View Single Post
Old 04-09-2003, 23:38   #18
Just say maybe

Quote:
Originally posted by THEvolkovaADDICT
Hmmmmmm..... Im going to recommend a duo called Atmosphere ....They probably won't be of interest to anyone on here, but they're IMO the biggest known name in the Underground...
I listened to all three songs. I'll admit I was cynical, as I'm naturally inclined to distrust any scene that makes a virtue of it's 'underground' status. Often it's a cover for sloppy production and a shortage of the kind of quality songs that would take an act overground. However I really liked what I heard - especially the first two songs.

The instrumentation reminded me of Arrested Development or even Warren G's less daft moments. These comparisions should be viewed as positive. Rap music attained perfection in 1992, after all. Maybe. I'm a sucker for mellow, daisy-age stylee stylings.

The third song did less for me. Maybe because it sounded, to my ears, a bit too similar to 'The Way I Am' by Ms. Volkova's favourite. I think that distracted me. Any chain of thoughts that runs towards Yulia generally does. That and my attention was swayed by Dirty Sanchez on the TV.

Yah. But just to say I was impressed, anyway.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Stay in the underworld with me.