Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Sports and Entertainment

Athens 2004 - General Olympics thread!

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 05:26   #1
Harrumph.

Athens 2004 - General Olympics thread!

Woohoo!! Victor Estrada qualified for Tae Kwon Do in Athens!! The TKD team is Mexico's strong card in the olympics. ^_^ As you can notice, I'm happy.

So, the Olympics are coming up and I'm pretty excited. I've always loved those games. Even used to miss school to see them . How are your countries teams going on qualifications, guys?
Old 03-02-2004, 11:31   #2
My Waking Hour

I wanted to make a thread about the Olympics but that would seem a bit patriotic

What category is Estrada? We have some strong cards in Tae Kwon Do too ( olympic medalists and all )

We're gonna have a baseball team...I wonder if we're gonna have a softball team too
Old 03-02-2004, 11:58   #3
Участник

Some girl from Australia won a gold medal in Tae Kwon Do as well

So what's everyone's favourite event?
Old 03-02-2004, 12:08   #4
My Waking Hour

archery...and canoe kayak, modern pentathlon
Old 04-02-2004, 06:42   #5
Harrumph.

Tae Kwon Do, weight lifting, and olympic gymnastics. Both men and women.

spyretto, he's in the -80 Kgs Men category. And yeah, in Sydney, a greek man won gold on that same category.
Old 04-02-2004, 22:45   #6
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
I swore I'd go to Athens back in 2000 when the Sydney olympics were finishing. But not anymore. I went to Athens last year, it was nice but I don't wanna go back to the same place so soon.

My favourite is definitely Male 100m sprint. The classic of the athletics world. And right after that the 800m for women where our lady Jolanda Ceplak will hope to FINALY beat that evil half-male beast from Mosambic - Maria Mutola (that woman scares me, definitely).

We won gold in rowing back in Sydney so I definitely have expectations for that as well...

I definitely think though that sports such as football or tennis are out of place in the Olympics... simply because Olympic tournaments are just not as competitive as the World Cup in Football or a Tennis Grand Slam tournaments. Seems like not all countries take it seriously as far as the Olympics are concearned.
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Old 05-02-2004, 07:13   #7
Don't dream it, be it!

I think it's fitting that the athletics events are the centrepiece of the Games. I also like to watch the gymnastics and diving competitions; two sports that don't usually get very much media coverage. I think Paula Radcliffe (Marathon World Record Holder) is set to be our big Olympic heroine.
Old 08-02-2004, 20:51   #8
Gaga ftw!

Send a message via AIM to Khartoun2004 Send a message via MSN to Khartoun2004 Send a message via Skype™ to Khartoun2004
Oh! I just love the olympics! Winter, summer its all the same to me.

I've always loved to watch swimming, when I was four I wanted to be an olympic swimmer. But I soon realised swimming isn't for me because my calf's always cramp up in the water.

Personally though if I had to pick between the winter and summer games, I'd have to go with winter. I watch just about every sport in the winter games except curling (I never could figure it out and it bores me). Plus I'm a short track speedskater so its always fun to watch short track.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Yeah, cause you're my rock star in between the sets
Eyeliner and cigarettes
Old 10-02-2004, 00:48   #9
Don't dream it, be it!

I also have a sneaking regard for the Winter Olympics. Even though many think it's as cheesy as f**k, I love the figure skating. I was very impressed with the young Hungarian skater who finished 4th in the women's competition at last week's European Championships. Was her name Victoria Pavuk? Something like that anyway. I think she's a star of the future.
Old 10-02-2004, 03:23   #10
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
I love the winter ones as well which is kinda obvious considering we are an alpine nation. Although winter games get FAR less exposure then the summer ones.
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Last edited by freddie; 10-02-2004 at 10:06.
Old 10-02-2004, 04:48   #11
Harrumph.

We're no good at winter ones. Maybe because it hasn't snowed in 62 years in here. :P
Old 10-02-2004, 10:09   #12
Участник

Can anyone watch the entire opening ceremony non-stop? I can, but its pretty boring. lol
Old 10-02-2004, 11:20   #13
Just say maybe

I'd say I'm a bigger fan of the Winter Games than the summer event.

Last time around I was pleased beyond belief with the performance Alain Baxter put in to come third in the slalom. Britain's first ever skiing medal, or so it seemed. And then to get banned for using the wrong kind of nasal spray. I wasn't happy.

That said, I also love the summer games very much. It's the athelitics I'm looking forward to, but I always find myself taken by an event I never thought I would be.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Stay in the underworld with me.
Old 11-02-2004, 04:44   #14
Harrumph.

taty994945, I do. Of course I take breaks to eat a sandwich or take a leak, but I usually look at it all. :P
Old 12-02-2004, 14:07   #15
Участник

Yeah, otherwise your eyes get sore.
Old 13-08-2004, 05:40   #16
My Waking Hour

Lots of Greeks are thinking of booing the USA and Israeli teams in the opening ceremony. I wonder if it's going to happen, to make it a bit more interesting,

but then again with all the official oh please-let-me-kiss-your American-arse for letting me host the games, oh-I-feel so much better now bullshit then, probably not. The Greeks had to spend 3 times more money than the Australians on security just for the Americans to feel "safe".
Special vip guest to be George Bush senior...sitting next to Tony Blair.
Old 13-08-2004, 05:47   #17
the unattainable kish

Send a message via ICQ to kishkash Send a message via MSN to kishkash
nothing is ever going to change

Next olympics in canada baybay!!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Ze origional p.I.m.p
karens quote of the day: 'If i were gay it'd be so much easier'

forkMeRaw | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ urmamawantsme@hotmail.com ]
Old 13-08-2004, 06:07   #18
Участник

In the cycling, I reckon Cadel Evans for the men’s and Nicole Cooke for the women’s, road races.

I like the Olympics.
Old 13-08-2004, 06:14   #19
Участник

I hope the Olympic games will go through safely with no terrorist attacks! We already have enough people on this planet dying for all the wrong reasons!
Old 13-08-2004, 06:17   #20

Send a message via AIM to ypsidan04
I know you've heard that Iraq upset Portugal in their first Olympic soccer game since 1988. I watched the whole game, and I think that's real cool. Hope they can win more.

I like the Winter Olympics more, though.

Quote:
Next olympics in canada baybay!!
Well, not the NEXT olympics. But soon enough, in 2010. Which means that NYC has somewhere near zero chance of landing the games in 2012. That'll probably be Paris.
ReplyPost New Thread