleyes: ) I don't think it should be as revenge because they lowered yours, but because they have done something really bad/immature/whatever.

I missed the whole fight in the fanfic thread, but later Amino told me about it on msn and I logged onto Tatysite to check what was going on, thankfully forre had already saved the situation before it got too bad. :rose:

So let's not be immature here, people. We keep talking about problems about the reputation system, but forget to realise that it's our fault that there even are problems!

forre
22-06-2004, 16:03
QueenBee, Honorary members. :)

You sound like Mother Teresa sometimes, dear Queenie. Appreciated! We are trying to solve the current problem here. Praying for the losts is a good thing but it won't solve the problem. We are adults of course but all have bad days and not all of us are able to have a good control over own actions.

haku
22-06-2004, 16:04
What are h-members?
h-members are the ones in yellow, you have the list here:
http://forum.tatysite.net/showgroups.php?

Being one i obviously can't give my opinion. :)

rosh
22-06-2004, 16:14
Being one i obviously can't give my opinion. :)

i disagree. i feel everyone should be able to give their opinion, but that final decisions should lay with the members who moderate and administer the forum -- after theyve taken into account what members think and duly consulted amongst themselves about what the best course of action is when dealing with any given situation.

teeny
22-06-2004, 17:05
Being one i obviously can't give my opinion.
Sure you can. You can always give your opinions :) Otherwise being a h-member isn't a good thing if it limits you in any way. Go ahead, haku

QueenBee
22-06-2004, 17:27
You sound like Mother Teresa sometimes, dear Queenie.
:laugh: Thanks! I think... ;)

Thanks for the info about honorary members, Haku and Forre, I'm so late - didn't realise what they were until now. :)

So everything can't be perfect all the time, let's hope we work this out in a good way.

haku
22-06-2004, 17:55
rosh, teeny, when i said i couldn't give my opinion, i was talking specifically about the status of h-members. :)

I said earlier that in the light or recent events i think it's probably better to disable the decrease function for regular members and leave it only for mods and admins. As for h-members, that's not for me to decide.

All i can say is that i don't think any of the h-members would misuse the system. As far as i know, none of them has even used the decrease function yet, when "some" other members have used it just to pick at each other.
But i also understand why other members think that leaving this "power" to h-members would be unjustified and illegitimate.

teeny
22-06-2004, 18:10
actually I don't even know what h-members can do that normal members can't. Just figured giving out warnings wasn't a part of the honor. If it is one of the things now, then it should be included in case of a changed system, I think.

If the system is going to be exclusive for some members, which I think is a good idea, could bad rep amount be a constant factor regardless of who gives out the points? Especially if it's to be used as a minor warning system.
Cos if I was to report a post I thought might need a second look I would hesitate to get for instance, qb, to do it, cos she bad credit from her could make a lot of members hit zero really fast :laugh: And name only used to give an example. Anyway.. it shouldn't matter what member was contacted in case of bad rep.

forre
22-06-2004, 18:16
Bad reputation is a good tool instead of warnings. 3 warnings give a ban normally but 3 rep. decreases won't do the same but serve as indication that the attitudes or behaviour is not that popular. Clear cases like direct offence for instance. It's not that hard. Noramlly mods say "come on behave", etc. The rep. dec. shouldn't be given anonymously either or the fact hidden from another mods/members so the person won't get rep. dec. several times for one and the same thing as it happened with denial.

haku
22-06-2004, 18:25
Just figured giving out warnings wasn't a part of the honor.
No, h-members can't give warnings, and i don't think they should, it should remain the mods' prerogative.

actually I don't even know what h-members can do that normal members can't.
h-members have more power over the threads they have created (they can move them to another forum, close them, that kind of thing.)

teeny
22-06-2004, 18:49
h-members have more power over the threads they have created (they can move them to another forum, close them, that kind of thing.)

ahh.. cool.. thank you for clearing that up :kwink:

Kate
22-06-2004, 22:59
teeny, most of the honorary members have been since the beginning of "TatySite.net" time. You would't mind to recieve a warning from Echoed (who was a mod), haku (who is like our very own "next-door neighbor" guy) or me, will you? But then again, it's not like the situation in which I will see fit to decrease some's reputation will ever happen, cuz we are all sensible people here.

teeny
23-06-2004, 00:30
You would't mind to recieve a warning from Echoed (who was a mod), haku (who is like our very own "next-door neighbor" guy) or me, will you?Wouldn't mind being given a warning from a lot of people actually. But thats not the question. The question is who should be able to do so. And since warnings at the moment is restricted to mods and admins I think thats the way it should be. Unless mods are tired of mod job and would like more members to be handing out warnings (or bad reputation).
In case bad rep is to be used instead of warnings (seems like I said that a few times already hehe) it would be a good thing for those allowed to do so to tell to the other members who got the bad rep and why. If all give bad rep for the same situation it would be hitting hard. So figured the mod forum could be the place to post. And don't think h-members can go in there now? :ithink:

Actually I already stated my opinion in the matter a few times, so no need for me to repeat myself.

Kate
23-06-2004, 01:12
teeny, And since warnings at the moment is restricted to mods and admins Not exactly. Aghm.

nath
23-06-2004, 05:09
teeny, most of the honorary members have been since the beginning of "TatySite.net" time. You would't mind to recieve a warning from Echoed (who was a mod), haku (who is like our very own "next-door neighbor" guy) or me, will you? But then again, it's not like the situation in which I will see fit to decrease some's reputation will ever happen, cuz we are all sensible people here.
So Kate ..all the Golden Stars have the right to give Warnings to other members ?...was ityou were saying ?....So :confused: ...in such case, what is the different betwwen your "status" and the Mod's "status" , please?....just to understand...Thanks....

forre
23-06-2004, 05:30
Warnings can be given by mods and admins only. Rep. can be decreased by h-members too. Those are two different things. Mods can do lots of editing/moving, etc. H-members can perform those action in their own threads only. Why not to try the system and see if it works or not? Experiencia est optima magistra. ;)

Kate
23-06-2004, 06:10
sunwalk, Olga is right. I just help Igor with warnings and other stuff a lot, so I am an exception to the rules, if you will. Let's leave it at that. :heh: I don't mind if Igor decides to reserve the decreasing of reputation for mods and admins, partly because it's not like I'll even decrease anyone's reputation (so it doesn't make a difference whther I'm able to or not), and partly because I'm pretty sure Igor won't change the reputation sytem by giving the rights only to mods and admins.

To top it all off, every member on this forum has a right to give out warnings to their friends and stuff. In real life, do we have moderators? Do we need to go to a police office to ask them to ask your friend to avoid doing something bad? In my opinion everyone is equally qualified to give out warnings. We are a community, and mods are the same as every except that they can edit the threads. I used to appoint mods when I was an admin so they'll help me keep the forum clean. "Genitors" of a sort. :gigi: No offense.

nath
23-06-2004, 06:46
Thanks a lot for those explainations , Kate :)

teeny
23-06-2004, 08:46
and partly because I'm pretty sure Igor won't change the reputation sytem by giving the rights only to mods and admins.
Why even have it up for discussion then? :ithink: I mean getting hopes up for any kind of change at all seems pointless if it'll be disregarded in the end anyway. Wouldn't it be smarter to find out first what changes that can be done?

To top it all off, every member on this forum has a right to give out warnings to their friends and stuff
As it is right now? :spy: or as it should be? Do we also have the right to question a warning or a banning then? :D cos I would really like that..

Kate
23-06-2004, 09:44
teeny, we can discuss... there is no harm in that. Personally, I think it all comes down to us trusting each other's judgement, and if you suspect that somebody is bullying you by decreasing your points, you'll have to report it to one of the mods, or me so I can pass it on to Igor.

As I pointed out before, we should avoid decreasing a person's points if it is possible to express your opinion by sending a PM (aka warning) to the person you are concerned with.

teeny
23-06-2004, 10:00
to express your opinion by sending a PM (aka warning)Oh.. thought it was a "real" warning we were able to hand out :lalala:
And still not planning to use the bad rep option even if it stays in there.

Kate
23-06-2004, 10:07
teeny, I don't see the difference betwen a warning from a mod and a warning from a member... mods mostly give out warnings when they personally see fit. What keeps the members from doing the same thing? We can all make this community better if we all contribute a little.

teeny
23-06-2004, 10:21
get 3 mods warnings and you're out being the difference, I guess. Well in most cases anyway. Some are out with less warnings and other times it takes a lot more.
A PM can count as a warning to the person getting it. Being told they are argumenting or posting in the wrong way. And that can have some effect too, though it's up to the individual to change.

Kate
23-06-2004, 10:29
teeny, "three mod warnings" are just guidelines. The decision to ban someone is made by Igor, always has been like that, always will be.

Anyway, let's get back on topic.

TaTu^HeRo
01-07-2004, 20:25
Honorary Member.. hmmm did anyone reach this status yet :D

haku
01-07-2004, 20:36
Honorary Member.. hmmm did anyone reach this status yet
You haven't read the thread, have you? :p

Check the News and Annoucements forum (http://forum.tatysite.net/showthread.php?t=7445) and your questions will be answered. :)

TaTu^HeRo
01-07-2004, 21:10
Actually i didn't.. i can't read 10 pages back :p I always read the first post.. and the last.. that's a bad habit of mine :rolleyes:

:hah:So it is you they're talkin about Haku.. our evil honorary member :heh: nahhh kiddin.. but isn't there like an honorary rarely posting, and finds hard time to read the whole topic :laugh: that's me :lol:

The moderators and Igor are probably doin this now :no:

Kate
05-07-2004, 10:47
Hey, have you noticed that haku and I are not "on a distinguished road" anymore? We "will become famous soon enough". :gigi: :lol: That's so cute.

teeny
05-07-2004, 11:36
hit that road at 50 points even :heh:

How is the bad-repsystem plans turning out? Any news or are we waiting a while longer before anything changes?

Kate
05-07-2004, 22:25
teeny, it's not like anyone is effected by the bad reputation right now. I think people on this forum are pretty sensible, and no one is or will take the reputation with no good reason behind it. Don't worry! :heh:

teeny
05-07-2004, 22:33
well I just hope I don't have to say "told you so" ever. In this case I'll be really happy to be wrong.

Kate
05-07-2004, 22:37
teeny, everything will be fine. :coctail:

noki_the_cat
23-07-2004, 07:29
When life is getting you down: There is nothing like taking a round out on the old scratching post to sooth away any tension! It’s great to be a cat! (^_^) (teeny) :heh: joking!

Когда жизнь получает вас вниз: Ничего как принимать кругу вне на старом царапая столбе к sooth прочь любое напряжение! Оно больш быть котом! шутить (^_^) :heh: (teeny)!

teeny
23-07-2004, 09:13
It’s great to be a cat! (^_^) (teeny)Hey don't let the avy fool you.. I'm not a cat I'm a *thinking* tiger :lalala:

Kate
06-08-2004, 05:00
"katbeidar has a spectacular aura about" - that's what it says near my points now. :lol: Lol. Hehehehe.... :gigi:

Lux
06-08-2004, 06:02
kate- you are definitely better than the rest of us. especially those of us still beneath the 50 point mark. what can i say? you rock and we suck. :gigi:

Kate
06-08-2004, 06:12
Lux, you don't suck. You got me where I am. :D

rosh
06-08-2004, 16:18
kate -- you rool we drool :gigi:

Kate
06-08-2004, 21:21
rosh, thanks. :rose:

Kate
14-08-2004, 06:25
Um, I would like to remind people that reputation should ONLY be given out to people that deserve it, not because they are your friend, or because it's their birthday or because you are bored and decided to give away some reputation. (I might have given out reputation for the "wrong" reasons in the past, too. I'm not perfect. We all get impulses like "Oh, it's so nice to see this person, let me give him/her some reputation!". Lol.)

I've noticed that a lot of people who contribute A LOT to this forum are not getting the reputation they deserve, while people who don't do as much seem to be near the top. Even I get reputation for things that don't particularily deserve it. Don't get me wrong, I appretiate you guys treasuring me, but sometimes I feel that I don't deserve some reputation points that I get. (Don't you go decresing my repuation now! :gigi: )

Just though we should keep in mind that reputation points should be given to people that did something and DESERVED it. I hope it makes sense.

teeny
14-08-2004, 08:30
well in a way all people posting at the forum deserves credit I would say. It's kinda a little bit like Igor said about the forum being a house. Think most people living in the house deserves credit. Some more than others yeah, but where should the line be drawn?
I'm a bit surprised that people hoting the ftps don't have more reppoints yet. It's ftps we all used at some point. And for huge files at times.

Besides the system was all for good fun yeah? :heh: Soon it'll have been running a few months. Just about as long a time people said it would be running more perfect than in the beginning. We were told to give out as much credit as possible to make the system fair. Well, in a way mission completed. I still don't know how I ended up with 100 points but I will however do my best to make more people out run my position.
Already tried a few times to give credit to those really really deserving it, but message given by the system was that credits were to be spread around before crediting the same persons.

Yes, I'm using the system at the moment. From time to time. Still don't really think there is much point to it, but whatever.

Lux
15-08-2004, 08:08
i'll be the pot and you be the kettle. or you can be the pot. wow it's late. :none: i think the system is a popularity contest, and whoever wins the popular vote, having little to do with what they contribute to the forum, gets more points.

haku
15-08-2004, 14:49
I'm a bit surprised that people hoting the ftps don't have more reppoints yet.It's because those members don't post anymore, to give them points you have to dig out old posts, not a lot of people are willing to do that.

teeny
15-08-2004, 15:42
It's because those members don't post anymore, to give them points you have to dig out old posts, not a lot of people are willing to do that.
True enough. I did it though. At least the members I could remember on top of my head. 0newinged, mulder, johnbush and so on. A bit surprised on member hunting that a lot of the old contributing members had disappeared from the surface of tatysite. Actually seemed like a lot of them were banned. Reppoints certainly not possible to give :(

haku
15-08-2004, 15:58
A bit surprised on member hunting that a lot of the old contributing members had disappeared from the surface of tatysite.Well, a lot of members left after Anatomy, and another lot left after the failure of Podnebesnaya.
For a lot of members, the fact that Tatu was no longer active made them lose interest in the forum as well.

Unplugged
15-08-2004, 16:02
For a lot of members, the fact that Tatu was no longer active made them lose interest in the forum as well.
Yeah, exactly. Why do you have to suppose members who aren't here anymore were banned, teeny? :dknow: As far as we know, the ones Igor banned with a reason (as he explained) were xena225, Rob and Nike75... nobody else. The other ones left cause they lost interest, which is natural since tATu haven't done anything new or exciting since Eurovision.

teeny
15-08-2004, 16:29
beanie dude though? what was his nick again.. ogag or so, yeah? And then he changed nick. I couldn't credit either of the nicks I found during search.
Nope not talking about the German members this time. People leave the forum yeah, the profiles still remain though in most cases, and credit is still possible at most of them. Feels kinda weird that I want to credit members not here anymore, but most members contributed to me feeling like at home here. Feels akward to be rewarding the currently active members only, when I remember the less active members more.

Only suppose they are banned or deleted since credits are still possible at other inactive accounts. I shooting in the dark here.. I know. I guess it comes from me being paranoid about this subject.

Unplugged
15-08-2004, 16:32
I guess it comes from me being paranoid about this subject.

I agree :laugh: Sorry, but you are a little paranoid about this subject :heh: :p :kwink:

haku
15-08-2004, 16:39
beanie dude though? what was his nick again.. ogag or so, yeah?Ogag is banned, yeah, because he's a mod at tatu*us. All admins and mods from tatu*us and tatu*fatal are banned here. It was announced a long time ago, at the time of the forum wars.

teeny
15-08-2004, 16:40
Sorry, but you are a little paranoid about this subject
I know :gigi: It's strange, but I can't really help myself. One time when the forum was down for a few hours I was almost sure I had been kicked out of the forum :rolleyes: At least now I'm thinking it's just due to server troubles when not loading. So I did improve a little bit :gigi:

Unplugged
15-08-2004, 16:52
at the time of the forum wars
"In times of Forum Wars, Great Emperor Igor banned all foolish tatu.us from the TatySite.net Kingdom, for the ones who commit the crime of leeching holy exclusive material shall pay and be banned and doomed forever!" :bow: :D

Sorry, I just got a medieval inspiration. Please proceed. :p

teeny
15-08-2004, 16:56
Sorry, I just got a medieval inspiration. Please proceed.
:lol: well at least back then the countries would still end up living in peaceful times for a while. Danes wouldn't be able to visit most places if wars would go on forever and ever

Kate
15-08-2004, 21:18
staringelf, :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

Kate
18-10-2004, 23:41
Maybe it's just me, but three "little green stones" near the post count sure look wierd. :hmmm: Nevertheless, I appretiate you appretiating me. :D

teeny
18-10-2004, 23:44
the less the better actually :p

Kate
19-10-2004, 00:00
I was wondering, if some of us ever reach the 1000th reputation point, will the person have, like, 10 "little green stones" near his/her post count? That'll look ridiculous. :p There are just so many "little green stones" a sane person can tolerate.

haku
19-10-2004, 00:07
There are just so many "little green stones" a sane person can tolerate.Lol, maybe they change color... Like when you have 9 green stones, instead of getting a tenth green one, they are replaced by a purple one or something. :p

Kate
19-10-2004, 00:18
haku, 9 is still a lot of "little green stones". :gigi: Hopefully they'll start changing color by the 5th one.

teeny
19-10-2004, 09:58
then we will lose track of the colors aswell. And must be pretty bad to be stuck with a really awful color for 5 stones time :laugh:

Kate
19-10-2004, 10:16
teeny, true. Lol. I guess we'll have to wait and see. :D

teeny
19-10-2004, 10:22
yep.. it's the only thing to do at times, then again we could all provide you with reppoints to find out sooner :p

Kate
19-10-2004, 10:35
then again we could all provide you with reppoints to find out sooner Yeah, do that! :gigi:

teeny
20-10-2004, 14:18
Yeah, do that!Well I can't do it for sure, since I have to hand out rep to others first.. BUT.. we can do the degrade test and see if you go back to 2 stones again :laugh: Do you want the cooler looking two stones back? :spy:

Kate
20-10-2004, 21:43
teeny, no thanks. Lol. :D

Sean Jon
24-10-2005, 01:01
ok i noticed this "Rep Power" and for me it says I only have 1 but I have 93 points. Someone else as 2 rep points with 17 points... i dont get it?

forre
24-10-2005, 01:06
ok i noticed this "Rep Power" and for me it says I only have 1 but I have 93 points. Someone else as 2 rep points with 17 points... i dont get it?
Reputation power is based on your own reputation, status and number of posts you have. The more of those things you get, the more reputation power you have.

Sean Jon
24-10-2005, 01:09
The person I refered to:

Me:

the person has less than me in most things. How does it get them exactly?

forre
24-10-2005, 01:18
My guess will be number of years on this forum. Each whole year might give additional point.