Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Sports and Entertainment

More easily known as MAdM

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 16-08-2004, 03:56   #1

Send a message via AIM to ypsidan04
More easily known as MAdM

So, anyone familiar with/like/love etc. the, intriguing, that's the word, Melissa Auf der Maur, former bassist of Hole and The Smashing Pumpkins? Just this year she released her first solo album - it's quite possible that you've heard "Followed the Waves" on the radio - and I've come to like her as of late. Her bass/guitar playing and her voice - I'll get to that later - are really quite good. Sometimes there's lapses in lyric writing, but for the most part she seems to be quite a good musician. And she's not all that good looking, but not bad either.

Now, maybe her best advertisement - next to playing bass/guitar - is that she has the sexiest singing voice I think I've ever heard. It's just how she says certain words. And on top of that, she's not afraid to write a song that is full of sexual references.

I bought her album, about a week ago, on the strength of just the one single, and that's almost unheard of for me to do that. Usually I won't buy an album unless I've heard at least a couple songs previously, or if it's a band that I already know well. Neither in this case. And for the most part I wasn't disappointed. A few songs are a little too mushy (Where have you gone my love? blah blah blah ), but other than that I really think it's good music. And I'd recommend it.

biography
video

Anyway, I'd like your thoughts...
Old 22-08-2004, 12:44   #2
a kind of fresh madness

I was immediately intriuged when I heard that Melissa was going solo. I was a big fan of Hole during the 'Celebrity Skin' era so I already knew she was a good musician (although I never liked Smashing Pumpkins).
I had intended on getting her album when it first came out but I never got around to it. The only tracks I've heard so far are the singles - 'Followed The Waves', 'Real A Lie' and I saw the video for 'Taste You' on MTV2 this morning. I've liked all of them, I couldn't really pick a favourite.
I never thought of it untill you mentioned it but I suppose she does have quite a sexy voice. I don't think she's particularly attractive physically though so maybe that's why I'd never noticed before.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...
or is it just to humour us before we die?
Old 09-09-2004, 18:18   #3

Send a message via AIM to ypsidan04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossopp
I don't think she's particularly attractive physically though so maybe that's why I'd never noticed before.
Yeah, you're right. But sometimes, it just doesn't matter.

'You dont have to be half naked to be successful. Just be talented' - Amy Lee
ReplyPost New Thread