Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Sports and Entertainment

The 'Emo' Thread

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 16-12-2005, 00:35   #181
Ice_Cream

Send a message via ICQ to Rachel Send a message via AIM to Rachel Send a message via MSN to Rachel Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel Send a message via Skype™ to Rachel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossopp
I dunno what his reasons were.
Its always horrid when someone in a band you like dies. Especially in such bleak circumstances.
I don't know why anyone would wanna get into the industry when it appears such a high percentage of these people end up either overdosing themselves with drugs by accident or committing suicide.

Is it the focus on them that does it? Or is it something that has always been there?

Offtop:
Sorry, I'm going off topic a bit but I want your opinion.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Tatutaty: "Horny Rachel is her name. Masturbating is her game. Fucking, sucking, licking too. Wouldn't you like some Rachel screw? *batteries not included*"

PuddleQueen | Rachel | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ rm6405@hotmail.com ]

My music playlist on Last.fm
Old 16-12-2005, 00:44   #182
a kind of fresh madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel
I don't know why anyone would wanna get into the industry when it appears such a high percentage of these people end up either overdosing themselves with drugs by accident or committing suicide.
People start bands because music is their passion and what drives them in life. Music is my life and it's the only thing I care about. Nothing would deter me from persuing a career in music.
People don't go into it thinking that they might die from an overdose or end up committing suicide. Truth is, if a person has suicidal tendencies or an addictive personality the chances are they'd end up killing themselves whether they got into the rock industry or not.

Quote:
Is it the focus on them that does it? Or is it something that has always been there?
Perhaps the focus has something to do with it. Kurt Cobain is a prime example of someone who just couldn't handle fame and so ended up topping himself. But Kurt was a junkie so the chances are he would have died from an overdose at some point whether he was the frontman or Nirvana or not.
It's the senseless waste of life that really gets to me. John from Bayside was killed in a traffic accident just over a month ago. One minute the band were driving along the highway in their van, the next minute the van has hit a patch of black ice, flipped over and John is dead.
Similarly the death of Dimebag was just fucking horrible - shot by some crazy fucker while he was up onstage doing the one thing he loved most in life, playing music.

I dunno. It's a fucked up world we live in.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...
or is it just to humour us before we die?
Old 16-12-2005, 00:49   #183
Ice_Cream

Send a message via ICQ to Rachel Send a message via AIM to Rachel Send a message via MSN to Rachel Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel Send a message via Skype™ to Rachel
Ok, don't attack me for this coz I'm certainly not looking for a fight or anything, but why is it that so many of the people that kill themselves are in that kinda genre of music?

Or maybe I'm generalising too much
~~~~~~~~~~~
Tatutaty: "Horny Rachel is her name. Masturbating is her game. Fucking, sucking, licking too. Wouldn't you like some Rachel screw? *batteries not included*"

Old 16-12-2005, 00:57   #184
a kind of fresh madness

Rock music tends to focus on the darker side of life and the human psyche. I think the problem with people like Kurt Cobain and Layne Stayley and Ian Curtis and any other tragic figures of their like was the fact that they overanalysed everything too much. If you think about life too deeply you will become pretty depressed. Their negative nature was expressed in their music.
Although with Layne and Kurt you could also argue that living in the heroin capital of the world didn't help them any. Can anyone name a band from Seattle that hasn't had a problem with heroin?
Basically what I'm trying to say is that people who have dark thoughts are gonna make dark music. While happy-go-lucky people who are also probably a bit brain-dead are gonna make pop-lite shite such as Sluts Aloud and Westlife.
Did that make any sense? I'm kinda tired right now.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...
Old 16-12-2005, 01:02   #185
Ice_Cream

Quote:
Rock music tends to focus on the darker side of life and the human psyche. I think the problem with people like Kurt Cobain and Layne Stayley and Ian Curtis and any other tragic figures of their like was the fact that they overanalysed everything too much. If you think about life too deeply you will become pretty depressed. Their negative nature was expressed in their music.
Yeah, I think that is true, overthinking causes you to question everything in life. I think everyone has probably experienced that in some point of their life.
Quote:
While happy-go-lucky people who are also probably a bit brain-dead are gonna make pop-lite shite such as Sluts Aloud and Westlife.
True, but they certainly also have their own problems - eating disorders etc, so behind all that smiling and cheese I'm sure there's a lot of pain too.
Quote:
Did that make any sense?
Yep
~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 06-11-2006, 05:45   #186
Gaga ftw!

Send a message via AIM to Khartoun2004 Send a message via MSN to Khartoun2004 Send a message via Skype™ to Khartoun2004
I'm bring the 'EMO' thread back because I'm feeling particularly emo right now.

I re-took Mossopp's test in the first post and got a score of 71.7% EMO... hmmm...

Anyway, my question for the masses is... Would you consider Panic! at the Disco "emo" or just sell-outs and why?
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Yeah, cause you're my rock star in between the sets
Eyeliner and cigarettes
Old 06-11-2006, 06:11   #187
Bitchka

pleaseeeeeee, kill the emo... and what the hell is a 'sell out'? hypocracyyyyyyyyyyyy
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 06-11-2006, 10:36   #188
M

Send a message via Skype™ to sakuya
Guys, more tolerance please.. Everyone is as they are..
~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm not a HOE, I'm a WHORE! And I have a video tape to prove it.
Old 06-11-2006, 12:33   #189
Redhaired poet

I look like I'm dead and I'm dressed like a homo
I must be emo

Emo's are hot And I really like to talk to them and stuff, they're cool.. But there are so many wannabe's and I hate them -_-' Blegh
Old 06-11-2006, 13:26   #190
M

Send a message via Skype™ to sakuya
*read all topic*
Damn.. This reminds me of one person, who is screaming *ME IS EMO! ME KNOW EVERYTHING BOUT IT*. Yeah righttt.. I think its kind of sad.. I like emo music, but that do not mean i cant say MCR's new CD is S*it (no offence mcr's fans, it is just IMHO). Anyways i think that it is Bulls*it when people try to prove that they are emo, listen only to emo music and so on.. I think it is an complex, that you may be a poser...
~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm not a HOE, I'm a WHORE! And I have a video tape to prove it.
Old 06-11-2006, 18:00   #191
Gaga ftw!

Send a message via AIM to Khartoun2004 Send a message via MSN to Khartoun2004 Send a message via Skype™ to Khartoun2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasfcuk
pleaseeeeeee, kill the emo... and what the hell is a 'sell out'? hypocracyyyyyyyyyyyy
Don't kill the real emo kids... just the scenesters, cause they suck.

A sell out is someone who starts making music for the love of making music and then just does it to make as much money and become as famous as possible.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Yeah, cause you're my rock star in between the sets
Eyeliner and cigarettes
Old 06-11-2006, 20:51   #192
"... I love birds"

I love EMOs some are fuckin hot!!!!! I dont really know what music to class emo, i just like what i like!!
Old 06-11-2006, 21:28   #193
Psychic Vampire

Send a message via MSN to Fallen_Angel
*walks into tread* im emo *walks back out*
~~~~~~~~~~~
Slow down
Boy, you don't wanna let me down
You better stop, you know what
Oh, don't call me funny bunny
I'll blow your money, money
I'll get you to my bad ass spinning for you
Oh, I'll make it easy, honey
I'll take your money, yummy
I've got my bitches standing up next to me
Old 06-11-2006, 21:31   #194
"... I love birds"

i get called Emo as an insult but im like who gives a shit, im me!
Old 06-11-2006, 21:50   #195
a kind of fresh madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khartoun2004
Anyway, my question for the masses is... Would you consider Panic! at the Disco "emo" or just sell-outs and why?
They are a prime example of sell-outs! Take it from someone who's met them. They're dickheads who are only in it for the money and fame.
If we're judging them purely on the music then no way are Panic! "emo". It's basic pop music. Nothing more.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...
Old 07-11-2006, 02:49   #196
My Waking Hour

Quote:
They are a prime example of sell-outs! Take it from someone who's met them. They're dickheads who are only in it for the money and fame.
If we're judging them purely on the music then no way are Panic! "emo". It's basic pop music. Nothing more.
They sound like a more "poppish" version of emo to me.
ReplyPost New Thread