Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum General discussions

Fate

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 21-02-2003, 08:14   #1
Ferpectly Mornal

Lightbulb Fate

For those of us who like to get philosophical I thought I'd start a thread with regards to fate and see what everyone thinks about it.

Is fate a final destination (this is meant to be understood by NOT having the right to choose where you end up)?

Or could it be that fate is one of multiple destinations depending on what WE choose in life?

For me fate is what WE choose. For example, I decide to walk to the store...and get hit by a car. Did I have the power to avoid that accident or did it happen because it was meant to happen? Now is that fate or is it just my own negligence that lead to an unfortunate accident and I was able to prevent it from happening?
I don't think fate is choosing our paths for us but rather that fate KNOWS what paths we are going to choose and thus = Fate. I hope any of this made sense

Last edited by Veritas; 26-02-2003 at 11:04.
Old 21-02-2003, 08:34   #2
I'm a Dust Bunny!

We are masters of our fate. We choose what we live.

Unless, of course, you're walking to the store, and are just about to get hit by a car and die, but do not, by some fluke. And then, should this happen several times, and you would only die the fifth time around... I'd say you were horribly lucky and then unlucky, or fate was just trying to make its way into your life forcibly.

*Chuckles.*

But, then again, everything is relative. Fate to you could mean one thing, and to me something else. Of course, we could just break it down as Fate being omnipotent like the concept of God.

However, I don't believe in being able to be told what my fate is, or is going to be. Any amount of actions could play in the dйroulement of my life. (Yeah, couldn't remember the word in English. :P) Anyway. I often do Tarot readings for my friends. That's a form of fortune-telling, true, but I see it as the outcome of a possible set of events. (Although, amusingly enough, I've always been correct when reading friends. HAH. Funny stuff, that.)

Anything's possible and everything's relative.

~Echo.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Quietly weaving,
Tiredly leaving,
Another today,
Again tomorrow
Together dismay,
And raining sorrow.

Le noir, la gloire... On se demande bien.
Mais comm' je t'adore, lorsque je m'endors...
Old 21-02-2003, 20:52   #3
безумец

Send a message via AIM to FadingAway
Personally, fate is daunting subject because I try to approach it with a realist's point of view. This can piss a lot of people off because I hate to bring in religion. I made the decision quite some time ago that I were to remain an agnostic until I felt compelled either way. I understand faith is a belief without proof, so by definition I can't hope to have an answer presented to me, but I still don't buy it. Either way, fate, to me, is completely arbitrary. If everything we do, every decision we think we make, is already set in course, then how could we ever derail from it? So whether we believe in it or not, we have no ability to change it... so... wouldn't it be meaningless to say it even exists? This is hard to explain but I hope someone can articulate my point a little better. Does every action carry a consequence? Yes. Does this mean fate exists whether or not we suffer a consequence? No, it's simply a risk, a chance that we suffer that consequence, which we cannot change. Man, this is such a good topic BACK TO THE LAB!!! Imma go try and work this out a little better. Back to learning RUSSIAN!!! I've decided to listen to t.A.T.u. in Russian to motivate me. YA SO-SHLA S U-MA! Hehe!
Old 21-02-2003, 20:55   #4
I'm a Dust Bunny!

FadingAway, if you're a girl, then "Ya soshla s uma" is super. ^_~

If you're a guy, I think it's something like, "Y soshul s uma". Lol.

And I'd say more on fate, but I've already given my opinion on it. ^_^'

~Echo.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Quietly weaving,
Tiredly leaving,
Another today,
Again tomorrow
Together dismay,
And raining sorrow.

Last edited by Echoed; 16-03-2003 at 05:26.
Old 21-02-2003, 22:53   #5
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Fate for me is just random set of events. There is no larger purpose in life. All our lives are made of small random events that come toghether like a jigsaw-puzzle to determine our life. Like Tom Cruise said in Vanilla Sky: "the smallest things, they are the biggest" (or something like this ) - meaning that our lives are sometimes influenced crucialy by some little otherwise unimportaint event: like going to the shop to get some milk you forgot to pick up earlyer in the day, then getting hit by a car and killed. Its a coincidece, but with no special meaning - it just happens sometimes - there are 5 bilion people on this planet and amazing things are bound to happen to at least couple of million. So I stand by the theory of chaos - nothing is determined before. In my opinion it would be just boring if everything would be made out in advance - like a script - If there is a great script writer in the sky that runs our lives, he has made some pretty terrible scripts - the script for my life for instance

And I think its Ya Soshla S Uma, for a girl and Ya Soshel S Uma for a boy. Thats how it would be in Slovene atleast. Trust me - Im the only slavic person here Or ask some russian if you dont
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Old 21-02-2003, 23:26   #6
безумец

UHOH! Damn feminine, masculine, and neuter. WHY!?!?! Isn't Ya I? Or is that only when it's transliterated as femine. So if the subject is male, then it's just Y, no? Ya is the subject, and it's masculine, so just Y. Okay. Would Bbl or Tbl be any different?
Old 22-02-2003, 00:54   #7
безумец

Wait, I thought masculine nouns ended in a consanant... but Ya is a vowel, no?
Old 22-02-2003, 05:28   #8
Участник

I'd say..

we are in a "frame". we can't jump out of it, but we are free to move around within it. and we do have choices even though there are boundaries we can never cross (personally I can forget about being next Pope). Do I wish I can take COMPLETE control? yup. At least I could've chose to let a different sperm come through thus I don't have to live this hell at all.
Old 22-02-2003, 11:19   #9
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
FadingAway: I is always Ya - there is no gender separation there - like in english. Well at least that how it is in my language and this gramatical stuff is similar in some ways.
Gender separation ocures in the verb - it becomes natural after a while, and you dont even think of it. English is strange in this way, because you dont really know if you are talking to a man or a woman.
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Old 23-02-2003, 01:07   #10
the silent one

Send a message via ICQ to mir Send a message via MSN to mir
well fate is one of those things in life wich are difficult to define
just for example, take a dictionairy and look at their def. and then look in to some others they all have a some what different explaination of this thing.
Anyway i believe that we can give direction to our fate's to a certain degree at leastby carefully considdering what were going to do

and i will end with a possibly nice thing to think about:
Dieing is the last thing i will ever do.................
~~~~~~~~~~~
m.a.y.b.e. co-founder

m.a.y.b.e. - Members Against You Being Evaluated
Old 23-02-2003, 03:51   #11
Прохожий

Send a message via ICQ to FEARLESS LEADER
Fate.

Is one of the worst things you can believe in. Fate is, by definition, the belief that regardless of whatwe choose to do the outcome will be the same.

If you forgot the milk and decided to walk to the store, you'll get hit by a car and die. Well, what if you drove? You'd still die, maybe still a car crash...whatever...it doesn't matter, what it stands for is that you have no control over anything in your life....

So if you want a depressing lifestyle, fate is the way...

But personnally, a lot of the other views aren't that much better.
Old 25-02-2003, 07:44   #12
Ferpectly Mornal

Which raises another question....

what do YOU believe in?

Is the apple I see before me really an apple or is it an apple because society wants you to belive that there is an object there and that you "should" call it an apple? Just because you can take a bite out of it and taste it doesn't it mean the apple is really there. Is it only there because we are told to believe it's there?
Old 25-02-2003, 07:50   #13
I'm a Dust Bunny!

You're gettin' all Matrix on me.

However, with such a state of mind, everything becomes relative, and nothing is certain anymore.

When everything is possible and nothing is for sure, what are you left with? An illusion? So would you then live life as a dream, someone else's dream? And we're all just waiting to wake up?

What would you define as an apple, if you aren't really sure what it is?

("There is no spoon." Har, har. Yeah. I need sleep. No make sense with the me talking.)

~Echo.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Quietly weaving,
Tiredly leaving,
Another today,
Again tomorrow
Together dismay,
And raining sorrow.

Last edited by Echoed; 25-02-2003 at 07:56.
Old 25-02-2003, 07:53   #14
Ferpectly Mornal

Exclamation well.......

maybe there isn't one
Old 25-02-2003, 07:55   #15
Ferpectly Mornal

Btw

Echoed,

I like the way you think
Old 25-02-2003, 07:57   #16
I'm a Dust Bunny!

Lol.

Why, thank you. Hee.

But if there's no spoon... HOW am I to eat my cereal?!

*Dun, dun, DUN.* <--That's supposed to be DRAMATIC music. ...Yeah.

~Echo.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Quietly weaving,
Tiredly leaving,
Another today,
Again tomorrow
Together dismay,
And raining sorrow.

Old 25-02-2003, 08:01   #17
Ferpectly Mornal

Lightbulb Uh huh!

and just how do you know the cereal is in fact even cereal???

Okay I think I'm scaring myself I sure will think twice before telling someone to watch out for that tree!
Old 25-02-2003, 08:04   #18
I'm a Dust Bunny!

You're right!

Maybe what I think is cereal is ACTUALLY... chicken.

Because it always ends up being chicken.

Darn fowl play. (That was an intended and very lame pun. MAHAHA.)

~Echo.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Quietly weaving,
Tiredly leaving,
Another today,
Again tomorrow
Together dismay,
And raining sorrow.

Old 25-02-2003, 08:21   #19
Ferpectly Mornal

cute

Of course I wouldn't like my cereal to taste like chicken (if chicken is according to my definition of it) - how about we just stick to ice cream? It's user friendly and non hazardous (no bones) to our internal organs....or so we like to believe
Old 25-02-2003, 08:26   #20
I'm a Dust Bunny!

But see, therein lies the dilemma, what if all this time what we have been perceiving as cereal was actually chicken? And being so accustomed to the taste of "chicken" in the morning, how would we know the difference anymore? In which case, having "chicken" with milk for breakfast would thus not be so nasty as we would previously believe if chicken were chicken and cereal were not.

Catch my drift? ^_~ I'm ridin' your wave.

But then again, no matter what my cereal tastes like, I would assuredly agree that ice cream-tasting cereal (the ice cream that we are now currently familiar with, excluding the possibility of it being anything else BUT ice cream) would be fantastic.

~Echo.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Quietly weaving,
Tiredly leaving,
Another today,
Again tomorrow
Together dismay,
And raining sorrow.

ReplyPost New Thread