Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU Forum of Russian Music General Forum of Russian Music

nATo

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 29-10-2004, 08:06   #21
Участник

The song sucks so bad it's not funny!
This is definitely not Tatu.
Ivan is neither for nor against terrorism.
Is he pulling a Kerry?
Whatever. I'm against terrorism and killing innocent civilians.
Even if I werent, this song is still crap
Trying to gain more money from 'tatu' with the tatu-esque writing is pitiful

Anyway, this idea is far from original.
The arab world already has suicide bomber girls for singers.
They air on local tv there.

Ivan trying to make money from terrorists and terrorism is pitiful.
Trying to make terrorism cool is sick.
But this song is definitely not cool or catchy.
Does Ivan want to create another Beslan?

Ivan is a fuck! Go encourage people to kill more school children in cowardly attacks, real smart Ivan. Their blood is on your hands.
Old 03-11-2004, 08:36   #22
Участник

Hi Anyone know where i can listen to songs of nato??
Old 18-11-2004, 22:25   #23
Ice_Cream

Send a message via ICQ to Rachel Send a message via AIM to Rachel Send a message via MSN to Rachel Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel Send a message via Skype™ to Rachel
Quote:
Originally Posted by haku
I also thought that it was the newspaper that had written nATo like that but, as this new pic shows, Ivan is really using the tATu font for nATo...

When (if) Tatu releases a new album, they should change the Tatu logo.
Yeah, to me it looks like he's trying to ruin things for Tatu as they dumped him, so he's trying to assosiate them with terrorism.

Smart
~~~~~~~~~~~
Tatutaty: "Horny Rachel is her name. Masturbating is her game. Fucking, sucking, licking too. Wouldn't you like some Rachel screw? *batteries not included*"

PuddleQueen | Rachel | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ rm6405@hotmail.com ]

My music playlist on Last.fm
Old 27-11-2004, 07:52   #24
Lena's boytoy

Send a message via AIM to Celtic Jobber
n.A.T.o. Article in Blender magazine Dec. 2004

There's a half-page article about Ivan's new project nATo in the December 2004 issue of Blender magazine (an American music mag).

I scanned and typed out the article for you:

Here's my scan.

And here's the text from the article:

Yikes!
Moscow producer replaces faux lesbians with faux suicide bomber

*THE MOSCOW IMPRESARIO Ivan Shapovalov, who made his mark producing lesbian schoolgirl duo t.A.T.u, has turned his attentions to a 16-year-old female singer whose style resembles that of a Chechen suicide bomber.

"The message of the music is love," Shapovalov tells Blender.

n.A.T.o, nee' Natasha Shevlyakova, wears a black burqa -- traditional garb for some Muslim women, and also the uniform of female terrorists known as Black Widows, who have been waging war on Russians for the past two years.

In the video for n.A.T.o.'s first single "Chor Jaon," released in September, the word's "Al Qaeda", "Iraq", "oil", and "Bush" flash over images of the Middle East.

The lyrics, Shapovalov says, are inspired by Eastern poetry. "I'm not leading a campaign," he insists, dismissing the inference that n.A.T.o. is making a political statement. "I like her songs, and if people are scared by a woman wearing a black headscarf, that means they are sick themselves."

In a country where a nightclub named Auschwitz saw success, some still say n.A.T.o. has crossed the line. Russian media have condemned the material and her timing.

The Beslan school massacre, a tragedy involving the Black Widows in which hundreds were killed, occurred a week before her debut.

Though ultimately cancelled, her first concert -- the tickets for which looked like airplane boarding passes -- was scheduled for September 11. "Any time is a good time to listen to music," Shapavalov counters.

Shapavalov, a former advertising executive and psychologist, is organizing a n.A.T.o. performance in London. "Nothing is getting blown up there," he says. VALERIE STIVERS

Source: Blender magazine (December 2004 issue), transcribed by Celtic Jobber for Tatysite.net
~~~~~~~~~~~
Back from an extended hiatus...
Old 27-11-2004, 09:01   #25
Infatuation

Send a message via ICQ to belissa
I think that n.A.T.o. will became famous only because of t.A.T.u's fame. I don't like this project at all, 'cause it's inhuman to play with people's feelings!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Love is an irresistable desire to be irresistably desired.
(c)Robert Frost

Erst wenn die Wolken schlafen gehen
Kann man uns am Himmel sehen
Wir haben Angst und sind allein
Gott weiss ich will kein Engel sein
(c) Rammstein
Old 27-11-2004, 10:11   #26
Участник

Hi Thanks for posting that Celtic jobber.

I don't know if nato will come as famous as tatu.

Time will tell.
Old 27-11-2004, 12:44   #27
Primetime Anchor

Celtic Jobber, Thanks for the article. Except the scandals the music got to be good too and it will be hard to promote a pseudo-suiside bomber as people don't want to step on the sensitive political issue. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't see the project reaching that far.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Olga | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ ritzer@hotmail.com ]

Latest News:
| Tatu gallery | Current News | News Archive
Old 27-11-2004, 12:46   #28
I don't waste my time

I don't think NATO will ever be a successful project. 90% of the people find the whole thing disgusting. Personally I like the song, but the project itself is horrible, and poorly done. Shap may want to play his little games and say "Oh, I'm not using Terror to get attention, look, my singer is dressed up as a Black Widow and her concert tickets are airplane tickets for September 11th!"
Old 27-11-2004, 13:49   #29
think again....

Send a message via MSN to warx Send a message via Yahoo to warx
is he for real?? i meant ivan...??? big mistake ....

oh...tnx for the artcle..and scan....*hugs*
Old 27-11-2004, 14:19   #30
we shout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Jobber
*THE MOSCOW IMPRESARIO Ivan Shapovalov, who made his mark producing lesbian schoolgirl duo t.A.T.u, has turned his attentions to a 16-year-old female singer whose style resembles that of a Chechen suicide bomber.

The lyrics, Shapovalov says, are inspired by Eastern poetry. "I'm not leading a campaign," he insists, dismissing the inference that n.A.T.o. is making a political statement. "I like her songs, and if people are scared by a woman wearing a black headscarf, that means they are sick themselves."
Huh? this mean the girl came to him with this song and he likes it and produce it?

Well.. I like the project .. I still think its cool. Looks like a big challenge to Ivan .. and its very brave... let see... we still don't have the translation for Charchovan yet. Just the music video which we interpret everything.
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you
From all the crazy schemes

You traded in your wings
For everything freedom brings

You never left me
You never let me
See what this feeling means
Old 27-11-2004, 14:32   #31
pie crust

Well, I unlike most of you like the project... It's very extreme and brave, and so controversial. That doesn't mean I have to despise it, though. I like the song and the whole idea, plus Ivan saying that people believe what they want to believe (kind of, you know) is that little extra.

Quote:
we still don't have the translation for Charchovan yet.
I know! And I would die for the lyrics to that song. I'm very interested in what she is singing. I recognize a couple of words but how could I possibly know if I translate them correctly?
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]
Old 27-11-2004, 14:34   #32
we shout

You recongnized some words? hey .. tell! tell!

PS: ..I am still listening to tatu- Nichya total show video I just got... umm .. its really nice .... *lost in clouds* ..
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you

You traded in your wings

You never left me
You never let me
Old 27-11-2004, 14:35   #33
pie crust

denial, well it's very hard... I don't remember them correctly now, and I could be totally off here, so in fear of embarassing myself... Well for example I hear the word "horoba" in the song, which means disease/sickness in Polish. Could it possibly be correct?
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 27-11-2004, 14:37   #34
we shout

horoba means sickness in Polish... but that song is not in Polish... so then .. its wrong .. LoL
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you

You traded in your wings

You never left me
You never let me
Old 27-11-2004, 14:41   #35
pie crust

denial, well, I thought the language was Slavic + some other? Tajik or whatever it was called...
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 27-11-2004, 15:10   #36
we shout

well .. I don't much about that language or slavic things .. I was in shower and I thought maybe you were right .. there might be similiarity there .. I think Greg said the song is Tajikistan .. they are slavic? if they are .. then maybe you were right .. thanks.. at least now I know there is "sickness" word in the song .. but Ivan said this song is about love .. let wait more .. LoL ..
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you

You traded in your wings

You never left me
You never let me
Old 27-11-2004, 15:19   #37
pie crust

Well I'm probably wrong anyway, LOL, but it's fun to speculate.
I can't wait for the lyricssss.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 27-11-2004, 20:44   #38
Infatuation

Send a message via ICQ to belissa
Quote:
Originally Posted by staringelf
90% of the people find the whole thing disgusting
But when t.A.T.u. just appeared a lot of people said: "Hey, it's terrible!", but then more and more people began to like and to listen t.A.T.u., they said: "These girls aren't afraid of anything!!! They can show their feelings!" And now...This girl shows her feelings in her songs, and her clothes is just a clothes of the woman from the East. This woman is not a terrorist. This is how Ivan see the project or how he wants people to see it.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Love is an irresistable desire to be irresistably desired.
(c)Robert Frost

Erst wenn die Wolken schlafen gehen
Kann man uns am Himmel sehen
Wir haben Angst und sind allein
Gott weiss ich will kein Engel sein
(c) Rammstein
Old 27-11-2004, 21:18   #39
I don't waste my time

Quote:
Originally Posted by belissa
But when t.A.T.u. just appeared a lot of people said: "Hey, it's terrible!",
They did? I don't know anyone who didn't think it was great. Even if many people said they were talentless and fakes, nobody could deny it was a brilliant idea for a music project and most of all it spread out a very positive message of tolerance.

But what does this NATO project spread out? Nothing, except cheap shock. It's not a message of peace, it's nothing, it's a cheap shock, a cheap, disgusting publicity stunt and nothing else. Not even the lyrics for the song are published, which just shows it is clearly not about the music, but about making scandals in a very sad way. I mean, a woman dressed up as a muslim "Black Widow", a concert on September 11th with tickets that look like airplane tickets... How tasteless is this? It's terrible.

Ivan Shapovalov is using Terrorism for publicity purposes, not to say "Terrorism is wrong, fight for peace" but exclusively to shock. And then he comes with this cheap phylosophy and cheap psychology saying things he read in books, and that everybody knows and everybody else has said before like "Fear stops people", "Everything that happens comes from our emotions", "People only see what they want to see" ... Well DUH! Thanks so much, like that's really something new and original, and like that would EVER justify such ways to use Terrorism to get publicity. So, wait, "People only see what they want to see", so basically I must be such a cold-hearted bastard because when I see a women dressed up in a burka on September 11th with airplane tickets, I associate this with terrorism, right? If I was a happy person, I'd think "Oh, this is just a coincidence" and think it was just as innocent as children playing hide and seek, huh? Yeah, right!

I like the song, as already said. But this project has no message, and the atmosphere that surrounds it is nothing but a tasteless attempt to shock at any cost, even playing with the lives of the people who were killed on terrorist attacks.

It's nothing but a bad, tasteless joke.
Old 27-11-2004, 21:25   #40
Primetime Anchor

belissa, There's a difference in the visual message.

Tatu were playing lesbian teenagers - the phenomena is more or less accepted by the society and allowed by the law of the majority of the countries. Terrorism is a message that we get from Nato - the immediate first impression we get I mean. Terrorism is a criminal action which is prohibited by the law of ALL countries in the world. See the difference?

Then we have different connection too. Terrorism is connected with crime and death, while homosexuality is connected with relationship and human feelings.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Olga | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ ritzer@hotmail.com ]

Latest News:
| Tatu gallery | Current News | News Archive
ReplyPost New Thread