Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum General discussions

Learning Russian with SP

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 16:00   #261
Участник

oh dear! I hope you all see that I was joking. please realize ulitse is entirely fabricated.
denial, I doubt if my Russian background (largely Tatu songs) is any better than yours. I think some of the words were used in Tatu songs, else I would not have known them. I did not mean to trick you!
Old 07-11-2003, 16:24   #262
Участник

Quote:
Originally posted by denial

спасибо prostrel! *целую*
Well, you have to raise on your tiptoe, my little dwarf...

(I was at the "Height" thread. Practically we all, here at this thread, are a bunch of pygmies. )
Old 07-11-2003, 16:41   #263
Bitchka

Quote:
I was at the "Height" thread. Practically we all, here at this thread, are a bunch of pygmies.
ha ha haaaaaaaaaaa, funny... you know lots of smart people were short

but also... sasha is not that short.. svidish and all she hasnt dropped from the class... just not been able to record because of technical problems.... psssss...sash, sorry I am speaking for ya

wonder how tall our teacher is ..sunnich?

excuse my off top.
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 07-11-2003, 16:47   #264
Echoes among the Stars

Re: ь and ъ

Quote:
Originally posted by denial
Actually I have question, I don't understand this " ь " and " ъ "

What am I to do with it?
They are soft signs and hard signs - when you have a soft sign after a consonant it makes it soft: for example, two words: мать (mother) has a soft т, and мат (bad language) has a hard т - so if you don't make the т soft when you speak you could be confusing them

Hard signs aren't used that often; they used to be written at the end of every word that didn't have a soft ending (like мать), at the beginning of the 20th century I mean - I think it goes back to when every syllable in old Slavic had to end with a vowel, and these 'hard signs' and 'soft signs' weren't just signs then, they were actually vowels in their own right. But now we just have hard signs in words like объект (object), but you hardly ever see it - I think it makes the б hard in that word; otherwise it would be soft because of the е.

Does that answer the question?

prostrel, yes, 'motion verbs' in English - ahhh, what a headache

Last edited by russkayatatu; 07-11-2003 at 16:57.
Old 07-11-2003, 17:11   #265
Bitchka

Quote:
Hard signs aren't used that often; they used to be written at the end of every word that didn't have a soft ending (like мать), at the beginning of the 20th century I mean - I think it goes back to when every syllable in old Slavic had to end with a vowel, and these 'hard signs' and 'soft signs' weren't just signs then, they were actually vowels in their own right.
russkaya, they are associated with the Old Slavic

Here is a little something I found on Old Church Slavonic

see, because Bulgarian is most close to it we use the supposed 'hard sign' ъ as a vowel now and we use it a lot.

edit: been trying to find writings, that show that ъ at the end of the words... so:
Here is how to say your prayer

and more

The Old Church Slavonic Alphabet
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!

Last edited by coolasfcuk; 07-11-2003 at 17:20.
Old 07-11-2003, 17:31   #266
we shout

russkayatatu,
Quote:
But now we just have hard signs in words like объект (object), but you hardly ever see it - I think it makes the б hard in that word; otherwise it would be soft because of the е.

Does that answer the question?
Yes .. срасибо! ..

And Cools thanks for the x-tra info
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you
From all the crazy schemes

You traded in your wings
For everything freedom brings

You never left me
You never let me
See what this feeling means

Last edited by denial; 07-11-2003 at 17:37.
Old 07-11-2003, 17:41   #267
Echoes among the Stars

cool, thanks for those links ...yeah, hard signs everywhere...they got rid of that in the first half of the 1900s I think

so, so, how tall is sasha - you can't just say that and then stop or maybe she can tell us herself when she comes back - hope both she and sunnich fix these technical problems soon

forgot to say before -

Quote:
Originally posted by coolasfcuk
Рейч...heard your file as well... could never tell that you arent Russian
he heee, practice makes perfect what was that you said somewhere about imitating someone...pretending you are them and then almost becoming them...oyyyyy, nu I think I have done something like that

denial , не за что.
Old 07-11-2003, 17:49   #268
Bitchka

Quote:
cool, thanks for those links ...yeah, hard signs everywhere...they got rid of that in the first half of the 1900s I think
ny da, will find out when exactly this weekend.... 'cause I forgot .. ahhh, we are so thirsty for knowledge in here

Quote:
so, so, how tall is sasha - you can't just say that and then stop
well, I will let her tell you ... not super tall though, dont be thinking 6'-0" now

yeaaaah, practice ... and 'imitating' people talk ... best way to learn
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 07-11-2003, 17:55   #269
Echoes among the Stars

OK, now I just looked it up - at the Russian revolution. Although I'm pretty sure I saw Nabokov's pseudonym when he was writing in Europe - which is Сирин - written on a book jacket from the time (must have been at least in the 20s) like Сиринъ, so maybe it took longer for the emigres to adopt the same thing. I'll try to find out more, later today maybe
Old 07-11-2003, 18:14   #270
we shout

OFF Topic:

I found this interesting.... http://www.omniglot.com/writing/alphabetic.htm

and....
I think this one will take sometimes to writes ..
http://www.omniglot.com/writing/ugaritic.htm ... thank God .. this is not cyrillic .. LOL ..

Thanks again Cools..

Quote:
denial , не за что
What this mean?
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you

You traded in your wings

You never left me
You never let me
Old 07-11-2003, 18:26   #271
Bitchka

Quote:
What this mean?
same thing I told you yesterday in translit: 'ne za chto' = 'you're welcome' = 'for nothing'
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 07-11-2003, 20:41   #272
Участник

OMG, those sites were really fascinating! Thank, Cool and D! One of my favorites was "Traditional Mongolian alphabet". How do you leave a quick note to your friend by using T.M. alphabet?
Old 07-11-2003, 21:44   #273
Echoes among the Stars

here's more about OCS - the glagolitic alphabet used before the old Cyrillic:

old Bulgarian, old alphabet

it looks weird, but you can actually write in it - or at least write Old Church Slavonic texts in it
Old 07-11-2003, 22:05   #274
Bitchka

Quote:
it looks weird, but you can actually write in it - or at least write Old Church Slavonic texts in it
dont tell me you can write in it russkaya
I remember studying about it in school and when saying the alphabet, the letters were not pronaunced like: 'a', 'b', 'v'....but they had names...so it sounded like a poem when you were saying the 'Glagolitsa' - what we call the Glagolitic Alphabet- cant remember now... but my mom remembers the first 3-4. I'll ask her and let you know

hope people didnt get too confused looks like only 1-2 letters kept their look...all the others ..LoL
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 07-11-2003, 22:26   #275
Echoes among the Stars

ha haaa, no I can't write in it, LoL - but we had to learn it and do a few exercises in it - then we moved on to Cyrillic (the old Cyrillic) and I've totally forgotten what I did know, although it all looks sort of familiar. I don't think we learned those names but you know, I'll ask my friend for the packet we used, cause she borrowed it from me when she thought she was going to take it, and see what it was exactly...ufff...that was such an easy class; all we did was read out passages - some old story - from 4 versions, one in glagolitic and the other three in Cyrillic, from three different monasteries, and talk about why there were discrepancies (one monk had dative and the other genitive, another one copied the word down wrong, another was using a more modern vocabulary word, things like that) and we talked about the grammar...I forgot all of it And everyone else was Russian and they were TOTALLY lost so it took forever to get through even four lines - this is why it was an easy class

but yeah, hope no one is confused; this is old and hardly has anything to do with modern Russian, especially the LIVE, not 'zaupokoinyi' Russian we're learning here

Last edited by russkayatatu; 07-11-2003 at 22:38.
Old 08-11-2003, 18:16   #276
ex-sunnich

Send a message via ICQ to la aurora Send a message via MSN to la aurora
Hi, kids :P
Sry for being absent for so long... I'm just a professional comp-breaker. It took me almost a week to recover my computer after re-installing my Windows. I forgot my comp is 'proudly made in USA' and just refuses to take all this bootleg software that we have here. So it took me some time to find all those drivers and programmes... uff... nightmare!
I see I missed so much It will take me quite long to get into tempo again Hope, U understand.

Rach, U are a great teacher! Much better than I was. I'm really glad U agreed to run this grammar course.

Denial, dear, loads of homework U've done here. Now it's my turn to be sorry for the delay :P I'll try to comment on as much as I'll be able to. Here's the file for ur cursive writing. [all those как дела? and so on]. Sry for the writing style. My nails are just to long to write properly at the moment

heh... just wanted to say I missed U guys. I had some sound files and pics on my PDA and I was checking them constantly ~me? addicted? no!!! just love u, guys ~

Last edited by la aurora; 08-11-2003 at 18:23.
Old 08-11-2003, 20:52   #277
we shout

Quote:
Originally posted by sunny poison
Rach, U are a great teacher! Much better than I was. I'm really glad U agreed to run this grammar course.
Yes she is, I agree! for Rach

Quote:
Here's the file for ur cursive writing. [all those как дела? and so on]. Sry for the writing style. My nails are just to long to write properly at the moment
Thank you teacher .. .. you are so very nice.. .. I'll do more practice. Oh.. my alphabets is seperated from each other .. I still have NO confident to put them together.. I'm too scared I might not recognize them.. I wish someday I would .. You have a very nice hand writing Val and they looks confident.
PS/ I like long nails teacher.

Quote:
heh... just wanted to say I missed U guys. I had some sound files and pics on my PDA and I was checking them constantly ~me? addicted? no!!! just love u, guys ~ [/b]
I miss you too.. ... A PDA .. wooo ..thats pimp SP..congratulation you get yourself new toy ... ..
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you

You traded in your wings

You never left me
You never let me

Last edited by denial; 08-11-2003 at 21:03.
Old 09-11-2003, 00:18   #278
Участник

Good to have you back sunny poison ! Yes, russkayatatu (Rachel) has been / is a very good teacher but we would be fools if we didn`t say HIPHURREY !!! when we have our other teacher here too. Four eyes see better.

HIPHURREY!!!
Old 09-11-2003, 01:35   #279
Echoes among the Stars

Thanks everyone.... it's easy to teach when the students are so good

welcome back Val - good to see you again !

I'll come up with some more grammar things later this weekend.
Old 11-03-2004, 13:05   #280
iMod

Ok, i have a question...

What does "мультяшный" mean? Please.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]
ReplyPost New Thread