View Single Post
Old 26-09-2003, 23:33   #15
no....

disengage I'm not speaking about genre's... i'm talking about focus. What do you focus on? The words and meaning or the sound? and i would consider THE SOUND to be the music.

and i'm glad freddie agrees with me.

oh, and i completely forgot to mention EMOTION. so thanks for mentioning that haku

also to KishKash
I get that whole thing, except it doesn't have to be music. just, silence drives me crazy [even to sleep i need some kind of white noise]. If i went DEAF, i'd probably literally go insane.
When i hear music, i focus on it, even if it's music i don't like [for instance, right now my neighbor is playing rap music, and i'm listening to it, and slightly focused on it (all i hear is the beat and faint rapping, which isn't the rapping from the song but my neighbor rapping along)]

Oh, And Coolasfcuk, music is mathemetics, think about the first thing you see on your Music, the Key [Treble or Bass] and then The Time, 3/8? 4/4? It's all just numbers, the director counts the beats in that same pattern, 1/2/3/4. Music: The only math i like! and when i talk about the WORDS, i AM speaking in a general mode. And i know DADAISM very well, in fact, in My singing group, we did it. It was fun and sounded great.