Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Sports and Entertainment

Athens 2004 - General Olympics thread!

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 18-08-2004, 21:38   #101
My Waking Hour

How strong is Danmark in handball? Are you gonna win gold?
I heard today Greece won a handball game too but it was probably a weak side. Well, a win is a win

I saw your badminton team and you lost in the semis against the Chinese but there's still the fight for bronze, tomorrow. The Chinese will play the Brits in the final.
Old 18-08-2004, 21:47   #102
you'll need love

well, a medal should be in the reach at least. *knock on wood* We won quite a few medals like 4 years ago. But just about all the old players has been replaced since. According to the commentators durring the previous two games it should be down to Korea and Denmark in the final. But don't really know if they are right.
We don't really have one star at the team, but instead a number of quality players. Durring the game towards Korea their top player got hurt and was taken out of the game durring the 2nd half. Their team still strong by then, but easy to tell the player was missing.

So hoping for gold of course, but I don't really know for sure how far we can go. Hoping for bronze in badminton tomorrow then.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't waste your time on me you're already
the voice inside my head
Old 18-08-2004, 23:17   #103
My Waking Hour

You know what? You're guaranteed bronze as both of the mixed teams are Danish
There's also the Danish mens doubles team in the semis. So I pressume badminton is the national sport of Denmark? - after handball of course
Old 18-08-2004, 23:30   #104
you'll need love

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyretto
So I pressume badminton is the national sport of Denmark? - after handball of course
I have no idea whats the national sport. I would say: 1# Soccer, 2# handball and then something. Badminton it could be yeah. But as for games aired when there isn't anything serious going on like EM, WM and Olympics we only get to see handball and soccer games on tv. Of course Tour de France too. Which with team CSC has grown to be more and more popular to watch.
~~~~~~~~~~~
the voice inside my head
Old 19-08-2004, 01:05   #105
My Waking Hour

Trevor Goes Olympic!
The first global Torch Relay in the history of the Olympic Games that started earlier this year under the motto "Pass the Flame, Unite the World" has its very own song. It is called "Pass The Flame" and performed by the Greek singer Yiannis Kotsiras. It has been produced by Trevor Horn who also co-wrote the song in collaboration with his old buddy Lol Creme and Yiannis Kotsiras.

The official single is a joint product by EMI Music International, the International Olympic Committee, and the Organising Committee for the XXVIII Olympic Games in Athens. The cd features a Greek and an English version of the song as well as an instrumental version.

passtheflame.mp3 ( slow download )

video here:

Last edited by spyretto; 19-08-2004 at 05:43.
Old 19-08-2004, 10:20   #106
Santa's bodyguard

It has been determined that having s*x before participating in athletic activity, such as a
marathon race, does not impair an athlete's abilities.

In fact, men have known and displayed this behavior for centuries. After s*x, they glance
at their watches and say, "Oops, gotta run!"

"Olympic Tidbits"

"Euphemism of the Day"
From the International Olympic Committee: "Previously unannounced business arrangement"
Translation: A bribe.

"Question to Ponder #1" Will bribery be a new Olympic event?

"Question to Ponder #2"
If the Olympics are not supposed to be commercial, could some one explain the need for licensing merchandise, and the battle for TV broadcast rights?

"Useless Facts"
Since 1896, the beginning of the modern Olympics, only Greece and Australia have participated in every Games.

"A Brief History Of The World"
525 B.C. - The first Olympics are held, and prove similar to the modern games, except that the
Russians don't try to enter a six-footer with a mustache in the women's shot put. However, the Egyptians do!

"French Attitude"
When Jean Tiberi, mayor of Paris at the time, officially launched his city's bid to host the 2008 Olympics a few years back, he announced a theme along with it. The theme: "Play your stupid games and leave us alone, you nasty people." Then again, it could be NYC. Let's not even go there.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Ho, ho, ho. Santa is in town. And he has a list of naughty girls.

Proud "no club member" club member

Life sucks so why don't you just drop your pants and enjoy it?

Tatysite, love or leave it. And don't bother complaining, thread will be closed.
Old 19-08-2004, 14:39   #107
My Waking Hour

We got our third gold !

It's sailing, not sure what category but the girls have turned their boat upside down and there are more crazy celebrations Greek style

The Brits are being murdered in the badminton at the moment. Lost the first set 15-1. But you got your first gold in sailing!

......woooa!! fantastic badminton final, the British were really fighting their hearts out. I thought they were gonna win it, but the mighty Zhang and his partner made quite a comeback 15-1, 12-15, 15-12 for the Chinese.

So no gold for Britain in badminton.

Last edited by spyretto; 19-08-2004 at 16:37.
Old 19-08-2004, 20:11   #108
My Waking Hour

Can Patterson hold on?
Old 19-08-2004, 20:45   #109
Primetime Anchor

Yep.
1. Petterson (USA)
2. Khorkina (Russia)
3. Zhang (China)

Very cool cmptetition and Petterson was the best without any doubt!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Olga | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ ritzer@hotmail.com ]

Latest News:
| Tatu gallery | Current News | News Archive
Old 19-08-2004, 20:51   #110
Don't dream it, be it!

Yes, you can't argue with the result. I feel sorry for Khorkina though. It's tough when you've been the best in the world for a sustained period of time and don't get the Olympic title that should go with that. That must be the end of her career now.
Old 19-08-2004, 23:29   #111
you'll need love

Spain down.. next up Angola, I think.. (handball still) Got to see most of the game. Was well played even though our trainer tried a lot of new things today. When leading 5 goals or so. Won by 3 or 2 goals.. as long as we win we can't really complain.

Badminton mix: Denmark bronze.. hehe
Tabletennis double looking promising.
~~~~~~~~~~~
the voice inside my head
Old 19-08-2004, 23:45   #112
My Waking Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by transcend
Yes, you can't argue with the result. I feel sorry for Khorkina though. It's tough when you've been the best in the world for a sustained period of time and don't get the Olympic title that should go with that. That must be the end of her career now.
I agree with both statements, Patterson absolutely deserved it and I think that was Khorkina's swansong. Pavlova also deserved a medal and I was sorry for her.
Old 20-08-2004, 04:01   #113
Primetime Anchor

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyretto
I agree with both statements, Patterson absolutely deserved it and I think that was Khorkina's swansong. Pavlova also deserved a medal and I was sorry for her.
Khorkina is quitting after this Olympics anyway, she's 25 now. She career was long and brilliant and she hasn't had this little title yet - a medal in all-around event. Otherwise she is classed as #1 in the world EVER with her 20 world champs and olympic titles. So she can retire without any regrets now.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Olga | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ ritzer@hotmail.com ]

Latest News:
| Tatu gallery | Current News | News Archive

Last edited by forre; 20-08-2004 at 11:14.
Old 20-08-2004, 11:05   #114
Loved and Admired by All

Location: Somehwere in between the mountains under the scorching sun

Send a message via Yahoo to rANdoMtATuFaN
Yep - even though this isn't the ending she was looking for, no one can say that the Queen is not the best. Three World Championship All-around Titles - no one has done that. I can't believe it's over - I've been waiting for this since Sydney. She has been #1 for so long and with her height - I'm in complete awe of the lady. That is why Khorkina has been my idol for years. It's fair to say that she's the best gymnast in the history of the sport (yes, better than Nadia) - her record simply shows it, even without the Olympic title. I remember being so ecstatic when she won the all-around at Anaheim last year. Well, there's always the unevenbars final - can't wait for that.

Btw, I love what the Olympics are doing to my website stats - I had 3963 hits, just yesterday. And, it took me three years to get to 2000 hits.
Old 20-08-2004, 17:41   #115
My Waking Hour

Noon Medals top 15 update:

China 15 11 11 37
USA 15 11 10 36
Japan 13 4 2 19
Australia 8 5 8 21
Italy 5 6 3 14
Germany 5 4 8 17
France 5 4 5 14
Ukraine 5 1 1 7
Russia 4 9 11 24
S. Korea 4 8 3 15
Turkey 3 0 1 4
Greece 3 0 1 4
Holland 2 5 5 12
G. Britain 2 4 4 10
Hungary 2 3 1 6

Russia clearly needs more golds, they were second in Sydney. Japan's got an incredible 13 gold medals but the judo will soon be over - they're still the most improved team though China & USA are still fighting for the top spot but I can't see how the Chinese can hold on when the athletics medals begin to count for the US team. we'll see...

A little update on the tennis tournament. An absolutely classic game in the semi finals with Myskina losing the first set to Henin-Hardenne, winning the second 7-5 ( though she was down by two games middle-way through ). Then she led 5-3 in the third having the serve and Justine made an incredible comeback to 5-5. Myskina close to tears as she serves in the 11th game now...

7-5, 5-7, 8-6 for Henin-Herdenne. I can't believe Myskina lost that game, she must be gutted

So Belgium will go for the gold, possibly against France, unless Molik creates a total shock by beating Amelie Mauresmo in the second semi that follows...

Myskina still has a chance of an Olympic medal, and I hope she wins it

Last edited by spyretto; 20-08-2004 at 20:50.
Old 20-08-2004, 21:36   #116
Участник

Why are the e-p-o-thians so good at the distance races?
Old 20-08-2004, 22:09   #117
Don't dream it, be it!

Because they live at altitude.
Old 20-08-2004, 22:11   #118
My Waking Hour

She did it, Mauresmo goes to tomorrow's final, so after two semis disappointments, she might get it right third time around...
Old 20-08-2004, 22:15   #119
Don't dream it, be it!

Yeeeesssss! Thanks spyretto - I was wondering why the result wasn't up on Ceefax. That must've been a late finish - thanks to the Henin-Hardenne - Myskina encounter I suppose.
Old 20-08-2004, 22:17   #120
Don't dream it, be it!

Mauresmo beat Justine at the WTA end of season championships last year...and I think that might have been their last match...but I stand to be corrected. It's a no-lose situation for me anyway - they're my two favourite female players. But quand meme - allez Amelie!
ReplyPost New Thread