Thread: Classical Music
View Single Post
Old 17-10-2003, 01:32   #30
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
1.) definition:

By Hyperdictionary:

Quote:
"traditional genre of music conforming to an established form and appealing to critical interest and developed musical taste."
AMG definition:

Quote:
"Classical music is probably the most misunderstood of all musical categories, a result of its seeming remoteness — it is, after all, far older than any of the other major musical fields, dating back to the fifth and sixth centuries. But it is also easy to understand — even for the listener utterly unschooled in its forms — on its own terms, because it is the most formalistic of music. It is a music of precision and allows the listener a very clear look at both the intent and design of the composer.

Classical music is built upon a shared repertory of established works and their different interpretations. As opposed to most pop listeners, for whom the overall sound of a recording is usually more important than details, classical listeners normally dwell on details of interpretation and the nuances of playing. Those details are everything — the differences in interpretation, and those nuances of instrument or voice, drive the whole field of classical music. Of course, there are exceptions to these generalizations — classical listeners, to some degree, are buying the overall sound of a piece, regardless of the way it is performed. But even many casual classical listeners tend to be more analytical than all but the most serious rock listeners."
2.) I enjoy it very much. Ever since I was a child.Got hooked on it like many others befor me - watching Tom & Jerry cartoons

3. ) What do I listen to? Oh my word... I don't know all the titles but I can easily say the master Wolfgang Amadeus is my favourite of them all (how stereotypical LOL) (Eine Kleine Nachtsmusic, Piano Sonata #15 in C minor, Figaro's Wedding...plus many more I don't knwo the names of. )...

Then there's Ludwig Van Beethowen of course with the unforgetable 5th and 9th symphonies. I aslo like his Piano Sonata's #8 and #14 in C minor. "Fur Elise" is also one special in my heart.

Not to forget Peter Iljitsch Tschaikowsky - Nuttcracker, the Swan Lake & 1812 Overture are the obvious choices here.

I also like some special classic tunes, like the epic "Also Sprach Zaratustra" by Richard Wagner that was made famous again by the movie Space Oddisey 2001.
Then there's the "Flight Of The Bumblebee" (don't know by who unfortunately).

Regarding classical opera I went to see only one in the national theatre years ago and I still comsider it the best - The Bat (I hope that's the correct translation) by Richard Strauss
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.