Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU Forum Archive English forum archive Tatu In Podnebesnaya

Tatu in Podnebesnaya. Releases from 21.02.04 and 22.02.04. [aka Eps. 11 & 12]

Old 26-02-2004, 21:09   #201
motylik

Send a message via ICQ to Lena410
haku, thanks. I appreciate your opinion. I have given up explaining that geographically Slovakia is in the middle of europe. It's really good to hear that someone at least knows that.
~~~~~~~~~~~
"Asking the right questions will make all the doubts go away." ~ German teacher
"Having the right doubts will make all the questions go away." ~ My best(est) friend ^^

Old 26-02-2004, 21:12   #202
ex-sunnich

Send a message via ICQ to la aurora Send a message via MSN to la aurora
Quote:
Originally posted by haku
Like sunny poison said they could have sent a tape to MTV Asia instead of going, but the message had to be in English and Yulia refused to speak in English.
That's probably why MTV didn't accept the tape.
Oh, yeah... I forgot to comment on this one.

Not. Yulia didn't refuse to record the thing in English. The whole situation looked kinda like this:
Yulia and Lena were getting ready to tape the thing. No one of managers was around. Just 2 of them and the camera. Then they began to talk about the language they had to record the thing in. Lena said it should be in English. But Yulia was like... 'hmmm... wait... Singapore is Asia, isn't it? They don't have English is a native language there. So may be it would be better if we record the thing in Russian and then those MTV guys translate it directly to their language?' Lena answered that everyone does it in English. Yulia got a little mad saying: 'everyone? so that's how things are now? if everyone does, TATU do the same?'. But then after thinking a bit she suggested to do it in both languages. In her opinion they should say 'Hi. We are TATU' in English together and then Yulia speaks a bit Russian and Lena does in English. Lena agreed. So that was the way it was done it seems. Mansky didn't show how the whole recording looked but it began with 'hi. we are tatu'. and then Yulia said they couldn't attend the ceremony due to personal reasons (wich was true... at least they didn't say that they were working on their album or something like many artists do). So, I don't think language was the reason the tape was rejected. They could record another one if THAT was the problem

Old 26-02-2004, 21:47   #203
Участник

Thank you, sunny poison. Your posts are quite enlightening and very informative indeed.

xena225

Old 26-02-2004, 21:58   #204
iMod

Quote:
Originally posted by sunny poison
haku, well... thanks for ur trust... tho I'd prefere to hear u trust my reports just coz u trust me (i never lied to u) and not coz I appeared to be right about them not being lesbians. It could be a pure luck I guessed
My post was general (i do a lot of those ). Me personally, i trust you because you are you.

And thanks for clearing that language thing. Well, Singapore is a former British colony, and as far as i know, English is an official language there, so i don't really see what Yulia meant by "those MTV guys translate it directly to their language".
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]

Old 26-02-2004, 22:05   #205
ex-sunnich

u are welcome, xena225 i try my best, really.

hehe... *takes the flower from Haku* mmmm... glad to hear me is trusted *blushes*

as for the language thing... well... lol... it's YOU who knows that Singapore is 'a former British colony'. Yulia doesn't. She was shining with pride for herself when guessed it was in Asia lol The girl isn't too educated... but she meant her best, really lol

Old 26-02-2004, 22:25   #206
I don't waste my time

Quote:
La vida es dura y llena de trampas
Lena410, GREAT QUOTE!

Quote:
Yulia got a little mad saying: 'everyone? so that's how things are now? if everyone does, TATU do the same?'.
Oh, please So, if everyone wipes their asses after they take a shit, TATU will have to wipe their asses? Oh, please That is waaay too normal!

Last edited by Unplugged; 26-02-2004 at 22:36.

Old 26-02-2004, 23:27   #207
tATu - Fan

sunny poison Thanks for your additional report and as well for your post on the other page - I think there's a lot of truth in it.

Old 26-02-2004, 23:33   #208
Участник

What is this about the girls never saying they were together ? Lena did - she said they were in love and sometimes when you are with someone things don't always go as you expect. It was her and you used to be able to download it off Alta Vista (I think - I'm a bit tired). It was when she was asked if they were together or splitting up by someone on Radio 1. There was also something to do with baths/showers and she said that this was a normal thing to do with your partner when in a relationship.

I know this is off topic. Sorry. Also many people in the UK didn't know they were actresses. The gay rights thing was important but many liked the attitude and the romance, passion etc between the girls and thought it was real. The girls encouraged that view. The time was right for something like this - a real gap in the market but it needed to be real to work. That's partly why some people are so saddened now. To me, there have been so many lies that there is no longer a positive message. I still like the music and the girls but in a different way. Whether this will last ... ?

Thanks Sunny Poison for info, sorry for being so negative. I'm mainly with Haku on this one !

Last edited by nikki; 26-02-2004 at 23:48.

Old 27-02-2004, 00:01   #209
заичонок

Quote:
And thanks for clearing that language thing. Well, Singapore is a former British colony, and as far as i know, English is an official language there, so i don't really see what Yulia meant by "those MTV guys translate it directly to their language".
From my experience, English is far more of a common language in East Asia than Russian is. 10 points to Yul for thinking, minus 10 points for not thinking enough
~~~~~~~~~~~
You've cried enough this lifetime, my beloved polar bear

Old 27-02-2004, 01:55   #210
tATu - Fan

Quote:
Well, Singapore is a former British colony, and as far as i know, English is an official language there, so i don't really see what Yulia meant by "those MTV guys translate it directly to their language".
It can hardly be expected that everyone knows about the eventful history of Singapore (british colony, Straits Settlements, japanese occupation, part of Malaysia ...), having that in mind Yulia's comment makes sense.

Besides for example at german Award-shows the video-messages (no matter which language - english, french, italian, spanish ... ) are usually translated for the viewers.

Last edited by Rob; 27-02-2004 at 02:11.

Old 27-02-2004, 02:28   #211
Участник

Thanks for your reports, sunny poison!

I laughed when I read Yulia's chain of logic. It reveals ignorance not just about Singapore ("those MTV guys can translate it directly to their language" - the main language of Singapore IS English), but a more amazing one about Asia and MTV Asia. What bloody language does she think MTV Asia is broadcast in? It doesn't require a detailed knowledge of the history of Singapore to realise that MTV Asia broadcasts in English, not "Singaporese".

Whether or not they set out to deceive people? I think you can point to some interviews where they said such ridiculous things that it seemed kind of clear they were kidding. I never understood why red flags didn't go up for everyone. On the other hand, there were other interviews where they didn't do that and those interviews do seem rather deceptive.

Old 27-02-2004, 02:37   #212
tATu - Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by simon
It reveals ignorance not just about Singapore ("those MTV guys can translate it directly to their language" - the main language of Singapore IS English), but a more amazing one about Asia and MTV Asia. What bloody language does she think MTV Asia is broadcast in? It doesn't require a detailed knowledge of the history of Singapore to realise that MTV Asia broadcasts in English, not "Singaporese".
The fact that some people here know about Singapore and the languages spoken there (malayian, mandarin, tamil and english), doesn't mean that everyone knows.

Old 27-02-2004, 02:55   #213
spooning good singing gum

Quote:
Thanks for your reports, sunny poison!

I laughed when I read Yulia's chain of logic. It reveals ignorance not just about Singapore ("those MTV guys can translate it directly to their language" - the main language of Singapore IS English), but a more amazing one about Asia and MTV Asia. What bloody language does she think MTV Asia is broadcast in? It doesn't require a detailed knowledge of the history of Singapore to realise that MTV Asia broadcasts in English, not "Singaporese".

Whether or not they set out to deceive people? I think you can point to some interviews where they said such ridiculous things that it seemed kind of clear they were kidding. I never understood why red flags didn't go up for everyone. On the other hand, there were other interviews where they didn't do that and those interviews do seem rather deceptive.
Poor Yul, not too bright but she is pretty funny. The most deceptive interview to me was the one when they were in Italy and that Wal-Mart guy was translating for them. Lena told the story about their "relationship" (quotes like "our parents understood everything and they are ok with the fact we are together.") and Yulia wouldn't kiss the girl because "I love her (lena) and she loves me" Man, they tried really hard in that one to convince everyone they were together (or Lena did because Yulia didn't speak too much). I couldn't tell they were lying at all. It all seemed sincere. I wonder if someone called them on this what they would say. It was pretty direct about what they were trying to convey i.e. we are in love with one another.

Old 27-02-2004, 03:04   #214
ex-sunnich

Quote:
she said they were in love and sometimes when you are with someone things don't always go as you expect
well... in Russian there's no difference between 'being IN love' and just 'love'. I don't know if it was said in russian or english (in wich Lena isn't good enough to see the difference also). Anyway, what she said is true... sometimes things don't always go as u expect. Don't u agree?

Quote:
baths/showers... she said that this was a normal thing to do with your partner when in a relationship
isn't it true as well?

most of the time they were saying general things without saying those were about them personally. But hey, I'm not going to argue with you here. It would be plain stupid of me to do that. If u read my post atttentively, u'll see that I don't claim 'they never said they we in love'. I just tell you they had their reasons to say that.

As for the language... Yulia didn't know english was official language in Singapore. Sue her. It just happened so that the girl didn't have chance to get a proper education... u see... she was just working as a horse recording the songs u like so much now and giving 2-3 concerts a day (yeah, they worked really hard those years in Russia). But even with this, she didn't think Russian was the main language in Asia. The just thought as english wasn't native neither for them, nor for ppl in Singapore, it would be better to record the thing in russian... as it would be easier for them to express what they mean... if the thing should be translated anyway. And of course it was a real crime from her to suppose that MTV Asia broadcasts in any popular asian language

U are geeting so bitter even on such liitle details... I dunno... it seems that every word I say... just gives u the reason to bash them even more. I'm glad the show is almost over and I'll have to write just one more report. Coz I think u'v got enough things to discuss already. *sigh*

Old 27-02-2004, 05:16   #215
Участник

Not bashing you at all. I only know a little Russian so I was always impressed by Lenas English. I think she knew what she meant. There is a difference between just being close friends and what they did during interviews. A friend has just pointed out that this was an interview where she said that they were fed up of people wanting to know about their private life. They wanted people to listen to the music. But one day they would show people their other sides or something. We were also told that pasha was Yulias minder. I think some of this is interesting in view of what is happening now.

Will not say any more after these last couple of things. I do think they were different things in different countries. I also don't think our press did them any favours either.

Looking forward to your next post.

Old 27-02-2004, 06:33   #216
Участник

Thanks for your reports sunny poison.
Quote:
I don’t think you think you really believe this simon. You’re just using this as another reason to attack tatu but if anyone said you were not telling the truth, you’d do doubt mock them saying “It was obviously a joke” as you always do when you get caught out.

Old 27-02-2004, 07:02   #217
motylik

Send a message via ICQ to Lena410
staringelf, thanks! love that quote myself :nod:

I think it was cute that yul concidered which language to use. *nods* honestly if I were them then I would use russian for every non-explicitly english speaking country. Because *they* are russian.
~~~~~~~~~~~
"Asking the right questions will make all the doubts go away." ~ German teacher
"Having the right doubts will make all the questions go away." ~ My best(est) friend ^^

Old 27-02-2004, 09:08   #218
Участник

Quote:
Originally posted by sunny poison
U are geeting so bitter even on such liitle details... I dunno... it seems that every word I say... just gives u the reason to bash them even more.
If you hadn't written this, I would have. EVERYTHING they do is twisted until it can be turned against them in one way or another, it seems. The fact that she took a lot of time to do this video clip to thank the fans personally NOW gets turned into "Yulia is so stupid for not knowing Singapore was a British colony once, hahaha, poor little dumb girl". How suave, how superior.

I'm not gonna get into a "Yulia is intelligent - no, she's not - yes, she is" debate here, as this is wasted time anyway, but consider this:

The girl is 19 years old and she is a millionaire with world fame.

How many 19-year-old millionaires with world fame are on this forum, I wonder?

Thanks again, sunny poison - your reports and thoughtful comments are always a joy to read, even if I don't always agree with you. But your comments are so informed and stated in such matter-of-fact way that they always make me sit back and consider things I wouldn't have considered otherwise. Thank you!

xena225

P.S. I'm guessing the "19-year-old millionaire"- remark will be turned against Yulia as well really quickly. Oh well. Knock yourselves out.

Last edited by xena225; 27-02-2004 at 09:17.

Old 27-02-2004, 09:48   #219
iMod

Quote:
Originally posted by xena225
The girl is 19 years old and she is a millionaire with world fame.
How many 19-year-old millionaires with world fame are on this forum, I wonder?
Well, since i'm the one who started the language thing and made the remark about the former British colony (I don't remember calling Yulia dumb or stupid though, and i don't think i've ever said i was superiorly intelligent)...

Yes, Yulia is half my age and she already has much more money than i will ever have, she has a boyfriend, a special friendship with Lena, and thousands of people who love her around the world. Not to mention that she actually has a social life and doesn't spend hours online everyday.

I have no problem to admit that her life is much more succesful and fulfilled than mine will ever be.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]

Old 27-02-2004, 09:50   #220
Участник

xena225, just because Julia made fame and millions out of lies and poor acting doesn't mean she is intelligent. If she got a scholarship to Harvard at 19, it would have been a complitely different story. She, on the other hand, will be left with her millions (which is still a question), without education what-so-ever before she will turn 20. Let's wait and see.

[I dunno about you guys, but education is the most important thing to me.]

Most of the things about Tatu are not negative, they are just pathetic and funny (because they are so very very sad). That's all.

And that, my friends, is my personal opinion, NOT A FACT. So save that arguement for another time.