PDA

View Full Version : Lena Katina Solo Project

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

robbie
27-03-2009, 10:31
I made a new thread about Lena's project.

What is going to happen to Lena?
Lena is starting her solo project with t.A.T.u.'s crew.
Yes, your arch-friend management in full team will now work not just for t.A.T.u. but for Lena also.
In the 20-s of April Lena, Renski, Sven, Troy, Steve and Domen are to meet in Los Angeles for pre-production.
Maybe they'll manage to record a clean copy of something.
Pre-production, for those who wasn't aware, means initial preparative procedures before recording. In our case, it's making demos, the base for future final things.
The project has already got its working name and Internet domain, but I will not give out this working name before it becomes official.
The site of the project is to be opened late in summer 2009.
What can I tell about the new project's music, for now: it will not be t.A.T.u., but a touch of tatuish spirit will certainly be still intact.
Sound will be live, main language - English (already foretasting a burst of criticism from Misterio for our abandoning the Russian language).
The first single/video is to be released in the second half of 2009 (it's impossible to tell more precisely).
Album - at the end of 2009 - beginning of 2010.

Thank you so much to all the fans who have being blogging about TATU and sending all their wishes and support.

You guys ROCK!

Don’t worry guys, its a new day and with a new fantastic project on the horizon, l’m really excited to start working in April with Lena & the rest of the guys in the band.

Hopefully we compose some great music together and finally get out and play some shows all around the world!

fanoff
27-03-2009, 10:47
When did Troy say this?

I'm very hopeful about this project.We saw there can be songs like RB when guys in the band try to do something for the girls.This time they have more words in the creative process of project(I wouldn't even bother to follow if there was only Renski's team who writes the songs).I'm nearly sure that new songs are gonna rock!

robbie
27-03-2009, 10:52
When did Troy say this?

March 26, 2009 > http://www.troymaccubbin.com/blog.html

fanoff
27-03-2009, 10:58
Another quote from Troy

We are all sad about TATU coming to an end, but on the positive side more great music is to come and hopefully we’ll finally catch up with you guys in person and play some concerts!!

I hope it's true!

AshMcAuliffe
27-03-2009, 11:20
I'm so glad that Lena's got the band as i believe totally in what others have said - that the band played just as a big a role as the girls in t.A.T.u.

RowerB
27-03-2009, 12:21
I'm so glad that Lena's got the band
I am too. I’ll be far more likely to keep an interest in Lena’s career while she is connected to the old team.

AshMcAuliffe
27-03-2009, 16:48
I am too. I’ll be far more likely to keep an interest in Lena’s career while she is connected to the old team.

I just hope the management team don't stunt her career and potential like they have done with t.A.T.u. recently. Lena has Sven who i think is a bloody good songwriter and producer and i think they have the power to pull something very special out of the bag. ;)

Endri
27-03-2009, 17:57
The band seems to be involved in this project more than in t.A.T.u.
That's good :)

AshMcAuliffe
27-03-2009, 18:23
Roll on the tunes!!

dradeel
27-03-2009, 19:12
I hope they go all out hard rock/metal on us, preferably a little industrial doing so :D

... or is that getting my hopes up a little too high? I just always thought both t.A.T.u. girls could do a nice job in the heavier music genres - but for some reason I feel it is more likely that Lena will one time actually do it and not Yulia... :p

But whatever ... the fact that she's working on with the band and team means the whole t.A.T.u. aura won't completely go away, even though one of the voices do so... and that's good I think :) But I hope they don't create the exact same music though.

Endri
27-03-2009, 19:29
.. or is that getting my hopes up a little too high? I just always thought both t.A.T.u. girls could do a nice job in the heavier music genres - but for some reason I feel it is more likely that Lena will one time actually do it and not Yulia.. Lena can do goth or something like alternative. It reminds me Amy Lee's voice.

Argos
27-03-2009, 20:22
I hope they go all out hard rock/metal on us, preferably a little industrial doing so :D

... or is that getting my hopes up a little too high?
I'm hoping for some psychedelic emo rap! :laugh: Would be interesting to know, who comes closer.
But I hope they don't create the exact same music though.
You won't notice. In the last two albums they had so much different pop styles that you can almost reckon them as world wide pop collections of the '80s, '90s, 2000s. Wonder if even an expert could recognize a tatu sound without knowing the names on the cover. :D

I thought the band would be involved in the production of the third album too, before we got all the demos and infos. Maybe the lack of their professional input accelerated the downfall of the group. Now Renskij should not make the same mistake again. A quality rock<-->pop music, not too emotional (Lena isn't good at showing her emotions) would suit well to her, of course with some challenge on the higher notes ;) And please, Boris, no theme park for the album, just music and at least partly understandable lyrics.

Endri
27-03-2009, 22:32
Lena is the real hope of t.A.T.u. fans. I'm sure she'll do great music :)

AshMcAuliffe
27-03-2009, 22:38

i totally agree with this. it's about time Miss Katina got some recognition for being a good wee songstress

MalchikGeiBrand
28-03-2009, 00:47
I'm so glad Lena get's to have the band to work with her. They make such a good sound.

I agree with Dradeel that I always wanted the girls to do something sorta industrial. :p
Some form of dark pop-rock with a backing orchestra sounds like a dream of mine.

They just need to write the music so it doesn't feel more energetic than Lena's singing. I think her voice is nice, but she needs to practice on how to make her falsetto notes sound more lively. I think most of us know how much of a pip-squeek voice she is when she sings together with Yulia. :| So I don't think dance-pop would suit her, unless she finds a singing technique that matches up with it.

Vicente
28-03-2009, 01:51
My question is if she will do slow songs or rock-pop music. Who knows...

fanoff
28-03-2009, 02:08
My question is if she will do slow songs or rock-pop music. Who knows...

Insider has already said it won't be t.A.T.u.,and the band is involved and the sound will be live.So we can't expect pure pop,dance or trance with these things.I'm nearly sure that it will be harder than t.A.T.u.'s,but not too much like death metal :D

We can look at Sven and Roman's group The Collision(Is it written right?I'm not sure) and Troy's solo works to see what they will come to the new project with.

Edgar
28-03-2009, 02:40

:bum: I'm not sure about it, I don't even think that There will be an album from Lena. My hope is Yulia's album

FiorE
28-03-2009, 02:58

i totally agree with this. it's about time Miss Katina got some recognition for being a good wee songstress

Agreed! even if she has the damned management as a team, it`s kind of a relief that she has the band with her also and as I understood they all gonna be part of the creative process, so rensky and company can`t f*ck up things again this time, cause f*ck up 2 projects in less that 4 years would be totally L.A.M.E

Lena likes and preferes the slow songs like nichya, 30 minutes, ne zhaley, more than the fast ones, she has said it lots of times, but I`m sure that her album will be full of it, and I dont know think she would try something like nightwish :bum: someone think she could do like avril lavigne and her band!:bum: :laugh:
I'm not sure about it, I don't even think that There will be an album from Lena. My hope is Yulia's album
right now she says that she hopes her plans come true, and then she`ll talk about it she said this with other words, but I see her way more difficult than lena

Endri
28-03-2009, 03:26
I'm not sure about it, I don't even think that There will be an album from Lena. My hope is Yulia's album Lena will work with t.A.T.u. management, she has something concrete where to start and she has t.A.T.u. band to confirm that her music won't be only slow balads. Lena offers something new, that's why there is hope. While Yulia is in the middle of nothing, in the states where there are lots of artists who struggle to do something good, but Yulia is so influenced by the temptation of success, and the maximum we can expect is a floppy album. :( However, who knows?!

QueenBee
28-03-2009, 04:08
I hope she does something out of the ordinary (for her). I don't think I can stand a whole album of ballads with her voice the same throughout each song with no experimenting whatsoever... e.g. for the Chto Ne Hvataet demo, I think she made it interesting because in some places there was more power to her voice or whatever (I really am useless when it comes to proper musical terms).

She's always been sort of in the background, I don't know if that's her actual personality or if it's because everyone seems quiet next to Yulia, but Lena can be awesome if you give her a chance, so I hope she will be able to prove herself more, she deserves success.

MalchikGeiBrand
28-03-2009, 06:15
^ I agree! I would like some Tatu-ballad style songs, but a mixture of other styles would really make it more special. Any album to me with all songs the same style are boring to me.

She does have a pretty interesting voice. It's naturally kind of babyish and nasally but she can make it sound more mature when singing and even add some power to it. I personally just think she doesn't choose to sing in different techniques very often, and likes to stay soft. But I think she has potential. She sings falsetto a lot, so she's very quiet compared to Yulia who naturally has an energetic chest voice.

I think her voice makes an interesting effect when she uses more energy. Obezyanka Nol demo, for example. I didn't even know it was her at first. I've actually grown to love her yells. :p There's a Y&I remix which has her yells, and I thought they should have kept them in the original song. Her voice is more varied than people usually think, in my opinion. Including her vocal range... If I've estimated correctly, throughout her Tatu career, she's sung from an E3 to a G5.
Her low notes aren't sung too often but she has reached them very well.
(In the studio, anyway.)

AshMcAuliffe
28-03-2009, 10:52
Lena's voice is exceptional. I loved the t.A.T.u. demos where she sings alone in particular I Know, Obezyanka Nol and the fantastic Kosmos demo. Like Endri said, she has a solid foundation; a starting point which Yulia has lost by going to the States. Yulia is being naive if she thinks that she can just waltz over to the States and be signed right away just because she was in t.A.T.u. The problem for Yulia is that if she doesn't make sound decisions her album will put together in a shoddy way, will sound rushed and maybe even flop big style.
As for Lena regarding what sound she should do, i've said before dark-electro. I also think she would suit doing trip-hop with a t.A.T.u. sounding twist. Songs like I Know and You are close to the trip-hop mark and she suits that style. I really hope she brings on the Rock. The only thing both girls need to consider and especially Yulia if she's going to make it in the States, is their dancing just in case they decide to do something dancey as they will be ripped apart by the US press.

Argos
28-03-2009, 10:52
...cause f*ck up 2 projects in less that 4 years would be totally L.A.M.E
How did you find out the name of Lena's solo project "Lena And The Mindless Easterbunnies (http://i39.tinypic.com/iel4lx.jpg)" aka Lena And the Masked Extraterrestrials (that's what is written under the picture)? It took me days and I had to hack more than a dozen of Renskij's computers! :user:

Serduchka Fan
28-03-2009, 14:41

And I also agree. :) I am sooo looking forward to Lenochka's solo project!

Edgar
29-03-2009, 03:28
Lena will work with t.A.T.u. management
Are you listen yourself? :bum: .
Where are those things? :rolleyes:
1.- An international album
2.- A HQ 220's video
3.- A White Robe's video
4.- A movie and more

She has something concretewhere to start and she has t.A.T.u. band to confirm that her music won't be only slow balads.
I'm not sure about it ;)

While Yulia is in the middle of nothing,
I don't think so, We have something concrete, She left creative management :coctail:

but Yulia is so influenced by the temptation of success, and the maximum we can expect is a floppy album. :( However, who knows?!

Maybe she will work with with professional people, and So least we'd get an album of one of girls. You're blind by Your emotions.. If you're still waiting for an album from management, Good Luck. It would take ages

Lena is good singer but her management is really bad to release an album.

Edit:

Quote:

right now she says that she hopes her plans come true, and then she`ll talk about it she said this with other words, but I see her way more difficult than lena
Ohhhh Sorry I forget you FiorE, I can adore it from her, least She wants to sure herself to say us her plans :heart:, About Lena, I just can see promises Like 2007 And t.A.T.u.'s magament ;)

Endri
29-03-2009, 03:40
Are you listen yourself? .
Where are those things?
1.- An international album
2.- A HQ 220's video
3.- A White Robe's video
4.- A movie and more I was referring to the project they are working on and not to t.A.T.u.
They said that the management will work with t.A.T.u. and with Lena, too. We don't know yet what is going to happen, whether Lena is going to start a solo career or will start a new band. What we know is that she's working with the same team that gave us really good music.
You can blame the management, but t.A.T.u. were dead despite their management. They got popularity based on a fake image, on fake musical capacities. That is the real cause of the break.

If you're still waiting for an album from management, Good Luck. It would take ages
We don't know if the problem was the management, Yulia, or the whole project was destined to stop. We'll see. ;)

Edgar
29-03-2009, 03:57
You can blame the management, but t.A.T.u. were dead despite their management. They got popularity based on a fake image, on fake musical capacities. That is the real cause of the break
Nobody is telling you that they didn't give us good music But did they give you good music when you wanted it?

I was referring to the project they are working on and not to t.A.T.u.
They said that the management will work with t.A.T.u. and with Lena, too.
And I just wanted you to remember how to be our creative management

We don't know if the problem was the management, Yulia, or the whole project was destined to stop.

I don't need Yulia to realease an video was recored already :p. Come on, Endri just accept it, They're not professional people when We're not talking about music....... A very important thing, They didn't get a label for t.A.T.u. or Yulia must get a label for t.A.T.u.?

FiorE
29-03-2009, 14:17
How did you find out the name of Lena's solo project "Lena And The Mindless Easterbunnies (http://i39.tinypic.com/iel4lx.jpg)" aka Lena And the Masked Extraterrestrials (that's what is written under the picture)? It took me days and I had to hack more than a dozen of Renskij's computers! :user:

:lol: :lol: Give them a chance! :coctail: looks like they want to do things right this time, and they all have a goal, there is not more disputes with yulia to stop working or to postpone things.

Ohhhh Sorry I forget you FiorE, I can adore it from her, least She wants to sure herself to say us her plans :heart:, About Lena, I just can see promises Like 2007 And t.A.T.u.'s magament ;)

the same with yulia, remeber how many things she have said before and never did.
I´m still waiting this things from her :lol:
1.-her song , she said back in late 2006 that she would write a song
2.-the movie script that she said she wanted to write as well
3.- the fashion line or some designs that she said she wanted to do.

now she said she will release an album but she hasnt have the people to work yet,which I doubt she must have someone already at least some contact, she´s in the middle of nothing, she has not such a good voice anymore, no record label, as lena, but lena has a team, yulia has parviz!:bum:

I dont know if with lena the team will want to sign to a label or do it independent Again Resnky must find something for lena and the band, or he has so much money to produce an entire album again just to see it flop? Argos is he much more millionare than parviz? or is he at the same level of donald trump, or the hilton family??

RowerB
29-03-2009, 16:53
she has not such a good voice anymore,
Yulia’s voice is unique and magnificent. Lena’s voice is nice and it will probably sound less fake if she can perfect her American accent, but it will never be anything more than nice.

AshMcAuliffe
29-03-2009, 17:11
Lena's voice is stronger than Yulia's live though... Yulia's vocals on certain tracks make me cringe so much.

Argos
29-03-2009, 18:18
... she´s in the middle of nothing, she has not such a good voice anymore...
a.) If she really moves to LA then she isn't in the middle of nowhere, but guess where Moscow lies when it comes to pop market?
b.) I'm always intrigued why people bring the singing argument into a discussion about pop music. :gigi: It wasn't necessary in the old times (playback), and it's not necessary today (autotune & co.). What counts in pop business is that you can sell dreams (think about old tatu and you immediately smell it)
...but lena has a team, yulia has parviz!:bum:
A team? Don't see one! Seems that I have to buy new glasses! :laugh:

I dont know if with lena the team will want to sign to a label or do it independent Again Resnky must find something for lena and the band, or he has so much money to produce an entire album again just to see it flop?
A label? For Lena? Why? There are dozens of young girls in Russia who can sing better than her, move better than her, look better than her and are ready to do e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g for their careers, and nobody cares. Internationally the situation is even worse. You need something really special to attract somebody from ouitside Russia.
... is he much more millionare than parviz? or is he at the same level of donald trump, or the hilton family??
I seriously doubt that Parviz can even sponsor more than half a million dollars. Rensky should have enough money from his R&K holding, which was one of the leading Russian IT companies a few years ago (obviously almost ruined by his son :bum: ) and he made several Mio. $ with tatu. He should be able to spend enough.

Edgar
29-03-2009, 19:06
now she said she will release an album but she hasnt have the people to work yet, ,which I doubt she must have someone already at least some contact, How do you know it? Or This is other of your dreams about lena and band?

she´s in the middle of nothing,
You should read old post ;)

she has not such a good voice anymore, no record label, as lena, but lena has a team, yulia has parviz!:bum:
Hahahhahaha Oh sorry I can't remember all people talk about Lena's voice on Not gonna get us ;),

A creative management :lol::hah:

I dont know if with lena the team will want to sign to a label or do it independent Again Resnky must find something for lena and the band,
Dreams :rolleyes:

Vicente
29-03-2009, 19:12
Yeah, we know Argos.. for you Lena is shit :rolleyes:

RowerB
29-03-2009, 19:35
b.) I'm always intrigued why people bring the singing argument into a discussion about pop music. :gigi: It wasn't necessary in the old times (playback), and it's not necessary today (autotune & co.).
What Yulia has cannot be found in a box of tricks.

A label? For Lena? Why? There are dozens of young girls in Russia who can sing better than her,
What does anyone’s ability to sing have to do with the pop market, Argos? Have you not read what you already told us? Read your post again and learn as we all have.

Argos
29-03-2009, 19:52
Yeah, we know Argos.. for you Lena is shit :rolleyes:
Quote me! Where did I say that?

Not even the best young talents get a chance in Russia, everything is contolled by a mafia, which lets nobody come close to the old stars. From all the young singers only MakSim and Dima Bilan play in the upper league, and they aren't even especially talented as singers. Once again - there is almost no chance there, Yulya already told about the situation. If you want to move forward you have to leave the country. Add a management that failed even with relatively easy tasks and the lack of good pop composers and musicians inside the team, add the complete cluelessness how to present a pop project to the public and you'll see that in Russia Lena's career is over before it has even begun. And an international career needs working in one of the big music countries (USA, UK, Germany). No label will sign an act which isn't even popular in Russia. You have to go and work where the big bosses live to convince them. End of story.
Have you not read what you already told us?
No, I didn't! Thanks for reminding me! :laugh:
Completely without talent, of course, nobody can make a career. There are many more talented people out there and they don't have a chance either. So why exactly Lena?

obez17
29-03-2009, 20:30
If you want to move forward you have to leave the country.

But why...WHY didn't t.A.T.u. do that? I don't understand. They knew they were failing in Russia. EVERYONE knew. I wanted them so badly to just try pushing SOMETHING outside of Russia, but they didn't. They could have released White Robe in the UK or the US and then see how it went from there, right? But they didn't do anything...and then they scrapped the project without telling us for two months while all of us thought they were making plans to get the HELL out of Russia. If Lena's new solo project tries to bring success in Russia, they might as well give up now. I think Yulia is smart leaving Russia. I hope Lena does the same. I can't bear to see them fail again. I don't want to lose all my respect for them. :blabla:

FiorE
30-03-2009, 01:03
A team? Don't see one! Seems that I have to buy new glasses! :laugh:
I guess you have! cause I only see people who are trying to move on, even on a shitty music business it´s contrilled by a mafia as you claim.

A label? For Lena? Why? There are dozens of young girls in Russia who can sing better than her, move better than her, look better than her and are ready to do e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g for their careers, and nobody cares. Internationally the situation is even worse. You need something really special to attract somebody from ouitside Russia.
yeh for LENA, but the difference to the other girls is that at least lena tasted the success with tAtu already, and gain some "fame" even a tiny little hope to get sign is what yulia and lena have I know that out there a much better girls that need a chance, the same with yulia, I dont expect a super huge success on any of them that´d be exagerated.

How do you know it? Or This is other of your dreams about lena and band?
yulia told that to the russian fans, I guess you were the one sleepwalking to havent noticed it, she said she needed a manager and people to work with, but she will produce herself.

Hahahhahaha Oh sorry I can't remember all people talk about Lena's voice on Not gonna get us ;),
yeh too bad that it was only one song of the more than 12 songs and 3 albums tAtu did :lol: whatever, I´m not into the conversation of who can or cant sing.:blabla: change subject.

[QUOTE=Edgar;382388]Dreams :rolleyes:
the ones You have :blabla::coctail:

Edgar
30-03-2009, 01:44
yulia told that to the russian fans, I guess you were the one sleepwalking to havent noticed it, she said she needed a manager and people to work with, but she will produce herself.

Right now You don't know if She already has people work for her :). ohhhh I'm so sorry I've forgot that You know all about Yulia, You're even watching what She's doing right now on your dreams, Aren't you? :rolleyes:

yeh too bad that it was only one song of the more than 12 songs and 3 albums tAtu did :lol: whatever, I´m not into the conversation of who can or cant sing.:blabla: change subject.

Thank to Not gonna get us and All the things she said, t.A.T.u. has been here for you and me since 10 years ago ;)

the ones You have :blabla::coctail:

I'm not saying that Lena will have a label by t.A.T.u. if You know that management didn't get a label for t.A.T.u., Why do You think that They will get it for Lena? ...... So they're dreams what you have, not mine :rolleyes:

kelseygirl06
30-03-2009, 14:06
i bet lena was sick of not being able to work insead of going to parties and being yulias pet i bet since yulia left the managment lena and t.a. music can be busy working on the new project! anyone agrees with me?

RowerB
30-03-2009, 19:15
I reckon there is a distinct similarity between some Lena fans and your average Tottenham Hotspur fan. Anyone agrees with me?

Argos
30-03-2009, 20:25
I reckon there is a distinct similarity between some Lena fans and your average Tottenham Hotspur fan. Anyone agrees with me?
....aaand how would you describe an average Spurs fan (for people outside the island)?

Starrgurl
30-03-2009, 21:04
There's a Y&I remix which has her yells, and I thought they should have kept them in the original song.
Do you have a link to this remix?

FiorE
30-03-2009, 21:42
Right now You don't know if She already has people work for her :). ohhhh I'm so sorry I've forgot that You know all about Yulia, You're even watching what She's doing right now on your dreams, Aren't you? :rolleyes:
No thanks, eww I rather to wake up!, I guess that one it`s you that knows every single detail, right;) you already said that she has found her people! woowww You are so informated :blabla: Congratulations!

Thank to Not gonna get us and All the things she said, t.A.T.u. has been here for you and me since 10 years ago ;)
well for me they have been here all that time but for much more than 2 songs ;)

I'm not saying that Lena will have a label by t.A.T.u. if You know that management didn't get a label for t.A.T.u., Why do You think that They will get it for Lena? ...... So they're dreams what you have, not mine :rolleyes:

did I claim that? you`re the master when it comes to interpretations, I said if management will want a label for her, I was assuming or trying to say if they will do it in that way or in the other not that I was 100% sure that rensky will sign her to a huge label for a multimillionare contract, get it!, sice when speculation is a bad thing!

RowerB
30-03-2009, 22:40
....aaand how would you describe an average Spurs fan (for people outside the island)?

He is always going round telling people that his little team is better than it’s mighty north London neighbours, knowing full well they never will be.
When under pressure he will talk quicker and quicker and his voice will go higher and higher until he’s only audible to dogs.

Edgar
30-03-2009, 22:54
No thanks, eww I rather to wake up!, I guess that one it`s you that knows every single detail, right;) you already said that she has found her people! woowww You are so informated :blabla: Congratulations! Quote me
I've never said it, I just said "hey how do you know it?" Because You're 100% sure that right now She don't have people to work for her and you can't know it anymore, So I think that you're just trying to be a stupid :), Baby Would you stop to make stupid posts?, If you're not enough smart to understand all things what I said or you don't have one opinion anymore, you just shut up

well for me they have been here all that time but for much more than 2 songs ;) their frist album was a success and thank to two songs .......... They got enough money to keep going on .....

did I claim that? you`re the master when it comes to interpretations, I said if management will want a label for her, I was assuming or trying to say if they will do it in that way or in the other not that I was 100% sure that rensky will sign her to a huge label for a multimillionare contract, get it!, sice when speculation is a bad thing!

yeh for LENA, but the difference to the other girls is that at least lena tasted the success with tAtu already,
I'm not saying that Lena will have a label by t.A.T.u.
When you know that it's so hard to be true ....... And when You're enough blind by Your emotions :rolleyes:

i'm so sorry if you won't understand my post

FiorE
01-04-2009, 22:28
He is always going round telling people that his little team is better than it’s mighty north London neighbours, knowing full well they never will be.
When under pressure he will talk quicker and quicker and his voice will go higher and higher until he’s only audible to dogs.

:rolleyes: I guess your BIG team the one that you put all your hope is only big for your BIG mouth! and you BLIND eyes! BTW RowerB , YULIA IS GREAT!!! :coctail: :lol:

I s something wrong with the forum I did post a reply two days ago and right now I dont see my post so far.

No, ebverything ok, I just deleted offtopicness, use of Spanish language and insulting another member under this weak 'camouflage'.

SoporAeternus
02-04-2009, 01:53
i love both girl!

Millie
02-04-2009, 13:02
their frist album was a success and thank to two songs .......... They got enough money to keep going on .....

Wrong-o. Thanks to some horrible contracts, swindling by nearly every other involved party, and Yulia having to pay the then-management for the concert cancellations and 'general absence' of the group, PLUS lost revenue, caused by her taking medical leave for the fucking cyst in her throat that HE (you know who) was responsible for- the only thing the first album got the girls was enough of a ($$$) reputation to renegotiate a new contract on their own, and a hard lesson about trusting people in showbiz.

EDIT: Why do people think the old management was so much better? It was like a circus- everyone had their pompous 'look at me!' freakshow ego with the girls being told, basically unpaid, what angle to have their heads at during each song, and exactly what to say (though never why.) Do we forget Lena passing out during a press conference, and the corresponding video of her candidly saying that she doesn't have enough money to eat? Do we forget the old taty.ru? The one with newsflashes that the girls were getting married, or looking for threesome partners? Do we forget that there was a reality show chronicling the recording of their second album, which was SUPPOSED to end on its' release day, which totally degenerated into a montage of Shapovalov's new protegés, and occasional cameos of the girls wondering why the hell they weren't recording anything? Is THAT what everyone wishes this management was doing?

WHY does everyone look back at those times with rose-colored glasses? Because they were kissing? As far as I'm concerned, this is a fantastic opportunity for the girls to finally do what they want to. No labels to suck up to, no movies for publicity... I couldn't be more excited.

openwithnotepad
02-04-2009, 20:56
Wrong-o. Thanks to some horrible contracts, swindling by nearly every other involved party, and Yulia having to pay the then-management for the concert cancellations and 'general absence' of the group, PLUS lost revenue, caused by her taking medical leave for the fucking cyst in her throat that HE (you know who) was responsible for- the only thing the first album got the girls was enough of a ($$$) reputation to renegotiate a new contract on their own, and a hard lesson about trusting people in showbiz.

EDIT: Why do people think the old management was so much better? It was like a circus- everyone had their pompous 'look at me!' freakshow ego with the girls being told, basically unpaid, what angle to have their heads at during each song, and exactly what to say (though never why.) Do we forget Lena passing out during a press conference, and the corresponding video of her candidly saying that she doesn't have enough money to eat? Do we forget the old taty.ru? The one with newsflashes that the girls were getting married, or looking for threesome partners? Do we forget that there was a reality show chronicling the recording of their second album, which was SUPPOSED to end on its' release day, which totally degenerated into a montage of Shapovalov's new protegés, and occasional cameos of the girls wondering why the hell they weren't recording anything? Is THAT what everyone wishes this management was doing?

WHY does everyone look back at those times with rose-colored glasses? Because they were kissing? As far as I'm concerned, this is a fantastic opportunity for the girls to finally do what they want to. No labels to suck up to, no movies for publicity... I couldn't be more excited.

I agree with your points but people liked the old management because that's when tatu was good. They aren't bad, but they aren't at their first Russian/English album glory. I think a lot of people dislike the new management because they don't sound the same.

I'm glad they don't have that garbage they went through anymore, I was tired of hearing stupid stuff about getting married together and stuff but at that time they were at least in the public's mind and could use that to sell more records and keep on going.

Airheadap
06-04-2009, 06:10

You hit the nail on the head, here. While the (arguably) most popular/avant garde/influential music of tatu's carrier came during Ivan's days, do we not remember the ridiculousness of him and the buffoons who mascaraeded as a management team? They desperately bragged and/or spread rumors about the group's supposed break ups, pregnancy threats, non-lesbianism, lesbianism, vacations, political ties, any pretty much any other insignificant, unverifiable issue imaginable, just for attention, often on the official web site. At least with this new management, the group releases real news updates instead of pure gossip... although the "insider" cloak doesn't help.
I think this will be a positive step in both girls' lives. They seemed divergent ever since Ivan stopped forcing their intimacy, ~'04-'05. In all honesty, some of my favorite songs of Tatu's were recorded without the influence of a shouting Yulia. The sublime sound of Lena captivates my ears on "You," "I know (down)," "Pavaroty i Padyenya/Turning and Falling," "Divine," and "All my Love/Vsya moya Lyubov." Finally she will be able to spread her wings and take flight.

Good luck to Yulia too, en tout cas.

crazy malchik
06-04-2009, 10:12
www.lenakatina.com ? :confused: Is this the site?

Millie
06-04-2009, 18:00
I guess I'm just crazy- I think Dvesti po Vstrechnoi was a convoluted mess with a couple of hidden gems, leaving 200 km/h to put the pieces back together. Happy Smiles has been their best album, as far as I'm concerned... or atleast the most honest.

Let's just be honest. The t.A.T.u. that most fans were into is gone... in fact, it never really existed. It had so little to do with the girls that the phrase 't.A.T.u. is Julia and Lena' always made me laugh out loud.

Don't like Happy Smiles? Aren't excited about the solo projects? Go listen to 200 km/h again, or fish out some old Helya mp3s.

AshMcAuliffe
06-04-2009, 18:21
I hope Lena's vocals are as strong in her solo work as they were on Dangerous and Moving... i'm sure they will be :)

Argos
06-04-2009, 19:24
www.lenakatina.com ? :confused: Is this the site?
No. Her homepage will be on R&K company's server. This isn't (Oklahoma City - somewhere in USA...:rolleyes: ).
Obviously somebody acquired the domain in the hope that Renskij will pay a big sum for it - poor idiot, he doesn't know Boris the Piggybank.

Joopy
07-04-2009, 18:02
I'm so excited about this project. I hope they provide us with demo samples and photos to keep us interested. When the Beliy Plaschik demo was released everybody went crazy happy. Gotta feed the hungry, that's the way it is. :cool:

taturocks8
14-04-2009, 14:53
I'm excited too . :D Hopefully in the next 3 months we get to hear a Demo ;)

Angelito
21-04-2009, 17:54
Лена Катина 14 апреля 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNeF2P1TjGg

Scan:

http://s47.radikal.ru/i115/0904/ab/50978f5a765b.jpg

Thank you Alex Taylor (tatu.ru forum)

Translation please

QueenBee
21-04-2009, 18:00
I got to "Thank you for" and then I gave up :laugh:

Q: The first letter of the second line, is it "Ya"? It looks so beautiful!

Argos
21-04-2009, 19:56
[

http://s47.radikal.ru/i115/0904/ab/50978f5a765b.jpg

Thank you Alex Taylor (tatu.ru forum)

Translation please
Did I ever mention that I really hate Russian handwriting?
Well, what I could scrape together:

Guys! Thank you for the participation!!! And it's very fine that artistical people support me! All your ideas, lyrics, music is welcome, if there arises the wish to create something more!
I congratulate the winners, I read everything personally and I liked it very much! Creativity - that's life. so be creative!
Your Lenka

Once again Thank You

fanoff
21-04-2009, 20:05

I hate it too!

AshMcAuliffe
21-04-2009, 20:53
i think it's pretty beautiful... very elegant :)

QueenBee
21-04-2009, 20:57
So cute. She's adorable :) Quite uninteresting otherwise but still adorable :p

Argos and fanoff, you guys suck! :p Russian handwriting is beautiful!

Argos
21-04-2009, 21:04
Argos and fanoff, you guys suck! :p Russian handwriting is beautiful!
You would think different if you had to decipher it - when a 'shi' looks like 'eeeee', you see no difference between an 's' and an 'e' and the writer uses two completely different 'k' and 't' etc. :bebebe::bebebe::bebebe:

fanoff
21-04-2009, 21:32
Argos and fanoff, you guys suck! Russian handwriting is beautiful!

Ever tried to learn?It's one of the reasons that made me give up learining Russian and quit the Russian course!

MalchikGeiBrand
21-04-2009, 21:41
I'll remain oblivious to Russian and just admire how pretty it looks to my language-lacking self. :D
Thanks for the translation, Argos.

I can't wait to hear of what she has in store for this solo project, especially since she's working with the band. Hopefully meaning less fake instruments.
Some people think Yulia has the voice more suited for rock-like music, which I agree with, but I don't think Lena would do too bad with it either. I think she did a pretty good job in Time of the moon. She's got the falsetto, and her low voice has improved and it has this gloomy feel to it that I like, which could suit some soft, melancholic music or something.

Ah, I'll keep dreaming. :p

pigeon309
21-04-2009, 21:47
Well, what I could scrape together:

Guys! Thank you for the participation!!! And it's very fine that artistical people support me! All your ideas, lyrics, music is welcome, if there arises the wish to create something more!
I congratulate the winners, I read everything personally and I liked it very much! Creativity - that's life. so be creative!
Your Lenka

Once again Thank You
Interesting...I wonder who she wrote it to.

Edit: MalchikGeiBrand, I agree about Lena's voice (and actually, also about Russian being pretty, but I think that about most foreign letters...). I adore it when she sings low, and wish she would do it more often, but her high voice is also beautiful. Rockish music would be great. :)

AshMcAuliffe
21-04-2009, 21:49
I'll remain oblivious to Russian and just admire how pretty it looks to my language-lacking self. :D
Thanks for the translation, Argos.

I can't wait to hear of what she has in store for this solo project, especially since she's working with the band. Hopefully meaning less fake instruments.
Some people think Yulia has the voice more suited for rock-like music, which I agree with, but I don't think Lena would do too bad with it either. I think she did a pretty good job in Time of the moon. She's got the falsetto, and her low voice has improved and it has this gloomy feel to it that I like, which could suit some soft, melancholic music or something.

Ah, I'll keep dreaming. :p

agreed... Lena FTW :D

robbie
25-04-2009, 09:39
Great news!!!

Long day in the studio. A great start! Great to see Lena again and have the band playing together. I'll get some pics for you guys!! Also here is the right Twitter info for those who have been asking.... http://twitter.com/TroyMaccubbin Stay tuned!!

fanoff
25-04-2009, 11:55
Looking forward to the demos!!

Argos
25-04-2009, 13:58
Also here is the right Twitter info for those who have been asking.... http://twitter.com/TroyMaccubbin Stay tuned!!

Start new project with certain girl from Moscow & some good mates here in LA.
Curious about whom he's talking about? :confused:

little_polar_bear
25-04-2009, 14:15
Yeah, twittering here and everywhere. The guys and Lena must have had a BBQ meeting yesterday evening besides their rehearsing. So, Lena's eye operation must have been successful, it seems.

Tourniquet
25-04-2009, 14:34
Yeah, twittering here and everywhere. The guys and Lena must have had a BBQ meeting yesterday evening besides their rehearsing. So, Lena's eye operation must have been successful, it seems.
Hope so!
Thank you guys for the infos.;)

Kasimir89
25-04-2009, 15:02
Ever tried to learn?It's one of the reasons that made me give up learining Russian and quit the Russian course!

i can write in russian (handwriting). It's very beautiful, so elegant!! I love it, many of my friends call it "cool" ^^

tatu97
25-04-2009, 20:41
Shes not wasting anytime on her career...

little_polar_bear
25-04-2009, 21:55
The guys were in the studio for eight hours yesterday. They are in the studio today - for eight hours, sth. around 12pm/1pm - 8pm/9pm. On facebook Steve said that he'd have another 8 hour-studio session today.

pigeon309
25-04-2009, 22:09
Yay! They're recording! Thanks for the information, Robbie!

QueenBee
25-04-2009, 22:12
Cooooool, I love hard workers :D Good to hear they're making progress :)

AshMcAuliffe
26-04-2009, 00:25
Lena FTW :)

Starrgurl
26-04-2009, 21:42
What does FTW mean?

AshMcAuliffe
26-04-2009, 21:52
For The Win

Starrgurl
26-04-2009, 22:11
Ok thanks. Sorry I'm not ghetto lol.

Btw if you want more proof how well Lena can sing, I just listened to this one Sacrifice demo on nfne's site where Lena shows off some amazing vocals that they should have kept in the final version. Not to mention the Vsyo Normalno and Obezyanka Nol demos, those also show that Lena can belt it.

AshMcAuliffe
26-04-2009, 22:59
i've never heard the Sacrifice demo... could someone possibly upload it for me please??

mulder
26-04-2009, 23:15
For The Win

Ah, I thought it was the first one on this list (http://www.definition-of.com/FTW) ;)

Javier_Moedano
27-04-2009, 03:38
i've never heard the Sacrifice demo... could someone possibly upload it for me please??

Sacrifice Demo (http://nfne.allmylove.org/tamusic/DEMO/2nd_Album/Demos_LA_Session_17.01.2005_-_18.04.2005_with_S_Galoyan/Elena_Katina,_Julja_Volkova_-_Sacrifice_(demo).mp3)

little_polar_bear
27-04-2009, 09:28
Haha, for t.A.T.u. the band couldn't even record a track and now they are supposed to be composing for Katina. Nice & clever step, Mr. Renski!

Troy has updated his twitter yesterday:

7 p.m. (L.A.): Just about to show a new idea to Lena & the guys. Hope they like it. :).

0 a.m. Dam it's good to go to bed knowing you have to compose something brillant tomorrow. No pressure.

The guys enjoy it a lot though! ;)

AshMcAuliffe
27-04-2009, 10:28
Sacrifice Demo (http://nfne.allmylove.org/tamusic/DEMO/2nd_Album/Demos_LA_Session_17.01.2005_-_18.04.2005_with_S_Galoyan/Elena_Katina,_Julja_Volkova_-_Sacrifice_(demo).mp3)

Gracias senor :) :)
Good to see that the creative juices are flowing.

chaz
27-04-2009, 22:45
I'm so excited!!!

pigeon309
27-04-2009, 22:52
Lena FTW :)
:D It seems that's becoming your motto.

pigeon309
27-04-2009, 22:57
Ok thanks. Sorry I'm not ghetto lol.

Btw if you want more proof how well Lena can sing, I just listened to this one Sacrifice demo on nfne's site where Lena shows off some amazing vocals that they should have kept in the final version. Not to mention the Vsyo Normalno and Obezyanka Nol demos, those also show that Lena can belt it.
Oh, yeah, it's amazing. allmylove.org, right? I can happily sit and listen to the audio on that site for ages. I love it.

AshMcAuliffe
28-04-2009, 00:02
:D It seems that's becoming your motto.

yup. i even have a wee dance that goes with it... :D

little_polar_bear
28-04-2009, 10:28
Yesterday's updates from Troy:

5 pm: In studio with the gang! Working on a great track.
Sven on his comp: http://twitpic.com/44qu5

Recording vocals - you can see a slight bit of Lena here: http://twitpic.com/44qwe

7 pm: Conclusion: Great job today Lena!

barzha 01
28-04-2009, 11:12
Thank you little_polar_bear

AshMcAuliffe
28-04-2009, 11:16
Wow! This is the most news put out in ages! My wee brain might explode from the updates! :D :lol:

Joopy
28-04-2009, 14:35
From Lena's Diary:
We're now in the studio with musicians, recording lyrics for the demo. Very fun. Yesterday we've recorded refrains to one song. Loads of work, but I won't tell you more right now. Everything's going good, I think.
Source: http://www.tatu.ru/dnevnik_l.html?id=710&l=en

little_polar_bear
29-04-2009, 01:18
Troy April 28th, 5 pm:

Recording some cool guitars for a demo song. Sounding cool!!

Might be that Lena is not at the studio all day today since they record instruments also...

chaz
29-04-2009, 03:46
Cant believe they're really working this hard

11Russia
29-04-2009, 05:44
I'm starting to think that the problem was Yulia!... Cause now they're working
and really fast...

AshMcAuliffe
29-04-2009, 10:13
and really fast...

i totally agree...

fanoff
29-04-2009, 10:59
and really fast...

Because they're excited for this new thing and they should prove that they can make good music without t.A.T.u. I hope new material sounds good,even better than t.A.T.u.

Argos
29-04-2009, 16:07
and really fast...
The problem wasn't Yulya. It was the project itself. It was caught in a dead end street - garbage gathering, filth pop - rubbish! Now TA Music is pushing things because Yulya seems to have connections with some real professionals already. Sort of racing duell which they don't want to lose. If that's good for the quality, we'll see.

TatuLover4Ever
29-04-2009, 16:15
what is FTW?

Argos
29-04-2009, 16:22
what is FTW?
http://forum.tatysite.net/showpost.php?p=383812&postcount=82

11Russia
29-04-2009, 17:26
The problem wasn't Yulya. It was the project itself. It was caught in a dead end street - garbage gathering, filth pop - rubbish! Now TA Music is pushing things because Yulya seems to have connections with some real professionals already. Sort of racing duell which they don't want to lose. If that's good for the quality, we'll see.

Well that's true, the project itself was a mess... And we know it
I remember when we were really excited in the very first days of t.A.T.u.
Their sound was something refreshing and not experimental...

But I mean we always say interviews where Yulya said that she didn't like the songs
Craving, Fly on the wall... etc.
Personally I don't think I've ever read about Lena saying such things like that.
I'm glad that Yulya has real and pro conections, cause I like Lena but I don't like her
voice alone but I do Yulya, cause she use to be the main voice..
It's just like Destiny's Child I use to love them haha when Beyonce came solo I like it too
but Michelle didn't like her alone but I do on DC...

Endri
30-04-2009, 04:27
Yulya seems to have connections with some real professionals already.How do you know that?

yumichka
30-04-2009, 18:55
its really the saddest story..
im really not happy with them going solo, no matter how good their music is....its simply not tatu , to me tatu is sacred , irreplacable with anything elss.

the funny part about this is that they didn't even care or fight for it ..we all know its worth fighting for.
if they really care about us (the fans) im sure it would be different ,but some ppl r just selfish

is it my fault that i cared soo much about them or had high expectations for them.
when i first listened to ne jeley i paniced cuz i knew that was a hint for wut's coming.
look at their last vedio was that a jock or they r tring to finish wut's left of our love to them,i just don't know.

why is this happening ppl ?!!!!!!!!!!!!! & and why this horrible silence of us fans ?!
is this really it?

Argos
30-04-2009, 20:45
How do you know that?
Mostly from herself - and I said "she seems to have connections...", so no proof.

She told that she has some professional people in LA managing her. Two months after she was there during her birthday 'holidays' (which were obviously more than that) she is there again, so you can assume, things are moving on there in the west.

She talks about a movie project where she will have the main role. Don't think that she talks about an indie project.

She hints at working in a show on MTV. That's all things where professional people are involved. Well, we know that Yulya announces things sometimes prematurely, but she wouldn't talk about this if there were no negotiations about those projects.

And there are of course some pictures of society events, where she met some interesting people, nothing important, but enough to raise an eyebrow, like Dima Bilan's manager Yana Rudkovskaya (http://spletnik.ru/img/gallery/comthumb/506/20090424-parviz-yana.jpg) or this charming guy Yurij Aksyuta, the musical director of Channel One (http://www.life.ru/media/content/0409/97602231329ff9e13ce7aae0d1beabe7.jpg). Alltogether, nothing exciting, but Yulya keeping contact with important people of the business.

Joopy
01-05-2009, 00:30
I'm really enthusiastic about this project. Tho, I'd like it to go more electropop instead of rockish. It's fine, as long as Lena's there.
Well Sven is still there so he may lay down some electro sounding stuff on his piano that might mix well with the rock... he did a good job on Running Blind. We will see of course but I don't think it will be just dead rock. I'm excited about this "live" sound so much.

MalchikGeiBrand
01-05-2009, 00:50
I doubt they'd actually do rock, but they'd likely have a rock-inspired sound. I dunno, for whatever reason, something about poprock seems to flow well as in image for Lena. I imagine slightly dark and classy, I guess. :p She seems like someone who would perform more sophisticated songs, not random pop tunes. I hope, at least.
I too am looking forward to this live sound.

little_polar_bear
02-05-2009, 11:24
To update this cute thread with Troy's cute twitties:

on April 30th, the guys recorded some rock:

Now we record some Rock!! With a couple of new gtrs I bought. Love my new strat & tele! http://twitpic.com/4ah70

Working on scratch vocals, finding the right key

Finished gtrs with Domen & Sven on our new song for this new project.

May 1st Now the band is even writing the lyrics, aha... May 1st seems to be a busy day for Lena's vocal recording.

All writing lyrics, making sense of our creations!

So many languages! Russian, German, Slovenian, Australian & American. All in one band. I see why sometimes we all misunderstand each other. I say amen to that!

Lena kicking ass on vocals!

Endri
02-05-2009, 13:30
So many languages! Russian, German, Slovenian, Australian & American. All in one band. I see why sometimes we all misunderstand each other. Weird...

fanoff
02-05-2009, 14:28
Weird...

What's weird in it?Each member has other nationalities.They might be speaking their mother tongues one at a time.

MalchikGeiBrand
02-05-2009, 16:55
Awesome news!

Aww Slovenian :love:

I really hope that - with this project - T.A. Music will do good stuff. Wish they stop playing "independant" game, find a label, good marketing strategy... Afterall, it's the Lena from the t.A.T.u. :coctail:

Sadly not many other people actually know her as "The Lena from t.A.T.u.", but as "That one redhead with the bigger curves in tAaaTTo0.". Here in the USA, anyhow. :gigi:

That is rather true though. I'm hoping T.A. music won't fail as bad as they did with the last Tatu album, if they aren't able to get extra support right now. :|
Annnnd, they need an image to help market her. I know it kind of sounds silly, but if you think about it, many musicians have some sort of image (subtle or not) that helps keep them running in the entertainment industry. Tatu haven't really had an image in the past 4 years, just a mess of ideas and cheap attempts and being psychological.

FiorE
02-05-2009, 19:43
I`m really happy that they are having fun and Working this hard, I hope rensky doesnt ruined anything.
wonder which name will the band have, as troy said they are so diverse almost the 3 european 1 australian and an american dude, diversity rocks! :cool:

Argos
02-05-2009, 19:53
I hope rensky doesnt ruined anything.
Sometimes people become reasonable when the water is already around their neck. So let's hope the water remains there until Lena's solo album is out. :D

chaz
03-05-2009, 03:00
Damn, this is exciting truly, hearing how things are moving ahead, cool!

chaz
03-05-2009, 09:52
Hate to double-post, but from troy's twitter account:

Just a sneak peak! Songs are sounding great! http://twitpic.com/4gjmz

I can't wait for u guys to hear these tracks. Sounding great! But u all will have to wait sorry! It will be worth it! A great group effort

Oh more great vocals. 1 song done!

robbie
03-05-2009, 12:01
WOW! We have ONE song. :D

little_polar_bear
03-05-2009, 12:40
The rest of Troy's day on twitter (May 2nd):

8 - 9 pm: Finished for the day. All going out to eat.

So, Lena's first demos are written, composed and produced by t.A.T.u.'s band.

Endri
03-05-2009, 14:52
Thanks for the info. :)

WOW! We have ONE song. :D

I think that the first song is very important because it decides the style which will follow. I have not clear one thing, though. Is it Lena solo or is it Lena with the band? Did the band took part in recording with t.A.T.u.?

little_polar_bear
04-05-2009, 02:13
Troy as enthusiastic as we love him:

May 3rd:

2 pm: Beautiful day in LA, back at studio. Lena, Sven, Domen, Steve & me ready to record some great ideas on these new songs!

4 pm: Sitting here listening to these new songs with Lena singing thinking maybe we have some potential big songs that will do very well. :)

kelseygirl06
04-05-2009, 02:13
lets just make this tatu minus volkova XD

little_polar_bear
04-05-2009, 09:27
Apparently, Troy had a very good day yesterday.

May 3rd, the rest:

8 pm: All sitting around having some beers watchin some music tv. BBQ, great people & lots of great music. Back in the studio soon.

Can't wait to tour!!

Lena says hi to all!

10 pm: Watching Cream on the big screen in surround sound! Awesome! Lena get me another beer! ;).

chaz
04-05-2009, 10:13
He's awesome!

AshMcAuliffe
04-05-2009, 11:54
Troy is awesome! :D
Potentially big songs?? ;) wicked!

Flo181
04-05-2009, 14:48
About the number of demos they've recorded so far...

she has already three demos!!

Thx for providing this information, nich'ya:) !

*greets Lena and the guys*

Endri
04-05-2009, 14:51
Let them work! :lalala: :D

little_polar_bear
04-05-2009, 23:58
Troy: May 4th. Today is the last day of recording!

3 pm: Last day of writing & recording. Great team work by all. Sven & I recording gtrs and about to lay down a solo. Raaawwwk!!!

Thanks to the last episode on Russia.ru we know that Lena was accompanied by Zhenya, Renksi and Olga (concert manager).

Talyubittu
05-05-2009, 05:15
Amazing. Four demos in a week. We got a 10 song album in two years.

kelseygirl06
05-05-2009, 05:43
two years?

if troy and sven were to work on its it might be out by early 2010

Endri
05-05-2009, 06:11
Quality is more important than quantity. :rolleyes:

mulder
05-05-2009, 09:36
It's now the beginning of May. If they could do this again a couple of times over the next month or two, they could easily have 12-15 demos. Pick the best 10 and give Sven about 3 months to add overdubs and do the usual mixdowns etc.

All that's left is to get a record deal and organise the artwork and the album could be out by Christmas.

Of course, I doubt this will happen given the track record of Lena's management, but if the performers maintain this level of enthusiasm and the management leave them to it, who knows?

little_polar_bear
05-05-2009, 10:15
Why should the musicians be not enthusiastic about this no more? They have waited for years to get such a chance to be actually involved after working off their asses for small and rare performances. Such a good step, Mr. Renski - you truly know how to make people work for you and that's not so easy to manage. Congrats.

Anyways, celebrating their week of work with a chocolate treat (Lena must be addicted to chocolate :)) And be aware of Renski's colourful stripes, this is Happy Smiles Time still!

10 pm:
All of us celebrating a week of great writing & recording with a chocolate pudding treat! This session is done! http://twitpic.com/4l68u

mulder
05-05-2009, 11:03
Why should the musicians be not enthusiastic about this no more? They have waited for years to get such a chance to be actually involved after working off their asses for small and rare performances.

Oh, I agree. This is something they have wanted to do for ages, I'm sure.

I've been hoping they would put the touring band in the studio for a long time, and I believe the results will be well worth it.

chaz
06-05-2009, 01:50
I hope they keep up at this speed

Tourniquet
06-05-2009, 20:40
Maybe it's good if the band is more involved...personally I don't care a lot...
But I really do hope that Lena will be also indipendent from them in her solo career.
I hope she will perform also alone, be in TV programs (hope Rensky changes his mind about this mass-media tool) alone and so on.
You know, sometimes it isn't required to have the whole band for some little appereances and so on.

little_polar_bear
07-05-2009, 00:03
Well, imagine that Renski will probably try to hit this project at Russia which would just be logical (:D I know weird to use this word) and therefore in case Lena will be invited to any shows, I don't think the guys are allowed to come over from America... we'll see. They are workers for her and Renski - they are paid for playing around and being creatvie which is very cool. We'll have to see if there is already an image or sth...

little_polar_bear
18-05-2009, 02:10
Update from Troy:

Lazy sunday. Off to studio with the guys to work on this new project. Where's Lena? :laugh:

Vicente
18-05-2009, 03:50
New status :)

In studio working on Lena tracks! Sounding big!!!

chaz
18-05-2009, 04:07
Yeaaah, I love when this happens!

Katina Fan
18-05-2009, 12:49
New status :)

Wicked! Just what I needed to brighten my morning! :D

AshMcAuliffe
18-05-2009, 13:08
WooHoo!!! :)

kelseygirl06
18-05-2009, 23:46
i'm excited! i hope next month big things coming!

robbie
22-05-2009, 11:50
Official report from Lena's trip to Los Angeles

Let me start it from the very beginning, recalling some things you do know, be charitable.
So, Lena and Olga Matveeva, who’s position is now a travel-manager and a personal assistant for Lena, arrived by plane to San Francisco late in the evening of April 19.
I came the day before, so I met them at the airport.
The weather was terrific. 25 degrees and the Californian starry heavens were in to compensate for a weariness of 16 hours flight.
Girls stayed at my place, and I hope they got the complete comfort.
The following days were filled by the preparations for Lena’s surgery, the surgery itself, and the next-day check-up.
You watched a full-scale movie about that, so I’m going ahead.
Well, on the 23d Lena was ready to travel to LA, and we moved it.
Usually I do my pan-Californian transportations by car: first, I like to drive; second, the door-to-door ride takes just half an hour more than an airplane, for those who know the rout, and you needn’t to stand in lines and wait at the airport. And, third, you’ll have your own car with you in LA, not a rented. Lena also likes traveling by car, so we hadn’t problems with our Star.

We had to drive 360 miles (about 600 km) in total. When I drive on my own, without a stop, this takes me less than 5 hours, but since girls were with me this time we stopped a couple of times, but the trip took us 5 and a half hours nevertheless.
By the way, I can’t tell about other states, but in California each and every gas station is equipped with the rather good toilets you won’t be ashamed to let even princess Lena in.
Highway-5 is the major part of your trip. Imagine a table-flat land, horizon to horizon, carrying an arrow-straight road, with practically no curves. And all this for 300 km in succession.
I use to call it the Death Valley.
Temperatures there are around 40 and more degrees in the midst of summer, and without a car one can really die there of heat stroke…
No pedestrians. No streetlights. No crossroads. No “State Auto Inspection” checkpoints or other problems. Except for the highway patrol, which you may encounter once or twice, but who doesn’t forgive you any speeding.
We entered the Northern Hollywood – part of the Los Angeles where Sven lives with his studio – at 7 PM as it was preplanned and without any adventures.

Historically, we with t.A.T.u. always stayed in top-star hotels, making our choice based on the posh-ness, caring a little about the distances between the hotel and the place we were about to work at.
Back in the days we were recording D&M and LI we used to waste an hour one-way, in traffic jams. That was wrong.
Besides, I came to conclusion that a hotel that “is hip” makes you weakened and depraved, what does clearly oppose creativity, not mentioning it does eat lots of money.
This time we decided not to fall into the same trap and stayed in a modest Holiday Inn half a mile from the studio. And we haven’t regretted it.
How happy all three of us were when the road to the studio, and especially back, when everybody was dog-tired, had been taken us 4 minutes.

As a rule of show-biz – fun first, work next… maybe.
We made a pre-party at the place of Sven and Domen, who were room-mates. To be more precise, it was in the back-yard.
Our hosts were providing barbeque, our side provided beer, girls (Lena and Olga) and me as a free supplement.
Also, there surely was Troy and Steve with his girlfriend Amanta, whom we all have met long ago.

The next day we started to work, at last.
We had only one song called “N.N.” on our “desktop”. This song was first composed and played just for fun during a jam-session last year in LA in a company of Sven, Troy, Domen, Steve and me irregardless of t.A.T.u.
(It was after that session when I realized our musicians can do much more greater things than just accompanying, though accompanying excellent; and I saw an overwhelming team-work in addition.)
I showed Lena this song while in Moscow, and she said she likes it very much and she wants to sing it.
We were going to start our experiments with this very “N.N.”, but we got the proof plans are always subject to vaporize.

Having talked about music for a couple of hours, having drunk coffee, then having listened to different kinds music and having seen number of videos we spontaneously parted into three groups:
- Lena, Sven, Troy and me occupied studio;
- Domen and Steve took the house with a small studio and drums;
- Olga was reading a book in a chaise lounge.
Due to the fact we didn’t have a big acoustically isolated room for drums and it is impossible to stay in one house with a drummer playing at full power, we resorted to miracles of high technology.
It was a special studio/training Yamaha drum set – a real big drum set with all its parts, but… its drum skins and cymbals made of rubber.
Inside this rubber there is electronic stuff that senses hits of real conventional drumsticks. It works so perfect it’s unbelievable… The hits of different strength, coming closer-farther from the center – all sound different, as these are supposed to be.
You can listen to the sounds coming from speakers or headphones, but in the room - drumsticks are hitting the rubber.
Based on the record you can’t tell this drum set from the real one, and all the fine shades of individual drummer’s skill (or mediocrity) are being transferred well.

The “N.N.” track somehow turned out to be “on the ice”, because we believed we’ve got it anyways, and it’s good to think about something else.
First, we had no sign of luck.
While Domen and Steve were sculpturing something in the house, our dullness was starting to get on our nerves.
So, we and the girls decided to break the vicious circle of our creative stall with use of a dinner in a Chinese fastfood.
Our musicians stayed at home, sadly, they promised us to keep the search on while we are away…

Boris

To be continued

AshMcAuliffe
22-05-2009, 12:18
thanks Robbie :rose: ... sounding interesting and informative for once from Boris! :)

FiorE
22-05-2009, 18:05
wow, Thank you Robbie, and also thanks to rensky for give us the updates everything sounds so superb, even I`m excited about, seems that finally they want to make things right and it`s so cool that lena is taking part of the creative process also.

Borya seems to be a frustrated musician, maybe he wanted to be a singer when he was younger or sth, cause he`s even taking part with the creative process and not only this time but also with tATu!, whatever it it`s I hope he respects the guys ideas.

parasun
22-05-2009, 18:47
that's so exciting!!! :D what the hell is Yulia doing lately?

Argos
22-05-2009, 20:13
I wanna have the rubber drum set!

little_polar_bear
23-05-2009, 16:51
The musicians, by the way, until this point have had no presettings, but complete freedom to write and compose songs. I still don't understand why Renski - someone who doesn't seem to have much of a musical education plays such a big part in being all around the place all the time, but of course he wants to direct where everything is aiming at and I have no clue how focussed Katina is at this point and I am sad to say this, but I don't care a lot. Maybe I will if this team is actually able to surprise me, but this is all as Renski indicated very small business.

robbie
27-05-2009, 09:34
I'm so lucky to be making music with my best mates! Sven, Domen & I in the studio writing & working on ideas for the new Lena album. Rock!

Source: about 1 hour ago @ http://twitter.com/TroyMaccubbin

alanisp3
28-05-2009, 03:12
Hey guys.... i didnt remember that i got an account here...i see that there is a few people that i know from tatu.ru forum. Hey fiore and vicente this is Diana ..nichya:) ...and yeah seems that nothing new of Katina's proyect.

fanoff
28-05-2009, 14:21
Last update in Troy's Twitter:

Another great day in the studio. Lots of cool ideas and a potential kick ass tune!

This sounds great but I'm not getting my hopes up,so that I won't be disappointed if i don't like the sound that I hear.

MalchikGeiBrand
28-05-2009, 17:36
...and yeah seems that nothing new of Katina's proyect.

Welcome! They only just started so I wouldn't expect much anytime soon. :) They're making pretty good progress already though.
I hope we get to hear a demo. I'd be more surprised if they didn't show us one. I'm so interested to hear what the sound will be like.

I'm just glad it's no more of those cheap computerized-imitation instruments.

Argos
30-05-2009, 10:17
Sequel to Boris' report: (http://forum.tatysite.net/showpost.php?p=385035&postcount=149)
Of course, my saying “first, we had no sign of luck” means we had that luck later.

We were back in 2 hours.
Troy and Sven were at their previous positions.
“We have scribbled something over here” - said Troy and played a piece of a tune on his guitar, with Sven’s backing him on keyboard.
“So, how’s that? We are not sure, actually…” – said the new theme creators modestly.
“Wow!” – said Lena and me in one voice.
And it was the beginning…
Musicians started ad-libbing about the tune, Lena sang, and then everybody else began singing.
That singing was ragged and funny – our only goal was to find the vocal melody itself. It was somewhere very close.
An hour of total fun later we had a verse, a pre-chorus and a chorus.
Next day we thought up the concept of the meaning, the lyrics and the bridge.
Time has come to get demo-vocals recorded.
It was something special, like nothing on earth and at the same time like would-be hit a-la mainstream, with stylish beat and classical Los Angeles flavor of bridge vocals.
For the following three or four days (I don’t recall exactly) we polished our track, finding new features.
For example, there is a moment when we can hear a… brass wind instrument.

Neither Lena, nor musicians, nor me had or have an objective of doing mainstream music on the principle of “all for sale” (please, don’t mock me with Insider’s phrase “all sails up for soul, no soul down for sale”; Lena’s music is being made for you, fans, as well as for wide audience, but it doesn’t mean it is pocket-bound, not soul-bound). This new song – let’s conveniently call it “I.S.” – may be formally assorted as pop-mainstream, with great reserve, but at the same time that is not exactly it. Only later on, when we finished working on the next thing, it became clear what “the Lena’s style” is and why “I.S.” is truly Lena’s song.

While we were having fun with “I.S.” (well, actually we worked, but according to feelings of everyone involved it was real fun) Domen and Steve composed another song – “So not cool”. If one does try to describe its style this would be close to rock-ballad with monumental sound and mystic contents. Bridge in this song is sung by Steve himself.

Concerning “N.N.”, that I mentioned after telling all about the nature and the weather, Lena recorded chorus and the bridge to this rock song with a hit potential. Verses lack lyrics by now, and the melody requires more work.

Our studio session lasted 11 days without any weekend breaks, fuelled by the complete universal inspiration. Don’t know about your mind, but to my humble one it is a rather good speed – to make two and a half songs in the given time, two of which were done totally from scratch. That means Lena has got a big chance of making you happy with her album ready by the end of the year. Especially pleasing is the fact that all denoted vocals are already recorded in clean copy.

I wish to stress the fact about Lena’s vocals: guys, you haven’t heard Lena like this ever, believe me.
(it is not about new Lena being better or worse than previous Lena, it is about absolutely new Lena, you’ll see…)

I have a fierce desire to give these songs for you to listen right now, but I’m sure you understand it’s not possible.
It’s a pity the loyal fans community does not reside at some remote resort on Mars or similar, without a comm link to Earth’s internet…

This is, actually, it.
On the May 4 we left LA to go back to Northern California.
Lena visited doctor for her eyes check-up – everything was fine.
She had a rest for the next three days, had a bit of sunbathing, and on the 8-th she and Olga flew to Moscow to participate in Eurovision. If it wasn’t about Eurovision, we would continue our work…
Now Lena comes back to California on June 27, and she’s going to stay there for much longer. We do hope to make everything. At least as a demo version.

Boris
Thanks to Jam One at tatu.ru for posting!

mulder
30-05-2009, 10:42
It's early days, but this is looking good. I'm glad to see they're not afraid of using different musical styles or of trying to write a hit single :)

I wish to stress the fact about Lena’s vocals: guys, you haven’t heard Lena like this ever, believe me.
(it is not about new Lena being better or worse than previous Lena, it is about absolutely new Lena, you’ll see…)

Now that has definitely got my interest - could she be singing in a lower register to get more power to her vocals?

I have a fierce desire to give these songs for you to listen right now, but I’m sure you understand it’s not possible.

Oh, go on Boris, give in to your desires :D

SoporAeternus
30-05-2009, 11:54
great!

everything look perfect!

Lena will rock! im sure about it

AshMcAuliffe
30-05-2009, 12:36
*Ash does a crazy little dance* :D :liplick:

kelseygirl06
30-05-2009, 13:46
I'M PRETTY EFFING EXCITED KEEP UP THE WORK LENA,BORIS AND CO!

Kelsey, I don't want to repeat myself another time. Please, don't use caps all the time. It is totally unnecessary. Thanks.

Endri
30-05-2009, 18:16
Rock! :D

manatsu103
30-05-2009, 19:02
Ohhhhh! I'm excited. :)

elaktronnye_k
31-05-2009, 05:19
sounds promising... keep up the good work, lenka :D

FiorE
01-06-2009, 01:24
incredible thing, I love everything that has been said from boris so far, but when he was refering to Lena`s doing "this only for you guys", it was nice but at the same time sounds like she and the band dont feel that presure to have the super hit of the year, which is ok, but I`m afraid they wont care on huge promotion either.:(

FagtasticMalchi
01-06-2009, 04:05
When they announced t.A.T.u.'s hiatus they also announced info on Lena's solo project and they didn't seem to be saying they'd be promoting.

alanisp3
01-06-2009, 04:51
incredible thing, I love everything that has been said from boris so far, but when he was refering to Lena`s doing "this only for you guys", it was nice but at the same time sounds like she and the band dont feel that presure to have the super hit of the year, which is ok, but I`m afraid they wont care on huge promotion either.:(
Yeah i'm afraid that they wont promote... oh gosh if they dont promote i guess will be the end of t.A.T.u ...

FiorE
01-06-2009, 05:46
Yeah i'm afraid that they wont promote... oh gosh if they dont promote i guess will be the end of t.A.T.u ...

tATu has nothing to do with Lena and her solo project, for me and (I guess them) are two different things, it`d be utopic to think in a big way, given the circunstances, I`m happy that lena is doing her project and that she`s getting involve as much as she can, but I`m more than happy, and I`ll be extremely Happy that at least they tour (not only in russia) in lots of countries including ours, lots of independent bands do that, and I perceive they dont want the Big Arenas and Big stadiums they wanted with tATu,(and they never did) which is realistic, a bit of promotion for the album would be great, extremely great, But I dont know if they would go for it, I want to see lena on interviews, tv programs, radio interviews, award shows, mtv maybe! (mtvLA to be more realistic)

fanoff
01-06-2009, 08:24
I remember the times when we were too curious and unpatient about BP HP and 220 video.I hope it won't turn out to be a not big thing this time.

angelmouse
01-06-2009, 15:38
So let me get things straight (haven't been in this forum for a while now) tatu split up and Lena is working solo with the old tatu team and Yulia went back to Shapovalov!!?

little_polar_bear
01-06-2009, 16:12
So let me get things straight (haven't been in this forum for a while now) tatu split up and Lena is working solo with the old tatu team

t.A.T.u. say they didn't split up but are rather on a hiatus and will concentrate more on their solo careers (you can of course interpret this the way you like, but they will definitely still work for the promotion of "You and I" the movie this year or in the beginning of next year). Katina stayed with t.A.T.u.'s current team and t.A.T.u.'s concert manager Olga is now foremost Lena's personal assistent. That Yulia was back with Shapovalov is a rumour and hasn't been confirmed yet by any one as far as I know. Yulia wants to move to L.A. and work together with American producers.

parasun
01-06-2009, 18:00
I would love it if Yulia became popular here in the us...

angelmouse
01-06-2009, 22:55
t.A.T.u. say they didn't split up but are rather on a hiatus and will concentrate more on their solo careers (you can of course interpret this the way you like, but they will definitely still work for the promotion of "You and I" the movie this year or in the beginning of next year). Katina stayed with t.A.T.u.'s current team and t.A.T.u.'s concert manager Olga is now foremost Lena's personal assistent. That Yulia was back with Shapovalov is a rumour and hasn't been confirmed yet by any one as far as I know. Yulia wants to move to L.A. and work together with American producers.

Thank you for clearing things up for me. I suppose it's a pity there might be no more t.A.T.u but on the other hand, things has been going a bit slow lately and perhaps something new and interesting will come out of them going solo.

Slayer
02-06-2009, 15:53
i think that they won't be successful as mush as they were a group
i mean come on solo projects people liked them as a group why do they wanna fu* that image up? :(

kelseygirl06
09-06-2009, 17:07
i like to see martian eyes in english

Starrgurl
15-06-2009, 04:09
I wrote my own english version of marsianksie glaza once...

Glowing martian eyes
With a golden shine
These forbidden dreams
Safer than they seem
I'm afraid to know
Should I let it go?
Can I keep my peace
And not miss a thing?

Night has come with the day
I've grown too old to play
Change I cannot avoid
May darkness be destroyed

The moon disappears
But the sun is near
When I feel weak
I must learn to speak
Squirrels and rabbits dance
Take a second glance
I know finally
I can be at peace

Change I cannot avoid

Maybe I'd be better off alone
This journey leads to someplace I'll call home

podnebesnya
15-06-2009, 04:28
I wrote my own english version of marsianksie glaza once...

Glowing martian eyes
With a golden shine
These forbidden dreams
Safer than they seem
I'm afraid to know
Should I let it go?
Can I keep my peace
And not miss a thing?

Change I cannot avoid

The moon disappears
But the sun is near
When I feel weak
I must learn to speak
Squirrels and rabbits dance
Take a second glance
I know finally
I can be at peace

Change I cannot avoid

Maybe I'd be better off alone
This journey leads to someplace I'll call home

thats really good!

little_polar_bear
27-06-2009, 19:57
Lena should be arriving in L.A. very soon. She is said to stay there and work on her solo career together with Sven, Troy, Steve and Domen for two months.

alanisp3
27-06-2009, 20:18
Lena should be arriving in L.A. very soon. She is said to stay there and work on her solo career together with Sven, Troy, Steve and Domen for two months.

hmm How do you know that would be for two months?

little_polar_bear
27-06-2009, 20:27
I was told by someone who should know it.

robbie
27-06-2009, 20:33
Two months. That's great!

Thank you, Aileen :rose:

QueenBee
27-06-2009, 20:49
little_polar_bear, they seem to work a lot :) Good for them! It was about time :laugh: Thanks for the info.

QueenBee
27-06-2009, 21:39
Yeah, today is the 27th.
:none: Oh my god you guys. Today is the 27th of JUNE. We're already halfway through the year!!! And I have accomplished nothing!

alanisp3
28-06-2009, 03:48
I was told by someone who should know it.

Thanks! :)

FiorE
28-06-2009, 18:03
so lena will be in the Usa this week, that`s great.
according to anka`s report and translation by cute lena (old nick) Lena and yulia dont talk to each other anymore :( geez!

I hope troy give us updates soon.

QueenBee
28-06-2009, 18:10
Lena and yulia dont talk to each other anymore
If that's true, I wouldn't be very surprised... they didn't seem to spend any time together privately. I always assumed it was because they saw each other so often, but maybe their friendship wasn't so strong outside of the workplace?

Utada
28-06-2009, 18:54
Im so gonna get flamed(please dont).
Maybe PArvis has to do with it...

QueenBee
28-06-2009, 19:33
Not on this forum :D

Argos
28-06-2009, 19:45
Maybe PArvis has to do with it...
Oh yes, the truth sometimes hurts... :p

QueenBee
28-06-2009, 20:08
Argos, please elaborate. :)

manatsu103
28-06-2009, 20:30
Argos, please elaborate.

Yes please do. :D

Argos
28-06-2009, 21:34
^^
Is it true what Utada supposed and has he to fear unfriendly remarks from Yul-viz fans?
or...
Does the truth about Lena's and Yulya's relationship hurt so much that people blame third parties (Parviz) for their fights?

Hm...:dknow:

Funny that two ladies, who are together for more than a decade, sacrifice their career because some offence occurred. You have to love their professionality. :D In the end they prove more and more that they lack a lot of qualities necessary to keep up in the showbiz.

QueenBee
28-06-2009, 21:40
Is it true what Utada supposed and has he to fear unfriendly remarks from Yul-viz fans?
That's the question, of course! :p Maybe he is, maybe not, but people are very quick to judge because they can't handle that Tatu have fallen apart, even if it were without Parviz.

Also; I doubt he is the reason Tatu broke up (maybe someone knows better) but as for how Yulia changed since she met him; I'm not so sure... it seems to me more that she has her own view of what Parviz wants and she wants (wanted) to be that way. Plus the fact that she wants to be glamorous superstar. ;)

Does the truth about Lena's and Yulya's relationship hurt so much that people blame third parties (Parviz) for their fights?
I would never ask such a question. I'm smart enough to realize it's true, like everyone else with half a braincell. :p (That of course doesn't apply to everyone, but a lot of the Parviz haters hate him because he is "ugly" or something equally ridiculous. Now those fans, I do not quite understand...)

little_polar_bear
28-06-2009, 22:31
I would still only and first of all ask if the girls would have recently been so much into t.A.T.u. (like non-existent) if they = Renski's ideas were successful. Since we will never know that, it doesn't matter at this moment. If they don't work together, why should they stay in contact?! The situation has changed, Lena remained with a team that Yulia might consider jerks (which wouldn't make Lena look any better) and maybe a certain, temporal distance and a small solo success will teach them once again what they have had with t.A.T.u.. I don't see them being anywhere close to t.A.T.u.'s (early) ideas and songs and can therefore really understand fans/former fans that say they don't care about their solo projects.

Yves
29-06-2009, 16:15
If that's true, I wouldn't be very surprised... they didn't seem to spend any time together privately. I always assumed it was because they saw each other so often, but maybe their friendship wasn't so strong outside of the workplace?
Right. She just said that they're not in contact cause they are pretty busy with their stuff. It's normal.

little_polar_bear
29-06-2009, 17:04
Well, from Anka's report you can see that Yulia, being also in a rather bad mood at the fan meeting with Enni probably, said that if she and Lena had contact (which is rare, rare, rare) "Insults, insults." What ever that might mean. Then better not communicate or take some time and then speak openly and honestly which they may not have done for ages. Not only did their press attache used to have major problems in communication as it seems and their "motivation" didn't help to get them sit and talk together, I suppose. We'll see.

Utada
29-06-2009, 19:08
Also; I doubt he is the reason Tatu broke up (maybe someone knows better) but as for how Yulia changed since she met him; I'm not so sure... it seems to me more that she has her own view of what Parviz wants and she wants (wanted) to be that way. Plus the fact that she wants to be glamorous superstar. ;)

From my own experience, when in "love", we make adjustments, and change things about ourselves. Seemingly, It makes us human...
For example
My best friend. She started dating this hard core PERVY to the extreme rocker dude. Shes an outgoing preppy person. When she started dating him, everything changed!. She clothes, rocker/goth, as well as music. She started acting meaner. And the worst part, the sexuality!. We all have limits. She never was pervy around people. For crying out loud, she was about to .... him, since he wanted it that bad! Luckily, we stopped her from making a mistake.

I know shes not the only one. We change who we are when we feel in "love". I done it to. I do think that Yulia's personality has change since she started dating him...
:)

Argos
29-06-2009, 21:10
I do think that Yulia's personality has change since she started dating him...
:)
Yulya's personality changed much with her first child, and she changed considerably after the birth of her second child, but Yasinov? I don't see it. She dated him since May 2006, three years ago, so...

If you would have said that she changed after Parviz began snooping under other women's skirts I'd agree! :laugh:

QueenBee
29-06-2009, 21:31
If you would have said that she changed after Parviz began snooping under other women's skirts I'd agree!
Safety first, Parviz! :rose:

SoporAeternus
30-06-2009, 19:36
Parviz fault u.u

manatsu103
02-07-2009, 04:57
Why are we talking about Yulia so much in the "Lena" topic. lol. :D

AshMcAuliffe
02-07-2009, 09:50
Yeah, Yulia get out of Lena's thread!!!!!

little_polar_bear
02-07-2009, 18:56
Lena will most likely start to work together with the band only next week, therefore she might be still in Moscow at the given moment.

MalchikGeiBrand
06-07-2009, 13:53
^ White guys cross dressed up as Harajuku Girls? They'll fit in over in Eastern Asia already!
At least it'd be some sort of image... :p *cough*

She is going to need some selling image to make the project go places though, if they're wanting to be more than independent solo fun or something like that. I could imagine them going simple and she'll end up like "I'm so elegant and so classy~~ *insert high note* Woo!!! *hair flip* I'm the sophisticated girl with a male backing band ohhhhhhh."
I make it sound more awful in text. ):

Or she could just keep her hair in an uninspired pony tail and wear one of her various sweaters and sweatpants and let the current Tatu management fix up something to call that a "concept"...

QueenBee
07-07-2009, 02:59
They could go behind her, always dressed in tuxedos and she could go as an ellegant Russian girl... :gigi:
Omg that would be hot. Like a Bond girl. Microphone in one hand, martini in the other :coctail:

MalchikGeiBrand
07-07-2009, 03:49
Omg that would be hot. Like a Bond girl. Microphone in one hand, martini in the other :coctail:

.... omg
That could probably work. XDD

That will be the album artwork! She'll look all seductive and the band guys will be in the background with their tuxes and be "lol mysterious". And of course the cover editors will get bored and decide to photoshop her hair even more red and her curves even more curvy and then *bam* we have possibly Russia's latest representative superstar.
She'll eventually earn the cheesy title, "Russia's Ravishing Redhead~~" :gigi:

Oh, fantasies.

QueenBee
07-07-2009, 04:19
MalchikGeiBrand, she should totally go for it! A glamorous, mysterious woman with a bit of oomph, luckily she has quite a nice personality that would help her be unique and not like every other glam girl. :p And I wouldn't say no to seeing a bunch of hot guys in tuxedos. :D

I'm just hoping she can pull off her solo career without being boring. I don't know how much the management has to say, but I always wondered what the girls' personal ideas were. I REALLY hope she can be a bit creative on her own this time.

fanoff
07-07-2009, 14:01
I REALLY hope she can be a bit creative on her own this time.

I think Lena's solo will be the continuation of t.A.T.u. Once they will say that it's nothing ever tried and it's going to hit the charts but,lack of a proper label and with a little(or no) promotion it'll be just like t.A.T.u. in HS era.I just hope I'm wrong this time and management will surprise us.

I already see the headlines... "From Lena with love...", "Hot Russian redhead wins the toplists!"

Are you serious?

Endri
07-07-2009, 20:39
Guys, why do you worry so much about headlines, charts and sales? As long as it's good music, it's ok. I love listening to "Happy Smiles" even though it's wasn't successful at all. I just want Lena to do something new, new music, new style. Nothing else is important (at least for me).

MalchikGeiBrand
07-07-2009, 22:00
Guys, why do you worry so much about headlines, charts and sales? As long as it's good music, it's ok. I love listening to "Happy Smiles" even though it's wasn't successful at all. I just want Lena to do something new, new music, new style. Nothing else is important (at least for me).

I pretty much agree with you. I was just playing around with my cheesy headlines, obviously. We like fantasizing! :p It would be cool to see some kind of fun image from her though.

I don't know what their aspirations for this project is though. If they want to be more than just "independent girl that just has songs and not much else" and actually want to make it somewhere, then they're going to have to have some kind of concept.
Preferably something more interesting than the obviously fake "heartless humans! Invalid people! Run before they laser you!" image that they tried giving Tatu.

robbie
08-07-2009, 11:22
From Troy's twitter

Sitting around, catching up, throwing ideas around. Lena, Sven, Domen, Steve & me.

QueenBee
08-07-2009, 11:57
Yay for ideas! :D
And yay for Sven :heart: (and Troy a little bit too)

MalchikGeiBrand
08-07-2009, 17:21
Yeah, even if all she does is just simply record and release music, I'll listen to them if I like it. But I'd much prefer it if her music could get somewhere on the run as well, if that's what they're aiming for.

And more news from Troy, of course. :p I can't help but think this feels more like a new "band project" than an actual "solo project" of Lena. It's practically Tatu's live band minus Yulia.

mulder
08-07-2009, 17:48
It's practically Tatu's live band minus Yulia.

It is Tatu's live band minus Yulia.

Nice to hear they're back in the studio. Let's hope for some more songs. We want the album out by Christmas guys :D

Endri
08-07-2009, 19:15
I'm wondering whether it will be a new music band or the guys are just working for Lena's album.

fanoff
08-07-2009, 19:50
Guys, why do you worry so much about headlines, charts and sales?

I'm not worrying but if they have no attention from non-fans,I don't think they will be making music in further future.If the aim is not reaching the wide audience,what's the point of making an album?And Renski is providing the money,he sure would want to make profit of it.In his blogs,he mentioned the songs would be hit,so they want to hit the charts.One last thing,I want Lena to be successful without Yulia and those fake images because she has talent and deserves to have a good place in music history.And I love her!

MalchikGeiBrand
09-07-2009, 02:14
It is Tatu's live band minus Yulia.

Oiiiii that's what I meant. I use the word "practically" irrelevantly out of habit, sorry. :p

I agree with fanoff. I won't be surprised if Lena's as bored with the "DON'T BE A FAKE HUMAN!" concept as we are, too. D: I hope Lena get's to put a lot more creative input.

Edgar
09-07-2009, 10:15
I'm not worrying but if they have no attention from non-fans,I don't think they will be making music in further future.If the aim is not reaching the wide audience,what's the point of making an album?And Renski is providing the money,he sure would want to make profit of it.In his blogs,he mentioned the songs would be hit,so they want to hit the charts.One last thing,I want Lena to be successful without Yulia and those fake images because she has talent and deserves to have a good place in music history.And I love her!

I don't agree what she has talent but she deserves( I mean she need many vocal lessons).

MalchikGeiBrand
09-07-2009, 13:20
I don't think she can't sing, I think she just doesn't really know how to use her voice sometimes. Vocal lessons wouldn't hurt though whatever the effect may be. She sings live a lot better than she used to, without her awkward teenage live singing voice... :gigi: Unfortunately Yulia overused her awkward teenage voice and we all know the story. D: So give them both lessons!

Neither Lena or Yulia really have substantially amazing voices, but they can sound nice and they both have two very distinct voices. I don't hear many other singers that sound like them. If Lena's solo project goes somewhere, like on Russian radio channels as a start, listeners will probably be able to tell that it's her.

I'm pretty sure I said this exact thing in another post but aw well.

Edgar
09-07-2009, 22:40
Yes, Lena could do vocal lessons for a year... While Yulia, well... Does Yulia have a decade to spare?! :gigi:

:bum:
I wasn't talking about Yulia but if you wanna talk about her, I can..............
Does Yulia have a decade to spare? A decade ?????????
A lesson or two lenssons aren't a decade. Are you talking seriously? :confused:
Now in my opinion about them, talent is natural endowment or ability of a superior quality. I've thought always that Yulia has more talent that Lena. Ok Yulia screwed herself in the past. But it's not to say that Lena has more talent that her now

If I was a productor it would to choose Yulia because although she needs more things, she got a unique vocal
Yulia needs :
Vocal lessons
help your voice ..... etc

Lena needs:
Vocal lessons

If anyone could get what yulia needs she could be a unique singer because of her voice but have you ever heard lena sing the high notes on not gonna get us or something like that and besides singing in low voice is easy almost anyone could do it and it sounds good because yo dont have the concecuense of screwing up you just sing to your self on a microphone and you have an editor behind you always =D
do you know the basics of singing? or anything at all to say that lena is better than yulia ? and lena has a very comun singing voice most pop "artist" have that kind of voiceif you can tell but it all depends who has a better voice here not who knows how to sing because in pop you dont need tecnique at all you just need to have a beautiful voice (a very comun one well thats basiclly but if you go to diferent types of music you can tell the diference)

MalchikGeiBrand
09-07-2009, 23:30
Lena has sung the high notes of NND/NGGU a few times. She sings the highest NND note in the demo, and she sings just as high again in chelovechki. She's actually sang the G4 note a lot. :p

Neither of them have sung any higher or lower than each other. The highest note sung in Tatu I believe was a G5, and both Lena and Yulia have hit them in different songs.

Yulia's never really sang high notes. She yelled them. Even in their old recordings, Yulia didn't sound like she was in a right "comfort zone" when she would sing in an upper register. She never really had the vocal type for singing high notes. Yes, she could yell them, as she's a chest-singer and her voice was younger, but some times the kind of screaming she did was a huge no-no when it comes to singing. The screaming sounded cool with the right special effects, but it's not really a healthy way to use your voice.

And I never really thought Lena had a "common" singing voice. :| Neither of them sound very common to me. So perhaps Lena's singing style is common, but that isn't really anything to pick on.

Endri
09-07-2009, 23:33
Yulia's never really sang high notes. She yelled them.True. It's so sad that they cannot sing Not Gonna Get Us live anymore. :(

Edgar
09-07-2009, 23:50
Lena has sung the high notes of NND/NGGU a few times. She sings the highest NND note in the demo, and she sings just as high again in chelovechki. She's actually sang the G4 note a lot. :p

Neither of them have sung any higher or lower than each other. The highest note sung in Tatu I believe was a G5, and both Lena and Yulia have hit them in different songs.

Yulia's never really sang high notes. She yelled them. Even in their old recordings, Yulia didn't sound like she was in a right "comfort zone" when she would sing in an upper register. She never really had the vocal type for singing high notes. Yes, she could yell them, as she's a chest-singer and her voice was younger, but some times the kind of screaming she did was a huge no-no when it comes to singing. The screaming sounded cool with the right special effects, but it's not really a healthy way to use your voice.

And I never really thought Lena had a "common" singing voice. :| Neither of them sound very common to me. So perhaps Lena's singing style is common, but that isn't really anything to pick on.

ok look like you said lena sing them yulia yells them but lena sings in a very low voy yeah the tone of her voice is high but her volume is low she she cant do and diafragmatic screaming or any of those things and lenas singing is very comercial and they never past g4 and besides why dont you like yulias screaming ?

MalchikGeiBrand
09-07-2009, 23:59
Yes, they've past a G4 a few times.

Yulia screams a G5 in Show me love, Lena sings a very high harmony of a G5 in Malchik Gay, for a few examples. I have my keyboard right next to me so I can tell. :p
I agree with you that Lena has a very soft voice, which is why she is in the back a lot, though.
And I never said I don't like Yulia's yelling. I said people aren't supposed to scream too much in music, because it's not healthy for a persons voice to do the kind of screaming she did sometimes.
What I mean is, Yulia had a good powerful voice, but they shouldn't have made her try doing those really high notes.

Also, I still don't really hear any other pop singers that sound like Lena. Yes, they sing similar to her - there's only so few vocal types in the world. :| But I haven't heard anyone sound like her or Yulia.

Endri
10-07-2009, 03:55
But I haven't heard anyone sound like her or Yulia. That's why we love them. :heart: :D

they shouldn't have made her try doing those really high notes. I totally agree with you.

Flo181
10-07-2009, 11:48
New Twitter entry by Troy:

In the studio guys! All is well here in sunny LA. Domen laying down some bass. Steve & Lena relaxing

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/6636/16501890.jpg

Utada
10-07-2009, 17:30
I really wonder what Lena's true range is? What notes she goes between. I am able to To about F3, but to about Ab7(whistle reigster)(Male soprano here!).
I would say Lena does Mezzo, but to me her voice doesnt sound comfortable in the higher registers

AshMcAuliffe
10-07-2009, 18:06
Pictures as always are welcome :)
All this info continues to give hope

MalchikGeiBrand
10-07-2009, 18:41
Endri, what's sad about it though is those high notes kind of became their trademark. NGGU wouldn't be the same without all that screaming Yulia did. The majority of their music was written to suit both their ranges, but while Yulia had the vocal energy, she was losing her range too because of it.

And thanks Flo181!

I really wonder what Lena's true range is? What notes she goes between. I am able to To about F3, but to about Ab7(whistle reigster)(Male soprano here!).
I would say Lena does Mezzo, but to me her voice doesnt sound comfortable in the higher registers

I wonder this too. xD I think Lena is a mezzo. Both Lena and Yulia hit an F3 in FOTW. A voice hits an G5 in the first version of Prostie Dvizghenia, but I can't tell if it's Lena, Yulia, both, or some backup singers. Lena's vocal qualities seem more suiting to the upper range. She has a "head voice" singing type, and doesn't really strain on high notes much, she just sounds tired doing them sometimes. I also think that you can tell someones comfort range by the way they casually talk because it's their natural voice. Lena sounds kind of "sweet" and talks in a loud, high voice :p so I'd say her comfort range is medium-high; pretty much a mezzo.
I'm confused about Yulia though. I think she might be an alto but I wouldn't say for sure because while she has a bit of a dark tone, she doesn't have that "booming" low feel to her voice people tend to associate altos with. Then again my friends are considered altos in choir and their voices are kind of like Yulia's. Hm.

Mind you all, I am open to accept any corrections on my flaws in this post. I am no music teacher. I am a 16 year old singer wannabe. :p

Flo181
10-07-2009, 18:50
It looks like Lena and the guys recorded a new demo - new facebook entry by Troy:

Troy MacCubbin In the studio with the guys! I'll be taking lots of pics today. post them so you can check them out. We started anotehr tune yesterday thats sounding really cool. Something Domen, Sven and I wrote. Showed it to the guys and everyone really liked it. Now Lena's recording some scratch vocals and its coming together nicely!

Thanks to Nai (tatu.ru)

Kasimir89
10-07-2009, 21:57
thank you all for the infos. seems, that lena project is working quicker than t.a.t.u. Maybe Yulia somehow "stops" the development...? OK stupid thought, i see.

robbie
11-07-2009, 16:01
My bitches at the studio !

http://twitter.com/TroyMaccubbin/

QueenBee
11-07-2009, 16:11
Haha! Love him. :D

Endri
12-07-2009, 01:30
Some updates from Troy Maccubbin's Twitter

Yeah nike & Athena were enjoying the music coming from the studio. Another song roughed out, now onto the next idea.

This is such a great band effort with everyone contributing so much to each song. U guys are going to hear finally a group effort.

It's going to be hard to choose what songs end up on the album. Lots of cool sounding music happening!

EDIT: The idea table! http://twitpic.com/a9vmj

jamaica
14-07-2009, 20:11
This just in (about an hour ago) from David Coury (http://www.davidcoury.com/)'s Twitter (http://twitter.com/DavidCoury/):

Remember Tatu and Lena Katina?...working in studio with Lena todaySee tweet here (http://twitter.com/DavidCoury/status/2636269506).

According to his bio, he's a performance coach as well as a master voice technician, studio vocal producer, musician, speech therapist and communication expert.

I'm not entirely familiar with him so I don't know whether he's great or whatever, but in any case, I think it's great that Lena is working with someone who can possibly help her sing better in English.

AshMcAuliffe
14-07-2009, 20:15
she's so doing everything right at present. :)
Go Team Lena GO!

QueenBee
14-07-2009, 20:23
Imagine how awesome it would have been if Tatu had been like this :(

LenoDumas
14-07-2009, 22:34
thank you jamaica

AshMcAuliffe
14-07-2009, 22:45
David Coury's website which tells you more about him and his work.
http://www.davidcoury.com/
All i can say is that she has gotten herself a brilliant vocal coach!

QueenBee
14-07-2009, 22:49
AshMcAuliffe, whoaaaa he seems great. :eek:

AshMcAuliffe
14-07-2009, 22:51
I know!!! After seeing some of the people he was worked i'm so looking forward to seeing the results!

QueenBee
14-07-2009, 22:53
AshMcAuliffe, he's even been on Extreme Makeover! Lol :D

Flo181
14-07-2009, 23:07
Somehow he's hot. :dead: http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/116/l_ca7b22db3bcde03472889b6c8c9c8059.jpg

I hope they'll work with more professional people from Los Angeles together! But this news definitely sounds good.

AshMcAuliffe
14-07-2009, 23:09
AshMcAuliffe, he's even been on Extreme Makeover! Lol
OMG! :lol:
He's obviously very well respected at what he does. I think we should all take this as a brilliant sign!

little_polar_bear
14-07-2009, 23:24

Absolutely. I guess the last time they had vocal coaches was when they were recording DaM and we have to thank Universal/Interscope for that. Pathetic if you think about it now.

Vicente
15-07-2009, 01:19
Hot! :D

A good day at the studio! http://twitpic.com/admne

MalchikGeiBrand
15-07-2009, 01:23
Lena Katina? With a tan?
Or is that just the lighting... :p

And I'm glad she has that professional vocal guy working with her.

QueenBee
15-07-2009, 01:23
Aaaaaaaw, she's beautiful! :D

Serduchka Fan
15-07-2009, 01:30
Lena Katina? With a tan?
Or is that just the lighting... :p

I'm pretty sure that's just the lighting :) Nevertheless, she looks gorgeous! :D

Talyubittu
15-07-2009, 02:33
My hopes are raised high for Lena and the band. True artists will come out on top, good work guys.

parasun
15-07-2009, 02:37

Seriously!!! Why didn't they do it sooner? She has always sounded beautiful, so I can't wait to hear her after training...

Talyubittu
15-07-2009, 02:39
Seriously!!! Why didn't they do it sooner? She has always sounded beautiful, so I can't wait to hear her after training...

Because Tatu had a piss poor producer. Both before and after 2004.

parasun
15-07-2009, 06:35
Because Tatu had a piss poor producer. Both before and after 2004.

Oh, yeah... :grustno: