Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum General discussions

Did you think about learning Russian because of Tatu?!

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 19-06-2003, 23:23   #21
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Quote:
Originally posted by kishkash
Russian is only sexy 'cause of the girlz
Are you sure it's not because of Mihael Gorbachov, Boris Yeltsin or Vladimir Putin?
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Old 19-06-2003, 23:25   #22
Mujahedin

Send a message via ICQ to Dent
does anyone know or can pass me the cyrirlic font? Because the ones i found are terrible and doesnґt work with this forum. all i see is a lot of strange letters.

Cya

Dent
Old 20-06-2003, 00:17   #23
Primetime Anchor

Quote:
Originally posted by freddie
So you're saying they existed once?

I wonder how that would be like.
It looks like that:
Hwжt! We Gardena in geardagum,
юeodcyninga, юrym gefrunon,
hu рa жюelingas ellen fremedon.
Oft Scyld Scefing sceaюena юreatum,

P.S. It's ancient English, known as anglo-saxon's language. Modern English was influenced by Latin and French later. Declinations exited in their mid-form. 15 European languages derived from this one later. (English, German, Dutch, Danish ... etc.)

There are only 27% of the English-English words left in the modern English. Some underwent severe modifications even later. For instance word "street" was borrowed from Latin and modified during the centuries.

Okay it's purely off-topic. I'll stop here.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Olga | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ ritzer@hotmail.com ]

Latest News:
| Tatu gallery | Current News | News Archive

Last edited by forre; 20-06-2003 at 00:35.
Old 20-06-2003, 02:54   #24
Uhaku's alter ego

Send a message via MSN to Uhaku
i wanted to learn russian. well, not b/c of tatu. lol. it's just b/c i happen to love the sound of the russian national anthem so much. err...forgive me...i sounded silly. oh, and it was b/c my favorite skater is russian. ^_^ ooooh, i love commies. errr...i'll shut up..now...
~~~~~~~~~~~
Irina Slutskaya
the champion of my heart
I salute you!

I know it's not the correct order of the colors of the Russian flag, but I want Irina in blue anyway. Yeehaw!
Old 20-06-2003, 06:57   #25
Прохожий

Send a message via AIM to ChrisG.1987 Send a message via Yahoo to ChrisG.1987
i always wanted to learn russian but my school doesnt have the class, or i dont think it does, tatu just made me want to learn russian more than i did before
Old 20-06-2003, 15:47   #26
Участник

I have been taken classes in Russian 5 years now, but not because of Tatu, I found Tatu only a few months ago. Russian, sexy? Oh, yes! Especially those voiced consonants said with a low manly voice. I could listen to it for hours and quiver at those sounds. And get excited. Or fall asleep.
Old 20-06-2003, 16:06   #27
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Quote:
I don't understand a word of that. So I can't find declensions eather. Maybe some native speakers have more clue about this?
~~~~~~~~~~~

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Old 20-06-2003, 16:10   #28
iMod

freddie

A short page on Old English:
http://members.tripod.com/babaev/arc...ammar41.html#3
Old 20-06-2003, 16:20   #29
Echoes among the Stars

Quote:
Originally posted by forre
It looks like that:

P.S. It's ancient English, known as anglo-saxon's language. Modern English was influenced by Latin and French later. Declinations exited in their mid-form. 15 European languages derived from this one later. (English, German, Dutch, Danish ... etc.)
freddie, what do you mean? It's plain as day that it's:

LO, praise of the prowess of people-kings
of spear-armed Danes, in days long sped,
we have heard, and what honor the athelings won!
Oft Scyld the Scefing from squadroned foes,

or, a little more modern,

Hear me! We've heard of Danish heroes, ancient kings and the glory they cut for themselves, swinging mighty swords! How Shild made slaves of soldiers from every land

I'm just kidding; I don't understand much either. And I didn't have much trouble with Chaucer. This is older. forre I am not sure what you mean - this isn't just ancient English, but ancient German, Danish, etc.? I thought they spoke Frisian and Goth (?) in Germany in the early middle ages. But no wonder it looks different This is probably close to modern Icelandic, yes?

English still has some pronominal declensions: "I" turns to "me" in accusative, "he" turns to "him," residual stuff like that. But not much.

On topic, I already spoke Russian (sort of) before I listened to tatu; ut it's not that hard if you work at it and learn to love the grammar

Last edited by russkayatatu; 20-06-2003 at 17:15.
Old 20-06-2003, 18:12   #30
Sad Little Monkey

Quote:
English still has some pronominal declensions: "I" turns to "me" in accusative, "he" turns to "him," residual stuff like that. But not much.
Russkayatatu - thank you so much for "I-me" example. I've been confused about this one ever since I've started learning english - I never even thought that it's got something to do with declensions. Akkusativ in english, haha, who would have thought

Thanks for the link haku
~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 20-06-2003, 18:31   #31
Primetime Anchor

Quote:
Originally posted by russkayatatu
This is older. forre I am not sure what you mean - this isn't just ancient English, but ancient German, Danish, etc.? I thought they spoke Frisian and Goth (?) in Germany in the early middle ages. But no wonder it looks different This is probably close to modern Icelandic, yes?
Yeh, yeh. I was referring to the 10th century. Old English - ancient English, doesn't matter. The language was almost the same with local variations those were huge. Frisian, anglo-saxon's - just the names for dialects.

Topic: Russian. Yep. Language as language, nothing special about it. Sexy? No to me. Of course some people would start learning Russian because of t.A.T.u., at least give it a try.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Olga | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ ritzer@hotmail.com ]

Latest News:
| Tatu gallery | Current News | News Archive
Old 20-06-2003, 20:48   #32
To Be Free?

hmm not really, i was interested in it once my mom dated this guy from St. Petersburg some years ago. he used to tell me about some Russian fairytales and such, i thought it was interesting and i wanted to read it myself. i dont remember it much though, something about getting good luck throughout the year once a serpent slithered over your house?? i dont know but my memory probably altered that story during the years.lol.

the languages i've been interested in learning are icelandic, swedish, italian, estonian, and slovene. i doubt i'll ever learn those since the community colleges only have english, russian, spanish, and french. and in my highschool? stupid school only has french and spanish, like if i'll ever want to visit france . no offence to the french btw, i just dont find the country interesting.
Old 20-06-2003, 20:53   #33
iMod

Quote:
Originally posted by daydreamer0102
no offence to the french
Not taken, there's nothing interesting here.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]
Old 20-06-2003, 22:11   #34
I'm a Dust Bunny!

I likes me French. But, anyway, though I don't want to learn Russian FOR t.A.T.u., they have admittedly gotten me interested in the language. The sound is much different from the three languages I currently speak. And the fourth which I can read and understand and pronunciate, but not speak. LOL.

~Echo.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Quietly weaving,
Tiredly leaving,
Another today,
Again tomorrow
Together dismay,
And raining sorrow.

Le noir, la gloire... On se demande bien.
Mais comm' je t'adore, lorsque je m'endors...
Old 20-06-2003, 22:23   #35
Sad Little Monkey

Quote:
the languages i've been interested in learning are icelandic, swedish, italian, estonian, and slovene
You wanna learn Slovene? Are you sure you didn't mix it up with Slovakian?
~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 20-06-2003, 22:51   #36
Участник

Send a message via ICQ to nath Send a message via MSN to nath Send a message via Skype™ to nath
[
stupid school only has french and spanish, like if i'll ever want to visit france . no offence to the french btw, i just dont find the country interesting. [/b][/quote]

Why? When I was young, I wrote a report on "Paris seen by the American writers between the 2 wars" (1918-1945)..It was the opinion neither of your American ancestors nor of your writers who lived in France..Try to read Hemingway, Dos Passos, Henry Miller, if you do not want to travel but...I think that all the countries are interesting to discover and France is not worse than the others..les landscapes very diverse and are varied, the kitchen is good, Paris is a splendid city and the culture and the way of thinking of the French are not so uninteresting...
I am not at all chauvinistic, I am just surprised of your remark... we are far from being perfect but I think that we deserve to be cross once in the life, when it is possible...

Me, I try to learn Russian but it is necessary to be humble and patient for that..and I will be it.
http://www.panoramas.dk/fullscreen/fullscreen32.html
Ps:I went in America and I liked your country..

Sorry Echo for the "topic off"..
Old 21-06-2003, 02:48   #37
Echoes among the Stars

freddie, you're welcome "Me" is also like a dative - "for me," "with me," etc. - seems like if it's not nominative (I want to say in oblique cases, but I'm not sure that's right), then it's "me."

On topic. Is Russian sexy? I'll say yes. Languages are languages, but they're all different too, you know And I like the way Russian sounds, not just the sounds but the phrasing, intonation, and so on. But I like all languages, so don't pay attention to me
Old 21-06-2003, 13:51   #38
Участник

Send a message via MSN to zebu
tatu got me interested in Russian, and i'd love to learn it.
for me it is one of the most beautiful languages,it sounds great
~~~~~~~~~~~
pogledaj da li me mozes presnimiti
Old 21-06-2003, 17:33   #39
iMod

Russian, sexy? I don't remember Gorbatchev's speeches being that hot! Maybe those two hot things called Y&L have something to do with it!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]
Old 23-06-2003, 21:12   #40
Участник

Any foreign language can sound sexy. Its part mystery, part tone, and part wishful thinking. In French, calling someone "my little cabbage" is a term of endearment. In English, you call someone "sugar," or "honey" (they're sticky, and promote tooth decay?). If you didn't understand the language, you might like being called a diseased goat f*cker if its said in the right tone of voice.

I figure if I can learn Russian, it opens more experience to me (music, literature, culture, etc.). Even if I never achieve fluency, learning Russian still feels much more satisfying than the leisure activity it replaced (any other former Everquest junkies out there?).
ReplyPost New Thread