Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum General discussions

Computer help thread

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 13-03-2007, 08:16   #781
allmylove.org

Send a message via ICQ to Amanda Send a message via AIM to Amanda Send a message via MSN to Amanda
I'm looking to rip the .exe files of t.A.T.u. CD-ROM singles. How would I do this? MagicISO wont work for me...
Old 21-03-2007, 22:01   #782
My Waking Hour

What do you mean rip the exe files? If you right click on the exe file in question you can extract its files as normal and then can rip them with the program of your choice.
Old 01-04-2007, 15:03   #783
Участник

Send a message via ICQ to nath Send a message via MSN to nath Send a message via Skype™ to nath
I would like to know if you would know a site or a softaware where I could go or which I could use to do this:
from an IP adress, get the possibility to check on a map or on a satellite view (style google earth) where this IP is situed.
Thanks
Old 01-04-2007, 15:21   #784
Just me...

Send a message via MSN to Kyro
nath, do you mean something like this? I'm not sure how accurate it is, maybe someone here knows of something better, but that's what I came up with after a quick search
Old 01-04-2007, 21:19   #785
Участник

Send a message via ICQ to nath Send a message via MSN to nath Send a message via Skype™ to nath
Kyro, yep! Thank you very much !
Old 30-04-2007, 03:46   #786
allmylove.org

Send a message via ICQ to Amanda Send a message via AIM to Amanda Send a message via MSN to Amanda
I have insane parents who want me to check into buying my own hosting server. Though I have no idea what the price ranges, or even how to go about it (I'm not that advanced! I'm only a kid!). Does anyone know where to look at one w/ information on how it works?

Thank you. Will give rep.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Julia Volkova Team | www.JuliaVolkova.com

Last edited by Amanda; 30-04-2007 at 05:21.
Old 30-04-2007, 05:05   #787
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreIsCool32 View Post
I have insane parents who want me to check into buying my own hosting server. Though I have no idea what the price ranges, or even how to go about it (I'm not that advanced! I'm only a kid!). Does anyone know where to look at one w/ information on how it works?

Thank you. Will get rep.
You can learn about servers at dell.com and HP.com - you can also purchase them from there .

- Wikipedia can give you information on how to run one as well and as well as what it is.
Old 29-05-2007, 18:34   #788
allmylove.org

Argh! How do I get spammers off of my comments on my website? They're robots. And it's annoying. And I don't want my visitors clicking the links!

Example:

http://www.allmylove.org/news/archiv....html#comments
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 29-05-2007, 19:00   #789
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Argh! How do I get spammers off of my comments on my website? They're robots. And it's annoying. And I don't want my visitors clicking the links!

Example:

http://www.allmylove.org/news/archiv....html#comments
Try contacting the website that owns your comment box. (If it is another website...?)

I noticed it's only commenting the gay parade thread. Anytime you have a topic like that somewhere with an open comment box with a "sexual term" in it, you'll usually attract bot posts like that. Is there any way you could ban the IP they're coming from or possibly make it so users have to register to comment?
Old 29-05-2007, 19:07   #790
allmylove.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyubittu View Post
Try contacting the website that owns your comment box. (If it is another website...?)

I noticed it's only commenting the gay parade thread. Anytime you have a topic like that somewhere with an open comment box with a "sexual term" in it, you'll usually attract bot posts like that. Is there any way you could ban the IP they're coming from or possibly make it so users have to register to comment?
Oh, I never considered gay to allure spam bots. I contacted my host, DreamHost and asked them to ban the IP from my site. They gave me a link to their wiki with this advanced way to ban IPs. But I did find out that greymatter (what I use for my entries) has a simple IP ban for commenters. If another bot appears, I'll let you guys know. Thanks however!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 29-05-2007, 20:39   #791
Can You See Them Now?

You are welcome my dear...

Hmm. I should open a site haha.
Old 29-05-2007, 22:16   #792
pie crust

I'm getting this stupid error; "xvidcore.dll not found". At first I thought it happened just randomly, but now I think it may have something to do with me browsing through pictures. I'm not sure though. Any idea on how to get rid of it? I'm not sure which program is requesting the .dll-file.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]
Old 29-05-2007, 22:30   #793
Martian Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenBee View Post
I'm getting this stupid error; "xvidcore.dll not found". At first I thought it happened just randomly, but now I think it may have something to do with me browsing through pictures. I'm not sure though. Any idea on how to get rid of it? I'm not sure which program is requesting the .dll-file.
Do you have xvidcore.dll in your windows\system32 directory?
Installing/Deinstalling multimedia-applications may corrupt the registry or simply delete the file.
If you don't have it anymore, you may download it somewhere like
http://www.afreedll.com/dll/download/3134/xvidcore.dll
Old 29-05-2007, 22:34   #794
pie crust

Argos, I didn't. Thanks so much You're a big help as usual.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]
Old 30-05-2007, 07:47   #795
winter days ...

Quote:

Thank you. Will give rep.

sorry im seeing this really late. i work in the ISP industry so here are my suggestions : most hosting providers will let you purchase a server through them. there are basically 3 kinds of hosting. dedicated [which is where you pay the ISP or the hosting provider to setup a server for you and to do regular maintenance on it] or co-located [where you own the server and you are responsible for its maintenance but the provider will host it for you and provide bandwidth. the 3rd kind is where you just buy hosting space on a shared server from a hosting provider. they will allocate you x amount of space on the server and you get to do pretty much what you want with it within the constraints of their AUP of course [acceptable usage policy]

there are tons of providers around who are pretty well priced and give decent service. i would actually go for shared hosting. its much cheaper and the only thing you will really have to be responsible for is the actual maintenance of your site. shared hosting should also include regular backups. but you can always fine tune your requirements with whoever you choose to be your provider.

if youd like suggestions on who to go with id be happy to make a few recommendations. but honestly, purchasing your own server for the purposes of hosting tends to be very expensive. so unless price is not a consideration, go for shared or dedicated -- letting the provider have the responsibility of proper maintenance of the server [they wont maintain the website though, just the OS/regular patching/hardware/etc]

hope this helps
Old 30-05-2007, 07:53   #796
allmylove.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh View Post
sorry im seeing this really late. i work in the ISP industry so here are my suggestions : most hosting providers will let you purchase a server through them. there are basically 3 kinds of hosting. dedicated [which is where you pay the ISP or the hosting provider to setup a server for you and to do regular maintenance on it] or co-located [where you own the server and you are responsible for its maintenance but the provider will host it for you and provide bandwidth. the 3rd kind is where you just buy hosting space on a shared server from a hosting provider. they will allocate you x amount of space on the server and you get to do pretty much what you want with it within the constraints of their AUP of course [acceptable usage policy]

there are tons of providers around who are pretty well priced and give decent service. i would actually go for shared hosting. its much cheaper and the only thing you will really have to be responsible for is the actual maintenance of your site. shared hosting should also include regular backups. but you can always fine tune your requirements with whoever you choose to be your provider.

if youd like suggestions on who to go with id be happy to make a few recommendations. but honestly, purchasing your own server for the purposes of hosting tends to be very expensive. so unless price is not a consideration, go for shared or dedicated -- letting the provider have the responsibility of proper maintenance of the server [they wont maintain the website though, just the OS/regular patching/hardware/etc]

hope this helps
Thanks for the info rosh!

Thankfully my parents aren't pushing it on me anymore. So, I'll definitely wait until I'm a little older to actually buy one. And I'll remember your information and all I've learned online.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 03-06-2007, 20:07   #797
the best day

Send a message via MSN to Larie't
If I download a font(t.A.T.u. font, for example and in this case) to my computer, how will I get it to use?
~~~~~~~~~~~
It's a roller-coaster kind of rush and I never knew I could feel that much.
Old 03-06-2007, 20:14   #798
allmylove.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larie't View Post
If I download a font(t.A.T.u. font, for example and in this case) to my computer, how will I get it to use?
You copy and paste it into your fonts folder and open your graphic program. When you go to use the text option, there should be a drop down menu - look for the name, select, make a graphic. Hope I helped.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 03-06-2007, 20:18   #799
Fear is only in our minds

Send a message via MSN to Amy_Lee_Rocks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
You copy and paste it into your fonts folder and open your graphic program. When you go to use the text option, there should be a drop down menu - look for the name, select, make a graphic. Hope I helped.
You go to Control Panel
click on Appearance and Themes
and the Font folder should be there..just open the folder
and copy and past the font into it.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Cause you're my rock star in between the set
Old 12-06-2007, 14:25   #800
iMod

I don't need help, this is computer news.

Yesterday Apple introduced the next version of its operating system: Mac OS X Leopard.

Have a look at the most advanced and beautiful operating system in the world, i can't wait.

Unix geeks will be happy to know that Leopard is certified UNIX 03.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]
ReplyPost New Thread