Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum General discussions

Food & alcohol worldwide

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 30-01-2006, 17:41   #41
Ice_Cream

Send a message via ICQ to Rachel Send a message via AIM to Rachel Send a message via MSN to Rachel Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel Send a message via Skype™ to Rachel
Quote:
Originally Posted by marina
YUM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenBee
It's 18 at bars and restaurants etc., it's 20 at the liquor store.
Why?! I don't see the difference. It's not as though people who own bars care whether you're giving yourself alcohol poisoning - they aint gonna keep an eye on you, they just want your cash!

Quote:
But you can buy it at any age ilegally
Thankfully!

EDIT:

Offtop:
I changed the thread title so we can talk about alcohol aswell So no lux, we haven't gone off-topic
~~~~~~~~~~~
Tatutaty: "Horny Rachel is her name. Masturbating is her game. Fucking, sucking, licking too. Wouldn't you like some Rachel screw? *batteries not included*"

PuddleQueen | Rachel | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ rm6405@hotmail.com ]

My music playlist on Last.fm
Old 30-01-2006, 17:45   #42
iMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel
Unfortunately they don't do that in the UK After going to McD's in Switzerland I was shocked to find out that in several countries they sold beer in McDonalds LOL
McDonalds don't sell beer in France either, but it's not because they don't have the right, it's because French people drink very little beer and certainly not while eating.

Laws on alcohol are pretty liberal here i think, the age limit is 16, and you can find alcohol in grocery stores, supermarkets, etc 24/7, even in gas stations, lol.
And prices are rather cheap, which is why British people take the ferries every weekends to buy alcohol on the French side of the Channel.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]
Old 30-01-2006, 17:48   #43
Ice_Cream

Send a message via ICQ to Rachel Send a message via AIM to Rachel Send a message via MSN to Rachel Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel Send a message via Skype™ to Rachel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber
McDonalds don't sell beer in France either, but it's not because they don't have the right, it's because French people drink very little beer and certainly not while eating.
You're all too sophisticated for that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber
And prices are rather cheap, which is why British people take the ferries every weekends to buy alcohol on the French side of the Channel.
LOL Yep Different country but me and a few friends are going over to Belgium in a few months to get a load of cheap cigs & alcohol Ahhh....I'm so British LMAO
~~~~~~~~~~~
Tatutaty: "Horny Rachel is her name. Masturbating is her game. Fucking, sucking, licking too. Wouldn't you like some Rachel screw? *batteries not included*"

Old 30-01-2006, 17:54   #44
Bitchka

omg, i have all my stats wrong LoL ... well, i knew there is something funky going on with the swedes anyway ..... i juyst remember my surprise when i couldnt buy wine for the delicious dinner i was cooking while shopping at the grocery store... which was closing at 7pm by the way LoL

no beer in France either well, it tells you how often i visit McD LoL

marina, since lux is demanding nutritious food, i will assume that those are vitamin gummy bears
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 30-01-2006, 17:56   #45
Ice_Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasfcuk
...those are vitamin gummy bears
I'll say that to my mum next time she lectures me on how much candy I eat LMAO
~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 30-01-2006, 18:00   #46
Harrumph.

Nothing better than sashimi and sake at the local sushi bar. There's several good of those around my house.
Old 30-01-2006, 18:02   #47
pie crust

Quote:
I don't see the difference. It's not as though people who own bars care whether you're giving yourself alcohol poisoning - they aint gonna keep an eye on you, they just want your cash!
Well, if they need that stupid rule, I think it should be the other way around. I mean, what's safer? Getting drunk at some bar by yourself, then having to walk home drunk, or taking it easy in your own home and having a drink? I mean, who gives a fcuk if you get drunk in your house?? It's much safer that way.

I think Sweden completely sucks when it comes to these things.
Come on, even in Denmark you can buy cigs legally at age 16!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]
Old 30-01-2006, 18:07   #48
Ice_Cream

Quote:
I think it should be the other way around. I mean, what's safer? Getting drunk at some bar by yourself, then having to walk home drunk, or taking it easy in your own home and having a drink? I mean, who gives a fcuk if you get drunk in your house?? It's much safer that way.
Yeah, that's definately true.

Risks:
  1. Getting into a fight.
  2. Getting robbed and being able to do nothing about it.
  3. Getting raped.
  4. Getting run over by a car.
  5. Falling over and hurting yourself.
etc

My bro's friend *very nearly* fell off a cliff into the sea while on holiday. They were walking back to the hotel and got lost while *very* drunk Then the next night the guy fell down a ditch and broke one of his legs Yep, the guy drinks rather too much

So yep, MUCH safer in your own home!
~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 30-01-2006, 18:12   #49
Re-Offender

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasfcuk
those are vitamin gummy bears
a dietary supplement !
I am getting my daily dosage of vitamins when I eat my gummy bears.
Old 30-01-2006, 19:12   #50
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
We have a very strict law here prohibiting ANYONE from buying alcohol after 9pm (you can still get it in bars and clubs, of course). Plus you have to be 18 to purchase alcohol legally in the first place. I always need my ID handy, cause they often don't believe me I'm 18+.

Funny story that happened to me in Maine, USA: I tried to buy 2 cans of beer in a supermarket. The guy at the cash register looked at me carefully and said: "Could I see some ID please?", "Sure!" I replied offering him my Slovene ID (my DoB was written on it of course... in two langauges nonetheless slovene/english). He looked at it... passed it on to the manager of the store. They looked at it together, carefully examining it for a minute or so. After that they announced their verdict: "Sorry, sir. We're gonna need to see your STATE ID." I was like: "Wha'? I'm not American... I don't HAVE a state ID." They shruged. I proceeded to futily show them my a) Passport, b) Law Student Card, c) International Student Card (all containing my pic, name and DOB). No, no and no. Nothing helped. They were still willing to part with those 2 cans of beer only if I showed them my State ID. State regulations forced them, they defended themselves.
There was a guy with me in the store (much older and American). I gave him my $20, 2 cans and said: "Fine! So he'll buy them for me!" Or so I thought. "Nope! Can't do that!" manchilds informed me..."if he buys them now it'd be OBVIOUS he's buying them for you." So I had no choice but to take those cans back to the freezer and walk out thirsty, yet still amused as hell. Actually come to think of it I just left them on the counter and walked out. I'm guessing someone with a State ID carried them back to the freezer.
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Old 30-01-2006, 22:42   #51
Bitchka

Quote:
Originally Posted by marina
a dietary supplement !
I am getting my daily dosage of vitamins when I eat my gummy bears.
hihi, but really, the things american's come up with... there are gummy bears that actually do have vitamins: http://www.yummibears.com/ ... i just found that out the other day when my friend had a bottle of them in her car... needless to say i overdosed on Vitamin C
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 30-01-2006, 22:46   #52
pie crust

LOL @ the fireworks!
"It's like this, but in your mouth."

HAHAHAH
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]
Old 30-01-2006, 22:56   #53
Участник

Send a message via MSN to zebu
i loved those candies that do "fireworks" in mouth when lil

laws r very simple here, no alcohol for ppl under 18, stores, bars, caffes... but, when i was underage i had no trouble buying/drinking anywhere and i didnt look older. ive heard theyre a bit stricker now, with cigs too. actually last year a waiter asked me if i was 18 , but i also remember buying cigs and wine for parents when i was really really young with no problems. and alcohol can be bought in all stores, all cafes serve it too, the most handy r those news/tobacco stands that stay open pretty much all night and where u can buy those lil bottles of cheap brandy, rum, vodka...beer too
~~~~~~~~~~~
pogledaj da li me mozes presnimiti
Old 31-01-2006, 00:33   #54
kis$ it

Send a message via AIM to Lux Send a message via MSN to Lux Send a message via Yahoo to Lux Send a message via Skype™ to Lux
i've yet to find a good indian restaurant in this city

there are plenty of good korean, thai, chinese, and japanese food but no indian. nothing good that won't give you explosive diarrhea for a week. trust me..there are true stories.

Quote:
this is for those who appreciate and enjoy fine cuisine. and wine. and champagne.
apparently no one understands that.
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete™ forever

I never thought it would be this clear | Lux [ light-ness@hotmail.com ]
Old 31-01-2006, 02:31   #55
Ice_Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
apparently no one understands that.
Just you Lux, in your own little world
~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 31-01-2006, 03:21   #56
kis$ it

Send a message via AIM to Lux Send a message via MSN to Lux Send a message via Yahoo to Lux Send a message via Skype™ to Lux
just me! all me!!! weeeeeeeee for FINE CUISINE :drunkonself:
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete™ forever

Old 31-01-2006, 07:47   #57
Участник

Send a message via MSN to zelda05 Send a message via Yahoo to zelda05
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddie
Funny story that happened to me in Maine, USA
I can't blame the cashier or manager. Anyway, what hotel did you stay in? They should've had alcohol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
i've yet to find a good indian restaurant in this city
Really! They must have been outsourced to India.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Zelda [ yvfootie7@hotmail.com ]
Old 31-01-2006, 12:17   #58
kis$ it

why were you in Maine? of all places

it is THE place to get lobster or go white water rafting/camping and hiking
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete™ forever

Old 31-01-2006, 22:33   #59
Gaga ftw!

Send a message via AIM to Khartoun2004 Send a message via MSN to Khartoun2004 Send a message via Skype™ to Khartoun2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
what do you consider a good cappucino?
i don't consider any coffee cocktail to be good coffee. anything with more than one kind of flavoring is just liquid candy. and pretty american. don't get me wrong, i barista-d for a year and was great at it and i love making coffee drinks, but i don't consider coffee to be good coffee when it's derived from a candy bar. that's just me. i prefer espresso. if without good espresso i drink coffee black. and when it comes to roasts and blends it depends on the mood and/or time of day.
I only drink espresso, regular coffee tastes like flavored water to me. Multiple flavors are fine as long as they do not over power each other, adding subtle flavors to things, imho, gives them more character. What I mean by "good" coffee is it should above all else taste like coffee. I don't really care how many flavors or syrups a person wants to put in my latte as long as it doesn't overpower the taste of my coffee... If I really wanted to drink something that tasted only like chocolate, I would stay home and drink Chocolate milk.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Yeah, cause you're my rock star in between the sets
Eyeliner and cigarettes
Old 01-02-2006, 12:07   #60
kis$ it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khartoun2004
I only drink espresso, regular coffee tastes like flavored water to me. Multiple flavors are fine as long as they do not over power each other, adding subtle flavors to things, imho, gives them more character. What I mean by "good" coffee is it should above all else taste like coffee. I don't really care how many flavors or syrups a person wants to put in my latte as long as it doesn't overpower the taste of my coffee... If I really wanted to drink something that tasted only like chocolate, I would stay home and drink Chocolate milk.
yes, finally. comparatively, that is what junk food is to me. if people are going to buy a meat cocktail on some bread, or meat and potatoes deep fried in questionable oil, that's fine but it tastes like shit to me.

i drink regular brewed coffee on occasion if the roast and blend is good. most of them aren't, especially in the city, you really have to *look to find a good coffee bar. otherwise you have starbucks and...starbucks.
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete™ forever

ReplyPost New Thread