Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Sports and Entertainment

Alex from Fame Academy!

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 06-10-2003, 01:14   #41
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally posted by poppy
really glad she won!! watched so much fame academy last night my eyes hurt!

i think carolynne deserved to be in the final 2 though.

apparently minnie driver sent her (alex) some flowers to wish her luck!!?
Yes, Mini said it's sad she 'couldn't be there last night, but see you next week'.

The result is good, but the show was clearly biased. See the discussion here:

http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/t/91443/ds.html

Jacky Sparrow is me.
Old 06-10-2003, 02:44   #42
My Waking Hour

oasischuan

sorry, I don't get it, in what way was she used?

I didn't follow the show too closely to know all the shenanigans behind the selections but personally I think that both Carolynne and Peter were better than Alistair - but in the same way that both girls wouldn't make it to the final, Peter and Alex wouldn't make it together either, as they are both the rebelious type and aren't they pals as well?
I don't know what else was going on behind the scenes though.

Hmm, Alex "best talent since Radiohead"? Yes, she's the best talent to emerge from these kind of shows... but, ahem... no.

What's the relation between Minnie and Alex, by the way?
Old 06-10-2003, 11:30   #43
Участник

All I know about this Alex bird is that she's Cornish, and Cornwall is next to Devon (which is my own turf) so I'm glad she won. The West Country scene will be the next big thing, you wait and see. We've had Bristol and the trip-hop thing, so Exeter's turn must be next. And I plan to be a player.
Old 06-10-2003, 16:50   #44
Wandering Soul

Re: oasischuan

Quote:
Originally posted by spyretto
sorry, I don't get it, in what way was she used?

I didn't follow the show too closely to know all the shenanigans behind the selections but personally I think that both Carolynne and Peter were better than Alistair - but in the same way that both girls wouldn't make it to the final, Peter and Alex wouldn't make it together either, as they are both the rebelious type and aren't they pals as well?
I don't know what else was going on behind the scenes though.

Hmm, Alex "best talent since Radiohead"? Yes, she's the best talent to emerge from these kind of shows... but, ahem... no.

What's the relation between Minnie and Alex, by the way?
Well, the final show was obviously biased: editing, song choices, set-up, teachers and guests' opinions etc... especially Daniel Bedingfield, who was supposed to be a guest, but pointed at Alex and claimed 'vote Alex!', which shocked everybody including Alex herself. By all means she deserves to win, but the way the show had been putting together wasn't the way that BBC should had done. The record company (Polydor), production company (Endemol, who produced Big Brother) and the BBC wants a credible winner in order to defend the name of FA2 after last year's disappionting winner Sneddon. You can see from the very beginning their favourites are Louise, Paris, Peter and Alex. Louise, Paris and Peter lost it, the only one left who can do this is Alex. They don't want a bland boyband material, nearly 26 year-old like Alistair to win this.

The relationship of Alex, Carolynne and Peter is very very complicated. You need to follow FA2 on telly and online for the last 10 weeks to have a better idea. There are speculations and rumors that Alex fancies Carolynne, Alex snogged Peter and of course the real 'face-sucking' between Carolynne and Peter. Alex obviously fell out with Peter in the last two weeks. And don't forget Alex's early claim that she has a girfriend but changed the story to say she's single recently. Anyway, Peter is back with his girfriend now and Carolynne is going to share the winner's flat with Alex. We can only wait and see.

Don't know what's the big deal about Mini Driver. At the moment we only know that she likes Alex a lot, like the whole cast of EastEnders.
Old 07-10-2003, 01:30   #45
tATu - Fan

Re: Re: oasischuan

Quote:
There are speculations and rumors that Alex fancies Carolynne, Alex snogged Peter and of course the real 'face-sucking' between Carolynne and Peter. Alex obviously fell out with Peter in the last two weeks. And don't forget Alex's early claim that she has a girfriend but changed the story to say she's single recently. Anyway, Peter is back with his girfriend now and Carolynne is going to share the winner's flat with Alex. We can only wait and see.
?
what?!
Sounds like the UK-shows were way more interesting than the ones over here....
Old 07-10-2003, 22:48   #46
turn it on

yeah i deffinately think alex had a thing for carolynne. it was quite mad at one point whenit seemed that carolynne liked peter, peter liked alex and alex liked carolynne! LOL! i think she just got a bit jelous of the whole caz/peter thing coz they were her 2 best friends and maybe she liked caz a bit more!?

she is great though i just hope they don't ruin her!! with all their talent show cheese!!

i downloaded the winners interview from the link you left.

http://alexparks.lunarpages.com/aly/...%20Claudia.zip

she is very sweet!! bless.

thanks for the links!!
Old 09-10-2003, 08:48   #47
Wandering Soul

Re: Re: Re: oasischuan

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob
?
what?!
Sounds like the UK-shows were way more interesting than the ones over here....
How's German Fame Academy doing?
Old 09-10-2003, 17:20   #48
turn it on

did anyone see her on RISE this morning? she was very cute. very tired, laid back and a little shy. she didn't seem too sure about the whole fame thing! LOL.

she said that sleeping was one of her passions in life and that it looked like she was gonna have to give it up!! bless.

here's a link for a scan of one of her first interviews since winning. thought it was quite sweet .... and there's a big pic of her too!!

http://www.alexparksonline.com/updates/sneakscan2.html
Old 11-10-2003, 00:05   #49
Wandering Soul

How poor a programme could be? Was it a presenters' show or David Sneddon's show? (It's good for Alex to have a rest though!) RI:SE must be the worst breakfast show ever! Now I know the reason why it's going to be finished for good by the end of the year!
Old 11-10-2003, 19:22   #50
My Waking Hour

I haven't seen the last show but Sneddon still sold well, he went to number 1 if I'm not mistaken ...so what difference does it make?
But I can understand where those rumours about being a biased show are coming from.
Old 11-10-2003, 22:14   #51
a kind of fresh madness

I never actually watched 'Fame Academy' when it was on cos IMO reality TV is quite pathetic - especially the kind of reality TV that forces crap like Sneddors, The Cheeky Girls, Gareth Gates et al upon the British public. I only started watching the end of the 'Best of Fame Academy' re-runs after reading this thread on Alex. She seems like a pretty cool chick - I just hope she doesn't end up like another one of those Avril/Kelly Osbourne clones that are so common nowadays.
Anyway, I was flicking through this weeks Sneak magazine (I didn't buy it - it's my mother's, I swear!!) with Alex on the cover and one of the questions - well, it wasn't technically a question - she was asked was "Your mum sent you a lovely letter after you discussed your feelings about being gay on national TV..." I was just wondering exactly what it was that Alex said on the matter. I'm no massive fan of hers but I'd like to hear her views on this. If anyone could tell me what she said then I'd be really greatful.
Cheers.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...
or is it just to humour us before we die?
Old 12-10-2003, 11:11   #52
turn it on

i left a link for a scan of that article a few posts back, it's really sweet isn't it!?

she didn't really talk that much about being gay as such. i think that in the very beginning she had a chat with one of the girls expressing her worries on how the public would accept her and that she hoped that wouldn't become the only thing they associated with her and not her singing. but that was it really. obviously there were conversations about girls she liked and stuff, and also she was a terrible flirt with her make up lady and a few of the crew.

i think when she won the press askedher about being gay on a reality tv programme and she said something like, she didn't want to hide it but at the same time she didn't want to be in ya face about it either, she was just being her.

hope that all makes sense!?

p.s i don't think she will become an avril or kelly, she seems way too reserved for that!
Old 12-10-2003, 14:07   #53
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally posted by spyretto
I haven't seen the last show but Sneddon still sold well, he went to number 1 if I'm not mistaken ...so what difference does it make?
But I can understand where those rumours about being a biased show are coming from.
I was talking about last Thursday's RI:SE on Channel 4, NOT the final showdown of Fame Academy!
Old 12-10-2003, 14:18   #54
a kind of fresh madness

Thanks for the info poppy.

Quote:
Originally posted by poppy
i don't think she will become an avril or kelly, she seems way too reserved for that!
Yeah, I noticed that Alex seems pretty laid back. I wasn't talking about her becoming another Avril in terms of atitude though. My concern is that she may go down the same musical route as all the Avril and Kelly clones. The last thing the UK music scene needs right now is another Amy Studt!

BTW, in case anyone hasn't heard, 'Fame Academy:The Winners Story' is on BBC3 tonight at 8pm.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...
Old 12-10-2003, 23:59   #55
Wandering Soul

Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Mossopp
I never actually watched 'Fame Academy' when it was on cos IMO reality TV is quite pathetic - especially the kind of reality TV that forces crap like Sneddors, The Cheeky Girls, Gareth Gates et al upon the British public. I only started watching the end of the 'Best of Fame Academy' re-runs after reading this thread on Alex. She seems like a pretty cool chick - I just hope she doesn't end up like another one of those Avril/Kelly Osbourne clones that are so common nowadays.
Glad you got to know Alex from here! She's a unique talent who's very mature at the age of 19. She's different from every reality show winner. She was reluctant to apply Fame Academy, only discovered that her Dad sent a video of her performance without telling her. She didn't want to win and considered leaving for many times.

Don't worry she ain't going down the Avril routine. Her style is folk/rock. There's a gap for her in the market at the moment. First album will be out next month, half her own songs half the covers from the showdowns. First single is out 17 November -- a double A side with Maybe that's what it takes (the song she sang in the final show) and Beautiful.

Here's a great article about her on the Telegraph:

http://portal.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jhtml;$sessionid$MYYEMJ2VM5XV1QFIQMFCFFOAVCBQYIV0?xml=/arts/2003/10/09/bmalex09.xml

(Need to copy and paste the whole line)

Polydor is laughing their way to the bank with Alex's voctory.
Old 13-10-2003, 00:07   #56
a kind of fresh madness

I really didn't want to like Alex.
As a rock/metal fan it's my duty to kick against superficial "pop stars" - especially those that have been cultivated from reality TV. But she seems like such an awesome chick that it's hard to dislike her.
I watched 'Fame Academy:The Winners Story" on BBC3 this evening and Alex seemed a lot like me in so many instances that it was actually quite spooky (I'm in no way suggesting that I am as musically talented as she is BTW).
I doubt that I'll like her musical output - it'll no doubt be much too 'middle-of-the-road' for my tastes - but I'll certainly be following her progress post Fame Academy. I'm always happy to see a young gay woman make a positive impact on the public conciousness. It makes me feel like we're making some progress.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...
Old 13-10-2003, 00:40   #57
Wandering Soul

Absolutely, reality TV kills the music industry but Alex is so different! I never voted in any talent show before, but when I saw Alex on the first audition show I just couldn't help myself but to vote for her to get into the House. She had helped and will be continuing to help people, which is great!

You are lucky to have BBC3... the Winner's Story is gonna be out as DVD/video on 2rd November. I heard they didn't include any post FA interview on the TV version, hope they are saving them for the DVD!

You can download some Alex videos from:

http://www.eddietalbot.pwp.blueyonde...rks/index.html

I'm sure you will like them!
Old 13-10-2003, 12:27   #58
turn it on

do you know what!?

i actually really liked her 'heart of glass' rendition. which everyone slated! i think they pigeonholed her and made her do ballads too much, because of the amount of power and emotion she could convey was awesome. But that just gets boring after a while so it was nice to see her do somwthing different, tainted love rocked too!

also i loved that red jacket she wore for heart of glass!!
Old 16-10-2003, 01:44   #59
Wandering Soul

I like it, too. Anything she sang just worked for me. Love the studio version of Maybe that's what it takes!

btw the jacket is good but not the barber shirt!
Old 16-10-2003, 11:38   #60
turn it on

see i thought the 'heart of glass' performance was her best look! second was what she wore for the kerrang awards (blk t shirt with gold man? on and jeans)! i only know this cause i had a look through some of the pics on another sight LOL! and i really wasn't fussed on that green t shirt they kept putting her in!
ReplyPost New Thread