View Single Post
Old 16-05-2009, 19:44   #186
My Waking Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by forre View Post
My Top 10 prediction (with comments):

1. Norway (hate it but it hits each chapter of the book "How to win Eurovision")
2. France (sings well and popular in some countries)
3. U.K. (great start position, jury pick)
4. Greece (such shit works well plus has cool visual presentation)
5. Bosnia (gets votes of all Balkan countries)
6. Iceland (everyone's little sweetheart and gets votes from all Scandinavia)
7. Estonia (very original, gets Baltic votes plus jury pick)
8. Azerbajan (neighbour voting plus decent jury pick)
9. Armenia (diaspora plus votes from all folk style lovers)
10. Ukraine (somehow people like it, crazy visual presentation plus it has great start position)

You're going a lot against the odds here this time around forre. Who's gonna give points to the borefests of the UK and France jut because they have some big names? Then again if you get it right chapeau to you. Turkey not making the top 10 would be a huge surprise for me, did you forget them or did you intentionally not include them?
Also, I can see that the Ukraine not only did make the final but it's the 6th favourite to win, it'll take the bloc voting to work overtime to get that garbage into the top 4 but it might just happen, there's always the odd one up there.
Greece is losing momentum, in Greece they don't even expect the song to make the top 5 now despite what they seem to be saying. Some would even say that Norway is losing momentum too perhaps the song was overplayed and people got bored by it? I think Azerbaijan will do better than 8.
My personal favourite is Estonia, judging by the quality of the song and not the presentation which is not flashy enough.

PS. Maybe with the new voting system the UK and France will get a boost, with the old one they had no chance whatsoever. So they might make the top 10 but Top 3 is a big stretch.