Thread: Madonna
View Single Post
Old 25-08-2006, 19:44   #216
Сидите на моем рту

Send a message via MSN to QueenOfLesbania Send a message via Skype™ to QueenOfLesbania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel
What was so bad about it?
just about everything.. to no fault of madonna though - it's not her fault i think the confessions album sucks so she can't be blamed for the music, she did what she was there to do.. but basically the whole thing was just completely unstructured and badly planned from the parking areas to the actual event.

interesting fact: 600 porta-loos isn't enough for 85000 people..
interesting thought: never arrange an event for 85000 people in a city of 50000 residents.

anyway a bit about the show. after waiting in queues for 5 hours outside gates finally opened
we were well chuffed that we were able to push our way all the way up to around 30-40 yards from the centre of the stage, and stood waiting for 2 hours before paul okenfold came on. then madonna finally came on at around 9:30 (half hour late as expected) but unfortunately the stage was so low down that we couldn't see anything at all, not even the equally low big screens.. even after live to tell when we went further back it was bad, cos although we could now see at least the screens, by then the sound was bad cos there were only speakers up by the stage.

so we thought "fuck it" and decided to leave during music/disco inferno medley. i was surprised to see we weren't the only ones - shitloads of people left along with us. and we were well pissed off when we realised we had a better view from the street outside. so we stood there for erotica/u thrill me and lucky star before walking all the way downtown to the shuttle buses to take us to our parking area thinking we could at least beat the traffic.
we got on one and specifically asked the driver if it was the right bus - but alas it wasn't. then he agreed to let us ride back with him which was cool. only he wasn't from there and had no idea how to get back to the shuttle stop so what should've taken 10 mins ended up taking an hour. we then got stuck in traffic before the shuttle stop and decided to leave the sodding bus and then went in the one right behind us. thank fuck we got on when we did cos there were 35000 people wating at the stop to get on a bus. we finally got to our car and then were stuck in traffic for another 3 hours...
i know for sure i'll be going to london next time as we have the other times i've seen her cos at least they have a clue what they're doing.
~~~~~~~~~~~
QoL

I don't believe you!