Thread: Tennis thread
View Single Post
Old 22-05-2004, 07:07   #13
Участник

Send a message via ICQ to nath Send a message via MSN to nath Send a message via Skype™ to nath
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie
It was such a shame Martina retired. And so many years before her time as well. Lady's tennis lost a lot of grace with her retirement... it signaled the start of the power-houses era.
Yes i agree Freddie .... i liked the time when female tennis was "clever " strategy...Of course , you can't be a great tennis player if your mind doesn't follow and the present players have a "head" but...sometimes it's more their physicall strenght which makes them win ...more than their strategy....
I liked the time of Navratilova and Steffie Graff...
I spoke about Navratilova 'cause of course she retired ...but she will play this year ...she is 47 years old and she comes back just for this Roland Garros.
I don't think she will stay during a lot of turns but...it will be a "heart great pleasure" for me to see her again....Yep ...I mean she wasn't beautiful nor a top model.....but she had a kind of "elegance" (you found the right word, Freddie )which came from her...from her behaviour.... She had a veryy strong personnality....