Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum General discussions

Sports but not quite: Martial Arts

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 15-02-2004, 03:50   #21
Tempus Fugit

Quote:
Originally posted by guesshoo
it was taking away from my after-school playtime.
LMAO!!

I did Judo for 4 years. Don't ever do that! It shouldn't even be called a martial art!! Whats the point of having 4 years of judo training? To be able to say "o yeah, im a brown belt in throwing people around and holding them down."..?? The only thing that keeps u from gettin ur ass kicked is the fact that it is considered a martial art.
Old 15-02-2004, 04:54   #22
Harrumph.

Pop!, I appreciate Judo more by it's form than by it's self-defense techniques. So to speak, Judo's the ballet of Martial Arts. In real life, actually no martial art, with the possible exception of Ninjitsu, has self-defense worth. Try displaying a karate kick in front of a robber: you'll get shot before you even finish. No no, the fight that's won is the fight that you don't fight: if you ever get mugged or assaulted, bring your hands up and give them whatever they want. The shake-up takes a while to go, but it goes. Your life never comes back if you get killed, tho'. :|

Ann t..A.T.u., I've been a red belt (iebi poom, that's half a degree from black for all of ya, or if you will, the little black tip on your ), for about three years. I just have never been able to keep up with the requirements to have my black belt. What are the requirements in your country? What's your school's name?
Old 15-02-2004, 14:07   #23
Gimme some sugar!

Quote:
Originally posted by darje
In real life, actually no martial art, with the possible exception of Ninjitsu, has self-defense worth.
Yep. u learn all the painfull spots on human body, and that comes soooo handy sometimes
Old 15-02-2004, 22:49   #24
What Do U Think??!!

Send a message via MSN to Ann t..A.T.u.
Quote:
Originally posted by darje
Pop!, I appreciate Judo more by it's form than by it's self-defense techniques. So to speak, Judo's the ballet of Martial Arts. In real life, actually no martial art, with the possible exception of Ninjitsu, has self-defense worth. Try displaying a karate kick in front of a robber: you'll get shot before you even finish. No no, the fight that's won is the fight that you don't fight: if you ever get mugged or assaulted, bring your hands up and give them whatever they want. The shake-up takes a while to go, but it goes. Your life never comes back if you get killed, tho'. :|

Ann t..A.T.u., I've been a red belt (iebi poom, that's half a degree from black for all of ya, or if you will, the little black tip on your ), for about three years. I just have never been able to keep up with the requirements to have my black belt. What are the requirements in your country? What's your school's name?
wow thats long been at thats stage. For 1st Degree black belt its a minimum of contineous training for at 3 years. So ill be 3 and a half years training when i go for mine. My club is jus called terenure. its where its located.

check out the site at www.inta.ie/terenure
~~~~~~~~~~~
m.a.y.b.e. member

m.a.y.b.e. - Members Against You Being Evaluated
Old 17-02-2004, 03:33   #25
Mujahedin

Send a message via ICQ to Dent
Like and plan to restart Capoeira. Long time ago i did for a few days but had to stop. Now i plan to get back Very cool indeed. Part dance, part fight.

Some animated gifs.

http://capoeira_regional.vilabol.uol.com.br/gifs.html
ReplyPost New Thread