Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum The Island of Arts

Why I love...

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 30-07-2003, 19:50   #1
Участник

Why I love...

...my fellow fanfic writers.

I really do, you know.

1) We have a wide selection of ideas here. You'd think that after a while we would run out of ways to write fanfics about Lena and Yulia. But you all keep pulling ideas out of the hat. I mean, we've got everything from Y+L in high school to Y+L in prison!

2) We have amazingly diverse writing styles here. I don't think anybody is ever going to confuse one of my fics for Uhaku's, or Yulia Fan's with Me am Hulk's, or...well, you get the idea.

3) We are a very supportive bunch of writers. I've seen places where the writers got *very* nasty with each other, wanting all the attention. Here, some of the people that are the best about giving feedback are the fellow writers. That's not so easy to come by, and I'm thrilled that we have that spirit of fellowship here.

Ok, if anybody wants to jump on board and say why *they* love our fanfic writers, feel free!

Parrish
Old 30-07-2003, 21:28   #2
The Poke Master

Send a message via AIM to rivierakid
Hmm...I kinda like this thread too. ^_^

Let's see...why I love the fanfic writers...Well, first off, I'm even more addicted to fanfiction than I ever was before thanks to you guys, and I'm loving it! ^_^ Secondly, you guys are easily some of the most talented writers I've ever got the chance to meet. I have yet to read a bad fic here, and believe me, I know what a bad fic looks like. I've read many -_-;; Third, like Parrish said, you're all very supportive of each other, which is *very* cool. ^_^

Put simply, you guys just plain rock!
Old 31-07-2003, 00:02   #3
think again....

Send a message via MSN to warx Send a message via Yahoo to warx
Y we(I) luv ur fics???
hmmmm........
let me just grab my thought....i hve this weird imaginations after reading PT new chap (chap 18---hehehehe)...

reading is not actually my lline(coz i get easilly bored) but ur fics r different.....i dunno y...i just luv it...
~~~~~~~~~~~
mY SITE
Old 31-07-2003, 00:33   #4
Determined

Thanks warx.*L*

I think you have said it all when it comes to the fanfic writers. Everyone is so supportive of each other and that made me feel more comfortable about finally writing one myself.

I think it's great that so many people can have so many different ideas. Like Parrish said, the girls are anywhere from in high school to being in prison.

I honestly didn't read any type of fanfic before I started reading the ones about Yulia and Lena. Now, I'm an addicted lunatic.*lol*

Writing and reading these fics has helped me blow off steam, laugh, cry, get all paranoid, sit on the edge of my seat, and many other things.

So, on that note I want to say thank you to everyone that has found themselves having an idea and writing about it. I wish every writer the best in whatever they decide to write.
Old 31-07-2003, 06:15   #5
Yearning

Send a message via AIM to dare2dream28 Send a message via MSN to dare2dream28
I agree with everything that has already been said, so I'd first like to second that. (get me? haha) Secondly, I'd actually like to thank the writers because I really HATE to read...except when it comes to these fanfics. The fanfics are why I get on the computer every day even if I have to sacrifice sleep...I'm too addicted! lol I love reading about the diverse situations the girls get in and love to see the twists and turns down their paths the authors decide to create. You know, it's pretty sad that now I read more fanfic stuff about tatu than actual news about them. LOL
Old 04-08-2003, 14:31   #6
Phanphic Phreak

Lightbulb The most astounding thing...

...to me, at least is the number of fanfic sites exclusively for tATu. The most obvious being TaLyubitTu, with its multi-lingual network of sites.

There's also the fact that the fanfics are thriving even though the real-life duo itself is standing on shaky ground at the moment. One minute, there's the threat of a split, the next they're reportedly in studio. However, the number of fics and fanfic writers keeps expanding.

What I'm most curious about is WHY so many people at this site and others feel compelled to write about Yulia and Lena. I have asked darje this question, and she replied that the songs themselves have a powerful message about "devotion against all adversity" (approximate quote.) For myself, I STILL can't answer that question. I only intended to write one or two stories, I've written about NINE so far.

So let me pose the question again to all writers: WHY do you write about tATu? and to the readers: WHY do you enjoy reading the stories?

-Me Am Hulk
Old 04-08-2003, 15:30   #7
Участник

Nine? Good Lord...and I thought *I* had written a lot of tatu fanfic.

Hmmm.....I could answer the question "why do you write?" easier than "why do you write about them?"

The first fanfic I wrote was directly inspired by their music. I was listening to their cd when the storyline popped into my head. Which is funny, because a *lot* of that fanfic didn't have much to do directly with their music...ah hell, it's too complicated to explain. If you've read it, you know what I mean. If not, it would take far to long to go into.

Why do I read fanfics about them? Well, for the most part I only read fanfics that are by writers at tatysite. Maybe I'm biased, but *I* feel that the writers here are amazingly talented. I used to hop around at other sites looking for fanfic, only to be disappointed very often. I don't know how we got such a talented group all here, but we did. So I think the fact that I read all the fanfics here are more of a statement of the *writers*, than on Yulia and Lena.

Don't get me wrong, I *am* a fan of the girls. And it certainly helps to have a mental picture of them when I'm reading.

Ok, I sort of answered your question and now I'm just rambling. I'll stop now.

Parrish
Old 04-08-2003, 22:13   #8
mmm...Yulia

i agree with Parrish, i like all the fic writers here too... its great cos not only do i enjoy writing them myself, but more so i love reading the stories of other writers too.

why do i write them? honestly? cos i have a very vivid imagination. i put myself in ppl's place and then act out a story line in my head. (*cough* freak *cough*). then, i feel that i have to get them down on paper. thats what makes writing only one fic very difficult, because my mind is constantly acting out all these little scenarios (sp?!).

although i am awful with my updates, i now find myself really tortured as i *WANT* to write but (as i said on tatu.us), i cant due to a mess up with my new computer. its frustrating to have the story in my head and not able to type it... but hopefully all that will change soon...

hmm, well dunno if that answered any questions... :s
Old 05-08-2003, 00:48   #9
think again....

Send a message via MSN to warx Send a message via Yahoo to warx
me, glad to hear that all of u still enjoying writing fics...
hmmm wat if one day u dnt want to write anymore..u jst leave the story hanging...plss dnt do that, ok?(its not a command, me, just asking a small favor frm u guys...
~~~~~~~~~~~
mY SITE
ReplyPost New Thread