Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU Solo Projects Lena Katina

Lena Katina Solo Project

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 22-02-2010, 00:23   #621
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanoff View Post
Lady GaGa should have failed then from your side.Just have some patience.
What the fuck does Lady GaGa have to do with any of this? It's really stupid that I can't say one thing without anybody pulling GaGa into the spectrum because I will OWN you. It's a completely separate issue, and two that should not be compared since there are no similarities. T.A. Music is once again going to be the downfall of something else. And don't talk to me about patience, I, like you - sat and waited for D&M as well as VU and now for Lena.
Old 22-02-2010, 09:07   #622
Hatırla Sevgili

Send a message via MSN to fanoff
You should know better than me,Lady GaGa released an EP,which was an epic fail then managed to get record company and totally took 2 years to make The Fame.Lena's recordings will finish in April and it's not a year,looking at when they started for Lena.Come on,own me
~~~~~~~~~~~
Dudağımda yarım kalan söylenmemiş son sözümdür...
Baki olsa da ayrılık,
Aşk her daim ölümsüzdür...

Varsın eller gönül yarası kapanır sansın,
Kabuğun altında sevgili sen kanayansın...
Old 22-02-2010, 10:53   #623
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
You should know better than me,Lady GaGa released an EP,which was an epic fail then managed to get record company and totally took 2 years to make The Fame.Lena's recordings will finish in April and it's not a year,looking at when they started for Lena.Come on,own me
I know better than you that her EP is what got her signed to Def Jam.

My point is that we've heard nothing. Absolutely nothing. Also, not to be rude - but space after you punctuate, it's confusing to read.
Old 22-02-2010, 14:19   #624
Vicente

Send a message via MSN to Vicente
Talyubittu, she is recording an album, starting a new project, that isn't easy, that take time. And you will not hear nothing until they release the first single. They're trying do their best work.
Old 22-02-2010, 16:42   #625
Hatırla Sevgili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicente View Post
Talyubittu, she is recording an album, starting a new project, that isn't easy, that take time. And you will not hear nothing until they release the first single. They're trying do their best work.
This means epic fail for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyubittu View Post
I know better than you that her EP is what got her signed to Def Jam.

My point is that we've heard nothing. Absolutely nothing. Also, not to be rude - but space after you punctuate, it's confusing to read.
But her EP was not what made a single ordinary person know about her.And that is called a flop, get over it!

When do you want to hear the songs?As soon as the songs are done?They're in a working process, and it takes time, if you want to do something proper. Even for Lady GaGa. Did you hear anything about The Fame Monster before the release(or leak) of the album?
~~~~~~~~~~~
Baki olsa da ayrılık,

Old 22-02-2010, 18:26   #626
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
This means epic fail for him.

But her EP was not what made a single ordinary person know about her.And that is called a flop, get over it!

The EP was actually not even released due to Def Jam dropping multiple acts after recording music - that's not a flop, it's a record lable decision. Her EP is irrelevent anyways, Lena has material that people know - and still nobody will sign her. I'm pretty sure that TFM was recorded and released shortly after TF was - unlike Lena's album with VU, so what is your comparison here? I don't see you making any progress with your argument. Do not attempt to debate me on this, you will fail as you currently are.

Quote:

When do you want to hear the songs?As soon as the songs are done?They're in a working process, and it takes time, if you want to do something proper. Even for Lady GaGa. Did you hear anything about The Fame Monster before the release(or leak) of the album?
We don't even know song titles from Lena's album or the type of music it is. - And yes, we did actually. Both "Bad Romance" and "Alejandro" were heard before the album - as well as the titles of other tracks. Since you're so keen on bringing GaGa up in comparison (since I didn't?) - TFM was recorded ON THE ROAD in various countries in under a year - Lena has had her ass stationary with the same group of song writers and producers - don't feed me the "time" bullshit story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicente
As wonderful as that is, we know nothing about the project - nothing about her music, but she seems to have time to go see Troy play gigs and to go to Halloween parties. What the fuck much? - She's had a year to work, and she has a production team and a manager - it's not like she's hunting on her own in the middle of downtown L.A. - I just wish that SOME news would appear eventually. Her epic storybook of nothing has achieved zero interest in my department.
Old 22-02-2010, 19:06   #627
Vicente

Well in that point is true, they could starting releasing some clues about this album.
Old 22-02-2010, 21:57   #628
Trust no1

Quote:
Well in that point is true, they could starting releasing some clues about this album.
Although they haven't said anything officially yet, a fan (Flo) did meet Lena, Sven and Troy at a gig Troy did at The Mint in LA and posted a report on tatu.ru which included this:

Quote:
About the Project:

- They'll be in Los Angeles until April, then Lena's coming back to Moscow for a few weeks, then back to LA for the last and final session
- The music will sound way more mature than t.A.T.u.'s
- The music won't be too electronic
- English songs; Spanish and/or Russian songs are possible
- 5-6 songs are almost done, another 5-6 songs are in process

That's all I can say, there's no other news of the recording process and the project they told me. ; )
The whole thing is here It's the 7th post on the page.
Old 22-02-2010, 22:22   #629
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulder View Post
Although they haven't said anything officially yet, a fan (Flo) did meet Lena, Sven and Troy at a gig Troy did at The Mint in LA and posted a report on tatu.ru which included this:

The whole thing is here It's the 7th post on the page.
Right. Fans shouldn't have to reply on accidentally bumping into them in public for news. Her site could be updated with progress? Why else is the damn thing up already? Why is she singing in Spanish I also inquire? She can hardly handle English. She doesn't even speak Spanish. And I'm not sure what "more mature" means. Perhaps the absence of bunnies and squirrels?
Old 22-02-2010, 23:45   #630
Vicente

Oh yes mulder, I mean official report in her website
Old 23-02-2010, 04:20   #631
Chun ruk ter!

Offtop:
I appreciate both Lena and GaGa (in different ways) but it's absolutely impossible for me to deny the work Lady GaGa has done. Lady GaGa's a performer since she was a kid, creative writer from power ballads to pop songs, expressing herself from her voice to her clothes to her theatrics. Lena's a pretty girl with a decent voice trying to survive a questionable management. There's not much point comparing them. And that EP was from when she was a teenager. At least she made an ep by herself, not that it's relevant. XD
And to this day, I still have no idea where people saw a Lady Gaga in Yulia. Whaat?

We all know I stopped expecting stuff from anyone a part of Tatu a long time ago. I never even realized how long it's been. It's not that I'm spiteful of Lena and Yulia, and I realize it's ridiculous how long it's been, but I stopped anticipating.

... And singing in Spanish? That's really random, but I guess it's fan service, if it's just one "special" song. I think Lena's English is pretty good for the most part. Avril Lavigne did multiple (hilarious) versions of "Girlfriend" in different languages any way.
That's really cool the fan got to meet them so casually though. I suppose that's one positive in fading out of the lime light. The way it's worded makes him seem like a stalker though.
~~~~~~~~~~~
I use the same smilies in every post.
Manage your waste with a happy face!
I've just noticed the guy in my avatar (Eiji Wentz) kind of looks like a girl. But for your confirmation, it is a guy.
---
yaa glua taa ter ja bploi meu chan bpai

อย่ากลัวถ้าเธอจะ?? ?ล่อยมือฉันไป

Last edited by MalchikGeiBrand; 23-02-2010 at 04:45.
Old 23-02-2010, 09:59   #632
Hatırla Sevgili

Quote:
The EP was actually not even released due to Def Jam dropping multiple acts after recording music - that's not a flop, it's a record lable decision
Something like this happened to t.A.T.u. and you were here saying this is an epic fail.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Baki olsa da ayrılık,

Old 23-02-2010, 10:01   #633
Hatırla Sevgili

Quote:
The EP was actually not even released due to Def Jam dropping multiple acts after recording music - that's not a flop, it's a record lable decision.
Something like this happened to Tatu and you were around here saying that was an epic fail.Well, so objective

And I did not compare Lady GaGa with Lena,I just gave a simple f*cking example

Quote:
TFM was recorded ON THE ROAD in various countries in under a year
The thing you should know is Lena did not work for the solo project during the whole year, but worked as some monthly periods. It makes the process will be more than you expect.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Baki olsa da ayrılık,

Old 23-02-2010, 11:48   #634
Trust no1

Quote:
Oh yes mulder, I mean official report in her website
Oh, I agree. It would be nice if they updated more than once in a blue moon

Talyubittu Calm down It takes time to record an album. Lena and the band are writing songs from scratch, rehearsing and recording them then doing the post production and mixing. They've only being doing this for about a year, in short bursts as Lena goes back and forth between Moscow and LA. They want the finished product to be the best they can make it, and I, for one, am prepared to give them all the time they want. I'd sooner have a good album later, than an average one now.
Old 23-02-2010, 17:15   #635
Martian Eyes

Quote:
- The music will sound way more mature than t.A.T.u.'s
Does that mean Vu/WM is infantile? Ok, I don't want to argue with Borya and the others about their own perception of their own work... although...fighting against roots is so much more mature than ... let's say bunnies on the wall, brains on the door or reassembling pieces of little people.

About the time required for the album: We are not talking about mincing an album together in weeks, the argument that a good work needs time doesn't really suit for me in this case, they have already played around for a year. It's not necessary to begin a solo career with an album release anyway, which most probably only a handful of fans will buy. Gigs, videos, public appearances of any kind, that's the first thing to do. It looks as if there is no song so far good enough to release as a radio single.
Old 23-02-2010, 20:09   #636
Trust no1

True enough, but there's no point doing gigs until they have some of their own songs to showcase. It won't create a good impression, if their show consists mostly of old Tatu songs or covers.

Releasing a single is fine, but they need to get an album out shortly after. Too long a gap and the momentum is lost.

At present, time is on Lena's side, as apart from a few fans in the know, no-one else is expecting anything from her. Normally, when a band splits up people are expecting the various members to release something quite quickly. In Lena's case, most of the world doesn't know, or care, that Tatu are no more. Lena has a rare opportunity to start at the beginning as a new artist, but still be able to call on a backlog of songs until she has enough of her own.
Old 23-02-2010, 23:39   #637
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Something like this happened to t.A.T.u. and you were here saying this is an epic fail.
Are you retarded? NOTHING like that happened to t.A.T.u. - they finished an album and STILL WERE NOT SIGNED. That's a far cry from having an EP, getting signed and then being dropped to due label budgeting complications.

Quote:
The thing you should know is Lena did not work for the solo project during the whole year, but worked as some monthly periods. It makes the process will be more than you expect.
The point is that we still knowing nothing about the album or what's going on despite her official site being up already. The only information we ever get is when some super fan happens to stalk them at a club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulder
It takes time to record an album. Lena and the band are writing songs from scratch, rehearsing and recording them then doing the post production and mixing. They've only being doing this for about a year, in short bursts as Lena goes back and forth between Moscow and LA. They want the finished product to be the best they can make it, and I, for one, am prepared to give them all the time they want. I'd sooner have a good album later, than an average one now.
I'm aware that it takes time to record an album - but Lena has no reason to flip flop back and forth between Moscow and L.A. when she's supposed to be working. Neither of these girls have ever had a vigorous schedule ever, yet they both bitch and moan about everything like the divas they are. I'd rather have a professional team managing an "OK" band than T.A. Music manage Lena if she's really as good as everyone thinks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argos
We are not talking about mincing an album together in weeks, the argument that a good work needs time doesn't really suit for me in this case, they have already played around for a year. It's not necessary to begin a solo career with an album release anyway, which most probably only a handful of fans will buy. Gigs, videos, public appearances of any kind, that's the first thing to do. It looks as if there is no song so far good enough to release as a radio single.

Alas. This is why I love you. Once again the only goal is to complete their finished product with their finished image without considering the fact that there are no fans, no shows, and no quality material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulder View Post
True enough, but there's no point doing gigs until they have some of their own songs to showcase. It won't create a good impression, if their show consists mostly of old Tatu songs or covers.

Releasing a single is fine, but they need to get an album out shortly after. Too long a gap and the momentum is lost.

At present, time is on Lena's side, as apart from a few fans in the know, no-one else is expecting anything from her. Normally, when a band splits up people are expecting the various members to release something quite quickly. In Lena's case, most of the world doesn't know, or care, that Tatu are no more. Lena has a rare opportunity to start at the beginning as a new artist, but still be able to call on a backlog of songs until she has enough of her own.
Mulder, if they don't have ANY quality music to showcase after an entire year together, then what the fuck are they doing with their time? - They have plenty of material to put a show on with. And no, time is not on Lena's side. Most of the world does not know or care about t.A.T.u. anymore - the same with Lena. That's why nobody recognizes her when she runs around in public when she should be working. Lena has the rare opportunity of failing not only once in a group, but as a solo act as well - that's the only thing special going on here. Because T.A. Music is a giant production house full of nothing but idiots who openly insult fans and spend time doing the dumbest shit possible in the name of their artists.
Old 24-02-2010, 00:07   #638
Участник

Quote:
Neither of these girls have ever had a vigorous schedule ever,
Good one, Talyubittu.
Old 24-02-2010, 00:08   #639
Участник

Quote:
The point is that we still knowing nothing about the album or what's going on despite her official site being up already. The only information we ever get is when some super fan happens to stalk them at a club.
OT: Uhm, excuse me? I was certainly not stalking them at this club?! Troy gave a small gig there, I didn't even have the slightest idea that Lena and the others were also coming around. And since they (=Lena, Sven, Boris, Olga) weren't even sure a couple of hours before the gig if they should have come to see his performance I don't get why I should have stalked them? I really can't understand this blame. And if you were talking in general: The same goes to other fans who met them in Los Angeles. They absolutely weren't stalking them?
Old 24-02-2010, 00:43   #640
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo181 View Post
OT: Uhm, excuse me? I was certainly not stalking them at this club?! Troy gave a small gig there, I didn't even have the slightest idea that Lena and the others were also coming around. And since they (=Lena, Sven, Boris, Olga) weren't even sure a couple of hours before the gig if they should have come to see his performance I don't get why I should have stalked them? I really can't understand this blame. And if you were talking in general: The same goes to other fans who met them in Los Angeles. They absolutely weren't stalking them?
I wasn't literally saying you were stalking them. My point is we ONLY get information when fans run into the girls. Nothing meant to offend you in any way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowerB View Post
Good one, Talyubittu.
You disagree?
ReplyPost New Thread