Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Sports and Entertainment

Eurovision 2005

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 20:14   #121
no....

thanks, that's 2:00 o'clock here in PA. I hope they do the live stream like they did in the last years i watched it (although i watched it on TV last year) ... hrmm

i'm sure they will, haha
Old 12-05-2005, 20:19   #122
Primetime Anchor

thegurgi, Yep, they'll have the live-stream (web TV). Don't worry.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Olga | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ ritzer@hotmail.com ]

Latest News:
| Tatu gallery | Current News | News Archive
Old 13-05-2005, 01:50   #123
blah

Well, I just checked out some songs, but I'm no good at predicting Eurovision winners (my girlfriend is better at that). I will say however what songs I like with it comes to this year's ESC, even though the music here is not really my cup of tea. Switzerland, Germany, Denmark, Iceland... umm.. and thats about it, I guess. Oh and I'd give that Israel woman 12 points based on looks anytime! She's one hawt mamma
Old 13-05-2005, 05:12   #124
Primetime Anchor

First rehearsals from yesterday in short:

Belarus - chaotic dancing, average performance. Doubts that it will qualify.
Netherlands - good, may qualify
Iceland - chaotic dancing, good vocally, should qualify
Belgium - excellent vocally but no chances
Estonia - the worst performance of the day, completely out of tune
Norway - excellent, possible winner

Source: http://www.mainhill.wallst.ru/eurovision/Eurovision.htm
~~~~~~~~~~~

Latest News:
Old 13-05-2005, 10:02   #125
blah

I don't like Norway. It's boring. Typical Eurovision song

Estonia's track sucks big time and no wonder those teenagers can't sing LOL. I wonder how come Vanilla Ninja competes for Switzerland when they could have competed for their own country instead

Malta is good, that woman can sing, though the song is so-so.

Oh yeah and I forgot to say something about my own country Romania LOL. Well... Umm... I don't like the song much. But I think it's better than others (see Austria, Estonia, Latvia...).

Spain... Geez, that song is another version of "Asereje". If they think they're gonna make it, they are dead wrong imo. Can't they listen to themselves?

Hungary going for the ethno sort of genre (like Ruslana) and there was another country doing the same thing... Albania? Armenia? Smth with A anyway. I dont think they stand a chance. But of course, this is ESC, anything can happen.

Cyprus in their turn, going for a Ruslana + Sertab style and adding Greek influence to that mix. Not bad, but more of the same...
Old 13-05-2005, 10:28   #126
you'll need love

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaQueen
Switzerland, Germany, Denmark, Iceland... umm.. and thats about it
you actually like Denmarks song this year? I actually hope people don't share your opinion in general. I have a bet going and I'm on the "we're out after the semifinal"-side of things.

The other part of the bet it to guess which country that will do the best from the semifinal. I hope to get to see the show so I'll have a vague idea. ESC is doubtfull soundwise. I'm going to see it with old friends and two of them are chatting through the whole thing Afterwards it'll be afterparty at the club..
~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't waste your time on me you're already
the voice inside my head
Old 13-05-2005, 10:51   #127
blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeny
you actually like Denmarks song this year? I actually hope people don't share your opinion in general. I have a bet going and I'm on the "we're out after the semifinal"-side of things.
Yeah, I like Denmark. Its a "I'm happy in love" pop song. Girlfriend thinks it's boring though. Well, I see most people think that way, so no worries But like I said, I don't like Eurovision music so it's not like I'm going to download the songs. No way... Well, ok, maybe just Vanilla Ninja
Old 13-05-2005, 18:04   #128
Primetime Anchor

Rehearsals from today:

Andorra - came across really quite well to me. Nice vocal and arrangement.

Switzerland - I found their rehearsal to be really fantastic. Very powerful performance and good vocal harmonies within the group.

Croatia - rehearsal was also a good show. Nice is an understatement.

Bulgaria - Dull Dull Dull Dull Dull. Everyone is too static on the stage.

Ireland - overall it came across to me as an adequate performance and may scrape into the final but thats about all.

Slovenia - was actually sung really well. His female backing is superb and clearly a classical
singer, which she confirmed later at the press conference.Great lighting throughout too.

Denmark - didnt appear for the rehearsal today.

Israel - Shiri's vocals were very good so a very competent rehearsal from Israel.

Source: allkindsofeverything

Vanilla Ninja still rules for me. I cheked their new album and it got some really good songs in it. I'm even thinking to start a separate thread for this group.

Vanilla Ninja Thread (d/l their new album)

Adds: Denmark has arrived to Kiev.

DENMARK : This was delayed becuse because the Danes apparently had problems getting here. Jacob is supported on stage by four male backing singers, who must obviously have great voices, because they certainly wern't chosen for their looks. Jacob performs the song well but while I really like the songs it sort of shuffles its way aimless for 3 minutes and this has shades of Norway from last year (the song that came last in the final).

Source: allkindsofeverything

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaQueen
I don't like Norway. It's boring. Typical Eurovision song
You got to be kidding. The song is actually a typical non-Eurovision. It's a glam-rock. Have you heard lots of rock at Eurovision ever?
~~~~~~~~~~~

Latest News:

Last edited by forre; 13-05-2005 at 19:22.
Old 13-05-2005, 20:33   #129
blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by forre
You got to be kidding. The song is actually a typical non-Eurovision. It's a glam-rock. Have you heard lots of rock at Eurovision ever?
Glam-rock? Norway? maybe i remember it wrong then... I have to check it out again. Will get back with comments.

EDIT: Oh craaaaaaaaaaaaap! MAN!! My mistake! Really... I don't know what video I've seen and I've confused it with Norway WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Norway's song rocks!!! I love it. So now I have one more fave They really might win. But I want Switzerland to win... I will vote for Vanilla Ninja!
Old 13-05-2005, 20:46   #130
My Waking Hour

where can I watch videos of the rehearsals?

So Switzerland got a chance. I'd love to see them win! The song is cool but wasn't impressed with the rest of the album. Quite outdated stuff
Old 13-05-2005, 21:03   #131
Primetime Anchor

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyretto
where can I watch videos of the rehearsals?
No where.

Swiss is like Tatu. They are going to score on their popularity and the song is cool, yep. The opinion about their rehearsal remains devided. Some say they were stiff and sang out of tune and some say that the rehearsal was good. I guess, we'll have a chance to get own judgement on Thursday.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Latest News:
Old 15-05-2005, 05:55   #132
ex-sunnich

Send a message via ICQ to la aurora Send a message via MSN to la aurora
who said rehearsals vids can't be seen online

http://www.europodcasting.com/galeria/videos/12mayo.wmv (bits of austria, lithuania, austrian press-conference... mm portugal.. and then some kiev stuff)
http://www.europodcasting.com/galeria/videos/13mayo.wmv (bit of romania and hungary.. then some kiev stuff and in the end u see andorra)

well its all i saw online tho.. austria look like they are having fun.. lithuanians are going to be completely forgotten after Moldova gets on stage. Portugal was a surprise.. girl meant to be the best singer there but in fact she ruins all and poor guy tries to sing even worse than he can it seems... romania is very convincing.. hungary... mmm.. well.. i hope cam will be focused on the girl. she looks well.. and andorra.. its good vocally. very good.

Me, like most of russians i guess, willl be keeping fingers crossed for Moldova. They are crazy and we LOVE them here
Old 15-05-2005, 07:47   #133
...rosa pastel

2nd rehearsals Semi Finalist

Denmark

Denmark’s press conference was originally scheduled for yesterday (13 May) and Jakob Sveistrup was asked why it had been postponed. “I’m not sure,” he said. “I think it’s because our rehearsal was so late in the day, so they had to change the schedule. That’s all! The rehearsal went well, though.”

Denmark hasn’t qualified for the Final since 2002. Does Jakob feel added pressure? “There’s an expectation from the Danish people,” he said. “We’re here to do our best. We hope and expect to make the Final and we’re doing our utmost to achieve that. We’re giving it 200%.”

“I choose songs that are a little bit difficult,” he said. “I like it to be a challenge so I can show off my vocal potential.” If he had to sing another of this year’s Eurovision song, he’d choose ‘Lorraine’ by Bulgarian band Kaffe: “It’s a very good pop song.”

Jakob works as a teacher in a school for children with autism. “I’ve taken a leave of absence,” he said. “I don’t know whether I’ll go back. We’ll have to see. I know the children wish me the best. Some of them find it hard to understand why I’m on the television and not in the classroom. But I hope I don’t disappoint them.”

The best advice he has been given? “Take it easy,” he said. “If you don’t keep your feet on the ground you could float off into thin air. And go to bed early! Protect your voice!”

Austria

“In Austria, we were looking for the best musicians we could find,” says Head of Delegation Ursula Stiedl. “Global.Kryner came, played and conquered.”

Dressed in their stage costumes, the band played ‘Wild Dances’ by last year’s winner Ruslana – in their own unique style. “People might think it’s an easy song to play,” said Christof. “I can assure you it’s not.”

“In Austria there’s a schism between serious jazz music and more commercial music,” he said. “We try to make a union of those two styles.” The band draw on many different forms of world music. Apart from Latin music, they use Jewish, Cuban, jazz, pop and soul influences.

Sebastian was asked about his yodeling technique. “I was born into a family where yodeling is normal,” he said. “I don’t usually up-tempo, but I practiced while driving in my car and I soon picked it up.”

The video to ‘Así’ is based on a 1952 Austrian film called ‘1 April 2000’, about Cubans living in Vienna.

Lithuania

Like Global.Kryner in the previous press conference, Laura and The Lovers began by performing ‘Wild Dances’ by Ruslana.

And their chances of qualifying for the Final? “I don’t know,” said Laura. “The viewers will decide. But I believe in luck so we’ll do our best and hopefully achieve a good finish.”

‘Little By Little’ might be released in Scandinavia. “We’re going to send it to some Swedish radio stations to test it,” said the band. “It depends on supply and demand.”

‘Little By Little’ is currently one of the most played songs on Lithuanian radio.

Laura and The Lovers will be performing in Kyiv at a special ‘Baltic Night’ event on 16 May and at Ruslana’s charity concert to raise money for a Chernobly children’s charity the following night.

Portugal

Rui and Luciana stood on the table and sang a couple of old classics. Luciana sang ‘I Wanna Be Loved By You’ and Rui sang ‘I’ve Got You Under My Skin’ – Marilyn Monroe and Elvis Presley.

“The people of Kyiv are very kind,” said Rui. “They seem happy to be hosting Eurovision and we’re delighted with the organization and production.” Luciana added, “The city is very beautiful.”

It was suggested that they might want to take a very long holiday when Eurovision is over. “I only want to stop when I’m older,” said Rui. “Until then I want to keep on working and getting better.”

Their stage performance combines an up-tempo song with energetic choreography. Luciana admitted that it was “very difficult” to sing and dance at the same time.

“We came here to win and our expectations are very high,” said Luciana. “People in Portugal love Eurovision and they love our song too.”

Moldova

This was Zdob [shi] Zdub’s first press conference. Their song ‘Boonika Bate Doba’ means ‘Grandma Beats The Drum’ and the band will be joined on stage by Roman’s 60-year-old drum-playing Grandma. ‘She’s now a big star in Moldova,” said Roman.

So what are Grandma Boonika’s favourite memories of Eurovision? “We don’t really watch television in our village,” she said.

Zdob [shi] Zdub’s promo tour only took them to Russia, Ukraine and Turkey but they plan to perform in Minsk and Riga after the event. The band are popular in all former-Soviet states.

The band were asked whether they thought their original style would break the pop traditions of Eurovision. “Times are changing,” said Roman. “We think we’ve brought something totally new to Eurovision.”

Zdob [shi] Zdub say they plan to “set Eurovision alight”. But is Moldova capable of hosting Eurovision 2006? “We don’t want to make any comment on next year,” said Roman. “We don’t like to make forecasts.”

Latvia

The boys were asked why they have chosen to perform the song without dancers. “We think some performances can be a bit ridiculous,” said Kazha. “We just happen to think the song is the most important thing. We get on stage, play guitars, sing our song and three minutes later we leave – and hopefully people like it.”

“The message of ‘The War Is Not Over’ applies to everyone,” said Walters. “It’s about believing in yourself. So we dedicate it to all the people in the world.”

They aren’t worried that the message might be misunderstood as a political message. “It’s not a political song,” said songwriter Mārtiņš Freimanis. “But, if you want to listen to it like that, be our guests. ‘The War Is Not Over’ can apply to people fighting each other as well as the fight within ourselves.”

Walters and Kazha said they are making friends with other delegations. “Everyone’s been great,” said Walters. “We haven’t met a single boring person. We have a big connection with Lithuania, of course. And we’ve even made friends with some of the journalists.”

“I like to believe our friends are really proud of us,” said Walters. “I had to go to school the day after I won the national selection. And the teacher didn’t stop the class – my classmates did!”

Monaco

At home, Lise likes to listen to jazz artists such as Norah Jones and pop-rock artists such as Anastasia. She also likes a number of French singers.

Her favourite French-spoken Eurovision songs are ‘Je N'ai Que Mon Ame’ by Natasha St-Pier from 2001 and ‘Il Faut du Temps’ by Sandrine François from 2002.

On stage, Lise will be wearing a dress designed by Christian Lacroix. But she says the colours haven’t been chosen to represent the colours of Monaco’s flag – they are simply the colours that Lacroix likes to use.

After Eurovision, Lise plans to record an album. She has already received offers and now needs to choose which songwriters and the record company she’d like to work with.

Lise sang three songs including ‘Don’t Know Why’ by Norah Jones.

Israel

“I think the stage looks great. I felt comfortable there,” said Shiri. “The sound was great. The dress is very nice and the girls were wonderful. And I love the way it all looks on the TV screens.”

Shiri was asked what she thought of the other Israeli performer in this year’s contest, Ortal, who will be respresenting France. “I’ve heard her song, but I’ve not seen her sing it on stage yet,” said Shiri. “It sounds great though and I hope she succeeds.”

During the rehearsal, Shiri sang the song in both Hebrew and English. “I felt comfortable singing it in both languages,” she said. “It feels the same for me, but the English version did sound good.”

And is she feeling any pressure from her supporters in Israel? “I’m scared,” she admitted. “But I really believe in the song. I hope to excite viewers and make them feel it too. So the pressure is big but I hope it will be okay.”

In remembrance of Ukraine’s rich Jewish history, the Israeli delegation will hold a memorial ceremony tomorrow (Sunday) at Babiy Yar. Shiri will sing an Israeli hymn.

Belarus

Angelica was asked how she relaxes off-stage in Kyiv. “We’re just enjoying the festival and enjoying talking to all the people we’ve met,” she said. “I was so happy to see Shiri. We met in Israel. In fact, our birthdays are on the same day – 17 May!”

After a promo tour of 26 countries, which one did she like the best? “I loved all of the countries,” she said. “Each one had something interesting. I was very impressed with Iceland for example. There were hardly any trees, and my country is very, very green.”

Angelica has three children waiting for her at home. “Today, I received some photos and messages from them,” she said. “They were wishing me luck. That was so special.”

“In my song I just want to give people a few minutes of happiness,” she said. “I want them to forget about all the bad things in the world. As a child, we believed in fairytales but when we grow up we’d still like to believe in them. I want to create a fairytale for people.”

Angelica said she won the first ever Miss Belarus award in 1988 and was crowned Miss USSR in 1990. But the award that meant most to her was Mrs Russia – for the most beautiful mother in Russia.

The Netherlands

Glennis appeared at the press conference alone: “I’ll be on stage on my own when I’m singing, so why not here?” she said. “By the way, the second rehearsal went very well. I felt good and happy. And the sound in there is perfect.”

Glennis was asked to describe herself in three words: “I’m crazy, I’m crazy and I’m crazy,” she said. “And I hope to get a crazy result. I really want to win this thing. I’ll give it my all and try to make my country proud.”

And which countries does she think are her main rivals? “I think Greece or Iceland,” she said. “They are both very strong performances. And the performers are sweet too.”

“I will never do this again,” she said, when asked if she’d enter the Eurovision Song Contest again. “I told myself I will do it once and I will do it good… But you never know…”

“Before I go on stage I’ll call my best friend,” she said. “She’s actually with me in Kyiv but I called her before the national selection and I won, so I think I’ll do that again.”

Iceland

“I’m going to be performing in Oslo in June,” said Selma. “I got an email from a guy in Norway asking me to perform at Gay Pride in front of 10,000 people. So I’m very much looking forward to that.”

Her wisest career move? “I think it would have to be doing Eurovision in 1999,” she said. “It just opened so many doors for me, as a musical singer and actress.”

“When I came second in the 1999 contest, I didn’t really experience it until I got back,” she said. “And then the next day I thought, ‘I nearly did it!’”

Selma and her backing group performed her 1999 song ‘All Out Of Luck’ (with the chorus in German) and also sang this year’s Croatian song ‘Wolves Die Alone’ – in Croatian. “I don’t know the language so I apologise in advance.”

She also sang a song from the musical ‘Hair’, in which she starred in Iceland. “It was actually my idea to do ‘Hair’”, she said. “I produced it along with my husband and two friends. I just love the harmonies.”

Belgium

Belgium’s Head of Delegation gave us an update on Nuno’s health. “He was seen today by three doctors and is still suffering from both laryngitis and an allergic reaction to his medication,” she said. “He was told he may not sing. So we’re amazed he was able to rehearse today.”

If Nuno wrote a book about his life, what would he call it? “I think ‘Reaching Out For Heaven,’” he said. “Or ‘My Head Is In The Sky, My Feet Are On The Ground.’ I’m a dreamer but you have to know where you are in life.”

“My plans after Eurovision aren’t finalized yet,” he said, “although in Belgium they’ve already started work on a show for me. There’ll be an album too but I think the show is more important. It will probably be in French.”

What makes him stand out from the other competitors? “That’s for other people to say, I can’t,” he said. “I’m just me. If people like my song and they like my voice, they’ll vote for me.”

Nuno proved that his voice is in good health by giving a performance of ‘Back In The USSR’ by the Beatles.

Source: Eurovision.tv
Old 15-05-2005, 10:54   #134
blah

Val, I think Zdob si Zdub are one of the best bands around on the Romanian musical scene, but "Bunica bate toba" (or "Boonika bate toba") is quite crappy, even though it has that "Zdubii bateti tare" instrumental part. I dunno under what name that song was released in Russia. I have all their albums. If they wrote another "Everybody in the casa mare" and went with that, they could have really won.
Old 15-05-2005, 18:51   #135
ex-sunnich

killa, i know that Bunica is not the greatest Zdob si Zdub (are they romanian? was always sure they were from Moldova) ever made. But it's the song for ESC *shrugs* and from all i know is that even this song and their naturalness on the stage is waaaay better than anything else on this years ESC. And this song wasn't released in Russia i think.. no video or something. I just know that they were big here singing in their native language (and we love their sound), they performed on loads of 'russian rock' concerts and their cover on Viktor Tsoy's 'Videli noch' was a big hit here. Even if they were on stage doing nothing, russians would still show some support i guess. Just like it was with TATU. Its band that matters, their behavior, sound.. song doesnt matter as far as it's not typical ESC scandi pop or ballad
Old 15-05-2005, 19:09   #136
blah

Val, no they're not Romanian, they are Moldavian, but I referred to them as one of the best bands on the Romanian music scene cos they sing in Romanian mostly and they are heavily promoted here. Yeah, I know Videli Noch and it's a damn good cover!
But yeah, I guess Russia will give big points to Zdob si Zdub, but my guess is that they will give 12 points to Romania again
Old 15-05-2005, 20:23   #137
ex-sunnich

killa, u forget Belorus This song makes me sickies. Singer is even worse. But they are 'brothers' lol We couldn't vote for them last year as we weren't broadcasting semis but this year we will. Our oh so big stars Pugachova and Kirkorov are already in Kiev to support belorussian singer (after their fav Stostskaya was crushed in national final by lil Podolskaya looool if u could see her face only ). And Belarus will def give us 12 points.. we are represented by girl from there this year. And well.. the would anyway.. so Belarus.. Moldova.. Poland singing in russian.. There's some tought competition for Russia's 12 points this year Romania can end getting lil less.
Old 15-05-2005, 20:44   #138
blah

What a telenovela! Oh well... What matters is for Switzerland to win!
Old 15-05-2005, 21:15   #139
ex-sunnich

I dont want to upset u, killa (as i kinda like the song myself) but it can happen they wont come even close to wining. They arent that good live and performance lacks any life I'm very afraid waiting for tomorrows rehearsals of the finalists but it can be Greece.. everything says it will be... neighbours they have.. name of the singer.. easy song.. show.. uff
Old 15-05-2005, 23:10   #140
...rosa pastel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny poison
killa, u forget Belorus This song makes me sickies. Singer is even worse. But they are 'brothers' lol We couldn't vote for them last year as we weren't broadcasting semis but this year we will. Our oh so big stars Pugachova and Kirkorov are already in Kiev to support belorussian singer (after their fav Stostskaya was crushed in national final by lil Podolskaya looool if u could see her face only ). And Belarus will def give us 12 points.. we are represented by girl from there this year. And well.. the would anyway.. so Belarus.. Moldova.. Poland singing in russian.. There's some tought competition for Russia's 12 points this year Romania can end getting lil less.
I hate the belorus song ... The singer sucks!!
And the video very sheap budget lol x_X
ReplyPost New Thread