Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum General discussions

Computer help thread

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 18-03-2004, 07:33   #181
Like OMG!

Send a message via AIM to protoman2k1
ok

lately ive been having some problems

I have recently began to receive a great amount of pop ups, and its getting damn tiring, i always get this damn pop up that says best of, whenever i go to any site, well not also that but i cant change the webpage on IE, if i do it goes back to normal once I turn off the pc, and also whenever I do a search at yahoo or google some annoying window pops up that searches for the same thing , i think its something like search-company.com, I need help I already installed ad-aware and spybot, and this still happens help !
-Gabriel
Old 18-03-2004, 09:59   #182
winter days ...

protoman2k1 have you tried using googles toolbar ? it will block popups for you.

you also need to check to see if anything has recently been installed on your pc that you didnt install [such as a searchcompany.com program. i am not sure what it would be called.

look for "iefeatsl" see if that is in your programs list [go to start, settings, control panel, add / remove programs.]

let me know if this helps, if not i will do some more digging for you that does not involve editing your windows registry.

editing the registry is very much a "at your own peril" type of activity. if you feel comfortable editing the registry let me know and ill outline another procedure for you.

denial : i see in another post you were waiting for me ? is there something i have missed ? have not read through entire thread im afraid. is there something i can assist with ? please let me know
Old 18-03-2004, 11:50   #183
winter days ...

HOW TO REMOVE [MOST] HOMEPAGE HIJACKERS

hey everyone, this is a VERY interesting link and VERY informative. i rarely type in caps so the added emphasis is definitely warranted

check out this link :

http://www.pchell.com/support/searchspace.shtml

it has info on how to get rid of most home page hijackers.

http://www.pchell.com/ in general is a really cool site with all sorts of info on just about any pc problem that could cause you some grief. little write up ... copied from their page :

"You've Been Here Before, but Now You're Just Visiting...

Everyone has been to PC Hell at one time or another. It's that place you visit when your personal computer is driving you insane with problems, glitches, and so on. To try to soothe the frustration, we'll provide some tips, hints, and troubleshooting remedies to help you get out of PC Hell. Be warned however, sometimes there is no exit...."

hehe a bit ominous

ok if anyone checks that webpage and has questions about certain procedures, as always i am more than happy to provide any assistance
Old 18-03-2004, 15:07   #184
the truth is out there...

Denial thank you for your efforts! It's very much appreciated

Quote:
Originally posted by denial
There is another setting in Zone Alarm Program Control -- Main - highlight the IE .. at the bottom right .. click on "Option" .. there you can check "This program may use other programs to access internet" .. mine is set to UNCHECK.
That's exactly what I was looking for, Is that Zone alarm PRO?

Quote:
Or trojan that act as client trying to access to its server on internet.... if it using IE .. I think it can go through.
Exactly, and it's not the only problem, actually it could even use the firewall itself to go through. I found this out after installing a trojan (PCAudit)that tries to access it's server, it's supposed to tell you if your firewall works. After spending a whole day trying to stop it from sending info (passwords, screendumps..) from my computer , without any success, i finally realised that it used the Zone alarm to access Internet, so watch out...Yeah, i'm getting paranoid alright

Last edited by piojita; 18-03-2004 at 15:13.
Old 18-03-2004, 15:22   #185
the truth is out there...

protoman2k1 do you have a pop up stopper to block the ads? I use Pop this! it works, it's free and easy to use.
My guess is you have spyware on your computer, have you scanned it lately for trojans? A friend of mine had this problems afer installing Kazaa
Old 18-03-2004, 15:43   #186
you'll need love

Quote:
A friend of mine had this problems afer installing Kazaa
I would recommend kazaa lite instead Worked for me since it includes less "needfull" programs
~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't waste your time on me you're already
the voice inside my head
Old 06-05-2004, 17:45   #187
Участник

Send a message via ICQ to nath Send a message via MSN to nath Send a message via Skype™ to nath
I have a PROBLEM. I got a virus : Exploit.IFrame.FileDownload ...so i was looking for patches....but i have explorer 6 and they say no patch is need for explorer 6 ...but i have always my virus!...;Could you help me with any suggestion, please ?
By advance a great THANKS
Old 06-05-2004, 20:54   #188
enter sadman

Send a message via Skype™ to crni
i believe this should help...
~~~~~~~~~~~
030904 - worst day of my life
.:ignorance is a bliss:.
.:truth is just an excuse for the lack of imagination:.
Old 07-05-2004, 19:16   #189
Участник

Send a message via ICQ to nath Send a message via MSN to nath Send a message via Skype™ to nath
Thank a lot CRNI but...i have try it again ...and another time right now...and the software tells me "you need internet explorer 6.0 to install it "...the problem is that I HAve explorer 6.0......i have tried all the numbers of versions of patches for different explorer versions.....But thanks a lot for your help ...
Old 09-05-2004, 14:50   #190
you'll need love

I don't know much about removing vira. My only idea is that you could be lacking a windows update or something And I'm pretty sure that idea is wrong. But if I'm right it's: http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com

*adds thread to notification*
~~~~~~~~~~~
the voice inside my head
Old 09-05-2004, 21:02   #191
Участник

wrong.....i've already tested...hihi.....but thanks for the help.....the intention is the most important.....i think i'ld just say bye bye to this one wheni'll format my hardrive....pss....and i have a blazer 5 too, i think....
Old 09-05-2004, 21:07   #192
you'll need love

hehe.. ok.. figured I will give up on trying to figure out how to cure a virus. I always get it wrong anyway

Hopefully you will get it back to normal soon then
~~~~~~~~~~~
the voice inside my head
Old 12-05-2004, 07:26   #193
Участник

I would need another help : Could you explain to me which software do I use for extracting (recording) the sound from a video and How to use it , please?
Thanks
Old 12-05-2004, 11:21   #194
enter sadman

you could use GoldWave... get it at www.goldwave.com
it's 1,5mb and fairly easy to use. just go to file-open and select the video you would like to extract the audio from. then the program itself reads only the audio from the video () and there you have it! just save the file as .wav or .wma and that's it!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 12-05-2004, 13:38   #195
Участник

CRNI....ARWWWWWWWW........I'm SO HAPPYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!
Thank you very much, very much.....Now i can listen the song that i wanted and that i had found just in video........You're always the one who saves me...ahah...the next time i'll send you a direct PM......Merci again
Old 12-05-2004, 22:27   #196
enter sadman

sunwalk, np, ur welcome
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 04-06-2004, 19:31   #197
Участник

Okay..i have a new problem: with my camera (Canon IXUS 400) i can make some little movies and i can see them on my computer without problem (at the origine , the software "Quick Time" was with the camera to see them on the computer).
But if i burn them on a cd , and try to see them on the tv with an [b]DVD-DIVX[i] player, I can't. I can see the pics with a DVD-DiVX player but not the little movies.

Would you know a software which could convert/change the format of these little movies in AVI. or in other things to allow me to see them with my DVD-DIVX PLAYER , please?
Thanks a lot for your help.
Old 04-06-2004, 23:09   #198
enter sadman

well... you could use tutorial on this page...
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 22-06-2004, 19:06   #199
a kind of fresh madness

I was hoping someone could give me some advice cos my computer is acting up and I don’t know what to do.
As soon as I go online I’m bombarded by loads of pop-ups and when I try to close them I just get a “program is not responding” message. If I click “cancel” nothing happens and everything freezes and if I click “end now” all the windows close and I have to start all over again.
I know I could just leave the pop-up’s open but I’ve heard stories about how, somehow, leaving certain pop-up’s open can really run up your phone bill because someone is charging you money the whole time they are on your screen. I saw an article on the news about this one guy who ran up a phone bill of over £1,500 in this way!
I’ve had to type this message on Word while I was offline and copy and paste it here cos spending more than 30 seconds online is practically impossible for me since this problem started. Could someone please give me some idea of what’s going wrong and how I can fix it? I hope I’ll be able to come back to read any replies.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...
or is it just to humour us before we die?
Old 22-06-2004, 19:08   #200
winter days ...

mossopp : install spybot and adaware and google toolbar

urls

adaware : www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/

spybot : www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=download

google toolbar : toolbar.google.com

install the first two first. run them one after the other. they will rid your machine of spyware and other nasties

google toolbar has a handy feature that allows you to BLOCK popups.
ReplyPost New Thread