View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 21:24   #81
Freakin' Nutmeggers!

Send a message via AIM to Ace of Order
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyubittu View Post
Yes. Because you're suffering from the mental dissease of homosexuality aren't you?
But...it isn't a disease as far as the scientific community is concerned. And I hate to say, but EVERYTHING we currently "know" is pretty much a theory. Because at any point in time, new evidence could present itself that could cause us to re-evaluate what we "consider" to be fact right now. (Note: Pluto.) What you take as fact is really just a heavily believed theory. I choose to accept the scientific community's belief that our atmosphere is made of oxygen, carbon dioxide, and other misc. gases, that the speed of light is constant, and that homosexuality is legit. However... that does not in no way mean that it should not be accepted as "fact", because the whole concept of a Fact is based in our understanding of logic and on our investigational sciences.

Quote:
I'm guessing it has something to do with theory and something that hasn't been proven correct, however foundations support the said answer.
If that's your answer, then I assume you take absolutely nothing as fact, because everything we know is based off the investigational sciences. Everything.

Quote:
Like I said. There's a difference in wanting to be the opposite sex and doing things that the opposite sex usually does. It's not the same thing.
Interesting. There was a study done in the Netherlands involving several autopsies of pre-op transexuals that found that they biologically had the brain formations and size of their personally identified gender. So it would seem that they did in fact understand that their body was not in congruence with their mind (or for that matter, their physical brain). Source: http://www.symposion.com/ijt/ijtc0106.htm

It would seem that there is valid biological "proof" of transsexualism.

Offtop:
If you're going to go back several decades and say that I have the mental disorder of homosexuality, then I'm going to playfully go back several centuries to when there were only 13 colonies making up America, and say that you're not American because you're off in the wilderness to the West. I mean, it WAS "fact" that America was only the thirteen states back then...