View Single Post
Old 19-01-2005, 22:03   #13
Bitchka

Yeah, well me and spy were [off] again (surprise, surprise) and so this thread emerged
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie
OK, what are we talking about here? People of the Balkans? Who is, who isn't? Who dresses better? Well for one thing, I can safely say that from what I saw Slovene people dress WAY better then Americans do. At least according to my tastes. Americans are too fond of baggy clothes. I like to see some curves.
Well, I havent been to Slovenia yet, but I can believe ya, as i can say Bulgarians dress better than Americans as well even though majority of them are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay poorer. Its just the mentality, might be your last/only 50 bucks, but it better be spent on fashionable brand piece of clothing... even if that means not being able to pay your heating bill!

Quote:
And I still say the best dressed girls I ever saw were the ones in Belgrade. Those girls really know what to wear to look sexy. I could easily objectively say they are the best looking as well, although I must say I'm more fond of American girls in that regards (but that's just me - I LOVE cultural diversity).
Well, I personally havent been in Belgrade yet, but my cousin has .... and I've seen more than enough Serbs at the Bulgarian Black Sea, and I have to say .... I agree. And my cousin (who is super str8) aknoledges the fact that Serbian girlies are one of the most beautiful women on earth In general i think on the Balkans, women are waaaaaaaaaaay more beautiful than men in that region (please, dont take this offensivly). Rarely would I say a BG boy is HOT! (they usually look Scandinavian then )
Also agree that Americans are very beautiful, for the same fact - the diversity of all kinds of cultures/races mixing together!

Quote:
As for the question what nations are still considered to be balkan... that's easy. All that live on the Balkan peninsula. The real question is which of those nations have the balkan MENTALITY though. IMO I'd say those are all the slavic balkan nations, plus Albania and Romania. Greeks are a bit more... mediteranian (don't take this literaly though).
haha, I agree, to some extent, but wouldnt you say Greeks have a bit of the Balkan MENTALITY as well?
Then again, is Slovenia considered part of the peninsula? Cause you guys are a bit too far up and away..... and with more West influence than, lets say... the TRUE Balkanians like Serbia, Bulgaria, and Romiania!

spy, I would think more why it might be that Greeks hate us so much, but I think we've already suggested some of the most obvious reasons....
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!