Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Sports and Entertainment

Tennis thread

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 06:57   #741
My Waking Hour

Federer third time lucky if he meets him?

Yeah that sounds like a good way to spend your rain time but are these foods for free? Lol
Cause for 50+ euro a day I'd rather watch the tennis
Old 03-06-2007, 07:34   #742
Primetime Anchor

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyretto View Post
Yeah that sounds like a good way to spend your rain time but are these foods for free? Lol
Cause for 50+ euro a day I'd rather watch the tennis
You can watch it for free at home. Going to the tournament is about the athmosphere too. Then, during the current tournament they had only 1 day of a disasterous rain when they played like 7 matches out of 24 planned. Luckily, the tix for that day were not very expensive as it was the beginning of the event. All in all, going to RG is taking some risks.

And if it wasn't for the rain, I wouldn't have get tix for the next day. Telling you, it's all up to you.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Olga | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ ritzer@hotmail.com ]

Latest News:
| Tatu gallery | Current News | News Archive
Old 03-06-2007, 07:39   #743
My Waking Hour

So how were the people who went on Sunday compensated for practically watching no matches?
Monday wasn't that great either, they finished some matches but what, after 6 hours delay or so...
Old 03-06-2007, 09:04   #744
Primetime Anchor

Quote:
So how were the people who went on Sunday compensated for practically watching no matches?
No compensation at RG, I guess. It's like a lottery. When people buy tix, they are aware of that. The best bet is to check the weather forecast and buy the tix on the street in this case. You pay more but you get what you want.

And how people are compensated for rain delays at Wimbledon, Aus Open, etc?

P.S. As far as I know, there's no rain compensation at Wimbledon either. So, what do the Brits complain about?
Here's all comensation they are offered (more than 2 hours of play, no compensation):
http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/about...s/weather.html

Then, there's an evening programme for each day. If you want to see matches after 5 PM, you can get tix for big courts at a reduced price. What I mean is that the organisation is flexible and quite good.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Latest News:

Last edited by forre; 03-06-2007 at 09:25.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:00   #745
My Waking Hour

On Wimbledon they give them free squash and biscuit

Well, watching the beasts now vs the diminutive women. Poor Garbin no chance vs Vaidisova, the beast that failed Safina poor vs the queen beastess Serena, and steroids queen Kuznetsova and Ivanovic are next.
What can those poor women do?

Hey, there is compensation at Wimbledon from what you posted. Half the ticket's price back if less than two hours are played, full if less than one hour is played. First day , was definitely less than 2 hours at RG. Did the organisers compensate?
Old 03-06-2007, 11:24   #746
fancy topping

Williams - Safina is fun, they keep on talking, screaming and "moaning" haha!
~~~~~~~~~~~
(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('') "your love is enormous, it's lifting me up"

Anaïs | Pie crust's lover | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. | [11] |
[my fansite]
Old 03-06-2007, 11:33   #747
My Waking Hour

Yeah it was so fun
Old 03-06-2007, 11:49   #748
Primetime Anchor

Quote:
First day , was definitely less than 2 hours at RG. Did the organisers compensate?
They abolished compensation 3 years ago. Before, it was the same as at Wimbledon. So, the main trick is that normally there's always some play. The first day it was more than 2 hours of play, so even if it was Wimbledon, no one would get any compensation.

Serena seems to be in a good form. I wonder, how far it can bring her. Interesting indeed.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Latest News:
Old 03-06-2007, 11:51   #749
My Waking Hour

The Brits are good with compensations. They have a different mentality when it comes to business, very positive.

Anyway, so far no good, Serena, Vaidisova and now Ferrer...Volandri plays badly today and I loath those one sided matches
you didn't miss anything forre so far.
I think Serena will crash out sooner or later cause everybody says she'll win...my two cents.

You're sure it was more than 2 hours? There was 1.5 sets of Federer if I remember correctly in the main court..Serena match that finished early and Safin. not much else.
We're talking over 2 hours of play on EVERY court not just anywhere. you can't be in 2 places at the same time
Well, looking back Serena's match it lasted 2 hours and 6 minutes...and that was the only match played in Lenglen
close
But court 1 had Safina only and that was in straight sets. The court 1 people should have been compensated!

Last edited by spyretto; 03-06-2007 at 12:01.
Old 03-06-2007, 14:18   #750
Primetime Anchor

Quote:
you didn't miss anything forre so far
I saw like half of a game of Safina/Williams. LOL. Ok, I'm glad that Serena won. I became a big fan of girl since I saw her live. She's superb in all terms. Funny, expressive, a good tennis player and a good fighter.

Hopefully, I'll have a chance to watch Davydenko/Nalbandian tonight. That's the match I'm looking forward to.

P.S. spyretto, I'm dropping this discussion on compensation because the tournament is just fine. It's a grand slam and it's spectacular.

A close up on Youzhny during his practice
~~~~~~~~~~~

Latest News:

Last edited by forre; 03-06-2007 at 15:25.
Old 03-06-2007, 19:08   #751
My Waking Hour

The French are getting very partisan now. Sharapova got a routing today and I don't understand what for. Yeah she won and they wanted Schnyder to win, but Schnyder blew her chances. It's not Sharapova's fault.

Anyway that match was very tense, very close, lots of breaks of serves and kept me on the edge of my seat.

Same thing from the crowd with Nalbandian now, Poor Davydenko has to lose to satisfy them.
The funny thing is that they never get it their way; must be poetic justice

There we go Nikolai wins...they're still booing
somebody even threw a ball on him while he was signing autographs and he made him leave.,,idiots

Last edited by spyretto; 03-06-2007 at 19:19.
Old 03-06-2007, 19:46   #752
Primetime Anchor

Yep, Davydenko is in a great form. If the guy could beat Nadal, then he's not all that bad.

Davydenko
A close up on Anna Chakvetadze
~~~~~~~~~~~

Latest News:
Old 04-06-2007, 07:04   #753
My Waking Hour

Maybe the crowd is right about Sharapova, she was very obnoxious during the match. But If you saw the action, the controversy started when Schnyder was receiving at 30-0, and stopped, waiving to show she wasn't ready but the camera showed she did it when Sharapova had already started her movement. The official wouldn't hear a word and awarded an ace to Sharapova for the 40-0.
She then changed her racket midway in the next game when she was 40-15 and got a warning for it. People say she did it to disrupt Schnyder's rhythm.
Schnyder missed 2 match points , and frankly she should have taken this. Sharapova was there to lose but Schnyder went awol for big periods in the match and allowed her back.
Oh well, now she'll probably have an easy match v Chakvetadze and reach the semi, but the booing might continue.
As for Kolya, he's in great form, he could give Federer a match. One of my favourite players, actually
Old 04-06-2007, 09:24   #754
Primetime Anchor

Rain here in Paris but not a long one. I think it'll be on and off during the day. I hope they delay the matches a bit so I won't need to get stressed coming to RG. I missed Moya the other day but we'll see him playing today against Björkman. Jess... Björkman is ancient. I wonder where he got his current form from.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Latest News:
Old 04-06-2007, 09:45   #755
Участник

Quote:
Originally Posted by forre View Post
Rain here in Paris but not a long one. I think it'll be on and off during the day
Not good for Hewitt's chances against Nadal. He hates heavy conditions. But hopefully it will be a good long match.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:50   #756
Primetime Anchor

Quote:
Originally Posted by taty994945 View Post
Not good for Hewitt's chances against Nadal. He hates heavy conditions. But hopefully it will be a good long match.
Yes, let's hope as Hewitt is normally a real fighter. I should have stayed at home today because I won't have a chance to see Hewitt/Nadal playing. Tix for a wrong court again. LOL.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Latest News:
Old 04-06-2007, 13:12   #757
My Waking Hour

Boring matches...hope Baggy - Andreev and Hewitt - Nadal are a little more interesting.
Not impressed with the quality of the matches this year, only a handful were really competitive. Best of 3 is the best way to go for tennis, best of 5 slows things down a lot.
As for the womens, the level of the top 7-8 is so much higher that the others seems hopeless when they play them.
Old 04-06-2007, 17:41   #758
My Waking Hour

my predictions for tomorrow:

Serena
Jankovic
Sharapova

Not sure about the other match would prefer Ivanovic though

Mens:

Davydenko ( after some consideration, I just hope Kloya shows his quality. But Canas is a huge scalp on clay - probably a 5 sets match)
Federer

Going safe
Old 04-06-2007, 19:46   #759
Primetime Anchor

Björkman/Moya was a slow motion play. My eyes were closing and gradually I was falling asleep. They both looked pathetic too. I hope Moya gets kicked out as soon as possible.

Baggy/Andreev was a good match. Andreev was complaining nearly all the match and got a warning. Most of the audience supported Baggy though.

I checked the street price for tomorrow matches and they are between 200 and 300 euro. That's criminal. I'm considering watching the matches on the TV. At least I won't miss any of them. He-he.

spyretto, Are you sure about Serena? Justine is a better player and Serena still has loads with unforced errors. She's a fighter though. Anything can happen.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Latest News:
Old 04-06-2007, 19:51   #760
fancy topping

I hope I'll be home early tomorrow, I don't wanna miss Williams-Henin

who won today? I was studying like crazy and I just sneak a peek on the very boring nadal-hewitt
~~~~~~~~~~~
(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('') "your love is enormous, it's lifting me up"

Anaïs | Pie crust's lover | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. | [11] |
[my fansite]
ReplyPost New Thread