Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Sports and Entertainment

Movie: The Terminal. A Steven Spielberg film. Cast: Tom Hanks, Catherine Zeta-Jones.

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 29-06-2004, 01:17   #1
Участник

Movie: The Terminal. A Steven Spielberg film. Cast: Tom Hanks, Catherine Zeta-Jones.

Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks have made, in "The Terminal," a sweet and delicate comedy, a film to make you hold your breath, it is so precisely devised. It has big laughs, but it never seems to make an effort for them; it knows exactly, minutely and in every detail who its hero is and remains absolutely consistent to what he believes and how he behaves.

The hero is named Viktor Navorski. He has arrived in a vast American airport just as his nation, Krakozia, has fallen in a coup. Therefore his passport and visa are worthless, his country no longer exists, and he cannot go forward or go back. Dixon the customs official (Stanley Tucci) tells him he is free to remain in the International Arrivals Lounge, but forbidden to step foot on American soil. More...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I truely enjoyed the movie from the beginning until the end. It was funny, moving and most of all it carried a meaning and a new idea - unlike most of the recent Holywood movies.

And the sountrack was GREAT! Jogn Williams showed his true genius in the movie's theme, "The Tale of Viktor Navorski", a light yet melodical composition that brings laughter and color to the movie inself.

If you havn't seen this movie yet - GO!! Go see it now. Or download it: irc://irc.criten.net #TMD-Moviez

I hope you will enjoy the movie as much as I did.
Old 29-06-2004, 03:55   #2
kis$ it

Send a message via AIM to Lux Send a message via MSN to Lux Send a message via Yahoo to Lux Send a message via Skype™ to Lux
oscar plea. save us tom, not another accent. we love you anyway.
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete™ forever

I never thought it would be this clear | Lux [ light-ness@hotmail.com ]
Old 29-06-2004, 04:15   #3
Участник

Lux, what?!
Old 29-06-2004, 06:45   #4
winter days ...

kate i think shes alluding to tom hanks having yet another foreign accent in a movie ... and it possibly being oscar material
Old 29-06-2004, 07:08   #5
Участник

Send a message via ICQ to nath Send a message via MSN to nath Send a message via Skype™ to nath
In the news at the TV , I saw the same story last year: In France, we have a guy who has problems with his papers so he lives in the Charles De Gaulle's Airport for several years !
Everybody knows him so food is given to him...
Old 29-06-2004, 07:43   #6
kis$ it

Send a message via AIM to Lux Send a message via MSN to Lux Send a message via Yahoo to Lux Send a message via Skype™ to Lux
im saying this movie is an oscar plea cause tom hanks has made so many movies, won quite a few oscars, it's not as funny as it could be. he's overloaded in films. hell Dodgeball beat it in the first weekend they came out. btw dodgeball is hilarious
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete™ forever

I never thought it would be this clear | Lux [ light-ness@hotmail.com ]
Old 29-06-2004, 20:15   #7
The Dream is Over, :~(

I don't think this is an Oscar plea.
For one thing, it is released in the summer. You can count the number of summer movies that have been nominated for Ocsars on one hand for the entire 76 years of the Academy Awards. The fall is when you'll see desparate movie begging to be important. Two, it is directed by Stephen Spielberg. Anything that director makes that isn't a WWII movie or a holocaust movie isn't a blantant Ocsar plea. And three, this movie sucks... wait a minute... this is an Oscar plea!

DAMN YOU!!! DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!!!
AAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

PS: Although I am no expert when it comes to Eastern European accents, I thought Tom Hanks' was alright.
Old 29-06-2004, 23:03   #8
Участник

I must admit that Tom Hanks did manage the accent, but he spoke gibberish that sounded like Russian 80% of the time... oh well, I loved his acting and that's all that matters.
Old 01-07-2004, 03:42   #9

Hah, it may not be Oscar-worthy despite enrolling modern day legends director Steven Spielberg and actor Tom Hanks, but it is definitely a movie worth seeing!

Tom Hanks did a superb job at acting as usual, and despite his mediocre Russian for being from a supposed Slavic country, his accent is fine. The supporting cast did an excellent job as well, making for a great dramatic and ultimatley comedic performance.
Old 27-07-2004, 20:54   #10
you'll need love

Quote:
Originally Posted by katbeidar
Jogn Williams showed his true genius
Well I'm beginning to consider John Williams to be less of the genius he's put up to be. Yeah he normally does a suberb job with movie themes, but it's mostly just the theme being worthy of further listening. While other composers like James Horner, Hans Zimmer and Thomas Newman make more complete scores. Normally has tracks that has sub-themes in them and it makes the scores easier to listen to in the long run. But could be it's just because I want to listen to the soundtrack without the movie playing too..

Thank you for the heads up, kate I'm pretty sure I'll go check it out when it arrives in Denmark. As for it sweeping the Oscars normally Steven doesn't get nominated a lot, and if he does he normally don't win. Tom, on the other hand, gets nominated for most of his more serious acts, I think
~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't waste your time on me you're already
the voice inside my head
Old 27-07-2004, 21:35   #11
the unattainable kish

Send a message via ICQ to kishkash Send a message via MSN to kishkash
Im in no rush to c this movie. Its a great story but i can't STAND tom hanks anymore. He needs to know when to let go of a good thing
~~~~~~~~~~~
Ze origional p.I.m.p
karens quote of the day: 'If i were gay it'd be so much easier'

forkMeRaw | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ urmamawantsme@hotmail.com ]
Old 23-09-2004, 20:13   #12
Участник

Send a message via ICQ to nath Send a message via MSN to nath Send a message via Skype™ to nath
Saw the movie yesterday evening and had a double feeling: 1/A smile on the face cause it was a pleasant and kind comedy ...and 2/I was sad.....cause i don't like Unfinished Love Stories... ...Those Catherine & Tom are too stupid...psss....Too romantic here!...
Old 24-09-2004, 03:22   #13
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
They planned to make him a Slovene at first... but they decided against it for these reasons:

a) a political coup in Slovenia is as possible as one in Germany or France
b) he has a slavic accent, that's true. Maybe even south slavic. But it's not slovene AT ALL. Bulgarian more likely.
c) Navorski is not a slovene surname
d) Dreamworks are idiots who don't check their facts...

...so they changed his character to random eastern European from a made up country of Krakozia after our people who live in america gave them hell.

http://www.bsplive.com/Actors/Auditions.htm <---- Look at this announcement for it. It STILL says Slovenia. They changed it at the last moment.
Old 24-09-2004, 03:30   #14
Bitchka

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie
b) he has a slavic accent, that's true. Maybe even south slavic. But it's not slovene AT ALL. Bulgarian more likely.
c) Navorski is not a slovene surname
Navorski is not a Bulgarian surname either..... but i wouldnt be surprised if Hanks is making a good Bulgarian accent, he is married to a bulgarian.

I too, on the other hand dont like Hanks... but I should see the movie... because now i am curious to hear that accent .. and get some laughs... hopefully
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 24-09-2004, 03:39   #15
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
I didn't say the surname was Bulgarian. I only mentioned the accent. Surname is like... Russia. Maybe Polish. Hard to say for me. I think there's sure one or two people here who're named like that, but the -ski surnames are definitely not those of typical slovenes... like Tom.

I liked him once though...back in the 80s. When he starred in Big.
ReplyPost New Thread