Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Sports and Entertainment

Eurovision 2005

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 24-03-2005, 23:00   #81
My Waking Hour

I watched Norway and thought his thingie was way too swollen under the leotard. Yeah, pretty bad but I still think it's a good song - in its own retro way. The Darkness would have been even more appropriate though.

For sure Greece will not sound bad. She sings virtually the same as in the record. I like the way she looks now, she has lost weight and her hair is good. The song is written by Christos Dantis who is a performer himself and has written much better songs than this one. The lyrics are better than what you'd expect in their own cheesy way. So it should arrive as one of the favourites if not the favourite. It has a good beat.
Old 25-03-2005, 00:03   #82
ex-sunnich

Send a message via ICQ to la aurora Send a message via MSN to la aurora
But it's ESC 2005 contest, not retro one :P I dunno how but this thing made it to number 1 in Norwegian chart o.o Now that is wierd.

And finally u begin to realize how high ut chances are this year. Ppl would vote for Helena alone, song that isnt the worst this year will be just a nice addition
Old 25-03-2005, 01:21   #83
Primetime Anchor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny poison
But it's ESC 2005 contest, not retro one :P I dunno how but this thing made it to number 1 in Norwegian chart o.o Now that is wierd.
What is so strange about that? Even songs from preselection have passed the charts here in Sweden. The rule says that the entry song may not be commercially released or performed in public before 01.10.2004. That's for this year's contest.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Olga | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ ritzer@hotmail.com ]

Latest News:
| Tatu gallery | Current News | News Archive

Last edited by forre; 02-05-2005 at 20:40.
Old 25-03-2005, 01:43   #84
ex-sunnich

It's wierd how the song that belongs to 80ies can make it to charts while competing with modern commercial bands We had pre-selection here as well.. and if most of the songs were crap, they remained crap and can only dream about hitting the charts..
Old 25-03-2005, 01:50   #85
Primetime Anchor

Ah .. that is simple enough. Think of a song being performed on NRK (Norwegian Naional TV). This is a family event, so half of Norway stuck to the TV with the phones to vote for the song that would represent Norway in Kiev. After that, the singer gives multiple interviews in the papers and on radio and the song is played over and over again. That's the power of a total exposure in the media. You don't need a hit in such cases to top the charts.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Latest News:

Last edited by forre; 25-03-2005 at 03:56.
Old 25-03-2005, 02:10   #86
ex-sunnich

Well.. I believe our songs performed at the prime-time at ORT also can get some popularity at ORT music chart. But MTV... MUZ-TV.. radio.. hm.. I'm not sure to be frank that even the winner will make it to number 1 position. ESC and general music-loving audience are 2 different things most of the time.
Old 25-03-2005, 04:21   #87
Primetime Anchor

Norway is a small country with proud people and songs performed by native artists always get a special attention. The same with Sweden. 14 songs from the national selection are sitting in the Top 40 now, where 4 of them have topped it. What do we have now? Right - Las Vegas is #1. Then the positions in the chart are changing every week depending on the singles' sale. Even if there are always better songs, they need time to climb the charts and they can't stay there for ever.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Latest News:
Old 25-03-2005, 05:06   #88
ex-sunnich

Oh.. I got it =) We have different system for charts. Norway and Sweden make their charts depending on singles sales like most of normal european countries. And here with such level of piracy artists just dont release singles at all so charts are formed by money, aquatances.. in the best case - voting. Neither of these ways leaves any chances for ESC participants.
Old 25-03-2005, 06:10   #89
My Waking Hour

It's the hype after being selected for the ESC. Cry Baby ( the infamous nil pois(sic!) reached no 15 in the UK charts, an infinitely bigger market than Norway's. And that was even after it competed in the ESC )

Touch My Fire would most certainly reach the Top 5. The singles chart can be easily manupulated.

If I like the Norwegian song, does it elevate me into a weirdo? Look at The Darkness. The guy can't even sing properly and they're one of the biggest selling acts of the UK. It's a novelty comic thing if anything else.
Old 25-03-2005, 06:16   #90
ex-sunnich

spyretto, do u ever sleep? lol
Old 25-03-2005, 06:22   #91
ex-sunnich

Well I have no time to sleep.. I have to catch up to all belorussian versions submitted There are loads of..

kiddin.. I dont sleep but for diff reason. I got work to do.
Old 25-03-2005, 08:24   #92
My Waking Hour

esctoday.com has all the news

Quote:
Wig Wam have reached the first place in the official Norwegian single charts with their Eurovision entry In my dreams. The last time a Melodi Grand Prix winner hit the first place in the charts was 20 years ago when Bobbysocks reached the top with La det swinge.
Last year's Norwegian representative Knut Anders Sørum only managed to enter the top 20 for one week at the lowest position with the song High. Jostein Hasselgård managed to reach the 12th position with I'm not afraid to move on in 2003. Haldor Lægreid peaked at the 5th place in 2001, Charmed & Van Eijk made it to the 3rd place back in 2000 and 1999 respectively.
Now that's funny...so it's not only that Norway has a small market, they do seem to like that song

As for the Turkish song, yeah, the final remix of the song is worse. Instead of making it more Westernised to appeal to the European audience they made it more Arabic. They even took away the bass line which I liked...oh well, maybe they didn't have faith in the song's chances.

Last edited by spyretto; 25-03-2005 at 08:35.
Old 25-03-2005, 08:33   #93
ex-sunnich

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyretto
As for the Turkish song, yeah, the final remix of the song is worse. Instead of making it more Westernised to appeal to the European audience they made it more Arabic. They even took away the bass line which I liked...oh well, maybe they didn't have faith in the song's chances.
lol and may be just like Ukrainians they did everything NOT to win as god, thats expensive :P
Old 26-03-2005, 06:54   #94
My Waking Hour

Hmm, the Portuguese song ain't that bad after all...for the extremely "original" song that it is
Old 26-03-2005, 07:15   #95
ex-sunnich

Havent heard it yet but they say it's still not goof enough to win whole thing... after all the hype they caused with hiding the song. Was it worth it?
Old 26-03-2005, 07:20   #96
My Waking Hour

No, of course not, but the hype was allegendly because they were trying to persuade Nelly Furtado to sing their song ( unless that was a rumour ).
Then they run out of time and had to choose a song in a hurry...

They have the video of the song - and all the other videos - on this site:

http://eurovil.iba.org.il/
Old 26-03-2005, 07:23   #97
ex-sunnich

Yeah.. I heard about Dana International as well lol Thanks for the link. i'll check when get home and get normal connection
Old 05-04-2005, 17:02   #98
Primetime Anchor

Spy, I'll start to think soon that you are suffering from some personality disorder. Look at the number of deleted messages!

Well, back to the ESC. Swedish music journalists ranked the songs.
Here's the list:

Final 21 maj

2. UK +
3. Malta ++
6. Turkey +++
8. Albania ++
9. Cyprus ++
10. Spain ++++
12. Serbia-Montenegro ++
14. Sweden ++++
16. Ukraine +++
17. Germany ++
19. Greece +++
20. Russia ++
21. Bosnia-Herzogovina ++++
24. France +++

Semifinal 19 maj

1. Austria +++
2. Lithuania +++
3. Portugal ++
4. Moldova +++
5. Latvia +++
6. Monaco ++
7. Israel +
8. Belorussia ++++
9. Netherlands +
10. Iceland +++
11. Belgium +
12. Estonia +++
13. Norge -
14. Rumania +
15. Hungary ++
16. Finland ++
17. FYR Makedonien ++
18. Andorra ++
19. Schwtzerland +++
20. Croatia +++
21. Bulgaria +++
22. Ireland +++
23. Slovenia +
24. Denmark +++
25. Poland +
~~~~~~~~~~~

Latest News:
Old 05-04-2005, 17:14   #99
My Waking Hour

These pluses are stars? For example, Spain, Bosnia-Herzegovina Belarus and Sweden get 4 stars ie. voted best songs? What is the age-range of the journalists' readership? I bet it's no more than 15-16 years old.

I think you didn't get the meaning of my deleted messages forre. I delete the messages when I'm satisfied that the person to whom I address them has read them. There's no reason why the whole forum has to read something that does not concern them, and frankly they don't care about. I also delete all messages about something that I start and I later consider off-topic. ( and they are off-topic ) I'm saving a lot of your precious time as a mod.

So what are your favourite songs from eurovision? I only like Swiss, Slovenia and Moldova, and some of the others could make interesting fillers i.e. Lithuania, Russia etc.

Last edited by spyretto; 05-04-2005 at 18:27.
Old 05-04-2005, 17:47   #100
Bitchka

Quote:
Originally Posted by forre
Swedish music journalists ranked the songs.
Here's the list:

Final 21 maj

21. Bulgaria +++
were they blind/deaf???
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
ReplyPost New Thread