Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Sports and Entertainment

Christina Aguilera - The Voice Within video

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 19-10-2003, 03:10   #1
Bitchka

Thumbs up Christina Aguilera - The Voice Within video

Well, I just recently - an hour ago- discovered that X-tina has a new video out and I have already seen it few times....

It is simply amazing - so beautiful. In todays world of fast paste and cutting, a video that is one, long, continuos, powerful shot - fom start to end. And the lighting is so perfect....really bright white....contrasts...reflective surfaces...including her dress. The close up, the complete 360 around the room, the panning...the camera movement ... everything is simple, yet so powerful. ....
And of course I have to add that X-tine simply looks amazing with the dark hair.
And that amazing voice comming out of her little self (5'-2" - hoorah for 5'-2" people = me )

so, here is a link to the video: The Voice Within

Finally, I have to say that I like her more and more with each single/video she puts out.....look at what she has out for the Stripped album already - Dirrty, Beautiful, Fighter, Cant Hold Us Down, and now The Voice Within - wow, talk about variety in videos/style/music. Not bad X-tina
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!

Last edited by coolasfcuk; 19-10-2003 at 03:18.
Old 19-10-2003, 08:48   #2
Участник

Send a message via ICQ to nath Send a message via MSN to nath Send a message via Skype™ to nath
Oh!....it's the first i see Miss Aguilera ....two or three things hurts me a little ..1/ her piercing..it is not the fact that I hate the piercings, especially on the face, but there is a problem with her piercing of the bottom of the vigage... not placed well compared to the taits of her lips and her chin....2/....sorry for that ..but ..i didn't know her!...so don't laugh too much....But WHY to do that to her chest!!!....it looks so artificial!...i suffer for her each time she moves!....3/ her dress will be better in dark....more elegant.....

...but the clip is good...the second part is better when she runs....but the clip is technicall great because in 4 minutes you have just ONE shoOting....one "plan"....it's good...

Last edited by nath; 19-10-2003 at 08:59.
Old 19-10-2003, 18:45   #3
Bitchka

Quote:
..1/ her piercing..it is not the fact that I hate the piercings, especially on the face, but there is a problem with her piercing of the bottom of the vigage... not placed well compared to the taits of her lips and her chin....2/....sorry for that ..but ..i didn't know her!...so don't laugh too much....But WHY to do that to her chest!!!....it looks so artificial!...i suffer for her each time she moves!....3/ her dress will be better in dark....more elegant.....
I had a feeling at least you might like it, sunwalk

to comment on your comments....

1. I personally like them...I do not have a problem with the bottom one, even find it quite sexy, but if the one on the nose was a little bit smaller - that would be better
2. Ah her chest...I thought she always had big breast, but I am sure she had some 'fixing up' going on I never noticed it until you mentioned it, but I really dont have anything against 'boob jobs' done, as long as they are not completly 'crazy' of course.
3.Agree, dark dress will be more elegant...... but I think then it will loose that feeling that she we have with the white one....she is like 'glowing' througout the video, in contrast with her surroundings.

I also like more the second part, when she is running out, but just the whole camera movement is so perfect with the song....when it is calm, the camera is almost still, just slowly panning out....I also really like the spinning around the room, while christina is standing in almost one place
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 19-10-2003, 19:40   #4
we shout

cools, I like that video too!! very much I do! how did they to that? the camera hang to flying object (remote control helicopter)? ..interesting! like its a non-stop shooting!

I'm 5' 2" !!!

PS: I am very obsessed with Britney Spears too you know ..
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you
From all the crazy schemes

You traded in your wings
For everything freedom brings

You never left me
You never let me
See what this feeling means
Old 19-10-2003, 19:59   #5
Участник

Send a message via ICQ to nath Send a message via MSN to nath Send a message via Skype™ to nath
Quote:
Originally posted by denial
cools, I like that video too!! very much I do! how did they to that? the camera hang to flying object (remote control helicopter)? ..interesting! like its a non-stop shooting!
I think the camera is like a "luma"...the cameraman isn't behind the camera..it is as a large mechanical arm which can make all the movement and which is ordered by computer... Look at just "The touch of evil" Orson Welles. From the beginning (the generic..where are the names and movie's tittle) until the moment when they arrive at the border line..
There is just ONE SHOOTING/PLAN...and the movie is 45 years old...it's GREAT cinema....
Old 19-10-2003, 20:44   #6
Bitchka

denial, yes, that's probably how it was shot, as nath explained it.
5'2" eh?
britney she is still waaaaay behind Miss X-tina when it comes to all - singing, image, videos, music, etc (in my oppinion)...but maybe with that new album coming things will change

Quote:
From the beginning (the generic..where are the names and movie's tittle) until the moment when they arrive at the border line..
There is just ONE SHOOTING/PLAN...and the movie is 45 years old...it's GREAT cinema....

yes - i think this is one of the the main differences between, say 50 years ago, and todays cinema - the fact that they used to do long shots - mintes long...now everything is cut/chopped. I really enjoy long takes that is why I love that X-tina video
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 19-10-2003, 23:00   #7
pie crust

Hmm well, what should I say.. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. I don't like Christina Aguilera at all, even though she writes her own material (?), has a great voice, nice body, talks about being yourself blah blah.. I still don't like her and especially the image...

I think this song was.. well.. Not very "WONDERFUL".. I was waiting for something in the song.. something to.. explode, or something. I think the song got boring after awhile.

And the video.. I liked it. It got boring too, because I love it when there is a "story" in the video.. Take for example Eminem's stan.. There's a story about a guy who is an obsessed fan and in the end kills himself and his pregnant girlfriend because his idol didn't answer his letters, calls etc. in time... And this video.. She just stands there.

I like the camera effect though, and ITS ONE LONG SHOT! Aaah! God bless long shots!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]
Old 20-10-2003, 00:01   #8
viva la scientology!

Well, except for the fact that it sounds like a Mariah Carey power ballad, it's great! The video, I mean. It is a little boring, but technically it's well made and beautiful. I really like the part where she runs. and the 360 shot.

Different from most videos on MTV, but I can't see Christina doing something too different, you know? People like her for "being herself" but she's also sold A LOT of records "being herself". It's the music business, so she does what appeals to people.
~~~~~~~~~~~
la profundidad.
Old 20-10-2003, 04:36   #9
Echoes among the Stars

Quote:
yes - i think this is one of the the main differences between, say 50 years ago, and todays cinema - the fact that they used to do long shots - mintes long...now everything is cut/chopped. I really enjoy long takes that is why I love that X-tina video
I would say also: modern movies have so many close-ups compared to older ones; with the editing and the close cut-from-face-to-face you don't get the same sense of SPACE that you did before...which I miss and which you get in this clip That was my favorite part of it, when the camera panned around her when she was sitting still and you can see all the background. My least favorite part (no offense to nath): was some of her motions, like her clutching her stomach (well, her front in general) - and all the things she was doing with her arms - it was a little distracting, but other than that I can't think of anything I don't like about this video - and about Christina; I haven't paid much attention to her up till now, but I like both the song and the video a lot, and a lot more than I expected. The dark hair is a change? I agree, it looks great

Btw, there are a lot of famous, creative, influential people 5'2"...I am trying to think of who...Elizabeth Taylor, for one
Old 20-10-2003, 04:44   #10
Участник

Quote:
Originally posted by russkayatatu
Btw, there are a lot of famous, creative, influential people 5'2"...I am trying to think of who...Elizabeth Taylor, for one [/b]
Could someone explain to a poor little French what 5'2" means, please? Thanks
Old 20-10-2003, 04:54   #11
Bitchka

Quote:
Could someone explain to a poor little French what 5'2" means, please? Thanks
Gladly Miss nath somewhere around 158cm
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 20-10-2003, 05:05   #12
Участник

Quote:
Originally posted by coolasfcuk
Gladly Miss nath somewhere around 158cm
Thanks Cool!..so that relates to the size (the height)?... I wondered whether it were not a measurement concerning the turn/size of chest...
Why, Denial ,did you say you were 5'2"? Aren't you taller?...
Old 20-10-2003, 05:13   #13
Bitchka

Quote:
so that relates to the size (the height)?... I wondered whether it were not a measurement concerning the turn/size of chest..
noooo, no chest size.... me same chest as Aguilera... definatelly not but we are the same height
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 20-10-2003, 05:22   #14
Участник

Quote:
noooo, no chest size.... me same chest as Aguilera... definatelly not but we are the same height
Ohhh!!!......What a good day!...I know , now, i have the same height than Christina Aquilera!...Whoooa!...I feel better!..
Old 20-10-2003, 05:33   #15
Bitchka

Quote:
What a good day!...I know , now, i have the same height than Christina Aquilera!...Whoooa!...I feel better!..
with the risk of chatting.......
are you saying you are also 5'2" nath or are you making fun of me for making myself feel better by repetedly comparing my height to X-tina's
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 20-10-2003, 05:49   #16
Участник

No..it's true..I'm 1m58...or 1m57,5..hehe...
Old 20-10-2003, 05:53   #17
Bitchka

Quote:
No..it's true..I'm 1m58...or 1m57,5..hehe...
he heeeeeee great ! one more of the 5'2" cool people...shhhhhhh...dont tell anyone, but that's a special height

ok, no more chatting from me
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 20-10-2003, 06:45   #18
we shout

Quote:
britney she is still waaaaay behind Miss X-tina when it comes to all - singing, image, videos, music, etc (in my oppinion)...but maybe with that new album coming things will change
...that is so unkind to say about Britney! ..she is very talented and very pretty and very nice body. and she got that billions dollar smile .. ..deep inside I think she is a very kind person.

Nath I am 157cm ..both of you still taller than me ..

okay some info: (just so I'm not spamming lol)

For the beautifully understated video, Christina once again worked with director David LaChapelle. It first premiered online through LAUNCH, and officially premiered on October 14 on MTV's TRL.

Screen capture:
http://www.miss-aguilera.com/images/...thin/index.htm

*goes to sit at the corner a pray*
Dear God, please please NOT to let Cools grows any taller. Thank you.
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you

You traded in your wings

You never left me
You never let me
Old 20-10-2003, 14:20   #19
Bitchka

Miss D, thankies for the caps

Quote:
My least favorite part (no offense to nath): was some of her motions, like her clutching her stomach (well, her front in general) - and all the things she was doing with her arms
russkaya, I think this is how X-tina just moves always....a lot of it I thought was good..like when she is raising her arms up...but then stopping...hessitating..and then bringing them down..
Quote:
The dark hair is a change? I agree, it looks great
ohhhhhhhhhhh, I think you need to see some pics....
blonde - early years
blonde - middle of last year
blonde - last year again
blonde - more
you know, I know the thread is about 'The Voice Within', but since I see people arent really familiar with X-tina that much....how about I give you one more link to her previous video (before 'The Voice Within'), which is also directed by David LaChapelle I have to admit, I enjoy his photography, which is what is mainly known for

Can't Hold Us Down - Video
this is the first time she 'presented' her dark hair...and gotta love the 80s looks

shhhhhhhhh...here is a secret - this is going to be my Halloween costume so now I am in search for a pink/purple hat that says: 'Lady C' anyone?

o.t.: D @ your comment- dont worry I am not exactly sure what I am in centimeters anymore....I like inches, ha ha, 'cause it is not as exact - I might be a little less than 158
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!

Last edited by coolasfcuk; 20-10-2003 at 16:00.
Old 20-10-2003, 15:53   #20
we shout

Can't Hold Us Down - Video - Screen capture.
http://www.miss-aguilera.com/images/...down/index.htm

Look semiliar with The Voice Withing. Same point of view. But different background and the opposite color to black and white. Crowds and alone.

Maybe soon they will come out with the making of The Voice Within video I hope. I want to see that.

I found website with the making of her videos but it was at work and I forget to email myself the URL but I bookmarked the site. Ahh look again.

here some camera they use:

http://www.miss-aguilera.com/images/...images/075.jpg (look at the black think on the top .. is that a camera?)

http://www.miss-aguilera.com/images/...images/038.jpg ( and this one )

http://www.miss-aguilera.com/images/...images/039.jpg (the arm camera)

I still find The Voice Within video fascinating when she ran out of the building and the camera could follow her smoothly.
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you

You traded in your wings

You never left me
You never let me
ReplyPost New Thread