Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Sports and Entertainment

Ray

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 22:56   #1
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Ray

After watching Ray I must say I'm terribly disapointed. Not at the movie. The movie is a'ight (dunno if it's exactly Oscar winning performance, but anyway...).

What I didn't like was the man Ray Charles was. I mean, I always considered the guy as a man of morals and integrity and someone who truly understands a broken heart. But it turns out he was nothing but a womanizing, cheating, lying junkie. Seriously... I don't want them to EVER make a movie about Stevie Wonder.

I can pretty much say I won't look the same at Crying Time and I Can't Stop Loving You anymore. They were certainly not honest by any means. But don't get me wrong. I still respect him as an artist. But he has now been tatu-ed. LOL
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Old 05-03-2005, 00:04   #2
enter sadman

Send a message via Skype™ to crni
so he was a p.i.m.p, eh? LoL i also thought he was a good man, but i guess not... he really was a true artist, though
~~~~~~~~~~~
030904 - worst day of my life
.:ignorance is a bliss:.
.:truth is just an excuse for the lack of imagination:.
Old 05-03-2005, 14:16   #3
The Dream is Over, :~(

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie
I mean, I always considered the guy as a man of morals and integrity and someone who truly understands a broken heart. But it turns out he was nothing but a womanizing, cheating, lying junkie.

But he has now been tatu-ed. LOL
Huh?
Practically every artist was/is like that, especially during the sixties. The man did have morals, especially concerning racial segregation, he was one of the few artists that did something about it, and he did it in the South. And as for a broken heart, dude is inadvertently responsible for two deaths (<- spoiler, highlight if you wnat to read) in the movie and he wasn't exactly dancing when they ocurred.

If he never wrote any of his songs and wasn't blind at all, that would be tatu-ed.

I liked that fact the they didn't go the normal Hollywood route with biopics and paint him as some flawless hero or something. Guy was no angel.

Unlike say, The Aviator which depicted Howard Hughes as some lone ranger hero who took on and overcame the system and become the world's greatest blah, blah, blah. In real life, he was a misogynistic, anti-civil rights movement, anti-semitic, cheerleader (and some say involved) in the assinations of the Kennedy's, etc.
He was just a bad man.
Old 05-03-2005, 20:10   #4
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuff Grrl
Huh?
Practically every artist was/is like that, especially during the sixties. The man did have morals, especially concerning racial segregation, he was one of the few artists that did something about it, and he did it in the South. And as for a broken heart, dude is inadvertently responsible for two deaths (<- spoiler, highlight if you wnat to read) in the movie and he wasn't exactly dancing when they ocurred.
I know. I didn't say he was generaly evil or something like that. LOL He felt guilty for both deaths, yes. But who wouldn't, unless they'd be certifiable sociopaths?
But he didn't seem all that much guilty for cheating his wife for years. I dunno if exactly EVERYONE was like that in the 60s, since US culture of those days almost fanatically enforced traditional familly values, such as loyalty. But even if it was usual for those days... still doesn't make him any more right. And when the black protestor confronted him with racial segragation in Georgia, he first replied that he can't do anything about it, since he's just a performer. Then it seemed (at least from the way this movie portrays it), he just gave in to them, cause it'd look really bad if he'd turn his back on the whole issue. He didn't look all that PERSONALY interested.

Quote:
If he never wrote any of his songs and wasn't blind at all, that would be tatu-ed.
I still respect him as an artist as I said. His songs are still beautifully written and executed. Yet he didn't write songs about blindness. He wrote songs about being alone, and miserable after a girl that you love leaves you for good. And he sang them with such a feeling and soul, you could almost feel the pain in his heart. The only person who could be that emotional with his voice as Ray Charles was in Crying Time, was MJ in She's Out Of My Life. And now, judging from what we saw in this movie... he didn't genuinely understand those feelings like he sang about them. That's what makes him tatu-ed in my mind.

Quote:
I liked that fact the they didn't go the normal Hollywood route with biopics and paint him as some flawless hero or something. Guy was no angel.
True. And I applaud this aspect of the movie. You can't distort the truth.
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
ReplyPost New Thread