View Single Post
Old 20-04-2004, 04:19   #25
kis$ it

Send a message via AIM to Lux Send a message via MSN to Lux Send a message via Yahoo to Lux Send a message via Skype™ to Lux
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasnedagoniat
I think that "only stupid people need the girls" means that good music is good music regardless of who is singing. To me it doesn't matter if I am attracted to the other POD artists because of the use of Belochka as a marketing ploy. We were attracted to the group t.A.T.u. in much the same way. But we ended up liking them. (t.A.T.u. used the whole schoolgirl lesbian image to catch our attention, even though we now know everything behind that stunt. It's not like people are buying the CD thinking it's full of new t.A.T.u. songs.)

But, I do think Ivan was lying when he said, "I am not t.A.T.u.", because he is t.A.T.u.(at least there is no t.A.T.u. w/o him), so "t.A.T.u. in Podnebesnaya" is not exactly false advertising....

t.A.T.u. came out as themselves, with one amazing cd. that is what got people hooked. how is this the same as the compilation album using tatu's name to get people interested?
i am saying that using "tatu" on the cover is one step away from saying "we having nothing completed by this group that we no longer work with but please buy this album with a bunch of other singers under the guise of their name and popularity"

it's exactly false advertising. the songs are mostly not by tatu, although their name is on the cover, as THEIR cd. what the shit is that
i can see how ivan used tatu *among* his many projects to sell the album but STILL that is deceptive to the rest of us tatu fans, cause we didint want anything else, at least i didnt.