Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Sports and Entertainment

Athens 2004 - General Olympics thread!

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 16-08-2004, 21:03   #61
My Waking Hour

Shock! we just won our first gold in mens diving !!

yooohooo!!!!
Old 17-08-2004, 02:47   #62
the unattainable kish

Send a message via ICQ to kishkash Send a message via MSN to kishkash
LMAO!! i find it hilarious that they've resorted to giving away free tix to the events just to fill out the stadiums

My aunt was able to snag free tix to the swimming finals for my cuz
~~~~~~~~~~~
Ze origional p.I.m.p
karens quote of the day: 'If i were gay it'd be so much easier'

forkMeRaw | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ urmamawantsme@hotmail.com ]
Old 17-08-2004, 11:37   #63
Santa's bodyguard

Seb Coe, the Olympic Gold Medal runner, was on his way to a club with some friends.

At the door, the bouncer turned to him and said, "Sorry, mate, you can't come in here - no denim."

Seb was quite annoyed at this and retorted, "Don't you know who I am? I'm Sebastian Coe."

"Then it won't take you long to run home and change, will it?" replied the bouncer.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Ho, ho, ho. Santa is in town. And he has a list of naughty girls.

Proud "no club member" club member

Life sucks so why don't you just drop your pants and enjoy it?

Tatysite, love or leave it. And don't bother complaining, thread will be closed.
Old 17-08-2004, 15:01   #64
Primetime Anchor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishkash
LMAO!! i find it hilarious that they've resorted to giving away free tix to the events just to fill out the stadiums
My aunt was able to snag free tix to the swimming finals for my cuz
It's even more hilarious to see this on the Athens 2004 official site:
With such a high selling rate, the tickets of the ATHENS 2004 Olympic Games are already hard to find. Purchase yours in time and be part of the greatest celebration of humanity.
... and then to see the empty- and half-empty arenas.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Olga | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ ritzer@hotmail.com ]

Latest News:
| Tatu gallery | Current News | News Archive
Old 17-08-2004, 15:41   #65
My Waking Hour

The discus throw event - both mens and womens - starts tomorrow ahead of the rest of the athletics; it will be held in the site of Olympia as a tribute to the ancient pentathlon. It promises to be very spectacular indeed.

I spoke to a couple of friends - choreographers - and I was shocked to to hear they thought the opening ceremony was the best ever It's really a matter of taste, I suppose.

Our second gold medal comes from judo
Old 17-08-2004, 15:45   #66
Santa's bodyguard

Wo-hoooooooo. First Slovenian medal. Go judo.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Ho, ho, ho. Santa is in town. And he has a list of naughty girls.

Proud "no club member" club member

Life sucks so why don't you just drop your pants and enjoy it?

Tatysite, love or leave it. And don't bother complaining, thread will be closed.
Old 17-08-2004, 15:47   #67
My Waking Hour

Quote:
It's even more hilarious to see this on the Athens 2004 official site:
With such a high selling rate, the tickets of the ATHENS 2004 Olympic Games are already hard to find. Purchase yours in time and be part of the greatest celebration of humanity.
forre , didin't you say about 70% of the tickets were sold?
Well, the situation is as follows: 90% of the finals are sold out but you wouldn't expect the Greeks to rush to watch premilinaries of sports they don't even know would you? It has been one of the worst years for Greek tourism as well. Not to mention most of them are on vacation, it's vacation season in Greece right now.

If you want to see a packed stadium, watch the basketball match later.
Old 17-08-2004, 15:52   #68
My Waking Hour

oh because spy knows everything about these Olympics, in Sydney the government bought tickets and gave them away for free to fill the stadia. The Greek organisers said from the beginning they're not gonna do that - and are still saying the same.

Maybe they just gave in and threw a few free tickets for good measure after all?

Not to mention that China, Japan and South East Asia were not that far from Australia.

So here's the answer to your question. ( from mr "know-it-all" ), didn't I say that it was the Americans cheering their athletes in the ceremony? I was right, once again. Yesterday in the diving, the Americans were the only ones threatening the Greeks for the gold, and there were cheers in their last attempt after the Greeks had finished. AND IT WASN'T THE GREEKS, LOL

Which goes to prove my point. I'm good or am I good?

So what are you implying, these Olympics are not the best ever? If they were held in September it'd be a lot better but then again the OIC had rejected the Greek request.

so here's my comprehensive and brilliant answer.

Last edited by spyretto; 17-08-2004 at 16:05.
Old 17-08-2004, 16:13   #69
Don't dream it, be it!

On the subject of the empty stadia - I was disappointed to see such a poor crowd for the men's team gymnastics final last night - the gymnastics is normally one of the most popular Olympic events. I'd think there might be a better crowd for the women's team final tonight though. It's been a blah Olympics for the Brits so far - there's still our Paula in the marathon on Sunday though...Mind you, I'm already leaning towards the French team...Allez les gars! Allez les filles!
Old 17-08-2004, 16:23   #70
My Waking Hour

How many medals have you won so far? just the silver in the diving or are there any more? How about rowing and cross country?

I love the French culture too, transcend, not to mention that they're a lot lot closer to us that the Brits. But aren't you a bit obsessive? Just a suggestion
Old 17-08-2004, 17:45   #71
Primetime Anchor

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyretto
forre , didin't you say about 70% of the tickets were sold?
Well, the situation is as follows: 90% of the finals are sold out but you wouldn't expect the Greeks to rush to watch premilinaries of sports they don't even know would you? It has been one of the worst years for Greek tourism as well. Not to mention most of them are on vacation, it's vacation season in Greece right now.
If you want to see a packed stadium, watch the basketball match later.
I said 3,000,000 out of 5,200,000 tix are sold. That makes about 57,6%. That can be hardly called "a hight rate". That's all. The statement is rediculous in itself.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Latest News:
Old 17-08-2004, 18:00   #72
My Waking Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by forre
I said 3,000,000 out of 5,200,000 tix are sold. That makes about 57,6%. That can be hardly called "a hight rate". That's all. The statement is rediculous in itself.
What statement? 95% percent of the costs is covered? I thought you said that on a positive note, now you say that the statement is rediculous? we're talking of costs three times over the initial estimations.

Actually I read that the tickets sales are so far in the figures of Barcelona's Olympics. Barcelona was the same thing: Not much interest for certain obscure sports, hence no spectators. Greece has ten-eleven million people, not fifty or sixty.

And anyway it's only the 4th day, ...57.6 % is good enough, actually. When the athletics start there will be more.

Last edited by spyretto; 17-08-2004 at 18:30.
Old 17-08-2004, 19:01   #73
Primetime Anchor

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyretto
What statement? 95% percent of the costs is covered? I thought you said that on a positive note, now you say that the statement is rediculous? we're talking of costs three times over the initial estimations.

Actually I read that the tickets sales are so far in the figures of Barcelona's Olympics. Barcelona was the same thing: Not much interest for certain obscure sports, hence no spectators. Greece has ten-eleven million people, not fifty or sixty.

And anyway it's only the 4th day, ...57.6 % is good enough, actually. When the athletics start there will be more.
The costs that have been covered have nothing to do with the "high rate". Financial aspect and the Olympic spirit, plus the attention of the audience are rolling a bit apart. The finances are okay, the popularity of the games is vague. I'm not negative at all. It's a strong move from Greece to put up with such a project generally.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Latest News:
Old 17-08-2004, 19:07   #74
you'll need love

Denmark - South Korea was a tie. Dammit.. now we appearently have to win the next two games. But then again being behind most of the game and then balance, behind again, balance.. it was quite ok to finish with a tie. Only problem being that a Danish goal got scored the second the game was ended. Could have won if only a split second later.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't waste your time on me you're already
the voice inside my head
Old 17-08-2004, 19:17   #75
Don't dream it, be it!

Another medal for Britain - bronze in the swimming! Hurrah! Shame Ian couldn't take the Americans on the last leg of the 200m relay ( no offense to our American members). And now it's time for the gymnastics...
Old 17-08-2004, 19:33   #76
My Waking Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by transcend
On the subject of the empty stadia - I was disappointed to see such a poor crowd for the men's team gymnastics final last night - the gymnastics is normally one of the most popular Olympic events. I'd think there might be a better crowd for the women's team final tonight though. It's been a blah Olympics for the Brits so far - there's still our Paula in the marathon on Sunday though...Mind you, I'm already leaning towards the French team...Allez les gars! Allez les filles!
funny enough, I just heard on the Greek radio that the tickets for the gymnastic are among the most expensive. There are a lot more spectators tonight though.

Congrats on your medal, I saw the race and it was..ahem ok
Old 17-08-2004, 19:46   #77
Don't dream it, be it!

Mmmmm...they just said on the BBC that the tickets for tonight's gymnastics were originally 200 euros. That is a hell of a lot. The Romanians are looking good so far...
Old 17-08-2004, 20:02   #78
Primetime Anchor

Quote:
Originally Posted by transcend
Mmmmm...they just said on the BBC that the tickets for tonight's gymnastics were originally 200 euros. That is a hell of a lot. The Romanians are looking good so far...
It's all open at the moment. Very interesting!
~~~~~~~~~~~

Latest News:
Old 17-08-2004, 20:08   #79
Don't dream it, be it!

The Chinese look to be out of it after disappointing performances on the asymmetric bars...
Old 17-08-2004, 20:13   #80
Primetime Anchor

Yep, China is out. Definitely.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Latest News:
ReplyPost New Thread