View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 23:08   #65
My Waking Hour

People are already talking about Bulgaria not qualifying due to partisan voting. If you take away its neighbours there aren't that many who would vote for them, the performance was probably one of the better ones on the night.

Yeah, more or less I would agree with your reflections Argos, I actually liked Slovenia too but I expected a more powerful performance vocally, at least she sounds much more powerful on the record. I was thinking perhaps that Austria wouldn't qualify exactly for the same reasons ( great vocals but poor song ) and also because Slovenia with their ballad would qualify instead. At the end they both qualified.
Ireland? the song is undoubtedly bubblegum catchy but surely you can't qualify on the basis of your backing vocalists doing all the singing.

Again, I wasn't disappointed by the songs I have liked so far, Slovenia was okay-ish and the UK and France and Italy will be checked in the final. I liked the song and stage presence of Estonia as well but they will have to improve their vocals.

In all, the vocals are far from being a strong point in this year's competition.

Zdob-si-Zdub? I expected a much much better song from them but then again they made the final so my thoughts are mixed. Definitely not a good song imo...and tried my best to like it.