Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Sports and Entertainment

Movie Moments

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 14-10-2003, 15:46   #1
Участник

Movie Moments

You know how sometimes in a movie there will be a scene that just grabs you, and won't let go?

I thought maybe we could list a few of those moments.

1)Sophie's Choice--For me, the scene where she has to pick which of her children will live has to be one of the most heartbreaking scenes I've ever seen. Meryl Streep became one of my favorite actresses with that movie.

2) The Color Purple---this movie has a *lot* of moments that were incredible. My personal favorites were: (a) When Shug leads a whole crowd of people to her father's church, singing "God Is Trying to Tell You Something". When she finally faces her father, you can tell that she's given her *all* to that song, trying so hard to get her father's love back. When she hugs him, and he hugs her back, the look of joy and relief on her face is amazing. (b) When Cellie *finally* is reunited with her family after so many years. There is a lot of joy in that scene...but it's also tinged with sadness because they have lost so much time together.

Parrish
Old 15-10-2003, 01:19   #2
The Dream is Over, :~(

Do they have to be sad moments?

The ultimate one had to be the moments of The Usual Suspects. I saw this when it first came out in theatres, (God bless my sister who helped me sneak into R-rated films when I was a kid), so I had no idea what to expect. I thought the movie was alright, nothing spectacular, but when that moment came everybody in the audience was like "Get the Fcuk outta here!!!"

The next closest thing was Memento, it was similar to The Usual Suspects.

The saddest moment is kinda weird. Thing is see, I have never cried to a film, ever but this one came close. It was in Babe at the end of the competition when the farmer guy looks down at Babe and say "That'll do pig, that'll do."
It was sooo touching!
Old 15-10-2003, 03:49   #3
Участник

Memento still confuses me....

the most memorable moment for me is Robert De Niro in Taxi Driver, where his doing that "you talkin' to me?" routine.
Old 15-10-2003, 08:55   #4
New Dicking Cream!

Send a message via AIM to XtremeHollywood
.?.

The Goonies : "Ay Senor Walsh! Ay dios mio! No firmen!"
"Uh, no pen, no paper, no sign, NO SIGN!"
Old 15-10-2003, 14:18   #5
the unattainable kish

Send a message via ICQ to kishkash Send a message via MSN to kishkash
Quote:
The next closest thing was Memento
saw that movie...but didn't get into it 'cause i was giggling about the ruffle-ness of ruffles potato chips with my friends *cough* erm...but yah...it was pretty decent tho

The moment that most stands out in my mind to this day though, is from the movie Bambi (yah yah gimmie a 10 for corniness). I remember going to see it with a friend and my nanny when it came out in theaters, and that part where his mom dies is absolutely wrenching It was all i could do to not look like a blubbering idiot so i blocked LOL

ANYWAY.... there are ohers..but i can't remember them
~~~~~~~~~~~
Ze origional p.I.m.p
karens quote of the day: 'If i were gay it'd be so much easier'

forkMeRaw | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ urmamawantsme@hotmail.com ]
Old 31-10-2003, 20:15   #6
My Waking Hour

The classical piece moment in the Shawshank Redemption, I thought that was pretty powerful...
Old 09-11-2003, 00:49   #7
Прохожий

Titanic

The scene when Rose jumps off the lifeboat and into Jack's arms and they embrace and all the while Jack's yelling at her, "You're so stupid! Why'd you do that huh??" and he's kissing her, etc. And she says "You jump I jump right?" and then they hug tightly....
Old 09-11-2003, 00:57   #8

Ahh there's so many..

In the final scenes of Schindler's List, probably the most emotional part in any movie that has and will come.

The ending speech about love in A Beautiful Mind was also good.

There are so many films out there that can teach us so much..
Old 09-11-2003, 18:15   #9
Santa's bodyguard

Platoon when Elias comes out of jungle and sees he missed the chopper.

Platoon end scene when chopper takes off and you see that large hole and Americans throwing dead VCs in it.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Ho, ho, ho. Santa is in town. And he has a list of naughty girls.

Proud "no club member" club member

Life sucks so why don't you just drop your pants and enjoy it?

Tatysite, love or leave it. And don't bother complaining, thread will be closed.
Old 09-11-2003, 19:26   #10
you'll need love

Legends of the Fall when Tristan is leaving the family house and Susannah wants him to stay
Braveheart - the execution
Having a hard time finding scenes.. I'm way better at quotes.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't waste your time on me you're already
the voice inside my head
Old 09-11-2003, 19:31   #11
OG

Send a message via AIM to madeldoe
Scarface - when he's all funked up in the high class restaurant and yells at all the people staring at him "What are you lookin' at? You're all a bunch of fuckin' assholes. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be.You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your fuckin' fingers, and say "that's the bad guy." So, what'll that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth, even when I lie.. So say goodnight to the bad guy. Come on. The last time you gonna see a bad guy like this again, let me tell ya...

Fight Club - the movie in itself is so fecking good, but tyler durden monologues are the bestest

"You are not your job.
You are not how much you have in the bank.
You are not the contents of your wallet.
You are not your fucking Khakis.
You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake.
You are the all-singing, all-dancing crap of
the world."

"Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War.
Our war is spiritual. Our depression is our lives."

se7en - when John Doe was riding in the back and he says "We see a deadly sin on every street corner, in every home, and we tolerate it. We tolerate it because it's common, it's trival. We tolerate it morning, noon, and night. Well, not anymore. I'm setting the example. And what I've done is going to be puzzled over, and studied, and followed... forever. "

devils advocate- when al pacino sticks his finger into the holy water and looks up smirking.

ms.TLFdk, im much better at the quote me self..obviously lol
~~~~~~~~~~~
"im fly as hell. swagga right. brown skin poppin like, dynamite"
Old 09-11-2003, 21:31   #12
kis$ it

Send a message via AIM to Lux Send a message via MSN to Lux Send a message via Yahoo to Lux Send a message via Skype™ to Lux
the part in The Godfather III when Michael Corleone is reading the letter he wrote to his children. something about the only wealth in the world being children. touching.

Trainspotting - but i chose not to choose life. i chose something else. and the reasons? there are no reasons. who needs reasons when you've got heroin?

se7en following nataku - part of dialogue from John Doe [kevin spacey] - i'm afraid, envy is my sin. i tried to play husband, it didnt work out. she begged for her life and the life inside of her. i took a souvenir, her pretty head. become wrath david, become vengeance.
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete™ forever

I never thought it would be this clear | Lux [ light-ness@hotmail.com ]

Last edited by Lux; 10-11-2003 at 20:29.
Old 10-11-2003, 10:34   #13
my iron lung

Send a message via Yahoo to febrika
cinderella. [cartoon]
from the beginning til the end.
just looovvee it.

tom and jerry
part 27 or something .. the one when jerry said : "hangar !"
and they begin to fight.
~~~~~~~~~~~
"buzz lightyear to starcommand, starcommand come in"
Old 10-11-2003, 13:44   #14
we shout

ooohhhh...movie talks !! ohh I could sit here forever talking about my favorite movie moments ...

okay .. I just choose one . my most favorite will be from "Autumn in New York" .. a very beautiful movie ... make you smile all the time . well accept the ending .. well I mean New York and autumn and Richard Gere and Wynona Ryder .. ahh ..

The scene started from when both of them in the taxi on the way to the park.

"Look, you gotta look on the bright side. I mean, if, if I wasn't sick…this will not work .. I mean there's no way we going to be here sitting with each other..bla.. bla.. bla.. "
"I know I could be your father"
"I prefer uncle"
"You think we should break this off?"
"hmmm.. afraid you might feel something?"

Walking the park:
"Lets talk about you .. you are .. 49?"
"48! 48!" hitting the ground with his umbrella. (I found this very funny hehehe)

Wynona taking off Richard's watch from his wrist.
"What are you doing?"
"I'm keeping it"
"This is my watch"
"yep"
"When do I get it back?"
"When you forget that I have it"

And the other scene is when Richard's friend told him
"..what ever angle you look at this .. just treat her nice..just treat her nice..."

..well thinking about the watch .. sad movie actually .. *sigh* .. now I am sad ..
Old 10-11-2003, 19:31   #15
a kind of fresh madness

Stand By Me

"I'm never gonna get out of this town am I, Gordie?"
"You can do anything you want, man."

The Goonies

"Yeah, but you know what? This one, this one right here. This was my dream, my wish. And it didn't come true. So I'm taking it back. I'm taking them all back."
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...
or is it just to humour us before we die?
Old 10-11-2003, 21:55   #16
Echoes among the Stars

Gone With the Wind, especially on the big screen, has a lot of moments I remember...these are just two.

When Scarlett returns to Tara and asks about her mother, and they start to tell her about her and break off uneasily, she starts calling, "Mother? Mother?" moving towards the door with the music in the background...

Later when Scarlett is out in the garden at Tara, looking up saying, "I'll never be hungry again! No, nor any of my kin - I'll never be hungry again!" and then you have INTERMISSION
Old 12-11-2003, 19:30   #17
a kind of fresh madness

Donnie Darko

"Why do you wear that stupid bunny suit?"
"Why do you wear that stupid man suit?"

Has anyone else seen this movie? The first time I watched that part I started to laugh but when you really think about what Frank means by his response to Donnie's question the whole thing takes on a much deeper meaning.
It really is an amazing movie.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...
Old 12-11-2003, 20:56   #18
Just say maybe

I've seen Donnie Darko a couple of times. I was even sober on one of those occasions. It stood up very well to a repeat viewing, there's a lot I didn't take in the first time around.

Absolutely wonderful it is too. I'm terrible at explaining why I like films, but everything's in the right place in this movie. Particularly its heart. I can't fault the message that fucking up and being scared are beautiful, valuable experiences.

Soundtrack is top, too. I'll give full marks for bleak humour to anyone who uses Love Will Tear Us Apart for a first fuck scene.

Plus both Jake Gyllenhaal and Jena Malone are hot. This matters.

I treasure Donnie's Smurf rant most highly.

And now I've made myself want to see this film again as soon as possible.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Stay in the underworld with me.
Old 12-11-2003, 22:04   #19
Участник

Crying game . The 1st 30 minutes where Jody and Fergus have conversations; one of my favorites is "frog and scorpio" part, "It`s in my nature". Then Dil and Fergus at the bar, all those bar meetings. Scene at the buildings and the end where Dil comes to visit Fergus. ==> The whole movie is good.
Old 13-11-2003, 00:28   #20
a kind of fresh madness

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Violence
I treasure Donnie's Smurf rant most highly.
"First of all, Papa Smurf didn't create Smurfette. Gargamel did. She was sent in as Gargamel's evil spy with the intention of destroying the Smurf village, but the overwhelming goodness of the Smurf way of life transformed her. And as for the whole gang-bang scenario, it just couldn't happen. Smurfs are asexual. They don't even have reproductive organs under those little white pants. That's what's so illogical, you know, about being a Smurf. What's the point of living if you don't have a dick?"
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...
ReplyPost New Thread