Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum General discussions

Kremlin Cup tennis

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 04-10-2003, 00:15   #1
Участник

Send a message via MSN to zebu
Kremlin Cup tennis

Is anyone watching Kremlin Cup from Moscow on TV?
There are lot of Russian players this year in the tournament.

Do you think Julia or Lena will stop by to see some tennis?
(I say Jeljcin today in the crowd when Zvonareva was playing)
~~~~~~~~~~~
pogledaj da li me mozes presnimiti
Old 04-10-2003, 00:21   #2
*gasp*

Send a message via MSN to Devilish Yulia Send a message via Yahoo to Devilish Yulia
hmmm more tennis....the only russian player i know is Anna Kournikova or how ever u spell dat last name of hers!...im sure everyone knows her from a certain music video she appeared in!

Quote:
Do you think Julia or Lena will stop by to see some tennis?
well lena might not but yulia should have some interest since she has been playing for 5 years.....although i would LOVE t see yulia play herself!
~~~~~~~~~~~
(¯¨´*·~-.¸¸,.-~*´¨~Ð¥_çHrÎ$§î?!~¯¨´*·~-.¸¸,.-~*´¨)
When the visions around you,
Bring tears to your eyes, And all that surround you,
Are secrets and lies, I'll be your strength, I'll give you hope,
Keeping your faith when it's gone The one you should call, Was standing here all along...
Old 04-10-2003, 01:11   #3
Участник

i wish i could watch the tennis but they only show grand slams here.
Old 04-10-2003, 11:15   #4
Участник

it's on Eurosport every day, today are the semifinals: Pistolesi-Myskina and Dementieva-Mauresmo this is also a ATP tournament so there are also male semfinals today.

Quote:
hmmm more tennis....the only russian player i know is Anna Kournikova or how ever u spell dat last name of hers!...im sure everyone knows her from a certain music video she appeared in!
nowdays there are so many really good Russian tennis players Dementieva, Zvonareva, Petrova, Myshkina and young Sharapova.maybe if there's a Russian in the final Tatu will come,I'll tell you if I see them
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 04-10-2003, 11:25   #5
Участник

yep, russsian tennis players are on the rise. together with the women players you mentioned, on the mens side there are up and comers such as mikhail youzhny (won the davis cup for russia in 2002), Nikolay Davydenko and established players like Marat Safin (2000 US Open winner) and Yevgeny Kafelnikov(1996 French Open winner/ 1999 Australian Open winner, 2000 gold medalist).
Old 04-10-2003, 21:39   #6
Божественная красота

Send a message via AIM to YLuelniaa Send a message via MSN to YLuelniaa
well i can't see cause all we have here in the US playin is college football...bleh or NASCAR...
Old 04-10-2003, 21:44   #7
My Waking Hour

speaking of Anna , everybody pronounces her name wrong, innit? You should know better you Russioglotes. She even does it herself, the Americanised ex "prodigy"
Old 04-10-2003, 22:01   #8
Bitchka

ehhh, eurosport - wish I got that here - but I only get USA cable TV so for sports I only get American Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey.... and maybe occasionally something else.
I like watching tennis, but since it is not a grand slam, we dont get to see it - so update us on the results, please zebu .
But since football or soccer is kind of female sport here - the World Cup gets a bunch of coverage right now. And I have to say I watched how Germany kicked Russia's a$$ 7:1 !!!
And funny enough - the big reason for that loss was the golley - Volkova but not Yulia, her name is Alla.
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 04-10-2003, 22:54   #9
Участник

well today I only watched the beginning of match Myshkina-Pistolesi, but heard afterwards Myshkina won 6:2,6:0 and Mauresmo beat Dementieva 6:4,6:1 so the final tomorrow is Mauresmo-Myshkina, I didn't see Yulia or Lena but Jeljcin was again in the crowd. The crowd wasn't full even though a Russian was playing, but maybe tomorrow for the final it will be.
It's nice to watch live coverage from Moscow.

In the mens draw Sargsian beat Spadea and Dent beat Mathieu, last years winner.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 05-10-2003, 01:21   #10
Божественная красота

Send a message via AIM to YLuelniaa Send a message via MSN to YLuelniaa
haha yea i know what your talkin about CAF...i was like whoa...7:1...poor people in Russia stayed up to see them lose that bad....pity...well watchin tomorrow to see Germany lose to the US...w00t w00t
Old 05-10-2003, 01:24   #11
My Waking Hour

coolasfcuk I'm sure that ESPN or another sports network shows those smaller tournaments in the US too. And I'm sure the coverage will be better than Eurosport's which is usually quite woeful..
Old 05-10-2003, 08:30   #12
Bitchka

Quote:
coolasfcuk I'm sure that ESPN or another sports network shows those smaller tournaments in the US too. And I'm sure the coverage will be better than Eurosport's which is usually quite woeful..
spy, are you kidding?? I get both ESPN and ESPN2 and there is no such thing. They are the ones covering the Womens Soccer World Cup.... and that was ESPN2 (not everyone gets that) and ESPN has mainly American Football, Baseball, Hockey blaaaaah... look at their TV Listings - Major League Baseball, National Football League, etc - that is why I dont watch too much TV
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!

Last edited by coolasfcuk; 05-10-2003 at 08:39.
Old 05-10-2003, 11:51   #13
Участник

I take it Anna's name should be pronounced Anya, then Spy? And what time is that Myskina - Mauresmo final on? That should be a good match...I get all the sports channels...I'm loaded, you see. And I too have been wondering if either of the girls would make an appearance at the Kremlin Cup. OK, I'm going to switch the TV on now - it's 2pm Moscow time.
Old 05-10-2003, 11:53   #14
Участник

So Myskina just won 2 and 4...and Boris Yeltsin went wild, no sign of Yulia or Lena though. Personally, my favourite player is Justine Henin-Hardenne - she's a purist's wet dream, let me tell you.
Old 05-10-2003, 12:26   #15
Участник

I saw the match, Mauresmo was playing pretty bad, and yeah Jeljcin went wilder then Myskina

maybe Y&L will come watch men's final,who knows if anyone is interested it is on Eurosport this evening 23 CET, they don't have live coverage.

before my favourite tennis players were Pierce and Kournikova, but know I don't know, maybe Sharapova (btw she just won Tokyo title today )
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 05-10-2003, 12:40   #16
Участник

Yeah, it was a good weekend for the Russian babes.
Old 05-10-2003, 12:47   #17
Участник

my favourite womens player is also Justine Henin-Hardenne. boy, she is so powerful for such a little person. However, i think her backhand is a bit overated.
Old 05-10-2003, 12:55   #18
Участник

I dunno - I'm not sure if I prefer Justine's whipped flat backhand or Mauresmo's more flamboyant topped affair. That match that Justine played against Capriati in the semis of the US Open was a classic though - the most exciting event of the year since Eurovision for me (yes, I am a sad bitch). But I don't want to think about Eurovision...
Old 05-10-2003, 12:57   #19
ex-sunnich

Send a message via ICQ to la aurora Send a message via MSN to la aurora
hehe... Zebu, u forgot to mention Lina Krasnorutskaya. She isn't bad either. Don't forget not so long ago she beated Klisters (however her nameshould be really spelled )

And about football... huh... female football isn't popular here. Male's shame is enough for Russians. It's the game we love with all our hearts and from time to time our team makes us being proud but... most of the time we feel frustrated and keep watching it anyway. I looove this game *cough* and not only coz 2 our young forwards Kerzhakov and Sytchev are extremely cute
Old 05-10-2003, 13:04   #20
Участник

Yeah, it's a shame Russia hasn't got the national team it deserves. Now that France have won the World Cup in my lifetime (thank you God!) I would like to think I'll also see England and Russia lift that golden trophy in the not too distant future (ie before I'm 50).
ReplyPost New Thread