Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Sports and Entertainment

The L Word (Part 3)

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 27-01-2007, 01:46   #101
Участник

This episode was great. In this season Bette and Jenny have both reverted to being rather like they were in season 1. I like it when Bette's alpha and when Jenny's completely outrageous. It was mad of Bette to give in to temptation with Nadia, though, her little speech to Bette in the car was like holding up a big sign saying "I'm going to turn into a stalker later. Run away now." But when it comes to these matters Bette always thinks with her clitoris.

I find the change in Helena's character after she's lost all her money a lot more believable than her inexplicable switch from being really bitchy in season 2 to nice as pie in season 3. She would have lost all her confidence and hence much of her appeal to women as she bemoaned.

Alice is always a great character. It's helped by the fact that like Jennifer Beals, Leisha Hailey really can act. People moan about how bad Daniela Sea is, but isn't Max supposed to be really socially awkward and uncomfortable in his own skin? Isn't that the point of the character?

Ilene Chaiken seems to have been watching Curb Your Enthusiasm and/or Extras because she's going for the comedy of embarrassment in nearly all the scenes. I think it generally works well, but the lesbians/straights confrontation at Tina's party could have been handled better.
Old 28-01-2007, 13:50   #102
Сидите на моем рту

Send a message via MSN to QueenOfLesbania Send a message via Skype™ to QueenOfLesbania
lol, this pretty much shows how i feel about tina this season (and the previous one) she used to be fun
~~~~~~~~~~~
QoL

I don't believe you!
Old 28-01-2007, 17:38   #103
http://tatumedia.net

I still need episode 3. Help!
Old 28-01-2007, 17:53   #104
iMod

Quote:
Please don't get her into straight mode
Yeah, that's why i quit watching the show after last season, the nonsensical character development and the ever growing man-hating/heterophobia that has reached ridiculous levels, enough.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]
Old 28-01-2007, 21:27   #105
Новенький

Does anyone have a link for ep 3 yet? Has anyone seen it? That isnt rapidshare..please and thank you
Old 29-01-2007, 10:42   #106
winter days ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by haku View Post
Yeah, that's why i quit watching the show after last season, the nonsensical character development and the ever growing man-hating/heterophobia that has reached ridiculous levels, enough.
haku that annoyed the hell out of me too. i dont identify with lesbian equalling male hatin' and heterophobic. my role model when i was growing up was my brother and we're still extremely close. he was also very supportive when i came out. so the show does annoy me somewhat for those reasons.

im glad to see the l word becoming lighter. alice is back to how she was when we first got introduced to her in season 1. full of witty comments, no longer sitting at home wallowing in self pity like she did in season whatever it was.

shane is ... SHANE ! hehe i just think shes the kind of person everyone is always going to like. no matter the mistakes she makes she hasnt got a malicious vindictive bone in her body so how can anyone not like her.

max is still irritating. but thank god not as aggressive as last season.

what the hell is jenny smoking ?! i want some !

i think papi is growing on me ... but what is it with the l word casting asians as latinas ? first sarah shahi and now janine gavankar ? [might have the spelling wrong]. ok so sara is technically middle eastern but still.

bette and tina still need to get lives.

i think phyllis is starting to grow on me ... heads will roll kroll. hehe !

but this season, i think best acting definitely belongs to alice
Old 29-01-2007, 14:02   #107
Bitchka

omg, alice! THANK god for alice... she is def season 4 superstar!

i havent seen the whole episode yet, but from what ive seen so fat its once again hillarious!
i saw the basketball scene LoL
i saw shane modeling for hugo boss

jenny during the basketball game was .... wow, back to the jenny i like... smoking.. and the coffee drinking was funny... like goofy but funny... l word sometimes makes goofy but BAD, that one i liked

oh i just re-watched the bb game and had to comment on couple of funny things:

"whatcha doing rodeo drive?"
"shoppin bitch!"

"i told you not to pass me the ball... "
"are we at the planet, put that coffee down!"
"no, but i told you not to pass it to me"

"im still gonna kick your white ass"
"whatever, DAD"

then alice getting the ball through the legs.... crazy motherfucking ass yelling.. and then... bong! totally OFF shot

then kit gives jenny the ball.. "ahh, dont touch me! move! go on!"
and for once i like bette... she got so competitive
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!

Last edited by coolasfcuk; 29-01-2007 at 14:27.
Old 29-01-2007, 16:01   #108
iMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh View Post
haku that annoyed the hell out of me too.
Glad to see i'm not the only one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh View Post
but what is it with the l word casting asians as latinas ?
That's Hollywood for you, lol.
Similarly, in the show Lost, there is a character supposed to be Iraqi, but he's played by an actor of Indian origin who looks nothing like an Arab. In flashbacks they sometimes make him speak "Arabic" but i know from real Arab people that it sounds absolutely ridiculous. There's also a "French woman" in the show, and i generally don't understand a word she's saying when she speaks "French", lol (there was also a L Word episode with butchered French last year).

So that tells us 2 things about Hollywood, first that Latinos/Arabs/Indians all look the same to them and are interchangeable, and second that they are unable to find actors who speak anything correctly other than English.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]
Old 29-01-2007, 18:57   #109
Сидите на моем рту

Send a message via MSN to QueenOfLesbania Send a message via Skype™ to QueenOfLesbania
i reckon bette is the absolute worst of all the man hating lesbians. i used to be able to stomach her when she was with tina, but then it went all overboard with the baby in s2 and she's just gone downhill from there.. it's now at a point where i'll fast forward bette scenes like i've always done with jenny and marina.. i just want l word to be fun and fresh again. alice looks like she might be getting there this season *crosses fingers*
Quote:
Originally Posted by haku View Post
there was also a L Word episode with butchered French last year
quite a few people said carmen was horrible at spanish, but unless you actually speak the language, i don't think it's a big deal.
~~~~~~~~~~~
QoL

I don't believe you!
Old 29-01-2007, 20:25   #110
Bitchka

guys, c'mon mia is not french.. she had few french words and i am sure they were ok for a non native. then elodie (or however you spell her name) is french so i am sure her french was ok

you know, its better to have a good actor than bad actor that can speak the language... carmen i didnt like in general so i am glad she is gone

and i am sorry to break it down to you, but there are gay women out there (and actually even more gay men!) that are exactly like that - a little heterophob, just like there are plenty more homophobes .. i do not support either, but the truth is - they do exist. then in actuallity, i dont think any of the girls on l word are man haters... actually jenny is the one that comes the closest, but hers was mainly due to her experiences as a child....just because bette is a power dyke doesnt mean she hates men... i cant recall where she's expressed it, you can ry to convince me otherwise...
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 29-01-2007, 23:46   #111
Участник

Send a message via MSN to zebu
whats with all the origin should matter when playing a character, first almost all the cast is not gay and playing gay lol which is ok, theyre actors and theyre supposed to know to play somone theyre usually not, thats what makes a great actor. not like those lame ones that always play the same role and act the same way in real life.

how many times did one of my fav actors omar shariff play russians and diff europeans, being arab, that didnt discredit his interpretation. there are milions examples like that. the french woman in lost is a croatian actrice and i dont think she played the part bad cos she didnt speak french with a perfect accent. only thing i did mind in situations like these was once when i was watching a cowboy movie, indians spoke croatian. lool

back on the subject, i liked the episode. this season seems to be getting better than season 3 for sure. helena should get more minutes and get back to being a season 2 bitch. i loved her confrontations with bette back then.
~~~~~~~~~~~
pogledaj da li me mozes presnimiti
Old 30-01-2007, 13:57   #112
Сидите на моем рту

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebu View Post
helena should get more minutes and get back to being a season 2 bitch
agreed, she was so much fun.. but then again it's kinda fun seeing her now, all outta money like me

any links yet for new ep? like rapidshare? *crosses fingers*
~~~~~~~~~~~
QoL

I don't believe you!
Old 30-01-2007, 14:12   #113
fancy topping

the basketball thing was so funny hehe so cool
I love Helena
~~~~~~~~~~~
(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('') "your love is enormous, it's lifting me up"

Anaïs | Pie crust's lover | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. | [11] |
[my fansite]
Old 31-01-2007, 16:49   #114
Bitchka

who the fuck are you calling 'brown barbie' you fucking 'carmelita tropicana'
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 31-01-2007, 16:49   #115
Божественная красота

Send a message via AIM to YLuelniaa Send a message via MSN to YLuelniaa
any one have the episode yet?
Old 01-02-2007, 22:51   #116
"... I love birds"

who else is likin shane and shay in this season?
Old 02-02-2007, 01:25   #117
Bitchka

whats there to like about a MUTE fucking 9 year old? pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease..... shane is a bit boooooooooooooooorning for me lol

alice has def. climbed up the latter for me though
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 02-02-2007, 10:35   #118
winter days ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasfcuk View Post
whats there to like about a MUTE fucking 9 year old? pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease..... shane is a bit boooooooooooooooorning for me lol

alice has def. climbed up the latter for me though

ditto

alice is making season 4 worth watching
Old 02-02-2007, 14:05   #119
Сидите на моем рту

ep4 (#4.4 Layup) 350mb
http://www.megaupload.com/dk/?d=O9QSYDLJ
mirror
http://www.megaupload.com/dk/?d=60DAJDGZ
dunno who to credit by i think it's jls101
~~~~~~~~~~~
QoL

I don't believe you!
Old 03-02-2007, 00:54   #120
Новенький

anyone have ep 3 link???pls
ReplyPost New Thread