Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum General discussions

Me Against the Music - Video

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 24-10-2003, 22:04   #61
viva la scientology!

QueenBee, damn! I wonder how she tried to explain that.

Really, I don't know what the big deal about Britney is (and ever was). She's really not that special.
Old 24-10-2003, 22:06   #62
kis$ it

Send a message via AIM to Lux Send a message via MSN to Lux Send a message via Yahoo to Lux Send a message via Skype™ to Lux
it must be an American thing. europeans must not see how HOTTTT britbrit is.

TvA - start running! the chase is on...

HAHAHA

this is a fun debate and *cough* i take all of it very seriously.
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete™ forever

I never thought it would be this clear | Lux [ light-ness@hotmail.com ]
Old 24-10-2003, 22:09   #63
viva la scientology!

Lux, so you only like her cuz she's hot? Or is it that amazing singing talent? She's a great dancer tho, I'll give you that.
Old 24-10-2003, 22:11   #64
pie crust

Lux, no I don't have a body like hers. But just because you think she is hot, doesn't mean that everyone else thinks so too. I don't think that she is the ugliest person in the universe, but I don't think that she is hot. I can have a body like hers, I can airbrush myself too you know. And if you put on those.. (I don't know what they are called - those boobs denial was talking about the ones you stick on).. yeah, those stick-ons.. if you use those, then your boobs ARE fake. Because you have attached something to them to make them look bigger/whatever.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]
Old 24-10-2003, 22:12   #65
we shout

Quote:
Originally posted by Lux
this is a fun debate and *cough* i take all of it very seriously. [/b]
Lux .. I undestand .. LOL ..for you

cirrus ..who the hell care why we like Britney.. if you don't like her .. so be it ..

Like Britney said..."If you don't like me, don't watch me" ..da..

Queenbee .. those "stick-on" things is like putting a makeup or a wig or pad on your butt .. the thing is what beneath it is REAL .. and sometimes it shows ..
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you
From all the crazy schemes

You traded in your wings
For everything freedom brings

You never left me
You never let me
See what this feeling means
Old 24-10-2003, 22:15   #66
no....

i wouldn't say britney isn't a bad singer.

Do you have any idea how difficult it is to carry a song on your own? It's not as easy as it seems. I was very impressed when she sang on SNL... that Everytime song. She just doesn't really BELT it out... but i think she can, i remember seeing her on starsearch... she sang her little heart out there.

She's not a talentless hack? You want a talentless hack...?? :: starts to list off some of the most horrendous rap he's heard... lets start with the person who wrote that song "Right Thurr" ::

And i just don't care, i'm like one of the 5% of straight men who couldn't give a crap about girls breasts. hahaha. I do like the curves though [ thinks ]. Britney has Potential i think... she just needs a musical and general education.
Old 24-10-2003, 22:15   #67
pie crust

Hmm.. Well I find it quite stupid to like someone just because of their looks. As Tyra Banks said (and this is about models, but still on-topic) "Models aren't born, they're made". If you have a personal trainer, stylist, make-up artist, blah blah.. You can look like Britney Spears too. Not that I'd want to look that "ugly". Don't tell me you like Tatu because they are "gay"?
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 24-10-2003, 22:20   #68
we shout

QueenBee, I like Britney because of her looks, her musics, her voice, her dance, her body, herself .. most beautiful is the latest song Everytime ... she wrote.

Thats the same way I like t.A.T.u ..
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you

You traded in your wings

You never left me
You never let me
Old 24-10-2003, 22:23   #69
pie crust

denial, that's good Although I can't understand HOW you can like her for her voice.. But I respect you nontheless sweetheart.

I must admit, I liked Britney's first album. It wasn't too bad, with nice catchy songs.. But then her second album came out and I slammed it against the wall after I heard the first song
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 24-10-2003, 22:23   #70
kis$ it

Send a message via AIM to Lux Send a message via MSN to Lux Send a message via Yahoo to Lux Send a message via Skype™ to Lux
Helllllllloooooooo

don't we all like ppl for their looks? when you see someone you're attracted to, isn't that based on their looks? how do ppl date anyway

looks are a part of attraction and it's very natural, doesn't make anyone shallow. but to base everything off of looks is just wrong and yeah i'm rambling but look where this thread has gone and where is it going

for miss D
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete™ forever

Old 24-10-2003, 22:28   #71
viva la scientology!

denial, I respect that. But it's hard to not care about Britney when it's impossible to not watch her or hear about her. Everyone's got an opinion on her, I guess. I just don't think she's so deserving of all the attention and credit given to her. But if you like her, that's awesome. I don't wanna look like a jerk and insult someone's music taste.

Lux, yeah we all like people for their looks. But to only like them for their appearance (not that you do) Is shallow.
Old 24-10-2003, 22:31   #72
kis$ it

Quote:
Originally posted by Lux
looks are a part of attraction and it's very natural, doesn't make anyone shallow. but to base everything off of looks is just wrong
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete™ forever

Old 24-10-2003, 22:35   #73
pie crust

Looks ARE a part of attraction.. But can't everyone here just agree that popstars would not be as huge as they are (or huge at all) if they didn't look great?

I'm POSITIVE that there are PLENTY of people who like Britney JUST for her looks.. There are people like that everywhere. They like Tatu, Britney, Christina, all those people..

We see someone who doesn't like Tatu for their music. We bash them and say that they are bastards. Then we go drool over Tatu pics.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 24-10-2003, 22:37   #74
kis$ it

i think i was talking about boobies at some point but ....

pop stars have to be stellar in looks, style, and moves. pop music is the kind of music that appeals to the masses in a very basic way. it's fun to dance to and blast in the car. but to listen to and derive meaning? nah. [save for tatu and that's why they are above the rest] it's appeal to the masses in the most generic way. pure logic there.

*goes back to watching MATM*
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete™ forever

Old 24-10-2003, 22:39   #75
we shout

..its a "Commercial Value" things .. its attracts and it sells .. t.A.T.u has that too...

Lux .. for you again ..
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you

You traded in your wings

You never left me
You never let me
Old 24-10-2003, 22:58   #76
Bitchka

oy, what has happened here.... the video, the video ... how aboout that bed frame...
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 24-10-2003, 23:02   #77
no....

DENIAL!! GET ON ICQ DAMMIT!!!

Anyway.... i think that Britney Spears is one of those "Hate Her Lover Her or don't think about her" kind of people. But she does have a unique thing that sets her apart from the others and vise versa. I think we're going to have to live with her... she ain't going down. And yes, she is very hot... and she's the IT thing so every lackey out there who is pathetic enough to follow the latest big trend to keep her and the other pop acts alive.
Old 24-10-2003, 23:04   #78
Участник

In a way, MATM is very similar to ATTSS in its symbolism. Not in the particulars, but in that it is very calculated. Madonna in white. BS in black. Madonna is old, while BS is young. Madonna as the jaded experienced one, and BS as the young virginal one. Madonna using a cane, which is more commonly a male accessory.

The maze/corridor (lost, searching, Madonna leading a BS in a chase), the bed frame (seemed like a cross between a bed, and a strippers pole), and the swing are all blatant sexual references.

The collaboration between the two is a commercial win-win deal. BS gets taken more seriously by associating with someone of Madonna's accomplishments and talent, while Madonna gets more exposure to a younger audience who might otherwise view her as over the hill. Think how doing duets helped Carlos Santana get exposure to a younger audience. Even Frank Sinatra did this.

Like so much stuff today, the video is better than the song, but that isn't saying much. I've never cared much for BS's voice (sounds too nasal, almost buzzing at times).
Old 25-10-2003, 12:29   #79
pie crust

I just saw The Making Of "Me Against The Music".. It looks alot scarier when they have to re-take everything.. And this time I actually noticed how much make-up Britney has on I think it looks really cool though *Power to make-up* The end was funny too, 'cause they sorta made fun of the bodyguard
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 26-10-2003, 23:23   #80
I Want Her

The video is awesome so is the song, britney fucken rocks always will.
ReplyPost New Thread