View Single Post
Old 29-12-2003, 06:47   #1
Yearning

Send a message via AIM to dare2dream28 Send a message via MSN to dare2dream28
Fanfic - More Than Bargained For

Hi everyone! Well, I never thought this would happen, but I actually decided to write my own fic. Before I share anything though, I would like to say a few things. 1) I am not a fast writer so if you do like it, *please* bare with me as far as updates go. I can only dream of having the speed that Parrish has. 2) This is my first attempt *ever* at writing anything like this so keep that in mind while reading if some things don't make sense. 3) The biggest THANK YOU I can scream to Parrish because if it were not for her, I would have never even thought of sharing this or continuing it for that matter. Parrish, you have no idea how much I look up to you.

Oh yeah, and of course I don't own Lena or Yulia, but I do own the dogs so if you want to borrow them for any reason, just let me know.

MORE THAN BARGAINED FOR

Chapter 1

“Now arriving at gate 2, flight 1004” Lena heard announced over the loud speaker at the International Airport. Wearing jeans and a t-shirt with her long red curly hair pulled back and hidden under a baseball hat, she definitely stood out in the crowd consisting mainly of business people in fancy suits.

Lena stood awkwardly at the lobby of the gate holding a sign that said “VOLKOVA” while she waited for the foreign exchange student to arrive. Since the Katinas lived in a somewhat remote part of the country where the closest neighbor is a half mile away, her family thought it would be a good idea for her to be around a girl her own age for a change instead of being outside all day long with just the animals as company and occasionally socializing with her older brother, Alex.

Hearing someone talk what sounded like Russian on a cell phone, Lena turned around, getting the first glimpse at who she presumed would be her family’s guest. Seeing the short, black haired girl walking in high heels and wearing an outfit that looked like it cost more than her entire wardrobe, the look on Lena’s face fell into a look of disbelief. Oh please, please, please let there be another Russian talking teenage girl on that plane. Please don’t make me spend the *entire* year with Miss Priss.

You have got to be kidding me. Their driver needs a *serious* makeover and pronto.
Yulia thought when she first laid eyes on the girl holding the sign with her name on it.

“Hi. You must be the Katina’s driver. I have five bags you need to pick up. Come on. We need to hurry so none of these low-lifes tries to steal my luggage.” Yulia said in a disgusted tone.

Kill me now. “Excuse me? Driver? No, I’m Lena, their daughter.” Lena said while extending her hand.

“Daughter?” Yulia said as her bright blue eyes widened and looked at the extended hand as if it was a shirt that was out of style.

“Yes. I am Lena Katina. Mom and Dad had to work today so they sent me to come pick you up. You must be Yulia.”

Continuing to stare at the offered hand, Yulia answered, “Yes, I am Yulia. I’m used to getting picked up by a driver.”

Realizing that Yulia obviously was not going to shake her hand, Lena responded “Okay. Well, we better hurry up so we can try and beat some of the crowd. It’s going to be crazy trying to get out of here.”

~~~~~~~~~~~

Why did I agree to this again? Lena thought as she partly dragged, partly carried four of Yulia’s five bags, Yulia of course taking the smallest one.

“Well, this is it. This is my baby.” Lena said with pride as they approached her blue 2002 Jeep Cherokee. Just as Lena was getting in the driver’s side, she noticed that Yulia was still standing at the passenger door.

Giving Lena an annoyed look, Yulia said “Aren’t you going to open the door for me?” as she stomped her foot.

Oh hell no. That’s it. Lena got out of her seat and quickly walked over to Yulia’s side. “Okay, let’s get a couple things straight. One, I am *not* the Katina’s personal chauffeur so you can get over that act real fast. Two, I am not your personal servant either. You’re lucky I was nice enough to carry your very heavy luggage to the car. And lastly, we are going to have to spend the entire year together so let’s treat each other as *equals* not inferiors. Got it? Good. Now let’s go.”

What a bitch. Yulia thought as she reluctantly got into the passenger’s side.

This is going to be a long year. Lena thought as she sighed and prepared for the long, silent car ride home.
~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.myspace.com/dare2dream28 I DARE you to click it. ;)

Thanks to room4602 at the Spashley forum for my avatar. :)