Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Politics and Science

USA - General discussion (Part 1)

Closed ThreadPost New Thread

Old 14-10-2004, 06:28   #41
no....

Thanks Goku... i'm very glad you have a head on your shoulders

Not to say i don't think that about anyone else, i just preferred Goku's point of view.

Anyhow, i'm not sure i understand what on earth you're talking about Propaganda but the American people aren't anymore manipulated by PPG than anyone else. And there are campaigns against the way that it is used in the states... I just don't really pay attention to them... it's all fodder, hahaha.

Old 14-10-2004, 08:11   #42
Участник

Yet again, Bush was in denial during the third and final debate. Pathetic.

Old 14-10-2004, 13:18   #43
My Waking Hour

Bush was, is and going to remain in power. There was never a question about it, and those who cast doubts were only expressing a wild hope. Nothing more or less to be said...

Old 14-10-2004, 13:25   #44
I don't waste my time

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyretto
Bush was, is and going to remain in power. There was never a question about it, and those who cast doubts were only expressing a wild hope. Nothing more or less to be said...
Boooooooooooooooo You just want him to win so you can say your stubborn predictions were right ... Ts ts

Old 14-10-2004, 17:38   #45
Участник

Send a message via MSN to Joha84 Send a message via Skype™ to Joha84
In my opinion, Kerry should be the next president of the United States. He seems very prepared to do this task not only because he has defended this country in war times as Vietnam, but because he has been a senator for 20 years. This gives him vast experience on how to do a great job as a president because he started from scratch and, i believe, he could lead this country to what it was before Bush illustrated the ugly side of America by invading Iraq. As Kerry said: "America should go to war because it has to, not because it wants to." I mean, what rights did Bush had to attack Iraq? The U.S. main objective was to find Osama Bin Laden, and Osama Bin Laden has nothing to do with Iraq. Why did he decided to attack Iraq after 9/11 and not before? Iraq was so much harmful back then, but not in these last years.

Because of Bush choices, Americans have been losing their jobs, the cost of things are going higher, seniors have to choose between drugs and food, this is just wrong...

I just hope the American people do the right decision because i can't vote yet... I just have to hope.. let me hope Kerry would win...

Old 14-10-2004, 18:34   #46
Santa's bodyguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie
I'd just like to reply to Luxxi about the elections being an USA internal matter. It's all about USA being a super-power and it's great influence it has on the world, not only politicaly and economicaly, but also socialy. The world politics these last few years has been hugely effected by the US as a sole superpower left in the world. So I guess American elections are an interest of all of us. At least as far as the international politicies are concern.
OK, since a lot of us here are from Europe let's debate following matters:
1. Rise of far right in Germany
2. Different gov't in Spain and it's reorientation from US-UK toward Germany-France
3. Strenghtening of position of Russian president
4. Belorussian dictatorship

Those things concern Europe more than US elections but do you see posts about them around here? I don't.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Ho, ho, ho. Santa is in town. And he has a list of naughty girls.

Proud "no club member" club member

Life sucks so why don't you just drop your pants and enjoy it?

Tatysite, love or leave it. And don't bother complaining, thread will be closed.

Old 14-10-2004, 19:29   #47
My Waking Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxxi
2. Different gov't in Spain and it's reorientation from US-UK toward Germany-France

Those things concern Europe more than US elections but do you see posts about them around here? I don't.

Why don't you start a thread about it and maybe if there's any interest we can discuss it. This is a thread about the US Elections 2004.
Hey, we can also discuss the role of the American government in the military coup of 1967 in Greece - for that matter

Old 14-10-2004, 19:44   #48
Santa's bodyguard

Quote:
Why don't you start a thread about it and maybe if there's any interest we can discuss it. This is a thread about the US Elections 2004.
Because I thought this site is about music group.

Quote:
Hey, we can also discuss the role of the American government in the military coup of 1967 in Greece - for that matter
Why stop with Greece? We could discuss several other involvements. Or we could discuss new advances in biochemistry. either has same to do with original intent of this site.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Ho, ho, ho. Santa is in town. And he has a list of naughty girls.

Proud "no club member" club member

Life sucks so why don't you just drop your pants and enjoy it?

Tatysite, love or leave it. And don't bother complaining, thread will be closed.

Old 14-10-2004, 20:06   #49
Участник

Quote:
Well, according to the record, no presidential candidate who lost 3 debates in a row went on to win the White House. Let's home the record holds truw this November. luxxi, US presidential elections are not just an American issue. The events of the past few yuears have clearly shown that the leaders of America can have a huge inpact on the world in terms of economy, peace, politics and other such matters.

Old 14-10-2004, 21:27   #50
My Waking Hour

Quote:
Because I thought this site is about music group.
Well, it's about everything also, that's why there's the general forum. You can start a topic about anything here, from evolution theory to the latest trends in fashion ( i.e. butt bling )
The group in question is not much active anyway...

Old 15-10-2004, 08:56   #51
Участник

Look at this: http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com.../ltt041008.gif

Old 17-10-2004, 15:13   #52
My Waking Hour

I guess starting WWIII will be even harder

Old 18-10-2004, 00:15   #53

Send a message via AIM to ypsidan04
Intertesting article sent to me:

John Eisenhower:
Why I will vote for John Kerry for President

By JOHN EISENHOWER
Guest Commentary

EDITORS NOTE: This commentary was originally published Sept. 9, 2004.

THE Presidential election to be held this coming Nov. 2 will be one of extraordinary importance to the future of our nation. The outcome will determine whether this country will continue on the same path it has followed for the last 3½ years or whether it will return to a set of core domestic and foreign policy values that have been at the heart of what has made this country great.

Now more than ever, we voters will have to make cool judgments, unencumbered by habits of the past. Experts tell us that we tend to vote as our parents did or as we “always have.” We remained loyal to party labels. We cannot afford that luxury in the election of 2004. There are times when we must break with the past, and I believe this is one of them.

As son of a Republican President, Dwight D. Eisenhower, it is automatically expected by many that I am a Republican. For 50 years, through the election of 2000, I was. With the current administration’s decision to invade Iraq unilaterally, however, I changed my voter registration to independent, and barring some utterly unforeseen development, I intend to vote for the Democratic Presidential candidate, Sen. John Kerry.

The fact is that today’s “Republican” Party is one with which I am totally unfamiliar. To me, the word “Republican” has always been synonymous with the word “responsibility,” which has meant limiting our governmental obligations to those we can afford in human and financial terms. Today’s whopping budget deficit of some $440 billion does not meet that criterion.

Responsibility used to be observed in foreign affairs. That has meant respect for others. America, though recognized as the leader of the community of nations, has always acted as a part of it, not as a maverick separate from that community and at times insulting towards it. Leadership involves setting a direction and building consensus, not viewing other countries as practically devoid of significance. Recent developments indicate that the current Republican Party leadership has confused confident leadership with hubris and arrogance.

In the Middle East crisis of 1991, President George H.W. Bush marshaled world opinion through the United Nations before employing military force to free Kuwait from Saddam Hussein. Through negotiation he arranged for the action to be financed by all the industrialized nations, not just the United States. When Kuwait had been freed, President George H. W. Bush stayed within the United Nations mandate, aware of the dangers of occupying an entire nation.

Today many people are rightly concerned about our precious individual freedoms, our privacy, the basis of our democracy. Of course we must fight terrorism, but have we irresponsibly gone overboard in doing so? I wonder. In 1960, President Eisenhower told the Republican convention, “If ever we put any other value above (our) liberty, and above principle, we shall lose both.” I would appreciate hearing such warnings from the Republican Party of today.

The Republican Party I used to know placed heavy emphasis on fiscal responsibility, which included balancing the budget whenever the state of the economy allowed it to do so. The Eisenhower administration accomplished that difficult task three times during its eight years in office. It did not attain that remarkable achievement by cutting taxes for the rich. Republicans disliked taxes, of course, but the party accepted them as a necessary means of keep the nation’s financial structure sound.

The Republicans used to be deeply concerned for the middle class and small business. Today’s Republican leadership, while not solely accountable for the loss of American jobs, encourages it with its tax code and heads us in the direction of a society of very rich and very poor.

Sen. Kerry, in whom I am willing to place my trust, has demonstrated that he is courageous, sober, competent, and concerned with fighting the dangers associated with the widening socio-economic gap in this country. I will vote for him enthusiastically.

I celebrate, along with other Americans, the diversity of opinion in this country. But let it be based on careful thought. I urge everyone, Republicans and Democrats alike, to avoid voting for a ticket merely because it carries the label of the party of one’s parents or of our own ingrained habits.

John Eisenhower, son of President Dwight D. Eisenhower, served on the White House staff between October 1958 and the end of the Eisenhower administration. From 1961 to 1964 he assisted his father in writing “The White House Years,” his Presidential memoirs. He served as American ambassador to Belgium between 1969 and 1971. He is the author of nine books, largely on military subjects.

Old 18-10-2004, 00:55   #54
Участник

ypsidan04, an interesting article, indeed. Thank you. Let's hope Americans will actually read it and use their brains.

Old 18-10-2004, 23:54   #55
My Waking Hour

look! weapons of mass destruction here

Old 19-10-2004, 00:04   #56
Участник

After less then a week of being in the lead by 1%, Kerry is now behind again, with Bush's approval at 52% and his at 44% according to the CNN poll. This is beyond ridiculous!! Seems like Americans didn't watch those debates at all!

Old 19-10-2004, 01:07   #57
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Quote:

Uuum. Like I said. USA is politicaly much more important to all of us then any specific European country on it's own. We're talking about the global issues here. And as far as I remember, despite this being a musical forum you discussed The Chechnian War, fire-arms, social problems... all of these variety of topics yourself as well.
It's much more then a forum about a music group these days, I'd reckon.

This is a photo I made in Boston. A banner urging people to vote. They had them all over the place. In colleges, churches, restaurants... the whole Boston has the election vibe to it. Well I guess it's no question who the Bostonians will vote.

I think that one advantage Bush has over Kerry is that he has more human warmth... as in... he looks more like an everyday American, one of them. While Kerry's face just SCREAMS elitist snob. :d

Old 19-10-2004, 02:05   #58
Bitchka

But freds, Bush's face screams: 'Im a f*cking MONKEY!' ... and you know what i CANT stand.... they WAY he speaks and his ACCENT! It drives me insane!
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!

Old 19-10-2004, 04:39   #59
Участник

Okey, tell me if the following poll results make sense to you:

Source

Approve or disapprove of the way President Bush is handling Iraq?

Published Oct. 7th Approve 44% Disapprove 54% Other 0% Error 3% Associated Press-Ipsos

Approve or disapprove of the way President Bush is handling the U.S. campaign against terrorism?

Published Oct. 7th Approve 57% Disapprove 37% Other 0% Error 3% CBS News/New York Times

Approve or disapprove of the way President Bush is handling the economy?

Published Oct. 7th Approve 47% Disapprove 52% Other 0% Error 3% Associated Press-Ipsos

Things are heading in the right direction, or are on the wrong track?

Published Oct. 7th Approve 40% Disapprove 56% Other 0% Error 2% Associated Press-Ipsos

Approve or disapprove of President Bush's performance?

Published Oct. 7th Approve 46% Disapprove 53% Other 0% Error 3% Associated Press-Ipsos

If the election were held today, would you vote for Bush or Kerry?

Published Oct. 7th Bush 48% Kerry 47% Error 4%

What the...?

Old 19-10-2004, 05:36   #60
kis$ it

Send a message via AIM to Lux Send a message via MSN to Lux Send a message via Yahoo to Lux Send a message via Skype™ to Lux
vote Bush because of this: "i own a timber company? i didn't know that. got any wood?" LMAO what a moron.
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete™ forever

I never thought it would be this clear | Lux [ light-ness@hotmail.com ]

Closed ThreadPost New Thread