View Single Post
Old 19-01-2005, 18:18   #5
Bitchka

Quote:
Originally Posted by noki_the_cat
I noticed the girls and young ladies in east Europe try their best to be as beautiful, elegant, classy, attractive, tasteful, pretty, fashionable and appropriate. Very impressive compared to north American and the no cares grunge look.
You forgot to say 'women' as well.... i dont think its only the young that wanna be fashionable. Though i have to admit, i think a middle ground is the best - USA (esp mid west) is a bit tooooooooooooooo careless - you could see people going to school lin their pajama bottom shorts, nasty old t-shirt and flip-flops and it just gets tiring to watch NASTYly dressed--tasteless people. In East Europe on the other hand things are waaaaaaaaaaay to dressy. One feels like they have to put make up on and get dressed up to simply go throw away the trash in fear of being noticed looking too grungy

Quote:
I never understood what the problem is with Bulgarian people. I can understand it with the Turks and the Albanians, but not with the Bulgarians. There must be something but I don't know what it is. The Bulgarians sided with the Nazi in WWII, right? That might have something to do with that.
Yeah I'm afraid the Southerns ( those people in Athens mostly, who are cocooned around their own little existence ) use the word "Bulgarians" as an insult for the Northerners. It's going on for a while and has become commonplace on sports grounds. It has generated attention recently and it's going to become an issue that comes to the Greek House of Parliament. The antipathy may have something to do with that.
So to be called a "Bulgarian" is synonymous to a big insult. I don't understand it and I don't think it's fair either but it's only me
so yeah, all my friends werent exaggerating then! Yes, for a while we were on 'the wrong site' during the wars but I dont see the Greeks saying: "Oh, look at that asshole, he is such a German!" Thanks for clarifying that though... there goes my enjoyment of possible Greek vacation!

p.s. I have nothing against Greeks either, 2 of my grandparents were practically born in Greece, although they are 100% bulgarian ... until at age 10 they were KICKED out due to border changes ... maybe that's the problem - all those Balkanadian countries just have too intertwined history ... and the Balkanadians have way too much pride.. OPPA (Watching the Big FAt Greek WEdding though, it applies to BG just as good haha)
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!

Last edited by coolasfcuk; 19-01-2005 at 18:36.