Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Sports and Entertainment

best gay movies ?

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 31-05-2003, 15:44   #41
Echoes among the Stars

I don't know if all of these are considered 'gay movies'

but here are some that deal at least a little bit with homosexual themes (plus they're not bad, I think).

Ma Vie En Rose (in French)
Breaking the Code
Set Me Free (in French)
Nico and Dani (in Spanish)
Happy, Texas (yes, I know this got panned in the reviews, but I think it's pretty good )
The Legend of Rita (in German)
Gods and Monsters

And another French movie that I think is called 'Entre Nous', starring Isabelle Huppert and has to do with two women, both married, who become friends and end up deciding to live together.
Old 31-05-2003, 15:50   #42
Your Distraction

Send a message via ICQ to Ripptyd Send a message via AIM to Ripptyd Send a message via MSN to Ripptyd Send a message via Yahoo to Ripptyd
I think Chasing Amy would have been better if it was REVERSED.
That she was "straight" and then opened up to being "bisexual."

Ben was a bitch in that movie anyhow. I lurved Jason though.

I DO love Kevin Smith movies though. Mostly Dogma. I'm not religious and always have been looking at loop holes in religion and the whole movie just slammed on so much. I found it very intelligent and it's one of my favorites.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Still, you bolded all your best words, so they'd have something to wrap their mouths around
---
I'll still say your name to fall asleep
A cynic saying rosary; a liar in his make believe

|| livejournal || myspace || facebook me || son fic || website ||
Old 02-06-2003, 19:32   #43
enter sadman

Send a message via Skype™ to crni
Fucking Еmеl, of course

...but i think that's also the only gay movie i've seen, so...

the only thing i regret is that i've watched the movie yesterday and i've got it for at least two months

P.S. the soundtrack is one of the best i've heard.
~~~~~~~~~~~
030904 - worst day of my life
.:ignorance is a bliss:.
.:truth is just an excuse for the lack of imagination:.
Old 09-06-2003, 00:52   #44
tATu - Fan

Thumbs up

Ahem, hope I'm allowed to take part in this.
I watched "F*cking Amal" 'cause Lena mentioned this movie in one interview and I think it was a good movie even though I felt a little bit sorry for Johan. I think the movie has a powerful message and it's quite sensitive in the way the story from especially the blonde girl was told.

And "The birdcage" with Robin Williams is one of my favourite comedys, I love the way they portrayed the conservative senator (the one who dies in this "oh so horrible situation") and the other one played by Gene Hackman.
Old 11-06-2003, 22:21   #45
Echoes among the Stars

Ah, Rob, I can't believe I forgot about 'The Birdcage'! That's a wonderful movie
Old 16-06-2003, 06:27   #46
kis$ it

Send a message via AIM to Lux Send a message via MSN to Lux Send a message via Yahoo to Lux Send a message via Skype™ to Lux
"the girl"

ive been waiting for it to come out for awhile..and finally at blockbuster, *ahem* a "family" place, has it. i watched it. twice.
artsy, noir, set in france...which means someone dies.
SO good. although they heavily romanticize lesbian love. but damn they do a good job. *dreams*

i can't believe i forgot high art DOI. again, someone dies. and it's artsy. about a girl who realizes shes in love with another girl. ally sheedy is the photographer the confused girl falls for. good movie.
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete™ forever

I never thought it would be this clear | Lux [ light-ness@hotmail.com ]

Last edited by Lux; 17-06-2003 at 02:33.
Old 23-06-2003, 04:59   #47
Участник

Does anybody remember "In & Out", the one where Kevin Kline plays the gay high school teacher? Kind of a dumb movie but I thought it was pretty funny when Joan Cusack says "You know how many times I had to watch Funny Lady?!"

Another one is "Frida", not a gay movie, but Salma Hayek and Ashley Judd kinda hook up. Oh yea and another one called " In "Dr. T and the Women" aren't Kate Hudson and Liv Tyler together? I can't remember but I'm pretty sure they are.

There's a new semi-gay movie out with Kate Beckinsale called "Laurel Canyon", but my favorite is F*cking Amal, Lukas Moodysson is the best.
Old 23-06-2003, 23:36   #48
Uhaku's alter ego

Send a message via MSN to Uhaku
imo, Aimee & Jaguar is the best i have seen. along with Heavenly Creatures and Fucking Amal .

recently seen "But I'm a cheerleader". i was disappointed. i think it was pretty badly executed.

Quote:
As for determining which movie is better between Moulin Rouge and Chicago, I will say that really Chicago is just better, plain and simple. The fact that I have not read one single review trashing this movie. Whereas with Moulin Rouge, people either loved it or hated it, and nothing else.
hmm, i don't know how MR and Chicago came into this thread. but anyway, i gotta say personally, i prefer MR over Chicago.

Chicago has substance, while MR has style and creativity. Chicago the movie is like a copy from broadway, which was why i think it didn't deserve as much praises as it did. While MR uses old songs, but creatively put them together to make something new, refreshing. i think they deserve credits for that. it's undeniably DARING. u r right that ppl either love it, or hate it. but it's not "nothing else". it's really something to be put in that level. it's powerful, imo. ^_^

i don't really let the critics' reviews to affect my opinion of the films. what makes their judgements better than mine? i doubt they ever made a film themselves, or know how hard it is to make one. ^_^

anyway, like Chicago a lot, and love MR to death.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Irina Slutskaya
the champion of my heart
I salute you!

I know it's not the correct order of the colors of the Russian flag, but I want Irina in blue anyway. Yeehaw!
Old 24-06-2003, 19:43   #49
The Dream is Over, :~(

OT

Quote:
Originally posted by uhaku
hmm, i don't know how MR and Chicago came into this thread. but anyway, i gotta say personally, i prefer MR over Chicago.

Chicago has substance, while MR has style and creativity. Chicago the movie is like a copy from broadway, which was why i think it didn't deserve as much praises as it did. While MR uses old songs, but creatively put them together to make something new, refreshing. i think they deserve credits for that. it's undeniably DARING. u r right that ppl either love it, or hate it. but it's not "nothing else". it's really something to be put in that level. it's powerful, imo. ^_^

i don't really let the critics' reviews to affect my opinion of the films. what makes their judgements better than mine? i doubt they ever made a film themselves, or know how hard it is to make one. ^_^

anyway, like Chicago a lot, and love MR to death.
Sorry about that, but that post was my last post in a little dispute that had occured in the Aquaintances forum. It was really off topic there so I decided it put it here since the posters in that thread were recommending some good gay films to watch. These films got thrown into the mix... I guess it was because of the extreme homoeroticism in it.

Anyhoo, about the Moulin Rouge thing when I said "nothing else" I meant that people were hardly ever indifferent towards the movie; i.e. they either loved it or hated it.

And while I do hold some critics opinions in high regard, I agree that their opinions shouldn't ultimately influence anybody's opinions. I learned that when watching Eyes Wide Shut... * shudder.
Nevertheless, a critic shouldn't have to make a film in order to judge it appropriately. They just have to have a really sophisticated and, most importantly, objective taste in films.

Interesting fact:
Did you know Catherine Zeta Jones was supposed to play the role of Satine in Moulin Rouge and Nicole Kidman was supposed to play Velma Kelly in Chicago.
Interesting.

Echoed: I did know that. Whee.

Last edited by Echoed; 24-06-2003 at 19:50.
Old 24-06-2003, 20:10   #50
Uhaku's alter ego

Send a message via MSN to Uhaku
Re: OT

Quote:
Originally posted by PowerPuff Grrl

Interesting fact:
Did you know Catherine Zeta Jones was supposed to play the role of Satine in Moulin Rouge and Nicole Kidman was supposed to play Velma Kelly in Chicago.
Interesting.

oh, yes, i know that ^_^. also, Heath Ledger was supposed to take the role of Christian. after watching chicago. i think they made the right choice. Zeta Jones looked scary to be Satine, imo. Lol!

yes, some critics are good, i agree. but i don't always agree with them. ^.^ about "eyes wide shut"..ohhh...emm... -_-'
~~~~~~~~~~~
Irina Slutskaya
the champion of my heart
I salute you!

I know it's not the correct order of the colors of the Russian flag, but I want Irina in blue anyway. Yeehaw!
Old 25-06-2003, 22:54   #51
think again....

Send a message via MSN to warx Send a message via Yahoo to warx
for those who seen FUCKING AMAL:

i hvnt seen this one...

can anyone gve me a synopsis?
sounds like a gud movie....
who's the artist by the way?
~~~~~~~~~~~
mY SITE
Old 25-06-2003, 23:02   #52
enter sadman

Send a message via Skype™ to crni
warx...

i believe this is the best site concerning FA...http://amal.szm.sk/fa2.htm
you can find a lot of info there...

hope it helps
~~~~~~~~~~~
030904 - worst day of my life
.:ignorance is a bliss:.
.:truth is just an excuse for the lack of imagination:.
Old 26-06-2003, 07:56   #53
kis$ it

Send a message via AIM to Lux Send a message via MSN to Lux Send a message via Yahoo to Lux Send a message via Skype™ to Lux
Bar Girls
Sister my sister is so bizarre. why do ppl in french films always die at the end. i dont get it. the relationship between the two convent sisters is all intriguing as hell. but nevertheless, very anticlimactical [spelling?] ending. im not a sucker for happy endings but this one was just weird.
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete™ forever

I never thought it would be this clear | Lux [ light-ness@hotmail.com ]
Old 27-06-2003, 00:09   #54
think again....

Send a message via MSN to warx Send a message via Yahoo to warx
tnx cnri
~~~~~~~~~~~
mY SITE
Old 29-06-2003, 20:48   #55
Участник

Send a message via ICQ to nath Send a message via MSN to nath Send a message via Skype™ to nath
In old movies:

*La mort а Venise (Death in Venezia) (Morte a Venezia)from Luchino Visconti...
in a lot of Luchino Visconti you have some ambiguous characters ...I don't know english titles but in french "Ludwig ou Le crйpuscule des Dieux", Violence et Passion (Gruppo di famiglia in un interno),Les Damnes (1969).
*My Beautiful Laundrette Director: Stephen Frears.
*Maurice (1987) director: James Ivory with Hugh Grant.
*Querelle(1982) & Les larmes amиres de Petra Von Kant (1972)-->director: Rainer Werner Fassbinder
*"La pirate" (french movie ) director: Jacques Doillon with Jane Birkin
*Je t'aime mon non plus Director: Serge Gainsbourg with Jane Birkin
*The Berlin Affair (1985)Director: Liliana Cavani with Gudrun Landgrebe & Mio Takaki
and a movie I love : *"Une journйe particuliиre" (Una Giornata Particolare) director:Ettore Scola with Sophia Loren, Marcello Mastroianni
*Garзon d’honneur (Taiwan) 1993. Director: Ang Lee
*Pourquoi pas moi? a french movie 199?-200?
*Gazon maudit director: josiane balasko with Victoria Abril & Josiane Balasko
A lot of Pasolini movies

And a beautiful movie, not about homosexuality but about a deep friendship between two women : "Julia" (1977) director:Fred Zinnemann with Jane Fonda & Vanessa Redgrave
Old 15-07-2003, 15:21   #56
Ferpectly Mornal

I liked Common Ground

It's pretty much your cliche movie, although this was the complexity of three stories in one (almost like "If these walls could talk") and I just found it closer to truth than many out there like to admit.
Old 15-07-2003, 22:47   #57
shit happens :D

Send a message via ICQ to karxwp
best gay movies....mm let me think:

Better than chocolate
Fucking Amal
Kissing Jessica Stain
The lost and delirious (although in the middle it started to suck sooo badly)

those are my favs....
Old 16-07-2003, 22:43   #58

Send a message via AIM to ypsidan04
It's got to be The Birdcage. That's a real good movie. Very funny.
Old 20-07-2003, 04:29   #59
Like OMG!

Send a message via AIM to protoman2k1
humm

has anyone seen the fluffer? it was playing the other day on showtime and I only saw the end..
Old 21-07-2003, 20:15   #60
Участник

Send a message via ICQ to nath Send a message via MSN to nath Send a message via Skype™ to nath
"Better than chocolate" isn't a cuban movie Karxwp?
The last time , I was looking for this title..in french, I think it's "Vanille Chocolat"..but I'm not yet sure...I saw it and I liked it...
ReplyPost New Thread