View Single Post
Old 01-05-2004, 07:03   #1
Участник

"The Da Vinci Code". Anyone read the book?

Did any of you guys read this fantastic book by Dan Brown - "The Da Vinci Code"?

If not, you owe it to yourself to read it. It is truely mind blowing. I got it right after I saw the documentary which claimed that Jesus Christ was married to Mary Magdalene. The book's plot is as follows:

While in Paris on business, Harvard symbologist Robert Langdon receives an urgent late-night phone call: the elderly curator of the Louvre has been murdered inside the museum. Near the body, police have found a baffling cipher. While working to solve the enigmatic riddle, Langdon is stunned to discover it leads to a trail of clues hidden in the works of Da Vinci -- clues visible for all to see -- yet ingeniously disguised by the painter.

Langdon joins forces with a gifted French cryptologist, Sophie Neveu, and learns the late curator was involved in the Priory of Sion -- an actual secret society whose members included Sir Isaac Newton, Botticelli, Victor Hugo, and Da Vinci, among others.

In a breathless race through Paris, London, and beyond, Langdon and Neveu match wits with a faceless powerbroker who seems to anticipate their every move. Unless Langdon and Neveu can decipher the labyrinthine puzzle in time, the Priory's ancient secret -- and an explosive historical truth -- will be lost forever.

The book is an exhaustively researched page-turner about secret religious societies, ancient coverups and savage vengeance. I LOVED it.

What did you think of it?