Thread: Via Gra
View Single Post
Old 29-01-2010, 20:27   #201
Martian Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegurgi View Post
... you didn't really answer the question.
There's nowhere discussion about a probable line-up change, not in the media nor in the forums (although some people discuss there, whether VIA Gra needs Tanya or not). The event took place on Dec. 23. Since then no public live event to my knowledge There was an appearance in Char'kov last Saturday, but I have no info about it. Tomorrow they should be on TV (on Ukrainian channel 'Inter' at the concert "Zolotaya sharmanka"), so speculations may not last long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyubittu
]This group has had more members than I have sex partners. So it's somewhere up in the high 30s.
You overestimate the number of your sex partners! There are only 11 different girls in 10 years, so one girl was ~3 years in VIA Gra on average. Considering that some (wrong) decisions were in a hurry because of full calendar and therefore some lady didn't suit to the group and had to be replaced, this number isn't so bad. In Russia's professional girlgroups the recycling duration is about 4 years.

Whatever, last year's airplay charts list them in the top 20 most played artists (and this without bribing the radio stations) and in the audience choice chart (which represents the acceptance in the fan community) they were on seventh position, ahead of Dima Bilan(!), and far ahead of Savicheva, Lazarev, Valeriya etc. On top of that VIA Gra managed to be awarded with the 'Golden Grammofon of Russkoe Radio' 7 years in a row (that's every year at least one top hit which rotates more than 20 weeks in the chart). No other active artist/group was able to do this continously.

By the way, I owe you some real gem. On Oct. 31 there was a concert in Erevan, where Ukrainian and Armenian artists met (called 'Erevan - Kiev Tranzit'), which was aired in the New Year holidays. Here on Youtube. As you can easily read from the insert, together with Armenian star Arame. The song is called 'Ampets korav'.