Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Sports and Entertainment

Movie: Swimming Pool

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 19-07-2003, 05:07   #1
It's Ms. SKRT To You :)

Question Movie: Swimming Pool

I'm just wondering who's seen it. It has Ludivine Sagnier, who, if i'm not mistaken, is going to be my new obsession.

Oh, and if you have seen it, let me know what you think (if you've figured it out ;p)

-skrt
Old 19-07-2003, 15:21   #2
Echoes among the Stars

I saw it. Hmmm, it was OK - not fantastic - but all right. Ludivine Sagnier was the daughter, I'm guessing?
Old 19-07-2003, 16:48   #3
Участник

Send a message via ICQ to nath Send a message via MSN to nath Send a message via Skype™ to nath
I haven't seen it but I LLLLOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEE Charlotte Rampling!....With Jeanne Moreau , she's my favourite woman!....She was fantastic in "Portier de Nuit" from Liliana Cavani with Dirk Bogard..I love her DEEP VOICE..and when she speaks , she's very intelligent and subtle (as Jeanne Moreau).....and she's a Great Photograph too.....
..Excuse-me....you ,you like Ludivine Sagnier...Have you seen "8 women"(8 femmes) from the same director Franзois Ozon?...It's in e-donkey and Ludivine Sagnier is in this movie too...but I thing she's more funny and if you like her may be she's less "adult", "sexy"(?)... in "The swimming Pool"...
I'm going to see this movie, soon..and I'll tell you.
http://www.allocine.fr/personne/fich...nne=32162.html
Old 19-07-2003, 19:26   #4

nath .. thanks for recommending 'portier de nuit' .. i loved charlotte rampling as well. her acting in that movie was amazing.. especially the way she can convey her lonliness. i loved the first half of the movie (you'll understand what i mean when u see it :P)

anyways.. i've only heard of '8 women' but i havn't seen it perhaps blockbuster has it (<-- who am i kidding?)
anyways.. she's also in some movie called something like 'water on burning rocks' or soemthing. i'm not sure if that's it.

and lol, thanks for the link, even tho it WAS in french! hehehe

OH! and russ... yes... she was the daughter (although by the end ...) i won't spoil it! lol

-skrt
Old 19-07-2003, 22:04   #5
Echoes among the Stars

ha ha, yes, skrtfntcwu, I know - won't spoil anything either

I like both Charlotte Rampling and Charles Dance; the plot seemed sort of like a bestseller novel to me though. "8 Women" is an OK movie, but I thought it was kind of weird (maybe just me, though?) cause I didn't know it was a "musical" at all; took me totally by surprise Kind of bizarre - but interesting
Old 20-07-2003, 19:21   #6
Участник

Send a message via ICQ to nath Send a message via MSN to nath Send a message via Skype™ to nath
skrtfntcwu, I think you should see "8 women"....there is scene/sequence very funny &...hhuuuuummmmm....between Fanny Ardant & Catherine Deneuve.. And Isabelle Huppert is a so good actress in this movie!...
In France , it was a very successfull movie because it is really a "performance of actresses" in the direction where they seem to have fun and us one has fun to look at them having fun ...

Russkayatatu ..yes indeed it isn't really a "musical movie"..here, songs are "winks"(I confuse always "winks" & "blink"...could they have the same meaning?..), they are traditional French variety so they touch us in our affectif side ..and when I listen Isabelle Huppert singing "Message personnel" (Franзoise Hardy/Michel Berger)...for me Happiness is intense & I laugh because it's my Favorite Song of all the Songs (with "Je suis venu te dire que je m'en vais")...
So I understand that Not French People can less feel this movie that us... It is not a "chef d'oeuvre", a wonderfull movie...but it's funny...

I have this movie in divx, if you want you send me a PM and I make you a copy that I'll send to you by the post office ...in only one condition--> You say that 2 tattooings of Yulia are written in arabic langage!... no... I joke!
Old 20-07-2003, 19:41   #7
Echoes among the Stars

nathalie, I forgot that Isabelle Huppert was in it. I really like her; she's a great actress And yes I liked the movie - although it DID take me by surprise a little
Old 20-07-2003, 21:03   #8
Участник

The film that I adored it is "The English Patient?" "Le patient anglais"....Have you seen it?
....I saw it by chance, 5 months ago, and I copied the dvd and I looked at it every evening during 15 days!....
I didn't know Kristin Scott Thomas before but she really capsized me (overturned me ?) in this movie..(it's funny because I don't specially like blond hair..).. .She has a false look with Marlиne Dietrich when she's close of the fire, in the desert's night...I love this sequence...

This movie was for me a "chock" as tatu was a "chock" too..

And if Yulia were in this movie, in the scene close of fire instead of Kristin Scott Thomas, she would be for me 1000 times more arousing than when she is almost naked in one magazine....but I must be the only one to have this opinion.!!!....lol...sorry my message is off topic....
Old 21-07-2003, 06:00   #9

nathalie: there is NO WAY that i can say that yulia's tattoo between her shoulder blades is in Arabic. You wouldn't want me to lie now, would you? ;p

but anyways, i will try my best to find '8 Women'. From what you've said, it's sounds tres interesting

-skrt
Old 21-07-2003, 07:17   #10
Uhaku's alter ego

Send a message via MSN to Uhaku
natalie I LOVE "THE ENGLISH PATIENT". i don't normally use the word love. but...in this case...I LOVE IT TO DEATH!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Irina Slutskaya
the champion of my heart
I salute you!

I know it's not the correct order of the colors of the Russian flag, but I want Irina in blue anyway. Yeehaw!
Old 21-07-2003, 08:00   #11
Участник

I'm so Happy you love it too, Uhaku!...*big smile on my face*
Do you remember?....a plane, a scarf in the wind, the desert...dunes..1940/45's clothes...old cars....colored "souk"/market...

When I see this movie , I can feel the softness and the heat of the sand grains and even all the odors !!!....the odor of perspiration in the suffering, the odor of spices in the markets and the odor of the perfume in the ball ...

thanks uhaku!
Old 21-07-2003, 08:17   #12
Uhaku's alter ego

i watched this movie soooooo many times! those characters were just wonderful! heartbreaking dialogs! amazing cinematography! i could write an essay on this movie! LOOOL! i think it's one of the best love stories ever made to screen. ^_^ (aside from Casablanca).

woah, don't thank me. I didn't make this movie. Loool!

Edit And i'm sorry to go off-topic, Skrt. I don't know what the Heck is "Swimming pool".
~~~~~~~~~~~
Irina Slutskaya
the champion of my heart
I salute you!

I know it's not the correct order of the colors of the Russian flag, but I want Irina in blue anyway. Yeehaw!

Last edited by Uhaku; 21-07-2003 at 08:37.
Old 21-07-2003, 09:50   #13
Участник

Skrt ..so sorry to be off topic.....but...but...but...I'M CRAAAAZZZZZYYY of "Casablanca"!!!!!......and ("je te jure que c'est la vйritй")...and ....I VOW it's the TRUTH: when I read your message ,Uhaku, I WAS LISTENING CASABLANCA's Song: "As time goes by"!!!..... It's so magic!!!
"Play it again Sam......."

"You must remember this
A kiss is just a kiss
A sight is just a sight..
It's still the same old story
A fight for love & glory
A case of do or die!....
The world will always welcome lovers,
As Time Goes By!!!........"

Skrt....I close my mouth now...it's promised!!!!
Old 21-07-2003, 11:05   #14
Uhaku's alter ego

Play it, Sam. Play ... As time goes by ...

And when two lovers woo, they still say I love you, on that you can rely,
No matter the future brings as time goes by~~~

Nathalie MAY I ASK YOU OUT TO A MOVIE???? looooool, dude, i'm sooooo glad u like casablanca, too!!!! ooooohhhhhh, what a great movie it is!

Skrt sorry again...no...i wasn't really sorry. hee hee.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Irina Slutskaya
the champion of my heart
I salute you!

Old 21-07-2003, 11:41   #15
Участник

Mmmmmmmm I don't speak....my mouth is closed...lol....but my hands are free to write..lol....
Just for saying that these messages filled me of joy so much I like these films... ...
http://ebay2.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_...d3/i-1_B_L.JPG

What about "Out of Africa" Uhaku ?...you know ..the plane with the top of Savanna.... No....it's just a joke!......I don't want your"Swimming Pool" "tombe а l'eau"...."falls into water"!....lol....
I am very surprised that "Swimming Pool" has been seen in the U.S.A... It's here,, a little a "author's movie", and not a film for general public .....
Old 21-07-2003, 12:44   #16
The Ghost of Heroic Past

Send a message via ICQ to DinoBora
As I see there are some worshipers of French cinema .This is good, really good! As to myself , I’ve seen Swimming Pool for 5 , 6 times and it is in my favourite top ten of french movies of all times. Alaine Delone the “ice-cold angel” and Romy Shnaider both are marvelous. Nothing to add.......

By the way have anybody seen Adieu l'ami / Tecnica di una rapina with Alain Delone and Charles Bronson? I am just curious. And if what do you think about it?
~~~~~~~~~~~
!!!Sugar We're Going Down!!!
Old 21-07-2003, 22:58   #17

ok, first to nath and uhaku... i havn't seen the english patient so i can't comment. don't hate me! i havn't gotten around to it, i suppose. although i think it's my mom's favorite movie or soemthing. hmm.. what else. oh, uhaku, since u havn't seen 'swimming pool', i think u should. it's confusing ;p i liked it

now, where can we discuss this without ruining the movie for the rest of the people? lol.

nath, ob, we should have a little spoiler thread! lol

-skrt
Old 01-08-2003, 01:42   #18
Echoes among the Stars

Warning for those who have not seen "Swimming Pool": I give certain things away here. :gig:

skrtfntcwu, what was so confusing? At the end, I assumed that she had made the whole thing up - since she's a writer, after all - and obviously when the girl is waving to her from the pool and she's waving back she sees L. Sagnier and not the real daughter with braces I guess maybe that she was having some kind of a breakdown, believing the stuff that she wrote in her books? Although my first thought was that she just took the "boring" everyday life around her, spiced it up, and preferred to live in her made-up dreams than in real life.

It was a little cool...at least it was better than "Spider," which had the same sort of "what is real?" idea. Anyone see that movie, with Ralph Fiennes? Very disappointing. You need to have A LOT of patience And it's not worth it, I think.

Anyway, other thoughts on "Swimming Pool"? That's what I assumed was going on, but then again maybe I missed something
Old 01-08-2003, 17:57   #19

hmm, it seems we've gotten the same idea about the ENDING, but what about how julie comes into the author's life?!?

what i didn't get is how julie was L.S, and not the braces girl. how does THAT change?
remember that julie (L.S) talks to her father on teh phone, and that the old man knows her, and that everyone knows her and such. how was it physically her even before the author started to get obsessed with her?

it's weird! haha

i'm getting 8 women! lol, we'll discuss that on here too! (where's nathalie when u need her :P)

-skrt
Old 08-08-2003, 13:31   #20
Участник

Hi SKRT!...I was trying to translate arabic tattoes...lol...no in holidays...You have seen 8 womens?...tell me, tell me...it was in english or french...tell me , tell me..lol...see you soon..а bientфt!
ReplyPost New Thread