View Single Post
Old 19-01-2005, 22:22   #15
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasfcuk
agree. And my cousin (who is super str8) aknoledges the fact that Serbian girlies are one of the most beautiful women on earth In general i think on the Balkans, women are waaaaaaaaaaay more beautiful than men in that region (please, dont take this offensivly). Rarely would I say a BG boy is HOT! (they usually look Scandinavian then )
No offence. I quite agree. The cuteness of the Balkan peninsula lies in the XX chromosome.

Quote:
Also agree that Americans are very beautiful, for the same fact - the diversity of all kinds of cultures/races mixing together!
Exactly. You get fed up with seeing nothing but slavics every day of your lives. I was in 7th heaven walking through Boston's China Town. Not to mention how at awe I was of the black people. The probably thought I was a racist or something, from staring at them so fondly.

Quote:
haha, I agree, to some extent, but wouldnt you say Greeks have a bit of the Balkan MENTALITY as well?
Well... up to an extent maybe. They're easy-going, careless about certain things... but all these things corelate to the mediteranian cultures as well. Dunno. They definitely have some balkan feel in them, but it's clear they're culturaly a lot different then for instance Bulgarians or Serbs.

Quote:
Then again, is Slovenia considered part of the peninsula? Cause you guys are a bit too far up and away..... and with more West influence than, lets say... the TRUE Balkanians like Serbia, Bulgaria, and Romiania!
Well... it's disputable. Everyone in Slovenia wants to desperately deny any kind of conection to the balkan heritage, while we lived as a part of Yugoslavia for 50 years. It left a mark definitely. And there's still a huge Yugo-nostalgia here. 60% of slovene popular music comes from south of the border. It also shows in cuisine, love of football etc... But for sure - our mentality is a tad different from an average Balkan folk. Infact when I was in Serbia, the Serbs said that Austrians and Germans are out "rođaki"... which would mean "family". Which is quite peculiar, since we're much more related to Serbs ethnicaly when we are to Austains or Germans. But it does show you something about our mentality.

Quote:
spy, I would think more why it might be that Greeks hate us so much, but I think we've already suggested some of the most obvious reasons....
Well I think it's mostly down to the fact that your "cousins" Macedonians "stole" a very important historical name of a nation from them. The only "Macedonians" for them are the descendans of Alexander the great. Hellenes. And not some slavic tribe. I think that's what's bothering them.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyretto
"The true Balkans is Serbia, Bulgaria and Romania?" Is it because they're similar slavic cultures? I can't say I understand what you mean exactly. off]
Romanians are NOT Slavic, you infidel!
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.