Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU Solo Projects Julia Volkova

Julia running to be a politician

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 30-04-2021, 03:53   #1
Участник

Julia running to be a politician

Quote:
Chart topper to poll topper? Singer from Russian pop duo t.A.T.u. enters primary to represent ruling party in upcoming election

According to United Russia, the country's ruling party, singer Julia Volkova has formally applied to take part in the primaries for a parliamentary seat, with State Duma elections upcoming in September.

She will run in Ivanovo, a city 250km east of Moscow. Well-known as a major center for textile production, the Ivanovo Region is now one of the country's most impoverished areas per capita, according to official statistics.

“Today, Julia Volkova personally came to the organizing committee of the regional branch of the party and submitted documents to participate in the primary procedure of United Russia,” a party representative said.

Writing on Instagram, Volkova announced that she had “taken the first step” toward becoming an elected politician.

The Ivanovo election will also be contested by Yelena Välbe, a three-time Olympic champion and current head of the Russian Cross-Country Skiing Federation. Following the primaries, set to take place in May, the election will go ahead on September 19.
https://www.rt.com/russia/522462-tat...arty-election/

Quote:
Singer from Russia’s scandalous ‘lesbian’ girl band Tatu vows to take on Putin’s enemies as she stands to be an MP

SCANDALOUS Tatu star Yulia Volkova is battling to become a Russian MP after ditching pop for politics.

The former member of the outrageous "lesbian" duo plans to stand in September’s parliamentary elections to take on Vladimir Putin's rivals.

And she already has the backing of officials from United Russia - the huge country's ruling party.

“I have taken the first step,” she said, vowing Putin’s political foes “will not catch up with us”.

However, she did not give any more details about her political manifesto or her views.

Eighteen years ago she and bandmate Lena Katina caused a storm when they burst on the international scene as Tatu.

They caused controversy across Europe as they kissed and cuddled on stage while wearing skimpy school uniforms.

Children's groups reacted with outrage amid claims their act was a marketing stunt promoting homosexuality among vulnerable teenagers.

In Britain, she enraged Richard Madeley and Judy Finnigan who launched a campaign to ban a pop video showing them romping in the rain for their 2002 No1 song All The Things She Said.

ITV refused to play the clip on Ant and Dec's morning music show CD:UK, insisting: “It is not really suitable for children.”

At their height, Volkova and Katina, both now 36, defied their critics and topped the charts in many Western countries as well as Russia.

Sergei Perminov, deputy secretary of the United Russia general council, confirmed Volkova had been registered in an open primary to be a candidate for the country’s parliament - or State Duma - from Ivanovo.

“Volkova is participating,” he said. "We are an open party - we invite everyone to participate in our selection procedure, bold candidates, interesting, bright, honest, professional.

"People will decide who is worthy to represent them in the State Duma.”

The election is likely to face widespread criticism amid the banning of supporters of jailed Putin foe Alexei Navalny whose FBK foundation is poised to be officially labelled "extremist", making it illegal.

Meanwhile pro-Putin parties are seeking to recruit new loyalist candidates to give them a fresh face.

After the pop group broke up in 2011, Volkova embarked on a solo career as a singer and actress.

Two years ago she hit the headlines after fans slammed her for plastic surgery which “changed her face” and made her look “scary".
more https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/148000...utin-election/

Uhm... the only thing I actually think about is the second hand embarrassment Lena must be feeling, is Julia ok?

Last edited by robbie; 01-05-2021 at 12:53. Reason: added more info/ Robbie
Old 30-04-2021, 15:02   #2
Участник

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeronicaF View Post
https://www.rt.com/russia/522462-tat...arty-election/

Uhm... the only thing I actually think about is the second hand embarrassment Lena must be feeling, is Julia ok?
We’ll need to wait and see! Some say it’s just to make some money by promoting this party, so I’ll guess we’ll figure it out soon enough.
Old 01-05-2021, 12:54   #3

Added one more article by The Sun (UK).
~~~~~~~~~~~
R | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ e-mail ]
Old 02-05-2021, 10:46   #4
Участник

It surprises me The Sun published this! It’s been a while since they last said a word about them...
Old 15-05-2021, 21:34   #5
Участник

The irony of it is probably that Vladimir Putin is 100% a Lyudi Invalidy, yet Julia vows to oppose Putin’s enemies... in general I think Julia has an issue with picking toxic & abusive men starting off with Vika’s father (I’m currently reading the t.A.T.u. story book where it’s mentioned there were some issues with Sidorov), she also had quite a good relationship with Vanya who pushed girls too far sometimes, also a year ago she got assaulted & stuff... now she’s gonna be standing up for Putin who was involved with literal poisonings, assassinations & brutal violence. She’s lost it
Old 19-05-2021, 11:15   #6
Участник

Quote:
The irony of it is probably that Vladimir Putin is 100% a Lyudi Invalidy, yet Julia vows to oppose Putin’s enemies... in general I think Julia has an issue with picking toxic & abusive men starting off with Vika’s father (I’m currently reading the t.A.T.u. story book where it’s mentioned there were some issues with Sidorov), she also had quite a good relationship with Vanya who pushed girls too far sometimes, also a year ago she got assaulted & stuff... now she’s gonna be standing up for Putin who was involved with literal poisonings, assassinations & brutal violence. She’s lost it
Let’s see if her political career doesn’t go too far to be involved in Putin’s dirty issues. Here’s a video of Ivan talking about Yulia (it starts at 27:44):

https://youtu.be/o3BjjTVq3mY

And here’s another small video: https://youtu.be/ZmjAmBVyyKo

Here you have another one: https://youtu.be/EbaO5JZwCYs

Last edited by Qirek; 19-05-2021 at 13:01.
Old 23-05-2021, 03:15   #7
Участник

Thank you so much for posting! Can anyone translate or explain what they said more or less, thank you!
Old 23-05-2021, 16:59   #8
Участник

Quote:
Thank you so much for posting! Can anyone translate or explain what they said more or less, thank you!
Yulia's message is about the problems in Ivanovo region, how she wants to address them and so on.

Ivan says he's not suprised about Yulia's decision, because you can expect anything from her and she's capable of doing this. He also says that during t.A.T.u. Yulia didn't show any interest in politics. When he's asked about what happened to Yulia going from a person who took part in a group in which two girls kissed to a politician who wants to enter the Duma, he says this a move from the party.

This is what I understand more or less, but my level of Russian isn't that good, so I hope some of the fans who know more Russian than me can correct me and complete the info .
Old 27-05-2021, 01:23   #9
My Waking Hour

From a poster girl for the LGBT community to a lackey of Putin's party. How times change. But she was a sheep back then and she'll be a sheep now only with her true colours about the gay community showing.

To be honest even with this kind of allegiances I don't think she will be elected. Even in Russia people are not that dumb.
Old 27-05-2021, 09:23   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyretto View Post
To be honest even with this kind of allegiances I don't think she will be elected. Even in Russia people are not that dumb.
My thoughts exactly, she's not gonna win this.
~~~~~~~~~~~
R | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ e-mail ]
ReplyPost New Thread